What is in your Black Friday arsenal?

bigjimslade

I always have the following:

Credit/Debit Card and License in a badge lanyard worn around my neck and under a layer of clothes

Good shoes

Chapstick

My lists/ads (LOVE the index cards idea, BTW! Will remember that!)

Bottled Water/Snacks in the car

Blankets in the car to put over large purchases I don't want prying eyes to see

I think that is it!

I love that index card info I think I will use it myself this year, last year we did not go we were in DISNEY WORLD for thanksgiving....

1. Money, Gift Card, Debit Card

2. Slippers

3. My SIL this year

4. Santa's List

5. I get up at 3 or even stay up the entire night then go to sleep when we get back..

I love that index card info I think I will use it myself this year, last year we did not go we were in DISNEY WORLD for thanksgiving....

1. Money, Gift Card, Debit Card

2. Slippers

3. My SIL this year

4. Santa's List

5. I get up at 3 or even stay up the entire night then go to sleep when we get back..

I would have still went shopping lol! in orlando its prob crazy! lol We usally have all our shopping done by 9am with breakfast and everything! So i usally end up staying up all night because i know i can sleep some when we get back during my sons nap time or at my mother in laws while she watches him lol i go shopping with my mom, just us we get in get out because we want all the deals! lol this year my sister wants to go b/c she got laid off(and is usally working that day) so i duno how the day will go! I love her company but she is SLOW she likes to look and browse! you can't do that on BF lmao

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I go to the same BB every year. We live in Florida so the weather is not VERY bad.

THEY provide 2 port a potty's - a DJ all night - FREE bottled water - a food guy who you can buy "stuff" from (hot dogs etc.).

Also we have gotten to know the same people year after year and we all bring something.

Last year 1 family made a HUGE pot of soup and brought bowls and spoons and passed it out.

I brought the big symphony candy bars and passed those out.

As far as my list:

Book

Tent

pillows

blankets

laptop

dvd player and movies

playing cards

cell phone

cash

a list of wants

Last year a young guy dropped of his sofa and a big tv, he hooked up a game system to it. He had a huge fan club. I was impressed that BB let him use there power!! Extension cords and all.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my 3-ring binder with my store print-outs and my cross references for price matches. The pocket in back holds the store flyers when I need to show to cashiers.

The front pocket is for my notepad.

I bring a big purse for the receipts coupons rebates; water; snacks; etc.

I always have a big smile on my face and a happy attitude to deal with the chaos all around me and for the employees. And I try to wear a fun shirt.

So excited!!!

Trish

We start at Meijer early and since they are 24 hours I don't need all the major stuff (I find chairs at the store to use).

Binder with ads

pens

credit cards

small amount of cash

backpack with snack and water

coffee!

Gotta deal list for BF deals for each store

Kids christmas wishlist

I really like your index card trick! I spend every Thanksgiving afternoon/evening sitting on the floor with all of my ads, a notebook, and a pen and write down the stores I'm going to and in what order but then I always have to take the ads with me and sort through them which can be frustrating! I'm going to try your idea this year!

Awesome idea!! will definately impliment this strategy. This is the one day per year that my husband knows even though he's the retired army man, that I am the Drill Sargeant and don't question my commands!! :) LOL

Our walmart is 24hr. so no camping. Hope the ad is worth going for this year. I bring big enough purse to strap across me to hold:

money

phone

walkie talkie

ads (this year on index cards, thx!)

(may bring full ads folded up for price matching situation)

coffee

WooHoo here we come!

I bring:

Cell phone

Mom, And two cousins(want to bring bf but he works at bestbuyand thinks im crazy)

a lot of blankets

Ipod

laptop

snacks(theres a dunkin donuts right by our walmart, so coffee and doughnuts)

----one year brought doughnuts and everyone was like get the girl with the doughnuts!!

Ads- a must, and like most people the index card thing is amazing im going to try it this year. we normally have two sets of ads so index and full and pens to mark them

chairs

credit/debit cards, some cash

purse to hold most of that stuff

phone chargers-last year we stole some of walmarts power, i was thinking about getting a heated blanket this year :P

Going to play around with the shopping list on here so ill bring that.(im new to the site)

I think thats all...

I live in NYC & I have done BF 6 years running now. Does anyone have any suggestion on keeping warm? I usually do hand/foot warmers. But now I'm thinking about adding a Snuggie and a portable heater. Does anyone have any thoughts on the portable heater? Do they really keep you warm in "open air" (I wont be sitting inside a tent)? Does anyone have suggestions on a good brand of heaters? I was researching the Coleman portable heater-but not sure if I should buy it without asking my fellow BF fanatics first!

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who replies!!! ;)

Our WalMart is open 24 hrs so no need to freeze outside like I did in 2005. It was 14F outside that day! My feet felt round since they were so cold when the store opened.

Last year was my first year shopping at our new WalMart and I just got a map from the Door Greeter, walked around and then just found a bench by Health and Beauty Aids and waited for 5am. No freezing. Which was good.

The only things I bring are the ad's, wallet and purse. Less is more.

walkie talkies

money

ads

Our WM is open 24 hrs., so no need to camp, but I do pull a chair from sporting goods and have a seat if I am going to be in there all night or waiting in line for something. If the line is in electronics department, they will usually put different movies on all night so we at least have some entertainment, lol.

i wanna go to your walmart :(

WOW-I never thought of ThermaCare Heat Wraps!! I will put that in my arsenal this year!!!

they are great!!! they stay warm for a long time and do keep you toasty...you just have to watch it..the first year my mom wore hers she got blisters (very sensitive skin) so now she wears it over her undershirt.

Yes I am or someone in my group. Over the years I have camped out and made new friends during BF. My group grew from me and my buddy to now a group of 40. We all keep in touch, do dinner for each others bday and talk via FB and email.

I couldn't imagine camping out for 4 days...that is histarical and the porta potty way to funny, just curious are you always number 1 in line?

I'm in the middle of no-where NY, so not a whole lot of lines here to have the need for camping gear.

I do bring:

My hubbie, brother, and my sis in law ;)

BF Ads

FANNY pack. (seriously, it's bedazzled and everything with the my nickname "The Dealer of BF 2009. No, I did not make it for myself)

Walkie Talkies, good up to 25 miles. (just in case we need to seperate for deals)

Cash. (this way I don't go over what I allot for myself)

Cell Phone

Starbucks

That's all I really need, that and a good attitude!

omg, you have totally inspired me, i SO need a bedazzled fanny pack for bf!!!!!!

My husband and I go out of town to families house, so Thanksgiving night I go to my cousins (who is also my best friend and BF shopping buddy every year), I normally do NOT bring my purse...I lose it enough not being BF, so my pockets are stuffed with Cell phone (always on vibrate and highest ringtone cause you gotta be able to hear it), debit card and some cash, the ad for that store folded up in my back pocket. i always wear a hoodie cause once inside it get too HOT! And tennis shoes...the most important piece of the pie....gotta have shoes u can move quickly in. Ohhh and...our walmart last year gave us maps...that showed where the big ticket great sale item was in the store...even though we kinda knew where we wanted to go first that helped find things later!:yup: