Price Adjustments

mandyjo3789

I stopped by the Target closest to me this afternoon. The manager there said that he can't say officially, but he believes that they will not be price adjusting for the 2-day sale because it will be considered a special event or something like that.

He also, speaking in general terms of course, told me that if there were a 32" Westy for sale it would be in the main center aisle. There isn't even a spot for it in the display area. He said that they are getting rid of the Westinghouse brand and that if they have one in the ad it is likely a clearance price. And that not only would he not fight anyone to get one, he doesn't even think that set is worth standing in line for.

YMMV, of course.

Hey Kathi, buy your stuff now and print THIS info out and take it with you on BF to get your price adjustment.

Target can't just make up policies as they go. Here is the bottom line on price adjustments.

1. Price adjustments can be done either on the same week or the week following your purchase.

2. You must have your receipt (or get them to look it up).

3. You must price match during the sale (i.e. during BF)

4. The item you are adjusting cannot be a clearance item.

Target policy makes no mention of not being able to price adjust just because they are having a special 2 day sale. Hope that helps.

I'm not so sure about that. I think the local stores have a bit of latitude as far as their policy interpretation, especially since the corporate line I received in response to my email was very noncommittal.

Anyhow, the Westy is not on the floor. No space for it in the display, no shelf tag. As far as the sales floor goes it is nonexistent.

I hear ya Kathi, I would go HERE and do a lookup to see if your Target has them in stock. If they got it in stock then print out the copy and take it to the store. Better yet, call up your Target and ask them to "check item availability" and give them the DCPI number (which is 008-09-0773) and ask if that item is available. If so, go to the store and get it. Relay to the associate that you were told that it was in stock.

Or you could just wait in line on BF. :)

Every single Target in my area has them in stock :) Even with that information, the manager would not verify its existence.

In the end it won't matter. I was talking about it with DH last night and he says he won't waste money on the Westy. I didn't realize the one my son has in his room is a 37" Westy that is only a couple years old and has a lot of problems.

I may take a look at the Super Target this weekend just for giggles. I can do a little pre-BF recon for other people.

I asked at my local Target (Schofield, WI) last night and was told they will not do price adjustments for BF. I have successfully done them there the past couple of years, so I asked why. She said they had gotten notice that their BF ad leaked and now Targets corporate-wide would exclude those 2 days every year from their price adjustment policy. I told her that the ad leaks every year and she said "This is the first we've heard of it." and I told her about other stores saying they will price adjust and she said "Well we won't."

I had a copy of the PA policy I printed online and asked where it said any exclusions for BF (either there or on the store signs) and she said it would probably "be in the ad" and they WON'T do it.

I am asking again when the nice lady I usually talk to is working!!

I am asking again when the nice lady I usually talk to is working!!

If you get the answer you want, I guess you'd better hope the nice lady is working when you go for the PA, LOL!

I had problems a couple of years ago, and I had gotten a copy of the e-mail and had that with me...the girl at GS was a total snot, probably all of 17, and I told her when she was such a brat that corporate said they had to do it...she asked her manager, and he manager basically told her she could do it for me, but then that was it...

I had no issues last year, but it was also a different Target...I will ask again when I go there in the next few days...

Maybe corporate needs to be asked if they will price adjust DOORBUSTERS specifically, since it seems that this is most of what everyone is hoping to have adjusted...

plmarquis, I think when I had to contact them a couple of years ago, I did it through the website, via "contact us" area...had to be, because otherwise, I'd have called, and I wouldn't have had the e-mail for backup as I did...

I just sent an email to Target in regards to the price adjustment for the doorbuster items so hopefully they will respond back soon.......also as I look back at the Target ad I noticed only certain items are in that doorbuster red circle so does anyone know if it is just for that item or everything on that page is a doorbuster?

My goodness, so much variation, it's like their clearance, YMMV...:rolleyes:

I did see (I think it was in the article that Big Jim Slade referenced on the MSN homepage regarding the WM ad being released), where they showed different stores that price MATCH, and Target will not PM, for sure, for that day, because they won't PM specials,or something to that effect...don't know if that was mentioned, so I thought I'd throw that out there, just in case...

Even if you do get someone at the local store to tell you they will PM, I can see problems. If it isn't in writing from the store, if you don't get the same person, if you DO get the same person but they were told differently from when you talked to them. They aren't making it easy.

My gut is that they would do price ADJUSTMENTS but not price MATCHING. I plan on picking stuff up that's available and going in during BF hours for the adjustment. I'm also not looking at major BF items. If they don't price adjust, I'll just return it-- they lose my business. I buy a bunch of stuff then do returns after BF as needed.

My target is pretty good about most stuff in general though, I don't have any problems with coupons or stacking or price adjusting.

Here is Target's official price match/price adjustment policy:

Target's Corporate Price Match/Adjustment Policy.

What is most pertinent is this section: (I bolded the truly pertinent sentence below)

Other price matching exclusions include:

* Online retail promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.

* Competitor's free product, bundled offers, or special purchases

* Gift cards and coupon-required offers

* Sales tax promotions

* Timed events (e.g., early bird, doorbusters)

* Limited time or quantity items

* Damaged product or opened packaging

* Clearance or closeout items

* Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off

* Mail in offers or instant rebates

* Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)

* Going-out-of-business liquidations

* Special financing

* Used or previously owned items

* Display merchandise

* Pricing or typographical errors

* Club or loyalty programs

* Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)

* Mobile coupons

* Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers

Here is Target's official price match/price adjustment policy:

Target's Corporate Price Match/Adjustment Policy.

What is most pertinent is this section: (I bolded the truly pertinent sentence below)

Other price matching exclusions include:

* Online retail promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.

* Competitor's free product, bundled offers, or special purchases

* Gift cards and coupon-required offers

* Sales tax promotions

* Timed events (e.g., early bird, doorbusters)

* Limited time or quantity items

* Damaged product or opened packaging

* Clearance or closeout items

* Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off

* Mail in offers or instant rebates

* Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)

* Going-out-of-business liquidations

* Special financing

* Used or previously owned items

* Display merchandise

* Pricing or typographical errors

* Club or loyalty programs

* Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)

* Mobile coupons

* Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers

Thank you for that information. However, unless I missed it, this policy talks about "Price Matching", not Price Adjusting. To me, those 2 things are completely different. Do you have clarifying information for the adjusting?

Thanks

Thank you for that information. However, unless I missed it, this policy talks about "Price Matching", not Price Adjusting. To me, those 2 things are completely different. Do you have clarifying information for the adjusting?

Thanks

From the Target web page:

http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_1/178-3179678-9444228?ie=UTF8&node=2223356011

Target Stores Price Adjustment Policy

• If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, bring in your original sales receipt to Guest Services for an adjustment.

• Exclusions: Price adjustments are not made for clearance prices or Target.com prices.

----

Short and too the point, I guess...

I asked Customer Service via email and this is the response that I received... I will print it out to take with me, just in case.

Dear Audrey,

It sounds like you have some questions about our price adjustment and Low Price Promise policies. Items in the 2-Day sale ad follow normal guidelines.

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Target purchase. Adjustments can be made with your original receipt. As a reminder, this service isn't available on clearance merchandise.

Advertised prices from any qualifying competitor with a store in your area will be matched. However, we aren't able to match items from membership clubs (like Costco or Sam's Club), discounts that are designated specifically for Loyalty or Club card holders, retailers going out of business, or online retailers.

In order for us to match the price, you'll need to bring in the local competitor’s entire current ad and the price must be valid on the date of your purchase. Additionally, this is for single item purchases and can't be used for buy one get one type offers. We will match prices of identical items but are not able to match percentage off.

Expect More. Pay Less.® Target is committed to providing you with the latest merchandise at the lowest possible price. Be sure to check out the Circular online to stay up-to-date with what's on sale. You can view it by clicking WeeklyAd at www.target.com.

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Audrey, is there any way to pdf the email you received and post it so that others can take it to the targets that are not honoring the price adjustments? It is probably alot to ask, but I figured I would just in case you were up to it! I sent an email to their customer service, but still no response. My target is one of those that is not cooperating. They even told one of my friends last year that she couldn't do it, and yet I did! Unbelievable!!! :(