What is in your Black Friday arsenal?

bigjimslade

My arsenal includes:

Newly added for '09 portable camping heater

Newly added for '09-Snuggie

Camping chairs

Foot/Hand Warmers

Cross body purse to carry money (no wallet-too bulky), cards & ads. Cross body is the best you dont have to worry too much about pick pocketers (unless they are REALLY BOLD) and your hands can stay free to grab stuff off the shelves

Thermos filled with Homemade hot chocolate-yummy, yummy.

New York winters can be brutal so I also wear my Ugg Boots

So what are the must bring camping items this year?

Depending on if we are camping or not, my list will look something like:

1. Laptop with GottaDeal ready to go as my home page!

2. WARM Clothes:yup:

3. Hand/Feet Warmer

4. Tent

5. Sleeping Bag

6. Games!

7. Cell Phone/Blackberry

8. Ad Binder

9. DH (Wouldn't want to forget him)

10. Boots-and I mean snow boots...not the dinky leather ones that will cause my toes to freeze

11. Hot Chocolate...and some to share with the "neighbors":D

12. Snacks-It would be fun to bring a smores kit!:2letseat:

13. Money

14. My Completed Shopping List!

I'm sure there is lots that I'm forgetting...but hey, thats why I have all of you! :)

Depending on if we are camping or not, my list will look something like:

1. Laptop with GottaDeal ready to go as my home page!

2. WARM Clothes

3. Hand/Feet Warmer

4. Tent

5. Sleeping Bag

6. Games!

7. Cell Phone/Blackberry

8. Ad Binder

9. DH (Wouldn't want to forget him)

10. Boots-and I mean snow boots...not the dinky leather ones that will cause my toes to freeze

11. Hot Chocolate...and some to share with the "neighbors"

12. Snacks-It would be fun to bring a smores kit!

13. Money

14. My Completed Shopping List!

I'm sure there is lots that I'm forgetting...but hey, thats why I have all of you!

Just my ads and my debit card. I go to Walmart at around 1 am and start getting items from other stores that are on sale because walmart will price match these items and then i get into line for whatever it is that walmart has that i want so i can get most of my shopping done at Walmart, but im out shopping all day!

Generator,

Last year I brought a microwave.(Probably not this year)

Blankets,

Drinks,

Cards,

Tables,

Computer,

Wireless access point (Phone),

TV,

BBQ,

Snacks,

Music,

Tent,

Lots of food

We bring a BBQ and Give away free hot dogs, its fun.

We also collect donations for out local City Union Mission if someone wants to donate.

This is a great time to help others while having lots of fun.

We have given away free food and collected for City Union Mission the past two years and I plan to again this year.

This Year I think I will ask the store to see if they will match the funds.

bigjimslade... So I have done Best buy two years, and got there two years ago at 6PM and got a good spot, we want to get there a lot earlier and do the camping, but I always worry about laws, and violating them if we get there real early. Can you give us some tips on that, and how you have handled situations with management at Best Buy if you have?? Thanks

Welcome to the community!

I have not had any situation where the store has told me to leave. My BB always sees it as a free advertising becuase people will ask me or store workers why I am there and they will say for BF and it will create hype. BB and other store is private property and if they ask you to leave you have to leave.

As far as any other laws I can see a city having would be a open flame law or a law that says you can cook in public.

What time do you plan to get there? I would have my BF camping stuff packed and ready to go the Friday before BF. So when line reports show up here you can roll fast.

I will address this question more on my next webcast.

bigjimslade... So I have done Best buy two years, and got there two years ago at 6PM and got a good spot, we want to get there a lot earlier and do the camping, but I always worry about laws, and violating them if we get there real early. Can you give us some tips on that, and how you have handled situations with management at Best Buy if you have?? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We always bring the tent and extra blankets for the floor of it to lay on, this year I would like to get a CHEAP air mattress to use instead. I need one that will self inflate as there will be no power supply. I am way to weak to pump one up.

Any ideas?

Probably won't camp out this year - but haven't ruled it out yet. Waiting on some ads to determine. I usually take blankets and cell phone/blackberry, ads (all of them) and wear boots and layers of clothing. We throw the coats and blankets in the car just before the doors open. I don't take my purse either. I clip my wristlet to my jeans belt loop and stick the wristlet part down in my waistband. I don't trust the pickpocketers and it's probably going to be worse this year with the economy. Plus I like the handsfree shopping experience on BF.

I always bring my mom. It's tradition. Cash, debit card, and cell phones too of course. I bring the normal outdoor gear...jacket, hat, gloves, hand warmers, etc. We normally bring the ads with us, too, but I really like the index card idea. Just might have to steal that one. :D This year I might go ahead and get the coffee brewing so we can bring some with us. And some chairs. And a blanket. I get tired of standing. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I will hit Toys R Us first at midnight but don’t have to be at Sears till 3am (they open at 4am and I’m sure one hour before opening is enough time) so what should I do, what will you do? I live about 10 minutes from ALL THE STORES so coming home is an option but I think I go nuts waiting around till 2:50am so I could go line up at Sears.:confused: