Post a Recipe & Win GottaDeal.com Black Friday Survival Kits! [Winners Chosen!]

Brad

Stuffed Pumpkin

1 pie pumpkin (with stem attached for "handle")

chopped apples (1-2 cups) (firm variety like Granny Smith or Jonathan)

raisins (1/2 cup approx.)

chopped pecans (1/2 cup approx.) (optional)

brown sugar (1/4 to 1/2 cup approx.)

cinnamon (1 teaspoon approx.)

nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon approx.)

honey (2-3 Tablespoons approx.)

(the amounts vary depending upon the size of the pumpkin)

Cut a lid in the pumpkin like you are going to make a jack-0-lantern. Clean out the seeds and "goop". In a bowl, mix together chopped apples, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. Spoon into hollowed out pumpkin. Replace lid. Bake on a cookie sheet or low baking pan at 350 degrees for one hour. Check to see if pumpkin flesh is cooked all the way through and filling is hot. Baking time varies due to size of pumpkin. When thoroughly cooked, remove lid and serve, scooping out some of the pumpkin with the filling. Serve with whipped cream if desired. I have also cooked the pumpkin in a crock pot, but you have to line the crock pot with foil so that you can use the foil to lift the pumpkin out of the crock pot to serve. You can stuff the pumpkin with anything you like in any proportion you like - I have a friend who likes to add pineapple instead of raisins. I've also used maple syrup instead of the honey. This is a different dessert to take to fall pot lucks or tailgate parties.

We have a special version of Eggnog Coffee that we like to make...

1 part Coffee

1 part Eggnog

1 part rum (more or less to your liking) ;)

Mix together and warm in microwave then stir again and top with Whipped Cream - sprinkle on a little fresh ground nutmeg and snuggle up in front of a warm fire (or in our case a warm TV... as it rarely gets cold enough to light a fire down here.) LOL :rolleyes:

Great thread!! :thumbsup:

I have a Thanksgiving favorite:

Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin puree

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Optional Glaze:

2 cups confectioners' sugar

3 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon melted butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies.

4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies with a fork.

Got these in the oven now... they smell DELICIOUS can't wait to eat them... Thanks for posting... very easy :)

Ok, first of all I think I have to print all 7 previous pages off!!!

Second...I couldn't make up my mind what to enter. So I have a couple:

1. Pumpkin Muffins - Not just for the holidays!

1 tsp baking soda

1/3 cup water

1 cup pumpkin cooked or canned

1/2 cup oil

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup sugar

1 3/4 cups flour sifted (can use 3/4 cup whole wheat & 1 cup white)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

Dissolve baking soda in water. Combine all wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Sift all dry ingredients together and combine with wet ingredients, stirring until completely blended. Fill non-stick sprayed muffin tins half full. Bake at 350 degrees oven until golden brown, about 15 - 20 min. Makes about 18 regular size muffins. For about 60 mini muffins cook for 10 - 12 min.

2. I got this recipe from the "Duggar Family" website, you will love it....it is so good!

ICE CREAM CAKE

24 Ice cream sandwiches

8 oz. Whip topping

1 bottle of chocolate syrup

1 bottle caramel syrup

2 king size butterfingers - crushed (This can be deleted if you have a nut allergy)

Place 12 ice cream sandwiches in bottom of 9 X 13 pan

Spread half of cool whip on top of them

Sprinkle half of butterfingers

Squeeze caramel & chocolate on top

Then repeat:

Use the remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches

The rest of butterfingers

More caramel & chocolate

Eat or freeze

Oh, wait here is another yummmy one. My kids love to have people try it and then tell them what is in it. Because it is so good, and nobody ever guesses made with pumpkin!

Harvest Pumpkin Dip - Really easy!

1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese - softened

3/4 cups canned pumpkin

1 Tablesppon taco seasoning (or more)

1/2 cup chopped dried beef (sold in jar)

1/3 cup chopped green pepper

1/3 cup chopped red pepper

2 Tablesppons finely minced onions

1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)

1/4 cup chopped black olives (optional)

In medium bowl mix mix cream cheese, pumpkin and seasoning until smooth. Add rest of ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be served in a hollowed out round loaf of pumpernickel bread, in a cleaned out pumpkin or a bowl. Serve with bread cubes, crackers vegetables or our favorite corn chips!

YUM! Would you like my address? (I would be more than happy to sample them for you!) ;)

Well... I don't think the three boys here (ages 12, 12, 13) and hubby are gonna let them out the door... I am not sure they will make it through the night... I will tell ya they are easy and delicious... will be making them again.... soon is what I hear through my little grapevine... lol

I thank the original poster of this... kellane26

Pumpkin Mousse

16 oz can pumpkin

1 box 4 servings vanilla instant pudding

1/4 tsp (+ for garnish if desired) cinammon & nutmeg

1/4 cup milk (half and half makes it richer!)

Mix above ingredients thoroughly. Fold in whipped cream (cool whip). Place in serving dishes and garnish with nuts and if deired, whipped cream (cool whip), cinnamon, and nutmeg. Chill until ready to serve (minimum 1 hour).

2 cups (+ for garnish if desired) whipped cream (cool whip will work)

1/8 cup finely chopped walnuts

I am the cook of the family so I do most of the cooking for our big family holiday meals. I was having difficultly deciding on just which recipe to post. I try something new ever year but we have the ole standards too. I asked the kids what was their favorite and they could not decide on just one either so I am going to post our top 3 favorites:) Hope everyone enjoys.

NOTE: I cook all the time so I have learned to measure by sight, I never measure unless I making something for the first time....sorry some recipes might not have measurements.

1) Snicker Salad:

Super easy and quick and everyone with a sweet tooth loves it. :D

5-6 apples, cored and cubed (green apples makes the salad have the best flavor)

1 lg. container Cool Whip

3-4 SNICKERS candy bars, cut into sm. pieces

Mix all the ing. in bowl and chill....serve cold.

To make it your own you can add things like peanuts, walnuts, or flavored Cool Whip (like french vanilla or chocolate).

2)Sausage Dressing

The sausage makes the dressing a meal in it's own...if you have access to deer meat then deer sausage is the best.

1 lb. sausage

2 med. onions, diced

4 stalks celery, diced

1 package of cornbread stuffing mix (I think the cube stuffing is the best)

chicken broth

Salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste

Stick butter

Brown and drain the sausage with the onions and celery. Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions (using the chicken broth to replace some of the water, if not all) and seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic salt.

Stir sausage mixture into stuffing mix until well mixed. Place mixture into Pyrex dish.

This can be made ahead and chilled in the refrigerator over night. Right before it is time to put the food on the table place some butter pats on top, a little chicken broth poured over the top and a little garlic salt and warm up in the oven until butter melts and browns the top. YUMMY :)

3)Deviled Eggs (with a little kick)

Dozen hard boiled eggs

Couple spoon fulls of mayo

A dash of mustard

Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste

Dash or 2 of jalapeno juice

Milk

Paprika

Peel and rinse cooled eggs, slice each egg in half length wise. Remove yolk and place in bowl. Line egg whites on plates or platters. Using a fork or potato masher,smash the yolk until almost a fine powder consistency. In the bowl with the yolks add the mayo, mustard, seasonings, jalapeno juice and mix until it is a thick paste consistency. Add a little milk and mix, if it is not a thick liquid mixture add a little more milk until you do have a thick liquid mixture. At this point I will taste it to see if it needs a bit more mayo, seasoning or juice.

When you are happy with the consistency and taste, fill a large Ziploc baggie with the yolk mixture and cut one corner off. Squeeze the yolk mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle paprika on top.

Trust me these will not last...make sure you make enough. I usually make 3 dozen for Thanksgiving and Christmas for a family of 22 and they are all gone before everyone is done eating :D

Hope everyone enjoys all the recipes and everyone has a fulfilling and fun Black Friday :)

A friend sent this a few years back and I recycle every year

Jack Daniels Christmas Cookie Recipe

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water lemon juice

1 tsp baking soda 4 large eggs

1 cup of sugar 1 cup nuts

1 tsp salt 2 cups of dried fruit

1 cup of brown sugar

1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer....Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another cup...Just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Jack Daniel's > ;> to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jack Daniel's. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. ; Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Dack Daniel's and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS %+\

A twist on the Chicken Casserole recipe. This is my nieces recipe.

3 to 4 chicken breasts

2 cans creme of chicken soup

1 can swanson's chicken broth

1 small bag pepperidge farm stuffing ( cornbread )

Boil chicken

Mix soup together

layer stuffing, chicken, soup

end with a layer of stuffing on top

Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 min.

Dessert

Fat Man's Delight (lol)

1 8 oz. Cream Cheese

1 Cup powdered sugar

1 Cup Pecans

1 Cup cool -whip

Mix all together and pour into 2 graham cracker crust

2 chocolate pudding mixes

1 Vanilla pudding mix.

Mix together according to directions. Pour into crust. Top with Cool - whip and freeze.

Love this because it makes 2. So if you have 2 places to take something for christmas you have it covered. You can leave it frozen until you need it.

This is my favorite dessert that I make every year for the holiday celebrations.....Yummy Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup milk 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed 2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts

Directions

Beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.

Spoon into two 9 inch graham cracker pie shells; cover, and freeze until firm.

Spiced apple rings

Ingredients:

2 apples

1/2 cup Vinegar

1 1/2 Cup water

1 cup Sugar

1 cinnamon stick

1 vanilla bean split

10 whole cloves

1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon

Simmer the water, vinegar, and spices together for 10 minutes at a boil to develop a syrup

Core and slice the apples and lay into a non reactive bowl

Add the syrup to the apples. If you need to, top with water to cover the apples.

This is a nice break from super sweet stuff.

A friend sent this a few years back and I recycle every year

Jack Daniels Christmas Cookie Recipe

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water lemon juice

1 tsp baking soda 4 large eggs

1 cup of sugar 1 cup nuts

1 tsp salt 2 cups of dried fruit

1 cup of brown sugar

1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer....Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another cup...Just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Jack Daniel's > ;> to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jack Daniel's. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. ; Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Dack Daniel's and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS %+\

ROFLMAO! :gdcheers:

Popcorn Christmas Tree: Here's a really fun activity that even the very smallest can take part in. If not eaten right away, you need to put them in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap.

Ingredients:

12 cups Popped popcorn

1/2 cup Margarine or butter

3 cups Miniature marshmallows

1/2 package Lime flavored jello

Green food color

Candy pieces to decorate tree

Directions:

Spread popcorn evenly in jelly-roll pan or on waxed paper-lined counter.

In medium saucepan, combine margarine and marshmallows; cook over medium heat until melted. Add jello; continue to cook until jello is dissolved. Add food color and mix well.

Pour evenly over popcorn; stir quickly to coat.

With dampened hands, shape popcorn into cone shape. Decorate tree with candy pieces.

This is one of my favorites!! It looks so nice and is much easier to make than you would think. One down side, if you do have leftovers the cookies get soggy after sitting in the fridge. But you can take them off and use fresh ones when reserving.

Elegant Eggnog Dessert Recipe

1 can (13-1/2 ounces) Pirouette cookies

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup butter, melted

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened

2 cups cold eggnog

2 cups cold milk

2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix

1/2 teaspoon rum extract

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup heavy whipping cream

Cut each cookie into 2 2-1/2-in. sections; set aside. Crush remaining 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, milk, pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg until smooth. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved cookies around dessert and press gently into sides. Refrigerate leftovers.

post-171856-137262189569_thumb.jpg

Edited by desertgirl351
Dumb computer......

Bows & Ties

3 cups of flour

8 egg yolks

1 1/2 pt of sour cream

1 Tbsp rum

Mix egg yolks, sour cream, and rum, add flour. Mix like pie dough. Do not beat. Roll thin and cut in 3 inch strips. Split center, will look like a ribbon. Twist in half to form a bow. Fry in deephot crisco until brown or until they raise to the top. Powdered sugar may be used as a coating.

(Family Receipe)

1 c. shortening

2 c. brown sugar, packed

1 egg, well beaten

1 c. molasses (or 1/2 honey and 1/2 molasses)

4 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. soda

2 tsp. ginger

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. lemon extract (optional)

Cream shortening, gradually adding brown sugar. Blend in egg and molasses. Beat until light and fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients and gradually blend into creamed mixture. (Dough should be soft but not sticky or tops won't crackle.) Add vanilla and lemon extracts.

Chill until well-handled with flour. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Don't over bake or centers won't stay chewy.

I make at least 3 batches a year and we always run out of it.....People Puppy Chow.

1 box rice chex

1 bag semi sweet or milk chocolate chocolate chips (whichever you prefer)

1 cup peanut butter, smooth

1 small bag powdered sugar

Using your biggest non-stick pot, melt the choc. chips and pb. Once melted slowly turn the rice chex into the mixture until all of the cereal is coated.

In a separtate container (you can use a paper bag, an old ice cream bucket, but I prefer my big lock n lock container), line the bottom with powdered sugar, place about 1/2 of the cereal mixture on top of the powdered sugar and then add about another cup of powdered sugar to the top. Shake shake shake. Add the rest of your cereal mixture and some more powdered sugar. Shake shake shake. Pour out onto covered surface to cool. Store in air tight container or baggie.

My son really loves making this recipe, it's fun and it's easy!

As soon as I seen this recipe I remembered these from when I was younger, my aunt would make them and have them out at Christmas Dinner. So of course I had to make some lol Me and my mom made 2 big batches the other and it was DELICIOUS, my nephew couldn't quit eating them and it is seriously the easiest thing ever to make.

Thanks so much for posting this recipe :)

This recipe goes well with all dishes.

Broccoli Salad

1 1/2 or 2 bunches of fresh broccoli

1 cup raisins

1 medium red onion diced

1 cup sunflower seeds (6 oz.)

12 slices bacon 5 oz. cashews

Wash, drain, trim stems and chop broccoli. Fry bacon crisp and crumble. Mix in raisins, onion, sunflower seeds and cashews. Add dressing and stir.

Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sugar

2 Tbs. vinegar

I am the cook of the family so I do most of the cooking for our big family holiday meals. I was having difficultly deciding on just which recipe to post. I try something new ever year but we have the ole standards too. I asked the kids what was their favorite and they could not decide on just one either so I am going to post our top 3 favorites:) Hope everyone enjoys.

NOTE: I cook all the time so I have learned to measure by sight, I never measure unless I making something for the first time....sorry some recipes might not have measurements.

1) Snicker Salad:

Super easy and quick and everyone with a sweet tooth loves it. :D

5-6 apples, cored and cubed (green apples makes the salad have the best flavor)

1 lg. container Cool Whip

3-4 SNICKERS candy bars, cut into sm. pieces

Mix all the ing. in bowl and chill....serve cold.

To make it your own you can add things like peanuts, walnuts, or flavored Cool Whip (like french vanilla or chocolate).

I think this snickers salad is going to be a hit! Cant wait to make it

my other favorite, but easy snack to make (I'm very kid oriented) is Christmas Wreaths

make rice cereal treats, but instead of using rice cereal, you use a flake cereal

6 cups cereal

1 bag marshmallows

1 stick butter

combine in pot on stove until marshmallows and butter have melted and coated all the cereal

I like to add green food coloring to make the cereal look like leaves

put on food service gloves and form 'wreaths' out of cereal and place on wax paper

before they dry, add a few cinnamon red hots for holly berries

eat and enjoy!

Triple-Nut Toffee:

(FYI...this is a great gift if made and placed in a decorated basket or holiday tin, for all those who love chocolate and nuts. Also a great year around gift for a sick friend or a tea party, etc.) ENJOY!:gdlicklips:

Prep Time: 40 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min Makes: 3 dozen pieces

INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup slivered almonds

1/3 cup cashew halves and pieces

1/2 packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spread nuts in pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Pour into small bowl; set aside. Set aside pan with foil to use in step 3.

2. Meanwhile, in heavy 2-quart saucepan, cook sugars, butter and water over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a hard brittle strand.

3. Stir in 1/2 cup of the nuts; immediately pour toffee into same foil-lined pan. Quickly spread mixture to 1/4-inch thickness with rubber spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand about 1 minute or until chips are completely softened. Spread softened chocolate evenly over toffee. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.

4. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container.

I make these all the time...they are very sweet, but they are my favorite!!

Nutty Cheese Bars

Base:

1 cup butter, melted

1 pkg Duncan Hines Butter Golden Recipe Cake mix

3/4 c chopped walnuts or pecans

Topping:

2-8 oz pkg of cream cheese, softened

3/4 c light brown sugar

3/4 c chopped walnuts or pecans

For the base, mix butter, cake mix, and nuts together, and press into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Combine cream cheese and brown sugar and mix until smooth. Spread over base and sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are browned. Cool completely and cut into pieces. (These taste best after being chilled, since the base will harden...if you eat them too soon out of the oven, they are sicky sweet)...refrigerate leftovers...

SOOOOOOOOOO yummy!!

Fluffy Pumpkin Pie

1/2 c. cold milk

1 pkg vanilla instant pudding

1 small container cool whip

1 c. canned pumpkin

1 t. pumpkin pie spice

1 ready made graham cracker crust

Whisk together the milk, pumpkin pie spice and pudding until thoroughly mixed. Whisk in pumpkin and then add coolwhip and mix well. Put in crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refigerate any unused portions.

oops...running out of time and I almost forgot to post...so here goes! I'm not a pumpkin pie fan but I love pecan pie and this one seems to please people from both camps.

PUMPKIN LAYER

1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell

1 cup Pumpkin pie filling

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

PECAN LAYER

2/3 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

3 tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup pecan halves

conversion calculator

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

FOR PUMPKIN LAYER:

COMBINE pumpkin, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl; stir well. Spread over bottom of pie shell.

FOR PECAN LAYER:

COMBINE corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla extract in same bowl; stir in nuts. Spoon over pumpkin layer.

BAKE for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.