What is in your Black Friday arsenal?

bigjimslade

Every year alot of veterans and newbies come onto the site and one of the most asked question is what do I bring to camp out in line with. It all depends on where you are and what the weather is. So post what you have in your arsenal and maybe it will help others!

Big Jim Slade BF Arsenal

• 4 Tents - 4 person tents
  • 6 Propane Catalytic Heaters
  • 40 Bottle of Propane
  • Sleeping Pads
  • 4 Cots
  • 4 Ice Chests
  • Two Way Radios
  • 2 Propane Stoves with Pots and Pans
  • Grill
  • Sleeping Bags
  • Laptop
  • BF Ads
  • Box of Hand Warmers
  • Rain Gear

Lets see if I am camping we take

1 Tent

1 Full Size Air Mattress

2 Portable Heaters

Hand warmers

Blankets

2 Coolers (1 for drinks and 1 for food)

Portable Grill (yes I BBQ on BF...lol)

Laptops

Camera

Car power adapter thingy

Chairs

Card Table

Book

Warm Fuzzy Slippers (cause I hate socks)

fold-up lounge chair

blanket

camel pack and/or bottled water

bf ads

calculator

cell phone

insulated book bag w/breakfast & snacks

copies of store policies in regards to price matching (since there have been disputes in past)

past years i've brought a portable dvd player, but this year i'm bring a laptop

luckily in az i don't really have to brave the elements although year before last it got REALLY cold for here. so i bundled up then.

I'm in the middle of no-where NY, so not a whole lot of lines here to have the need for camping gear.

I do bring:

My hubbie, brother, and my sis in law ;)

BF Ads

FANNY pack. (seriously, it's bedazzled and everything with the my nickname "The Dealer of BF 2009. No, I did not make it for myself)

Walkie Talkies, good up to 25 miles. (just in case we need to seperate for deals)

Cash. (this way I don't go over what I allot for myself)

Cell Phone

Starbucks

That's all I really need, that and a good attitude!

RV

Planned on taking it last year, but due to family illness we had to skip TG and BF. Assuming we don't get stranded on the way back from Alaska, should be back in time to use it this year.

Of course we'd still be in line too, so at least one tent, plenty of blankets, heaters (camping heaters plus a couple electric, if we can keep the gen running on the RV), maybe some chairs, etc.

I'm in the middle of no-where NY, so not a whole lot of lines here to have the need for camping gear.

I do bring:

My hubbie, brother, and my sis in law ;)

BF Ads

FANNY pack. (seriously, it's bedazzled and everything with the my nickname "The Dealer of BF 2009. No, I did not make it for myself)

Walkie Talkies, good up to 25 miles. (just in case we need to seperate for deals)

Cash. (this way I don't go over what I allot for myself)

Cell Phone

Starbucks

That's all I really need, that and a good attitude!

Live in Upstate as well. Don't forget the BF Gottadeal T-Shirt and the book of ADS!

For me I buy spiral bound index cards. I have one for each store I take the sales ad and cut out what I am interested in and glue them to the index cards. Then I go to each store with the appropriate index card pack..No more fighting with those pesky paper ads. I just flip thru my cards.

I also take a big purse so I can put bottle water, snacks and hand warmers in it!!

For me I buy spiral bound index cards. I have one for each store I take the sales ad and cut out what I am interested in and glue them to the index cards. Then I go to each store with the appropriate index card pack..No more fighting with those pesky paper ads. I just flip thru my cards.

I also take a big purse so I can put bottle water, snacks and hand warmers in it!!

I really like your index card trick! I spend every Thanksgiving afternoon/evening sitting on the floor with all of my ads, a notebook, and a pen and write down the stores I'm going to and in what order but then I always have to take the ads with me and sort through them which can be frustrating! I'm going to try your idea this year!

I'm coming over to your tent!

I started to BBQ I think about 5 years ago we all got hungry and everything was closed so I had someone run to the house for the camping grill/burgers/buns It has now evolved to something much bigger 2 years ago we had shish kabobs and depending on the sale ads this year we may do the same. Last year I didn't get in line just hit Walmart at 4:00am so no BBQ then....lol Worked out better for me did more shopping online then in the stores even got DS11 his skateboard online.

I don't have much of an arsenal, its usually just me with my sister at some other store. As long as I have warm clothes on it's fine. However, would be nice to have a place to use the bathroom while waiting. It's tough for me since no one can hold my spot. Oh well. Guess I better avoid too much tea and coffee before hand.

I don't have much of an arsenal, its usually just me with my sister at some other store. As long as I have warm clothes on it's fine. However, would be nice to have a place to use the bathroom while waiting. It's tough for me since no one can hold my spot. Oh well. Guess I better avoid too much tea and coffee before hand.

Go to Texas, hang out with BIGJIMSLADE, he rents a portapotty. He will only charge a little for you to use it. Or stay where you are at and do the same, if you are hard core enough....LOL

Go to Texas, hang out with BIGJIMSLADE, he rents a portapotty. He will only charge a little for you to use it. Or stay where you are at and do the same, if you are hard core enough....LOL

Someone remembered! Yes I do rent a port a potty. When you wait in line for 4 or more days it comes in handy!

Usually it's just me and mom with money and ads, I always carry a messenger bag full of stuff i might need tissues, hand sanitizer, gum, chapstick, my usual purse stuff lol

I am definitely going to steal the index card idea, it sounds ideal :)

Our walmart rents 3 portapotties and puts them out the day b4 thanksgiving

walkie talkies

money

ads

Our WM is open 24 hrs., so no need to camp, but I do pull a chair from sporting goods and have a seat if I am going to be in there all night or waiting in line for something. If the line is in electronics department, they will usually put different movies on all night so we at least have some entertainment, lol.