Is this anyone else's experience?

musicalkarasel

Although Kohl's has some nice deals on Black Friday, it has been my experience that their "50% off" prices are still MUCH higher than other stores at regular price. I love that Kohl's opens so early, but we didn't go last year because we assumed it wasn't really worth our time. (I will say when we have started there, we loved the Kohl's cash!)

With Kohls you HAVE TO look at the price and not the % off and determine if something's a good price or not. They change their prices several times a week and have all these different sales ("lowest prices of the season"...). You really have to look at the cost and if you have any coupons for additional $$ off there. But you are correct, many times their "50% off" isn't such a great deal and things are cheaper at 40% off with a coupon. But they do usually have some great deals there on BF. And save your receipt, if it goes on sale later you can get a credit or return & rebuy the item.

Also, last year they were open late the night before Thanksgiving. They were changing the signs at that time and you could get the deals then as well. Only, no Kohls cash. but less crowded. Also, you could have stashed some items to be sure they would be there when you got in if you were careful.

I like Kohl's a lot. There prices always seem pretty reasonable compared to other stores in the mall and they have a pretty good variety of clothes. I have never been there on black Friday because I always have to work that day :(

Although Kohl's has some nice deals on Black Friday, it has been my experience that their "50% off" prices are still MUCH higher than other stores at regular price. I love that Kohl's opens so early, but we didn't go last year because we assumed it wasn't really worth our time. (I will say when we have started there, we loved the Kohl's cash!)

This has been my experience also, especially on their toy items. You really have to watch the prices, I have found some good deals on golf shirts for hubby, but not much else.

Kohls is a great retailer. They have LOTS of merchandise for BF and using their cards gets you another 20% in Kohls Cash. On top of that, they manage their crowd wonderfully.

If Kohls has something I want, I stand in line knowing they will have enough on hand to satisfy their patrons.

They also usually send out a 15% off for members on your entire order right before hand that you can use on BF.

:yup:

It takes so long to get through the line on BF that I don't make it my first stop anymore. Usually by the time I was done checking out at Kohls, I had already missed the good deals at other stores.

The line moves pretty fast & you go with another person that gets in line while you finish shopping as soon as the line starts to get long. I always start at Kohls and am able to make 2 other stores openings afterwards.

The line moves pretty fast & you go with another person that gets in line while you finish shopping as soon as the line starts to get long. I always start at Kohls and am able to make 2 other stores openings afterwards.

You practically have to do this at our Kohl's. By the time you get your stuff and get in line it is wrapped around the back of the store. Now when we go in my mom immediately gets in line while the rest of us go a gather our items. It ends up working out perfectly so we get in, get out, and head to Penney's for our free snow-globe! :D

Kohl's is definitely a partner place. One gets in line, while the other shops, then switch places, etc. Their prices are unusual to say the least, but the toy sets that they sell on BF are made just for them, so you can pick up pieces that are not sold other places. Fisher-Price always does something special for them with their Little People sets, Geo-Trax, etc. This is usually our first stop on BF morning.

I avoid Kohl's at all costs! The check-out lines snaked around the side walls of the store and practically met each other across the back wall in domestics...what a nightmare. I spent nearly 2.5 hours in line there with my teen daughter (her choice of clothing was what kept me in that line...) and NEVER will I do that again.

I do not like their inflated/discounted price strategies, their credit card policies (sweeter deals for cardholders and far too many mailings when you do carry their card), the Kohl's cash system, their shortage of parking spaces, etc.

I am just NOT a Kohl's shopper.

I always go the night before. they are open until 11 the night before here in Kansas and I got at about 10:45.

no door busters but the cheaper stuff like two pillows for 4.99

It has worked two years in a row because new prices were up. Does anyone know if this is the policy to allow the cheaper price if the sign is up? all the sign at bottom always say begins Friday 11/xx... but it has worked twice!

I avoid Kohl's at all costs! The check-out lines snaked around the side walls of the store and practically met each other across the back wall in domestics...what a nightmare. I spent nearly 2.5 hours in line there with my teen daughter (her choice of clothing was what kept me in that line...) and NEVER will I do that again.

I do not like their inflated/discounted price strategies, their credit card policies (sweeter deals for cardholders and far too many mailings when you do carry their card), the Kohl's cash system, their shortage of parking spaces, etc.

I am just NOT a Kohl's shopper.

I went online last year and got most of what I wanted. Didn't really want any of the "doorbusters" that were in store so I ordered the clothes for the boys and got free shipping too... It was a win/win for me.

The lines would probably move faster if the cashiers weren't asking everyone that went through if they wanted to sign up for the Kohls card.

I've been saying that for years! Best Buy does the same thing asking everyone to sign up for their rewards program. Do they have to do that crap on BF! How about handing out a piece of paper with the info so you can sign up online when you get home if you are interested. And stores asking every person to purchase a product repair warranty...

I usually hit Kohls at about 9 or so and i grab what i need then get in line while mom shops and brings me what else we are getting. the lines look bad but they really truely do move fast at Kohls with some fantastic deals.

I wish I could say that about our Kohl's. They always look like they don't know why everyone is in a big rush.

I've only gone to Kohl's on BF once... the year before last. The line was TERRIBLE! I waited for an hour and a half to get these Fisher Price snap on doll clothes... I couldn't find them anywhere else, but I don't think it was worth the time!

I don't care for the Kohl's pricing system either (having HIGH retail, then constantly offering "great" sales)! Their retail prices are SO stinkin high that a 50% discount is more like a 15% discount at WM (thinking of toys here).

Kohls is usually a first stop for us. But you do have to be careful of the prices. I try to compare cost before I buy. I think last year we got sheet sets, comforter sets, and a bunch of other things I can't remember. I enjoy using the Kohls cash the next week too.

I don't care for the Kohl's pricing system either (having HIGH retail, then constantly offering "great" sales)! Their retail prices are SO stinkin high that a 50% discount is more like a 15% discount at WM (thinking of toys here).

which is why I avoid shopping Kohl's during the year - I hate their pricing system too!

I LOVE Kohl's, and it's pretty much the only place I can say that I shop regularly...if you're a cardholder, you can't beat their deals when they have their "lowest prices of the season," and you have an extra % discount on top of that...I agree their pricing system leaves a lot to be desired, as far as the price fluctuations, but I still manage to find really good deals there...and in the past, on BF, Kohl's is almost always my first stop...there was only one year I had an issue, and they didn't have a doorbuster on the floor, and once it was found, they only had like 10 of them...everyone rushed the associates, and I wouldn't have gotten one (and I was the first person to ask about them), had the one associate not recognized that I didn't have one yet, and I was the one who was waiting for it in the first place. I would've been very upset had I not gotten it, as it was the main thing I was after, and I'd waited outside in the cold for so long, but that associate made it right, and so I've always been pleased.

Last year, I went before closing, and was able to get the GeoTrax stuff I was after on BF, at the sale price that night, since the signage was up already...LOVE Kohl's!!

The last time I bought Christmas gifts from Kohls, I found out after the fact that they refund the lowest sales price to the giftee, even with a gift receipt. Is this still going on? I can't understand how this is fair or even legal. I stopped buying gifts from them two or three years ago when I found out, so I haven't bother to ask them.

The last time I bought Christmas gifts from Kohls, I found out after the fact that they refund the lowest sales price to the giftee, even with a gift receipt. Is this still going on? I can't understand how this is fair or even legal. I stopped buying gifts from them two or three years ago when I found out, so I haven't bother to ask them.

I thought that was without a gift receipt, and that's why you got one? What would be the point of a gift receipt then?