Silent Night Bars

melt 1 10 oz marshmallows

1/2 c. butter

add 5 cups Rice Krispies

pour half in 9x13 pan

melt 14oz caramels

1 can sweetened condensed milk

8 tablespoons butter

When smooth pour over rice krispie mix in pan, then drop spoons of left rice krispee over and try to spread out with back of buttered spoon...can sprinkle with edible glitter,,,Eat all mistakes

Ultimate Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients

For the crust:

2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting

5 teaspoons sugar

Salt

12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

For the filling and topping:

1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

Salt

3 large eggs, plus 1 egg white

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup heavy cream

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

1/2 cup pecans

1 cup fresh cranberries, or frozen, thawed and drained

1 2.3-ounce package amaretti cookies (about 12)

Directions

Make the crust: Combine the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix in the cold butter with a pastry blender or your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Work in 3 tablespoons ice water until the dough holds together without being too sticky. If it's still crumbly, add more ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time. Form into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

On a floured surface, roll out the dough into an 11- to 12-inch circle with a floured rolling pin. Ease into a 9-inch pie pan; press firmly into the bottom and sides. Trim the excess dough, then pinch the edges. Refrigerate until ready to fill.

Place a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack and preheat to 375. Make the filling: Whisk the pumpkin in a bowl with the butter and a pinch of salt. Whisk in 3 eggs and the sugar.

Stir in the cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Lightly beat the egg white, then brush onto the pastry edges. Carefully place the pie on the preheated baking sheet, lower the oven temperature to 325 and bake until the pie is set but still jiggles slightly, about 50 minutes. Let cool completely.

Meanwhile, make the topping: Toast the pecans on a baking sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes; cool. With a knife or food processor, coarsely chop the pecans, cranberries and cookies; sprinkle over the cooled pie.

Sugar Spice Nuts

1 lb pecans

1 cup sugar

1 egg white

3/4 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp water

Beat the egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Add the pecans and mix well. Try and get all of the pecans coated. Spread the pecans in a single layer onto a baking sheet. (I recommend using disposable baking sheets on top of your normal sheets; this stuff is murder to clean.)

Bake at 200 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove and stir every 15 minutes. When done, stir again, allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a bowl. Don't let them completely harden on the baking sheet or you'll have a rather difficult time getting them off.

Enjoy!

Sugar Spice Nuts

1 lb pecans

1 cup sugar

1 egg white

3/4 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp water

I wonder if this would work with other types of nuts? Almonds?

This sounds like the nuts we get at the fair! I want to make this one for sure. Thanks for posting it!

These are GREAT!!!. The longer they sit the stronger they are. :eyepoppin

Bourbon Balls

2 1/2 cups vanilla wafers crumbled

1 cup confectioners sugar

1 cup broken pecans

1/4 cup light corn syrup

2 TBS. cocoa

1/2 cup Bourbon

additional powdered sugar to roll the balls in.

Sift together cocoa and sugar. Combine bourbon and corn syrup and stir into sugar mixture. Blend in vanilla wafer crumbs and peacans. Roll into 1-inch balls and coat with powdered sugar.Let stand for about a week to blend flavors.

My kids love these on Christmas Morning! You make them the night before and leave them out to rise overnight, then bake them while the kids are opening presents Christmas Morning.

Overnight Caramel Cinamon Rolls

1/4 C Butter

1/2 C Brown Sugar

3/4 Tsp Cinnamon

1 Pkg Butterscotch Cook N Serve Pudding

1 Pkg Frozen bread dough balls

Lightly grease bottom and sides of a bundt cake pan. Place 18-20 frozen bread dough balls in pan (cut back on # of dough balls if pan fills more than half way). Sprinkle entire package of pudding over bread balls. Melt butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in microwave. Drizzle mixture over bread dough balls, over with a clean dish towel and leave on counter overnight. The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for 23-30 minutes. ENJOY!

Brandi

This is my Dad's absolute favorite dessert. My Mom is expected to bring it to Thanksgiving every year!

Butter Pecan Dessert

1 cup saltines, crushed

1 cup graham crackers, crushed

1 stick butter, melted

2 (3.4 oz) pkgs French vanilla instant pudding

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened

1 (8 oz) carton Cool Whip

3 to 4 Heath bars, crushed

In small bowl, combine saltines, graham crackers and butter until moistened. Press into 13 x 9 inch pan with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. In large bowl, mix pudding and milk, add ice cream and mix thoroughly. Pour onto crust and refrigerate until set. After set, spread Cool Whip over the top and sprinkle with crushed up Heath bars.

Also posting my favorite one from my MIL too (this is waaaay better than pumpkin pie in my opinion). Make sure you have Cool Whip to put on top. Not only does this taste delicious but your house will smell excellent while it is baking!

Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 (15 or 16-oz) can pumpkin

4 eggs

1 can Milnot

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1 (18.25-oz) pkg. yellow cake mix

2 sticks butter, melted

1 c. pecans, chopped (optional)

Mix together pumpkin, eggs, Milnot, sugar, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture in pan. Drizzle melted butter over top of cake mix. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Top with Cool Whip before serving.

And an awesome drink I had at a x-mas party last year too:

French Iced Coffee

3 cups strong brewed coffee (she used Hazelnut)

2 cups sugar

1 pint half and half

1 quart milk

2 teaspoons vanilla

Dissolve sugar in hot coffee. Let cool. Mix in rest of ingredients. Pour into quart size freezer bags and freeze. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Serve icy/slushy. Makes 18 to 20 servings.

Straight from the Christmas Cookie Weekend annals...

Anisette Cookies

1/2 pound butter

1 cup sugar

6 eggs

4 cups flour

4 tsp baking powder

2 Tbsp vanilla extract or anisette flavoring

Combine ingredients. Dough will be a nice fluffy texture. If you need instructions, combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, then together.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Drop cookie dough (using tablespoons) onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden and puffed.

Remove immediately from baking sheet and onto cooling rack. Drizzle icing and sprinkles on when completely cooled.

Icing:

Confectionary sugar and lemon juice

(or anisette liquor... or another flavoring of your choosing)

Bon appetite!

We make truffles every year for our family and one of our favorite recipes is the Oreo truffles around posted on page one.

Another favorite is Caramel Truffles

Ingredients

26 caramels

1 cup milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 tablespoon shortening

Directions

1. Line an 8 inch square dish with plastic wrap and set aside.

2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream.

3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.

4. Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.

5. Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

6. Using plastic wrap, lift candy out of pan.

7. Cut into 30 pieces, rolling each piece into a 1 inch ball.

8. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

9. In microwave safe bowl, melt semisweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth.

10. Dip caramels in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.

11. Refrigerate until firm.

For me, instead of step 9 (melting the chocolate chips and shortening) I use white almond bark or chocolate almond bark for all my truffles. And, I even have a wilton candy melter that I use since I make so many.

We usually do 5 or 6 different kind of truffles each year and I end up making about 5 batches of each to ship to family and friends. I personally love the caramel ones best, probably because by the time I get to the finished product I've eaten so many unfinished that I can't stand to try another one and the caramel ones are the only ones I've actually eaten when finished. Frequently, they disappear from my fridge before I can get to dip them (since i make so many at a time, I keep them in the freezer or fridge until I can dip them, and then again until I can ship them) But when they are room temperature they are oh so yummy and addicting!

SEX IN THE PAN

This "sinful" dessert is similar to Chocolate Delight and other layered desserts with pudding and whipped cream.

Prep Time: :20

Cook Time: :25

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

1/2 cup butter or margarine

3/4 cup chopped pecans

1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 tub whipped topping, 32 ounces

1 package (4oz) vanilla instant pudding

1 package (4oz) chocolate instant pudding

3 cups cold milk, divided

1 square semisweet chocolate, shaved, or mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:

Combine flour, butter and pecans and press into a 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.

Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar and spread over pecan mixture. Spread half of the whipped topping over the cream cheese layer.

Mix package of vanilla pudding using 1-1/2 cups of milk. Spoon evenly over the whipped topping; spread until layer is even. Mix package of chocolate pudding using remaining 1-1/2 cups milk. Spread on top of vanilla pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping on top and sprinkle with shaved semisweet chocolate or mini chocolate chips.

Pumpkin Crumb Cake

CRUST: 1 box yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup for top), 1 egg, 1 stick butter - melted

FILLING: 1 lb. can pumpkin pie filling, 3 eggs, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 1/2 t. cinnamon

TOPPING: 1 c. cake mix (reserved), 1/2 c. sugar, 3T butter - melted, 1/2 c. coconut, 1/2 c. chopped nuts

Combine cake mix (less 1 cup), egg and butter for crust. Pat into greased 9 x 13 pan.

Mix filling and pour over crust.

Combine topping and crumble over filling.

Bake 50 - 55 mins. at 350.

Cool completely and cut into squares.

Five Cup Salad

1 cup sour cream

1 cup pineapple tidbits (drained)

1 cup mandrain oranges (drained)

1 cup coconut

1 cup marshmallows

Add all ingredients and refrigerate until set. If you don't like coconut you can leave out. You can also add 1 cup canned cherries (drained). I usually double the recipe.

Here are a few we make every year. Every year we get together and bake from 9 a.m. until approx. 9 p.m. Exhausting but so worth it!

Peppermint Crisps (got this recipe from MIL who had it passed down from her mom)

1/2 cup shortening

2 eggs

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 cup sugar

2 tblsp milk

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

red/white peppermint candy crushed

cream shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately w/ milk. Drop spoonful of dough on cookie sheet and use flat glass dipped in flour to flatten. Sprinkle w/ crushed candy in center. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Remove from cookie sheet right away to prevent sticking. Let cool on cooling rack. Serves approx. 4 dozen (I think a little less though...I think I make them a little big)

tip: this dough needs to be cool otherwise it spreads very thin while baking.

Holiday Oatmeal Cookies (we have made this for about 5 years now I got it from a magazine and tweaked it a bit)

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 large egg

3 cups oats

1 cup semi sweet chips

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup butter (2 sticks)

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup raisins (I use baking raisins)

I add a dash (to taste) of a spice blend that I have from pampered chef. It has cinn. and nutmeg among other ingred. in it. I'm sure they make something similar for the grocery.

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl w/ mixer on medium beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in oats, raisins and chips.

Bake 13-15 minutes til tops are golden. Serves 4 dozen

Funday Sunday (we make this year around don't know where it came from. Probably MIL got it from a mag. a long time ago.)

base/crust

24 oreos finely crushed (2 1/2 cups)

1/4 cup margarine or butter

filling

1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip icecream softened (this can be messy)

topping

2 cups powdered sugar

13 oz evap milk

1 tsp vanilla

6 oz (1 cup) semi sweet choc chips

1/2 cup marg/butter

in bowl combine cookies and melted butter. Mix well and press lightly on bottom of 13X9 ungreased pan

Cut icecream into 1 inch thick slices. Place over crushed cookies. Spread icecream w/ spatula to cover completely. Cover and freeze.

Topping

in medium saucepan combine sugar, chips, milk and margarine. Bring to boil over med/low heat. Cook 8 minutes (exactly) stiring CONSTANTLY. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool 1 hour.

Pour over icecream filling, cover and freeze. Word to the wise might want to use a 9X13 pan with a lid. Foil tends to stick to the fudge topping.

This isn't a sweet but I grew up w/ this and it reminds me of home and makes the house smell so good when making it I think.

Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling (My mom made this and I know her mom and grandma also made it. And yes, we are all from PA).

8 medium Potatos

1/4 cup butter

2 slices white bread

2 tblsp minced parsley

1 med onion

1 cup milk

1 large egg

1 tblsp flour

salt/pepper to taste

Boil potatoes, saute chopped onion in butter until soft and yellow. Drain potatoes and mash using 3/4 cup milk. Mix in onion, butter, bread, flour, egg and parsley. Season w/ salt and pepper. Thin to desired consistency w/ milk. Beat for a minute or two. Put in buttered baking dish. Dot top with butter.

Bake 350 for one hour.

Hope everyone enjoys...now I am hungry! :gdlicklips:

Edited by tlklcox
added

Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake

Crust:

1 1/2 cups purchased chocolate cookie crumbs

1/2 stick (4 Tbsp.) butter, melted

Filling:

3 bricks (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened

1 cup sugar

2 Tbsp. cornstarch

3 large eggs

1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup (6oz) milk-chocolate chips, melted and cooled

1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 cup (6oz) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled

Chocolate Glaze:

3 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate

2 Tbsp. stick butter

1 Tbsp. light corn syrup

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-in. springform pan with nonstick spray. Have ready a roasting pan larger than the springform pan.

2. Crust: Put crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set. Cool on rack. Wrap outside of pan with heavy-duty foil. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.

3. Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping sides of bowl several times with a rubber spatula. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Beat in sour cream and vanilla to combine. Divide batter evenly between 3 medium bowls. Stir melted milk chocolate into 1 bowl; pour into crust in an even layer. Whisk pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into another bowl. Carefully spoon over chocolate layer to cover, then gently smooth into an even layer with an offset spatula. Stir semisweet chocolate into remaining batter. Carefully spoon over pumpkin layer and smooth.

4. Set springform pan in center of roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven rack and add boiling water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.

5. Bake 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours until set, but center jiggles slightly when shaken.

6. Turn oven off (leave door closed); let cake cool in oven 1 hour (if cake hasn't pulled away from sides of pan, carefully run a thin knife around edge of pan to release cake). Remove foil. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

7. Chocolate Glaze: Stir ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.

8. Remove pan sides; place cake on serving plate. Spread glaze over top to edge (some may drip down side of cake). Refrigerate until glaze sets.

Pumpkin Crumb Cake

CRUST: 1 box yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup for top), 1 egg, 1 stick butter - melted

FILLING: 1 lb. can pumpkin pie filling, 3 eggs, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 1/2 t. cinnamon

TOPPING: 1 c. cake mix (reserved), 1/2 c. sugar, 3T butter - melted, 1/2 c. coconut, 1/2 c. chopped nuts

Combine cake mix (less 1 cup), egg and butter for crust. Pat into greased 9 x 13 pan.

Mix filling and pour over crust.

Combine topping and crumble over filling.

Bake 50 - 55 mins. at 350.

Cool completely and cut into squares.

Ooooo....that sounds yummy AND easy!

This is my absolute favorite dessert for any occasion.

Pecan Pie

1/2 cup butter or margarine

3 tablespoons cocoa

3/4 cup hot water

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 small can PET evaporated milk

1 cup pecan halves

1 PET-RITZ deep dish pie crust shell

Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add cocoa and stir until dissolved. Add hot water and stir again. With wire whisk, blend in sugar, flour, salt, extract and evaporated milk. Stir until batter is smooth. Mix in pecans and pour into pie shell. Bake on preheated cookie sheet for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.

These may sound strange, but they're really good:

CHIP CHIP COOKIES

½ cup shortening, butter or margarine

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, well beaten

1 tsp. soda

2 cups flour

2 cups crumbled potato chips

6 oz. butterscotch chips

Cream together shortening & sugars. Blend in eggs. Combine dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325° 12-20 minutes. Makes 6-8 doz.

Raspberry Desert Sauce

2 bags of frozen raspberries

2 cups of sugar (feel free to start off with less and add to your taste)

1/4 cup each of rum and amaretto (can be exchanged for other liquors or omitted altogether)

1 cinnamon stick

Fresh Ground Nutmeg

Raspberries go a very large heavy-bottomed pot with enough water to cover them plus at least one additional inch. Don't worry about over diluting the flavor as the sauce must be reduced. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a rolling simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The raspberries should break apart and bleed out their color juices.

Separate the liquid from the remaining solids using whatever strainers and filters you have. The goal is to have a relatively clear liquid. I use a 3-step process: Large mesh strainer, fine mesh strainer, then a coffee filter.

Return the liquid to a pot and bring back up to a simmer. Add the remaining ingredients and allow to reduce to a light syrup. Check the flavor several times to ensure that it is sweet enough.

You may also add some fresh orange peels during the reduction process to give it some extra zip, but they will cause the syrup to get a little cloudy due to their natural oils.

I use this as a topping for ice cream dishes, fresh fruit...even pancackes and waffles.

My absolute favorite cookie that my mom made all the time. This is where I gain my holiday weight from.

Kolachkies

1 lb Butter, softened

8 oz Cream cheese, softened

3 cups Flour

1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

1 Egg, beaten

2 can Solo filling (apricot, poppy seed, raspberry, almond, etc.)

1. Cream butter and cream cheese together.

2. Add egg, vanilla; then mix in the flour. Cover and chill for a few hours to overnight.

3. Roll out on lightly floured board to 1/4" thickness and cut with round cookie cutters.

4. Place them on a cookie sheet as you would cookies. Use thumb to make indentation in center of each. Fill with about 1 tsp of desired filling. Bake at 350 F until lightly golden, about 10-15 minutes.

These have always been my kids Favorite Christmas Cookies. (When they were little we called them Mrs. Santa Cookies as I told them that when she made them for Santa each year and put them on the window-sill to cool they would get covered in snow... and since they have the powered sugar on the outside it was OUR version of snow... to this day they look forward to having them!) ;)

CHOCOLATE KRINKLES COOKIES

1/2 c. vegetable oil

4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted

2 c. sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

2 c. flour

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/8 tsp. salt

1 c. confectioners' sugar

Mix flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. Mix oil, sugar and chocolate in a large bowl. Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla. Measure flour mixture by dip-level-pour method. Chill several hours or overnight.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into confectioners' sugar. Roll around and shape into a ball. Place about 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 6 dozen.

I love cranberry sauce at the holidays! I haven't made this exact recipe, but many will do the trick.

4 cups fresh cranberries

1 1/2 cups water

5 whole cloves

5 whole allspice berries

3 cinnamon sticks

2 cups white sugar

Place cranberries and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.

Wrap cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag and place in the water with cranberries.

Cook until cranberries begin to burst, about 10 minutes.

Stir in sugar and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Discard spice bag. Chill in the refrigerator 8 hours before serving. :gdlicklips:

we've been making this for the past several years and bake it while opening gifts. i made it once a few months ago and my youngest (24 and still lives at home) scolded me and said it's only for Christmas morning....lol.

Christmas Morning French Toast

1 stick butter, melted

1 cup brown sugar

6 eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cups milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 french baguette, cut in 1-inch slices

cinnamon

combine milk, eggs and vanilla in pitcher, set aside

spread melted butter in bottom of 13x9 pan

evenly sprinkle brown sugar over the butter

sprinkle cinnamon over the brown sugar

layer the baguette slices over the cinnamon

pour the milk mixture over the bread slices

cover and store in fridge overnight....the bread will absorb all the milk mixture overnight.

in the morning, preheat oven to 350* and bake for 45 minutes.

these cookies have become a favorite of my DSIL. he tries to take them home w/him so i have to make abatch just for him!

7-layer cookie bars

layer the following ingredients in the order listed

1 stick butter, melted in 13x9 baking dish

1 cup graham cracker crumbs spread evenly over the butter

1 cup coconut

1 cup semi sweet chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

1 cup chopped walnuts

bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes.

cool, then cut in squares.

These may sound strange, but they're really good:

CHIP CHIP COOKIES

½ cup shortening, butter or margarine

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, well beaten

1 tsp. soda

2 cups flour

2 cups crumbled potato chips

6 oz. butterscotch chips

Cream together shortening & sugars. Blend in eggs. Combine dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325° 12-20 minutes. Makes 6-8 doz.

***I just wanted to clarify is that 1 tsp of BAKING SODA (I would think so being this is cookies but just double checking) Or Soda, like pop ?

Easy AND Good

Rollo Pretzel Cookies

Big Bag of Twisted Pretzels (Such as Rold Gold)

2 bags of Rollo Caramel Candies

Make a single layer of pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Unwrap the rollos (hardest part of this recipe), and place one Rollo on top of each pretzel. Place cookie sheet in a warmed 325 degree oven for just a few minutes - long enough for the Rollos to melt enough that they stick to the pretzel. Allow to cool, and YUM-MY! You cannot eat just one!

Premium Jello Shots Each makes 6-8 5 oz. shots. Just mix together and put into the refrigerator until it sets just like regular Jello.

Margarita Jello Shots

1.5 oz. Lime Jello

1/2 c. boiling water

1/3 c. Tequila

1/4 c. Margarita Mix ( Store bought liquid mix )

~ 26 drops lemon juice

~ 26 drops lime juice

Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots

1.5 oz. Strawberry Jello

1/2 c. boiling water

1/3 c. Rum

1/4 c. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix ( Store bought liquid mix )

Bourbon 7 Jello Shots

1 oz. Lime Jello

1 oz. Lemon Jello

1/2 c. boiling water

1/4 c. Bourbon

1/8 c. lemon juice

1/8 c. lime juice

Crown & Cherry Cola Jello Shots (this one kind of tastes like grape)

1.5 oz. Black Cherry Jello

1/2 c. boiling water

1/6 c. Crown Royal (or other Canadian Whisky)

1/3 c. Pepsi (could use Coke but it tastes better with Pepsi)

Every year for Thanksgiving morning I put in a French Toast Casserole that I've prepared ahead of time for our breakfast. Last year we found out my son has a dairy & egg allergy so it threw that breakfast tradition out the door, until I found this recipe that was SUPER yummy & enjoyed by all...

Egg-Free, Dairy Free French Toast Casserole

serves 8

2 T soy margarine, melted

1 C vanilla flavored soymilk

1/3 C light corn syrup

1 t cinnamon (divided)

1/4 t salt

1/8 C dark molasses

1 16 oz loaf artisan or French bread, cut into 1 in cubes

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Combine melted margarine, vanilla soy milk, corn syrup, 1/2 t cinnamon, salt & molasses in a large bowl. Fold bread into mixture so that it absorbs the liquid evenly. Place in prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil & bake 15 minutes more. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 t cinnamon over the top. Top with syrup, fruit, or powered sugar.

It really was surprisingly good. We look forward to having it again this Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

Niccole :gdflower3: