Is this anyone else's experience?

musicalkarasel

I'm not a big fan of Kohl's (Orange CT). As mentioned above, the prices seem to change daily, credit card customers get much better treatment, and there are LONG lines (not just on BF!) The only thing I really buy there are clothes for DS3, and only when my mother has the Kohl's cash AND they have a good sale. Otherwise, thumbs down.

I don't have a Kohls card but was thinking of getting one, should I wait until that morning and go through Customer Service to apply and then check out back there? Will it get me a bigger discount?

You get an extra % off the day that you open your account, not sure if it's 10% or 15%. You can also go in a couple weeks ahead of time and give them your email address and they will email you a $5 off coupon, but you can only do that once per email address.

I've been enjoying the brand new Kohl's near me - I keep getting 10.00 coupons (got two in the mail, got one in the store, and one was on the newspaper on Sunday) and I still haven't signed up for a card, and I'm going to resist for as long as possible.

But it's only good if I have the 10.00 coupons, otherwise it's not really worth my while.

My mom is tax exempt (dad is a disabled veteran) so we have to check out at the customer service section. It's a snap. If you don't want to partner shop, just have something that you want to take back so that you can check out in the back. ;)

My husband is a disabled vet also and I've never heard of a tax exemption. Can you explain how your Mom is eligible for this and possibly where you would get it? We are in Texas, if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

My husband is a disabled vet also and I've never heard of a tax exemption. Can you explain how your Mom is eligible for this and possibly where you would get it? We are in Texas, if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

She's probably in Massachusettes, where disabled vets are exempt from sales taxes.

The last time I bought Christmas gifts from Kohls, I found out after the fact that they refund the lowest sales price to the giftee, even with a gift receipt. Is this still going on? I can't understand how this is fair or even legal. I stopped buying gifts from them two or three years ago when I found out, so I haven't bother to ask them.

That happened to me. I received a gift from my dad, a George Foreman, and I wanted to exchange it for one that was about $50 cheaper with the features I wanted. They wouldn't let me. So I asked to return it and the price they told me was like $50 when full price is $249. I was not happy, I guess he must have gotten it for $50? Maybe he used Kohl's cash? I didn't ask cause I didn't want to tell him I tried to exchange his gift.

Plus, 2 years ago when I went BF shopping there, the one main item I wanted, they didn't have any to begin with! So I stood in line for hours with the couple of other things on my list and when I went to KMart after Kohl's, they had one of the things I bought for half the price I paid. I might still go there this year though cause i love BF shopping so much and it opens the earliest where I go (besides Meijer and Walmart who are open 24hrs).

I love Kohl's and get there when they open. The line is really long but does move fast. The part I don't like is that they don't have enough carts so my arms end up hurting all day from holding the stuff so long.

Don't like many store credit cards but do love my Kohl's and use if often.

I work for Walmart but go to Kohl's religiously. Their sales (especially end of season) are fantastic. I purchased a Chaps jacket in March 2009 for under $30 after using my Kohl's card and a 30% off coupon. I saw the same jacket last month for $250 in Kohl's.

I purchase 90% of my clothing there in addition to seasonal items (Halloween and Christmas). If you're a cardholder and can wait for their monthly 30% off coupons the deals can't be beat!!!

I work for Walmart but go to Kohl's religiously. Their sales (especially end of season) are fantastic. I purchased a Chaps jacket in March 2009 for under $30 after using my Kohl's card and a 30% off coupon. I saw the same jacket last month for $250 in Kohl's.

I purchase 90% of my clothing there in addition to seasonal items (Halloween and Christmas). If you're a cardholder and can wait for their monthly 30% off coupons the deals can't be beat!!!

I totally agree! I feel like I'm a walking ad for Kohl's, since most everything I wear or my kids wear, comes from there...

I always go the night before. they are open until 11 the night before here in Kansas and I got at about 10:45.

no door busters but the cheaper stuff like two pillows for 4.99

It has worked two years in a row because new prices were up. Does anyone know if this is the policy to allow the cheaper price if the sign is up? all the sign at bottom always say begins Friday 11/xx... but it has worked twice!

Kohl's is usually very good about giving customers the price that the sign says it is. If you go to the register and see a pair of pants you bought is ringing up more than the sign said it was and you let the POS person know the sign said it was $xx.xx instead of what it rang up as, most of the time they will adjust it on the spot, unless its a big difference in what you claim as what it rings up as.

Kohls does flip their BF ad signs on the WEDNESDAY night before thanksgiving (they are closed on thanksgiving). I would suggest going in 30 minutes - 1 hour before the store closes, if you want the BF sale price for "non-doorbuster" items like clothing, pillows, candle/china collections and such. The BF signs will be up that night, so if you dont want to wait in the lines to buy clothes or anything that wont be gone when you get there (like GPS/digital camera or hot small electric items that sellout quickly) then going that night is a good option.

I don't have a Kohls card but was thinking of getting one, should I wait until that morning and go through Customer Service to apply and then check out back there? Will it get me a bigger discount?

They have a 10% and 15% kohls charge promotions. (the 10% is the normal, and it changes to 15% for a couple weeks quite regularly.)

If you dont have a charge, and you plan to shop at kohls on BF, I would open one on BF, as you save x% (10 or 15, depending which it will be on BF) on all your purchases the day you open your charge. They will also probably give kohls cash like they did last year, so when your total rings up, you'll get kohls cash on the total before the %off discount, so if your %off takes you just under a $50 increment, you'll still get the KC.

That happened to me. I received a gift from my dad, a George Foreman, and I wanted to exchange it for one that was about $50 cheaper with the features I wanted. They wouldn't let me. So I asked to return it and the price they told me was like $50 when full price is $249. I was not happy, I guess he must have gotten it for $50? Maybe he used Kohl's cash? I didn't ask cause I didn't want to tell him I tried to exchange his gift.

I wouldn't have known that they do that if I didn't try to return something I bought for someone and could only find the gift receipt. I knew exactly how much I paid for it, but I bought it at a Kohls near my house and the Kohls I tried to return it to was on the way to my in-laws. I didn't know if that was just that one store's policy or all of Kohls. I would be furious if a family member spent $249 and then the store would only give $50 with a receipt. I hope that their policy has changed since then. I should ask because my niece needs clothes for Christmas and I will not buy from Kohls if they are still doing this.

well, if you have no receipt they will only give you a return amount for the lowest price the item has been on sale that season I believe. They dont give you back the retail price of the item, that would be obsurd as people would buy things on sale and go return it and expect the full retail back.

Kohls is probably more return-friendly than most places. If you have a receipt (gift or regular) they will either credit a kohls charge if it was used to purchase it, or give you a gift card with the return amount on it.

It sounds like you tried returning a grill with no receipt though.

I think that most places have a return policy where any item without a reciept is valued at whatever the most recent sale price was. It may not seem fair if you know you paid more - however, it is reasonable from the stores standpoint - otherwise folks would take advantage.

I am surprised to hear that is the case with a gift receipt = the purpose of which is to record what was spent on the item - I looked at the return policy for Kohls that notes with a gift receipt you get a credit for the merchandise (different wording than the w/o receipt).

There is note that if Kohls cash was used then you don't get that value back - which may explain the difference in what was refunded to you

I may call to get clarification from Kohls corporate... if I get an update I will post...

The Kohls website notes the following -

Without a receipt you may be given*: • An even exchange.

• A Kohl's Merchandise Credit, good for the return value of the item. Offered at any Kohl's.

• A credit to your Kohl's Charge Card, if your items were purchased on your Kohl's Charge.

• A corporate-issued refund.

Back to Department Store Purchases

With a receipt you may be given*: • A cash or credit refund, based on the original method of payment.

• An even exchange.

• A Kohl's Merchandise Credit, good at any Kohl's.

Back to Department Store Purchases

With a Kohl's Gift Receipt, you may be given*:• A Kohl's Merchandise Credit.

• An even exchange.

* Purchases that earn Kohl's Cash Coupons or purchases in which Kohl's Cash Coupons were tendered may result in an adjusted refund amount and/or decreased coupon value.

I wouldn't have known that they do that if I didn't try to return something I bought for someone and could only find the gift receipt. I knew exactly how much I paid for it, but I bought it at a Kohls near my house and the Kohls I tried to return it to was on the way to my in-laws. I didn't know if that was just that one store's policy or all of Kohls. I would be furious if a family member spent $249 and then the store would only give $50 with a receipt. I hope that their policy has changed since then. I should ask because my niece needs clothes for Christmas and I will not buy from Kohls if they are still doing this.

The person you were responding to never said that they had a gift receipt. And how do we know that the person who gave them the gift didn't pay $50 because it was on clearance?

How much less did they try to give you with your gift receipt? Did you get Kohls Cash with the order? They will deduct that from the return in some cases (there are a whole separate list of rules for KC). Their registers handle the returns, it is not a matte of individual store policy.

The last 2 years at Kohls the lines were so long on BF that I went to the Jewelry counter and bought a small item for my DD and they rang up all my purchases! waited about 10 minutes. Mafe it thru the line and to all other stores with time to spare! Some other people weren't happy especially one lady who was really mad at me but I was buying jewelry! LOL

Laura

The only thing I buy from Kohl's is their clearance rack clothes, otherwise their stuff is way overpriced.

Some of their stuff is way overpriced, but on the average, when they have their "lowest prices of the season" sales, which seem to happen probably about once a month, LOL, the prices ARE good, and personally, I never shop unless I have a pick-a-day or a % off thing anyway, so to me, the prices are very reasonable...though, I am a cardholder as well, so I don't know that I'd feel the same way if I wasn't getting the "perks," kwim?

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with many of you. Kohls "sales" are a joke. Their reg. price is WAY overpriced so when they put it on "sale" it's actually just the normal price. And there's always a "sale" going on. I do like Kohls but not because of their prices, I just like the merchandise. I went on BF years ago and it took FOREVER to get through the line. My mom went a few years later and it was the same. Neither have us have ever or will ever go back on BF. HOWEVER, having said that, last year I stayed up till midnight and got a bunch of things and got some GREAT prices! Not because the sales price was great but because of the rebates and $10 Kohls cash I earned. The rebates work great in this situation! I really hadn't planned on getting anything online this year but now that the extra 15% off coupon came out, I may have to find some things! :)

I went to Kohls last year. Arrived about 5 minutes after opening & headed straight in. My first pick in color for the reversable alt. down comforter was already gone but I got it in my second choice. They are offering it again this year (I think the same price as last year) and it has held up great and is so warm & toasty! Picked up a few more things and while I have to say that the line was long...they did move us quickly...even directing people to any available jewelry counter register. I think we spent a total of 40 minutes in the store...if that.

This year they are first on my list again and hoping for as pleasant an experience as last year!

Whoo-hoo!! Went in tonight and got EVERYTHING I was after, at the sale price, PLUS I got the Kohl's cash...last year, I got the sale prices, but no KC, as they weren't offering it the night before Thanksgiving...one stop crossed off my list!! :)

My local Kohl's would not honor the prices until Friday, even though they had already posted the sale prices. That was a huge waste of time. Now I have to get up extra early Friday morning.

That stinks!! I didn't even have to ask...the cashier just told me to tell her what the prices were supposed to be on the items I had...and I was surprised that I got everything, I thought for sure there'd be something that would have to be rolled out on carts on Friday morning...maybe there was, but it was nothing I was after anyway!:)

Kohl's was my first stop this year...have never been on BF before so wasn't sure what to expect. Got there at 3:15 and there was a small line, within 10-15 minutes that same small line was now wrapped around the building. Have to say that the employees were awesome! Got us in, directed people where they needed to go and checked us out very quickly and very organized. Got tons of good buys for the kids in the toy section for Fisher Price..will say I wish the section was bigger, people were on top of each other. But, other than that was very impressed with how they handled the huge crowd and very happy with the deals!

I am a big Kohl's fan in general but the one store I deliberately drove 20 mins to (as opposed to the one 3 mins from my house) was absolutely outstanding! Had everything I wanted,including the Presto griddle and deep fryer for $9.99 after rebate! They printed out Rebate Receipts too. Lines looked a tad long,but moved QUICK. I forgot to bring my Kohl's card but the cashier looked it up for me and I got my extra 15% off. They had a sacker at each register to bag everything up. People were courteous and pleasant.

The Kohl's by the mall was a different story alltogether! They had nothing left and I parked very far away.

I have been a Kohls shopper for a while, but have gotten discouraged by their ever-changing prices. Another thing I have noticed lately is that the quality of their clothing has gotten pretty bad (mostly on their brands). Several things I have purchased lately have faded and shrunk badly with the very first washing.

They also recently shipped an item to me with the security tag still attached. Won't send out a replacement until I ship it back to them or drive 45 minutes to the store and have it taken off.

From now on I am sticking to the 30% off sales for Levi's and name brand shoes :)

I also miss their Deal of the Day!!!