Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I have been to all 3 Targets within driving distance over the past two days. The two Targets in Winchester Va when I went the other day didn't have much left at 75%. I did buy a ton of the reed diffusers, the pop up bbq sets, the coffee mugs that plug into the car lighters and tons of that type of stuff. Then I went to the one in Martinsburg WV last night and got two of the 3 foot trees (for my kids rooms) let them pick out tons of ornaments. And that particular store had a bunch of the stocking stuffer type things left, so I loaded up on them. I now have 5 lawn and garden garbage bags full of stuff to go into the attic for next xmas lol. They had all the toys consolidated into aisles at 30% off, and there were tons of toys. I will look at 50% off, but hope to get good deals at 90%.

As far as Price Adjusting - here's what I discovered (at my local Target anyway), if it is listed as a "Seasonal" item, they will not do any sort of price adjustment, and even if you bought it at full price within the 90 (or whatever) day period, they will only give you back the current sale price value! I was pretty miffed at this, when I had bought several packs of blanket sleepers for my twins at 50% off, and then they went 75% off the next day (or it may have been two days - can't remember). This was last year. I really put up a stink about it also, but the manager wouldn't budge!!:mad:

I think that is their official policy, but compliance varies by store, and possibly by state (some posters have said there are states where it is actually illegal for them to not give you your full price paid back). Here I have never had a problem getting the price I paid back as long as I have my receipt, even for seasonal stuff that has since been marked lower. However, I would never count on it or make too much of a stink since I know their "official" policy. I totally understand you making a stink in that situation though, and it's too bad they didn't do it for you one time as a good will situation.

We have 3 ailses of toys that are all marked 50% off so I am guessing that they will go 75% on Thurs 14th. I dont know about anyones elses store but all the stuff on clearance just seems like crap. The last few years I have gotton some FAB toys for my kids but I just dont see anything that I would go crazy over like I have done in past years :( .... maybe its just my kids have so much of everything there is nothing else left to get , lol ;)

We have 3 ailses of toys that are all marked 50% off so I am guessing that they will go 75% on Thurs 14th. I dont know about anyones elses store but all the stuff on clearance just seems like crap. The last few years I have gotton some FAB toys for my kids but I just dont see anything that I would go crazy over like I have done in past years :( .... maybe its just my kids have so much of everything there is nothing else left to get , lol ;)

Yeah, they really did cut their ordering substantially this year so that they would not get stuck with a lot of stuff that they had to clearance. At Comic Con (yes, toy collecting nerd in the forum) in July the Hasbro rep said that if you wanted the exclusives this year that you should buy when you first saw them because the retailers orders were much, much slimmer. So, what IS left just isn't as plentiful or good stuff. It is a bummer, but I can see their side of it too.

missed out last year but am hoping to get the Fisher Price Smartcycle & the software for it. would love 75% but I know that's not going to happen (how I missed out last year). I'll settle for 50%. My store doesn't have it even though the scanner says there is 1, but I found another store that does have 2. Please help me watch this!!!!

Just got back from Target and I saw 5 people with a full cart of toys and another lady with 2 carts packed full. It about gave me a heart attack thinking they had gone to 75% off out of nowhere but what they had done is mark down all the clearance that was 30% off to 50% and people were buying it up like crazy. I was there on Thursday around 5pm and it was all still 30% off so they must of marked it all down on Friday or this morning which I have never seen them do. I had to run over to another Target to check if they went 50% too and they had done it as well. This is nothing like the last couple of years at all, most of the time all but a few go from 30% to 75% which is great because there is tons to choose from. I knew this year was going to be a bit slim because they were managing inventory better and trying to not clearance as much but I really expected them to stick to the 30% to 75% schedule. I ended up having to buy Let's Go Thomas and the Imaginex Sub at 50% off because they only had one of each left in the 4 stores I had looked at. I don't think we are going to have the big toy clearance we are all used to having in the past not only because of the selection is smaller but the markdown schedule is different too. Maybe that's just my market but this seems like a more traditional every 2 week markdown and not the madhouse fun of before.

IDK when toys will go but I'm gonna be there at opening on the 7th, 14th, and every Thursday after until all the toys are 75%! When I went at opening on the 31st for Christmas clearance there were like 7 or 8 people there to check toys! Last year I was the only one. I'm sad that others are catching on, and am hoping that they give up!!

Just got back from Target and I saw 5 people with a full cart of toys and another lady with 2 carts packed full. It about gave me a heart attack thinking they had gone to 75% off out of nowhere but what they had done is mark down all the clearance that was 30% off to 50% and people were buying it up like crazy. I was there on Thursday around 5pm and it was all still 30% off so they must of marked it all down on Friday or this morning which I have never seen them do. I had to run over to another Target to check if they went 50% too and they had done it as well. This is nothing like the last couple of years at all, most of the time all but a few go from 30% to 75% which is great because there is tons to choose from. I knew this year was going to be a bit slim because they were managing inventory better and trying to not clearance as much but I really expected them to stick to the 30% to 75% schedule. I ended up having to buy Let's Go Thomas and the Imaginex Sub at 50% off because they only had one of each left in the 4 stores I had looked at. I don't think we are going to have the big toy clearance we are all used to having in the past not only because of the selection is smaller but the markdown schedule is different too. Maybe that's just my market but this seems like a more traditional every 2 week markdown and not the madhouse fun of before.

Interesting. We have one store where they marked tons of toys to 50% BEFORE CHRISTMAS and they are still there. That store has a ton of Legos at 30% and those were also marked before Christmas. Our other store still has most at 30% and marked a few more to 50% Friday morning. There are always a few stores that go through all the steps before they go 75%, sorry yours is one of them!

I'll proabably go check here in PA for 90% off, but if it is following the 2007 schedule someone posted earlier, it may not be til Mon. or Tues.

I only went to Walmart today, and got 75% off giftwrap (rolls were $0.25-$0.75/ea.).

Hope I didn't miss any good toys at Target if they went 50% off today -- but I may still hold out for 75% off on the large truck/car carrier (Target holiday toy selection). The Exton, PA Target had tons of them left. Anyway, I'll check tomorrow....

Oh, FYI - my dd added the Texas flag icon, (she didn't like that I did not have an icon). I am a displaced Texan, living in PA. (Sorry to Pennsylvanians - I'll ALWAYS be a Texan, no matter where I go.)

Interesting. We have one store where they marked tons of toys to 50% BEFORE CHRISTMAS and they are still there. That store has a ton of Legos at 30% and those were also marked before Christmas. Our other store still has most at 30% and marked a few more to 50% Friday morning. There are always a few stores that go through all the steps before they go 75%, sorry yours is one of them!

It's weird because this is my 3rd year following the Toy sale and this is the first time my stores have done this. Bummer for me I guess! Hope others don't have this happen too.

It's weird because this is my 3rd year following the Toy sale and this is the first time my stores have done this. Bummer for me I guess! Hope others don't have this happen too.

Me too! I HATE it when they change things and become less predictable. Predictability is one of the things I like most about Target clearance. If it gets too weird, I just lose interest and stop going. I never bother with Walmart anymore. It doesn't increase my regular price sales, either, like they might hope. Just means I spend less because I am in the store less often.

Just got back from Target. Got great baby/toddler toys as 50% off - Fisher Price Toddler push cart, VTech Driver Cart toy, forget the names, excuse this grandma - but great bargains, they were going fast.

The IMPORTANT stuff: I saw the T-Rex Spike at 24.50 - there were about 6 of them at the Target in Houston, Tx on SW Freeway at HW6. If you are looking, might try there. I am going to the Target at Richmond/Rosenberg Brazon Crossing tomorrow. Will post if I find there.

Just got back from Target. Got great baby/toddler toys as 50% off - Fisher Price Toddler push cart, VTech Driver Cart toy, forget the names, excuse this grandma - but great bargains, they were going fast.

The IMPORTANT stuff: I saw the T-Rex Spike at 24.50 - there were about 6 of them at the Target in Houston, Tx on SW Freeway at HW6. If you are looking, might try there. I am going to the Target at Richmond/Rosenberg Brazon Crossing tomorrow. Will post if I find there.

Wow! I haven't been after one, but isn't that less than 75% off?

wow, i have been looking for spike and i seen him the other day at wal-mart for 59 and didnt grab him and now they are sold out.....ughhh!! i will try target tomorrow! if anyone sees him again for that cheap i will happily pay you through paypal and pay shipping and all that good stuff..thanks you in advance guys!!!

My local Goodwill also sells a lot of new in the box Target items - from makeup to diapers to vacuum bags, clothes, etc - whatever is clearance and then salvaged. Go to Goodwill on a 50% day and they will be 50% off whatever the price is marked! Great deals! The only items my Goodwill does not count as 50% off are new goods which have an orange sticker and that never includes the Target stuff!

What day does Goodwill have their 50% off?

Just got back from Target and the Christmas items were 75% off. The boxed ornaments that were regularly $6 came down to $1.50 each and the ones that were $7.99 went down to $1.99 each so I got enough for next year. The toys were also on sale, some were marked down more than others but they were all mixed so you couldn't really tell unless you scanned them or they were marked. I was able to find the Trio basic airplane set, the small box which scanned at $1.24 and were unmarked. Some of them scanned at $5.49 so you have to check them yourself to make sure you grab the ones on sale. Hope this helps.

Went to Target tonight. Mine was 75% off. Had more than I thought they would.

###Got a bunch of earrings (3pk) for 1.74

###boxed cards for 1.74 \###Got some really pretty Fabric trees for 1.24

###gift bags for .37

###a penguin and santa metal decor for 2.74

###Candy for .74

They had more than I expected. Went up there and hid a bunch of stuff at 50% off but I guess they found it...lol gotta try though!

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

missed out last year but am hoping to get the Fisher Price Smartcycle & the software for it. would love 75% but I know that's not going to happen (how I missed out last year). I'll settle for 50%. My store doesn't have it even though the scanner says there is 1, but I found another store that does have 2. Please help me watch this!!!!

Is the smartcycle software marked clearance? I haven't had a chance to check yet.

Is the smartcycle software marked clearance? I haven't had a chance to check yet.

Never seen the smart cycle games on clearence at Target. Did find a Dora game at Walmart for $11.00 last year. The smart cycles are at 50% here & we have 4 left in one store & havent seen any in the other 5 stores.

wow, i have been looking for spike and i seen him the other day at wal-mart for 59 and didnt grab him and now they are sold out.....ughhh!! i will try target tomorrow! if anyone sees him again for that cheap i will happily pay you through paypal and pay shipping and all that good stuff..thanks you in advance guys!!!

All of our Walmarts are sold out of him too. The only Target I've seen him at....he was the only one left and was only at 30% off..

So...me too!!!!

If anyone finds him for around 50-60 bucks, I will gladly buy him off of you as well!

some of the games. I know I saw Hot Wheels and at least 3 other titles.

Just an fyi, if you have the dcpi, customer service can look up (and print out) a list of stores that the computer says has the item in stock. Not always accurate but at least a place to start. They did this for me when I was looking for a wall picture and had the dcpi.

Christmas still 75% today (i went out in a snow storm for nothing!) but I did find 2 packages of the christmas playdoh in the toy section, so I bought one of those. (and now the associates are really looking at me like I'm some target stalker.. who would of thought:tongue1:)

The smart cycle stuff was 30-50% off at my store, they had the games: Cars, hotwheels, and maybe 6 other ones. Hope this helps someone!:smart:

I'm headed out to Target to see if they have gone to 90% or not yet, also going to check out Walmart. Will report back. Our local Walmart is good about clearancing toys quick, often times on weekends doing 50% off lowest price clearance. It's hit or miss on what department but worth a stop if it's toys! Got a ton of great deal last year there, will keep an eye out for a Spike! Last year I found a couple of extras there and offered up on here for the $32 price plus shipping.

Anybody seeing anything in Baby being clearanced? Our shelves look bare but I never saw anything more then 15% off. Wondering if it's still to come or they have next to nothing to clearance this year.