What is in your Black Friday arsenal?

bigjimslade

For me I buy spiral bound index cards. I have one for each store I take the sales ad and cut out what I am interested in and glue them to the index cards. Then I go to each store with the appropriate index card pack..No more fighting with those pesky paper ads. I just flip thru my cards.

I also take a big purse so I can put bottle water, snacks and hand warmers in it!!

Man!! i LOVE this idea! Im def. doing it this year i always keep all my BF stuff in a binder with the ads,envolopes for reciepts,and then lists of items i want in what store but THIS sounds ALOT easier!!! Thanks!!!!

walkie talkies(so i can find my mom in stores that dont get signal!!!and im not trying to dial her cell and pray that she picks up and tells me which line she in!!!):thumbsup:

money:gd_dollar

ads:deal:

My gotta deal.com BF sHIRT! (OVER TOP of 2 long sleeved shirts!):gdtshirt:

my mommy lol she rules!and always buys my son the coolest stuff on BF lol:woot2:

No PURSE!!!! I can hardly keep up with my self in those stores!!:cheesy:

Chick-fil-a minis!!!(after we are done shopping!):2letseat:

Running shoes(I know I know your not supposed to run....):gdrunner:

Cigearettes(only a few in an old pack i make sure i can trash the pack before the store opens!(i hate stuff in my pockets on BF!) oh and i use matches on nf too!:2cig:

Ill only take my cell phone in stores after DB time...:D

OH YEAH... and Christmas Cheer!!!:holiday16

LOL sorry for all the smilies im board lol!

Man!! i LOVE this idea! Im def. doing it this year i always keep all my BF stuff in a binder with the ads,envolopes for reciepts,and then lists of items i want in what store but THIS sounds ALOT easier!!! Thanks!!!!

Something else I do is on the back of the index card I make my notes..like if I know the location of the item or quantity I want to buy or who it's for. Have to be prepared!! LOL!

I haven't camped. We usually start at Walmart and ours is open 24/7 so we usually go in around 2:30 or 3 and find our spot in line, usually at electronics or cameras...lol. I will have to remember to get a chair to relax in this year, i never thought of that. The index cards is a fabulous idea, I will definitely be using that one. Thanks for the info.

camping out here consists of hanging out at Meijers (inside) so no tent required. I do take:

DS with games

PDA with spreadsheet of what to buy/where, ebooks and games, movies, etc

cell phone

ads

bank card/credit cards

bag of peppermint candies, to hand out to frazzled cashiers.

I take a group of people, cell phones, money and my bible as shown below

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/p1010004.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/p1010003-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/p1010002-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/p1010001-1.jpg

RV

Planned on taking it last year, but due to family illness we had to skip TG and BF. Assuming we don't get stranded on the way back from Alaska, should be back in time to use it this year.

Of course we'd still be in line too, so at least one tent, plenty of blankets, heaters (camping heaters plus a couple electric, if we can keep the gen running on the RV), maybe some chairs, etc.

If you get stranded in Alaska, let me know.

For me I buy spiral bound index cards. I have one for each store I take the sales ad and cut out what I am interested in and glue them to the index cards. Then I go to each store with the appropriate index card pack..No more fighting with those pesky paper ads. I just flip thru my cards.

I also take a big purse so I can put bottle water, snacks and hand warmers in it!!

Great idea!! I will definately try this! Thanks!!:)

BigJimslade, I have been on Gottadeal for awhile now, but never asked these questions--

The stuff you take, tents, heaters, blankets, grill--what happens at 5 a.m. when store opens? Who watches your stuff, how/when is it packed up?

Don't people try to steal your stuff. Do you pay somebody to sit there and watch it?

We don't camp, so I take my money, a huge purse to fit my BF 3 ring binder in, and some reusable shopping totes so I can try to get away without pushing a cart.

I am loving the index card idea!! I may have to try that this year.

Great Questions!

Around 2am or so on Friday everyone starts to break down camp and pack it away in cars. I am in line for an average of 72 hours so I do get to know the people around me and I have never had an issue of packing stuff away and coming back in line. I also stand in line with a group of 40 now so I dont really worry about it. I camp at BB and everyone is civil.

BigJimslade, I have been on Gottadeal for awhile now, but never asked these questions--

The stuff you take, tents, heaters, blankets, grill--what happens at 5 a.m. when store opens? Who watches your stuff, how/when is it packed up?

Don't people try to steal your stuff. Do you pay somebody to sit there and watch it?

OMG I do that too!!!!!!!

Comfy Chair

Blankets

Laptop

Headphones

Snacks and Water

2x High Powered Car Audio Batteries :eyepoppin

Power Inverter

12v to DC Socket Adaptor ;)

Power for a good 48hours easy!

Going to have to do some scouting, the bestbuy near me has wireless but its hidden. I found it last year becuase I had just bought a laptop from them, and they optmized it so it had been connected. They are called Teh_____ somthing. I forget.

Edited by Klownicle

I am soo doing this! :yup: I wish I had a 24hr Wal-Mart to go to! :( We had one but it closes at midnight now. It may be open 24hrs for BF but it's not in a "nice" area anyway. :tongue1:

Normally I bring a chair, sleeping bag, reading material and a few snacks/water bottles, besides bank card & cash, that I stash in different pockets. I hate dealing with purses & can't do them on bf at all. I dress in layers because it's cold outside, but it gets so warm inside.

This year however, I am determined to get a Netbook at a goooooood price, so I may be camping out for a bit...I'm sure my list will then be longer of what I'm bringing.

First we spend T-day am browsing ads and on-line specials, then we gather a plan of where everyone is going, everyone goes to drop off locations. we put ni the cars: chairs, blankets-we might need em might not as we live in florida, usually don't need blankets, cooler w/ goodies

and drinks.

pen and paper and the ads of course.

Wow this is a great idea! I'm going to do that this year. So much easier than taking the ads into the store.

Usually in the past, people that we have spent the night with in line will keep your spot so you can throw your stuff in the car quickly about 20 mins before store opens. I don't know about other states, but were pretty easy going here in FL and we've only had a few to try and cut in but they got busted anyway and thrown out by the cops. My motto: if you ain't been here all night, well then just go home.

Our WM is open 24hrs now. I will kind of miss sitting outside all night freezing to death. It sure changes what we need to bring. Just chairs. No layers and No blankets. So sad.

At our walmart you need a bat so no one runs you over, forget the cart!