You all have to get me through this Black Friday

lovebears65

Because I wont be going out this year or at least camping out I might go just in town for small things. This will be the first time in over 5 yrs I have not camped out. We are going on 4 trips in the next year , Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans and Vegas:D and are saving every last penny for trips. Kids are getting basically clothes for christmas since we are travelling on Christmas and dont want to bring a bunch of stuff . They might get a video game a piece but that is about it.. They had a huge christmas last year and they all want to see the grandparents this year in Dallas and all said they will have a small xmas to see them since we have to stay in a hotel and will need 2 rooms so the room alone will be 900.00 :( . Then who knows what gas prices will be at xmas .. So I know I will be going through withdraws on Black Fri morning. I might sneak out and get a few things but I will be not camping out this year because I wont be getting big ticket items and it wont be the same :(

You can always go with a friend for company and help her score some things. I have done that in the past. I remember 2 yrs ago there was nothing I wanted because I had gotten some great deals all year. I went with my friend for the rush:D and we had breakfast later. There are always good clothing and coat sales.

I need someone to go with me to stand in line at Kohl's. I don't camp out. I don't get up early either. I go when I wake up but then stand in line for what seems like forever. Last year, I had my Kohl's shopping done in 45 minutes and then waiting in line for 2 + hours.

• 2 months later...
Well, I really dont need any big ticket items so I was not going to camp out this year anyway. I have camped out for 5 yrs in a row:p. So basically just going to see whats in the ad to see if I can catch some bargins on video games and such.. So really its not a big deal but its kinda sad because if there is something in the ad that I end up wanting and knowing i cant camp out to get I might get depressed :no: And no one can go out for me in my house. Dh has to work so that is no go and the kids cant us my credit card I dont think since they are not an autherized user :rolleyes: I normally put everything on my best buy card so i can get the rewards and pay it off before new yrs with their 6 month free interest :rwb:

so many of the sales will be online, so you'll be able to get some deals. plus a lot of the online sales start late thursday night or early friday morning, so when everyone else is camping out and can't order, you'll be able to get the deals :)

• 2 weeks later...

GottaDealers - I'm really sad about this. I just started a new job last week and you can imagine how upset I was when I found out that I'm not elligible to take a day off for 3 months! 3 MONTHS! So no BF, no Christmas Eve (which means no hosting Christmas Eve), no day after Christmas and I better not get sick between now and January 20. It makes me so sad every time I look at these boards that I'm going to be stuck working.

Get some good deals for me this year! I'm going to be in the malls in December. Isn't that what we try to avoid???

No BF for me this year either. I had some airline vouchers that were going to expire and I had to use them up. Flying to Miami on Turkey Day and will be in the Keys on BF before I head out on a cruise Saturday morning. Oh well, that's a pretty good excuse to miss out on BF I suppose.

I'm sorry, that would make me so sad too. Here is what I would do. You can still buy all of your BF stuff at Target early and go in and get your price adjustment. Go to bed early on Thanksgiving day and still get up early, hit a store or two before work and then "rest" up at work and hit the stores after you get off.

That stinks! What time do you have to be there? Could you go out for a little while then go to work? A couple of hours are better than nothing!

If not then definately the online thing, not the same, but at least you'll still get some good deals. Though BF to me is just as much about the adrenaline of it all as the good deals. (As it is many here)

I thought about trying to squeeze some shopping in too, but I need to get on the train to work by 6:45, so that doesn't leave much time at the good stores. Of course, I work in Boston and all the department stores are outside of Boston, so the best I could do is Macy's! Hopefully there will be some good online deals on BF and there's always Cyber Monday. This will be the first year I've missed since 2001, so I'm a little sad about it. I imagine work will be dead that day because the rest of the world can use a vacation day. I'm just as sad about Christmas Eve. I keep trying to remind myself that it's just a temporary thing and next year I will be able to take all the days off I want. This is just a crappy time to have a waiting period.