Price Adjustments

mandyjo3789

jw109, I agree with you 100%. To me, if their price adjustment policy says they should (which it does) then there should be no room for argument. But Target stores are known for being wishy washy on their policies.

Under certain situations Target corporate does give some latitude to the individual stores. For instance, if a store has a rash of fraudulent coupons being used then the management may limit how many like items can be bought using a coupon. That I understand. But in my opinion deviating from a simple price adjustment policy is just wrong.

the manager can do whatever they feel like doing no matter what corporate says. And at 5am on Friday morning - corporate won't be open. Now you can call corporate when they open on Friday (if they open at all) and complain, but I know one year I had to rebuy and return everything I had purchased earlier in the week cause I had a real jerk of a manager at my local Target.

the manager can do whatever they feel like doing no matter what corporate says. And at 5am on Friday morning - corporate won't be open. Now you can call corporate when they open on Friday (if they open at all) and complain, but I know one year I had to rebuy and return everything I had purchased earlier in the week cause I had a real jerk of a manager at my local Target.

But did they let you return it and buy it right then and there? If so, I'm not too worried.

Does anyone know who gets the call when you call a Target store directly? I pushed 0 for the operator,and wonder if I should've requested to speak to someone in Guest Services...I intend to go there tonight anyway, since someone said the pajamas were already on sale, to get a few things, and I think I'll just casually ask someone in Guest Services while I'm there...

My Target just lost out to Walmart because they said they wouldn't price adjust. I just purchased the Wii system there ($20 gift card for buying it) and I wanted to get the Wii play with extra remote. They said they wouldn't price adjust it on Friday (on sale BF for $39). So I bought the Wii system and went to Walmart for the Wii play/remote and they said they would price adjust on Fri to any other local advertized price. So now I only have to stop in to get my $10 back.

Does anyone know who gets the call when you call a Target store directly? I pushed 0 for the operator,and wonder if I should've requested to speak to someone in Guest Services...I intend to go there tonight anyway, since someone said the pajamas were already on sale, to get a few things, and I think I'll just casually ask someone in Guest Services while I'm there...

I believe it is someone in guest services, I called earlier and had a question about price match and they put a manager on the phone for me. Really easy to deal with!

If you pressed "0", you will get the operator. It's not someone in Guest Services. If you want someone in GS, you will have to ask the operator for GS.

I believe it is someone in guest services, I called earlier and had a question about price match and they put a manager on the phone for me. Really easy to deal with!

Was it still available to buy? My daughter came home last night around 5:30 pm and she said that before her lunch all the big item stuff was pulled off the shelves. She said that it was computer driven, meaning a certain percentage had sold too quickly by that time and the team leads were informed to move it out so there would be enough for Friday. She's not looking forward to working on Friday.

Talking to an assistant manager at my Target.. We've gotten friends so to speak seeing how I'm there all the time. Not first name basis, but talk all the same.

Anyhoo, I asked about price adjustments (buy now and adjust on Friday morning). She said they have no problem with it and people have been doing it since the store opened, so why stop it now? Either way we get their business (love her attitude). I asked about the TV (don't need it though) and she said people have been buying them all day! She told me she had to hold at least 10 for Friday though. I think they had over 50 of them. Back stock person was to call her when it got down to 10 then they would cut it off.

Was it still available to buy? My daughter came home last night around 5:30 pm and she said that before her lunch all the big item stuff was pulled off the shelves. She said that it was computer driven, meaning a certain percentage had sold too quickly by that time and the team leads were informed to move it out so there would be enough for Friday. She's not looking forward to working on Friday.

Well I called and spoke to one of the managers and she said it was no problem. Well when I got to the store it said they had 28 available but 0 in stock... so I was like OH NO!! But when the employee called up to the manager she said she had spoke to me and it was fine and let me purchase the tv. So they went in the back and pulled one of the tv's up for me...

I went and got some of the movies, the rocker, the slippers, and the adult pj's. However, I could not find the kids pj's, they were not out. I swung by and asked the manager about adjusting and she said I was good to go!

I was told tonight that they would not price adjust at my store, although they did it last night. I was also told that if I bought it back on Friday it would sit there until the end of the day and not be put back on the floor. So if that is the case I will return it all on Friday and get all my money back! I'll spend it all at Walmart and they will price match.

Well, I went and got a bunch of stuff tonight, and if they don't price adjust, they can have it all back...wasn't anything I HAD to have, just stuff that I could use, and a couple of things I wanted for my kids...

We'll see what happens on Friday...

My husband actually asked on Wednesday and my Target whom we previously had no trouble with said NO, NO PRICE ADJUST!

Well he was everywhere today getting stuff and then will go for adjustment soon--if they don't they are getting EVERY ITEM back and I think if enough people give EVERYTHING back, Target might just be a little sorry...

And for the person who said they were told the workers WERE NOT PUTTING THE ITEMS BACK ON FLOOR after SHE RETURNED THEM UNTIL LATE TONIGHT-- it is just I don't know,rude? like she is giving her a warning or daring her to return them.

I think I'd tell her she can keep her stuff and I hope she puts them where I'd like her to put them, before or after the store closes...

My Target PA'd without any issue this morning. :) I was in and out with a free soda within 5 minutes!

Me too! Bought the Indiana Jones lego set last week and price matched it with their own ad this morning. No issues. They actually had at least 10 still on the shelf and that was at about 7 am.

Well, my store usually would price adjust, but NO this year they absolutely would not price adjust AND they would not even pm a 2 day sale item from a competitor! I had even called on Wednesday to make sure they would, then they changed their story today! I spoke to a manager and he said he couldn't do anything, which we all know is a LIE. I have never been so furious!:mad:

Well, my adjustment was so-so. We bought our Westinghouse Wed night. They said they only had one, but we got it. Some lady asked my wife, as she was going to pay, if it was the one that was going to be on sale on BF. My wife played dumb ;), lol. Today my DW tried to get it adjusted and they said no doorbusters. So then it was my turn to adjust a few movies and WD hard drive. They told me the same thing. They said the whole page was doorbuster items. I said they were not doorbusters, only the things in the red circles because the words said 'doorbuster' w/o the letter 's', meaning just those items. My items were not in the 'red circles.' They asked the manager and I got my adjustment. So I cleared that hurdle. Went to another Target and got the Westinghouse adjusted, no questions asked. I was ready to argue that it didn't mention doorbuster for the Westinghouse on the front of the ad, but it worked out. Very Happy :D.

My Target had signs on all their CS registers that said they would not price adjust. The only things I had to adjust were 2 scooters. So, not one to be played with I went and bought two new scooters and then immediately returned them on my old receipt. HA HA HA!