Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Stacya - I have actually picked up FIVE of those Planet Heroes action figures for my two little boys... They're labeled "Temporary Price Cut" because I think, as you mentioned, Fisher-Price has released "new" versions of these toys... once Target stocks the "new" versions they'll be 9.99 again. But I shopped at several different Targets to pick up the five that I found. :)

I don't know...all the ones that I saw there today WERE new versions...they all had metallic accents, which we haven't seen before...and with the way my older ds is, we go look at Planet Heroes EVERY time we're in Target...so I'm not sure what the deal is that price cut, but WOW, was I happy to see that! Generally when stuff like that happens, it's on the things we already have, and my ds has all of the others, and is getting the remainder of the Voice Comm ones that he doesn't already have, for Christmas...if I can keep him away from Planet Heroes for the next 43 days, he'll be TOTALLY shocked when he sees the others that I got today...still totally psyched about that!! Oh, and I'm going to check the F-P website to make sure there aren't any others that look like they have new accessories or whatever, because I may need to go to another Target this week to scope them out there!

Too cool!:cheesy:

Stacya - I have actually picked up FIVE of those Planet Heroes action figures for my two little boys... They're labeled "Temporary Price Cut" because I think, as you mentioned, Fisher-Price has released "new" versions of these toys... once Target stocks the "new" versions they'll be 9.99 again. But I shopped at several different Targets to pick up the five that I found. :)

I don't know...all the ones that I saw there today WERE new versions...they all had metallic accents, which we haven't seen before...and with the way my older ds is, we go look at Planet Heroes EVERY time we're in Target...so I'm not sure what the deal is that price cut, but WOW, was I happy to see that! Generally when stuff like that happens, it's on the things we already have, and my ds has all of the others, and is getting the remainder of the Voice Comm ones that he doesn't already have, for Christmas...if I can keep him away from Planet Heroes for the next 43 days, he'll be TOTALLY shocked when he sees the others that I got today...still totally psyched about that!! Oh, and I'm going to check the F-P website to make sure there aren't any others that look like they have new accessories or whatever, because I may need to go to another Target this week to scope them out there!

Too cool!:cheesy:

They generally do this when the majority of stores have too much of a particular assortment or set of assortments, like when they over-order at one point. They need to clear out the stuff stuck in the pipeline so that they can get the new stuff moving through the distribution centers and into the stores. The manufacturers release new assortments several times per year. That doesn't mean all new characters every time. Sometimes they only change one or two of the pieces in the assortments. But if the store over-orders they get stuck and then the manufacturer's orders start to pile up in the distribution center, or somewhere along the pipeline.

They are doing basically the same thing, though with a lesser price cut, with the Littlest Pet Shop VIPs. They really got bogged down with these because they over ordered about 4 assortments back. The collectors are not going to buy the ones they have because they already have them, they only want the newest ones, so they lowered the price from $15 to $10 to get them out the door. Now we are FINALLY starting to see the new stuff. The problem, for them, is not always being able to control the fact that some stores do sell the stuff all along so some will not have the same backlog problem and thus the new stuff gets out at the lower price. I've been watching, but our stores are out of stock. Just hoping they get them in before the price goes back up.

Anyone else notice that the Halloween Barbie's have not gone on clearance? Or is it just my local stores? The Christmas Barbie's followed the Christmas markdown.

i have noticed that too at my target. i was wondering what the hold up has been on the mark down.

Anyone else notice that the Halloween Barbie's have not gone on clearance? Or is it just my local stores? The Christmas Barbie's followed the Christmas markdown.

someone else mentioned it a few days ago. For some reason, last year they did the same thing with a few Christmas toys that were in the toy department (like the Barbie is). They kept them to the toy markdown schedule rather than the holiday one.

I am new at this and decided I would check out my Target last night on the way home from work..They had NOTHING. All that was on clearance in the toys that were on and End cap were some HSM jeep thingys (lol) and in the Bedding section there were a dew OSU twin sheet sets and sum rugs and such..the sign said 30% off on each of these end caps...although I didnt scan anything because I wasnt really interested in any of it...am I just not looking in the right spots??...I also had my 2 year old with me who hadnt had a nap all day so I didnt look HARD just looked down all the toy aisles looking for clearance..lol..Maybe I will check another target in my area..I just dont want to waste a drive there if they have nothing also

Britt5116- It seems like a lot of the Targets have kind of slim pickings right now, so it is probably not you looking in the wrong place, although some of the Targets have started putting clearance right in the middle of the aisle too. If you want to check there, mine has red clearance half circle tags sticking out where they attach the price tags to the shelf so easy to spot. It seems to me that I do much better on clearance at Target after X-mas and in the spring/summer!

ugggh, I feel like I am in a Target funk! for the last several weeks I have been shopping all of my very close targets to see if anything wonderful (legos, house stuff, etc) went clearance and I think my store has done there seasonal thing and packed it all up.

I guess I will just have to wait to get my next Target thrill in January....(I am in Orange Park fl near Jax just in case anyones store still has clearance)

I am new at this and decided I would check out my Target last night on the way home from work..They had NOTHING. All that was on clearance in the toys that were on and End cap were some HSM jeep thingys (lol) and in the Bedding section there were a dew OSU twin sheet sets and sum rugs and such..the sign said 30% off on each of these end caps...although I didnt scan anything because I wasnt really interested in any of it...am I just not looking in the right spots??...I also had my 2 year old with me who hadnt had a nap all day so I didnt look HARD just looked down all the toy aisles looking for clearance..lol..Maybe I will check another target in my area..I just dont want to waste a drive there if they have nothing also

It isn't exactly toy clearance time. This is the time of year when they get all the new stuff in, so it is unlikely you'll find much there. In general they do a ton of clearance toward the end of each season, then it will go in waves where there are dry periods. This is one of those periods. There are items on clearance, but not nearly as much as there was a couple of months ago. Just wait till after Christmas when it gets crazy for months on end!

Family size boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal (packaged with 2 small individual boxes of cereals):

$2.54 - $2 MFR Q HERE = $0.54 !!! :eyepoppin

Darn it, they say the coupon was maxed out and won't let me print any now. Ugggggg We don't have a printer hooked up so I was sending it to DH to print at work. Darn it.

ugggh, I feel like I am in a Target funk! for the last several weeks I have been shopping all of my very close targets to see if anything wonderful (legos, house stuff, etc) went clearance and I think my store has done there seasonal thing and packed it all up.

I guess I will just have to wait to get my next Target thrill in January....(I am in Orange Park fl near Jax just in case anyones store still has clearance)

I am in Arlington- in Jax.. We are in a funk over here too!!!:(

Yulee has nothing worth mentioning as well - guess that covers most of the area, LOL

Does anyone know whether the Target Rewards (10% off certificate) that you get when you spend x amount on your redcard has a pretty firm expiration date? I've never tried using one past it's expiration date and just started wondering if I used it a day or two past the expiration date whether it would work. I have one to use that expires next Tuesday, but would really rather use it on Thursday.

Anyone have any experience with that??

Back from Target. Nothing. A bunch of Camp Rock stuff--it has been there for weeks. . .

No appliances, no good games. (I did not check clothes, my kids don't need any.)

No MM juiceboxes (never are) I saw some guy flying out of there with a cart full of stuff, he whooshed by me so fast I don't know what all he had, but I did see a coffeemaker with an OPEN box--it may have been clearance, may not...

No good toys either, some stuff I never heard of . UGH

Does anyone know whether the Target Rewards (10% off certificate) that you get when you spend x amount on your redcard has a pretty firm expiration date? I've never tried using one past it's expiration date and just started wondering if I used it a day or two past the expiration date whether it would work. I have one to use that expires next Tuesday, but would really rather use it on Thursday.

I never pushed my luck and tried it. You could always call the CC and ask them. I've always wondered if I could have them push the dates....

I'm in Texas and last weekend, on Saturday early morning to be specific, one of my Targets had special signs on the clearance stuff to take an additional 30% off already marked down 30 & 50% off items. I wanted to spend hours in there but my BF was not having it. I figured I'd go back on Sunday alone and when I went back they had removed all the "special" signs. I was very dissapointed :no:

... something that I discovered a couple of weeks ago during the whole greeting card bonanza that lasted just a little while. I was getting gift cards as I was checking out to bump up the total on my receipt a bit, and when I brought the used gift cards home, my kids would bug me to play with them. So now, just for fun while I shop at Target since clearance stuff is pretty much a yawner these days, I've been noticing all the neat holiday gift cards Target has. They have some VERY cool gift cards available this time of year. I mean some of them are little games, not to mention just cute pics of santa, elves, polar bears, etc... I don't know if anyone else's kids are like this, but mine love to play with the gift cards when I'm done with them. So, each time I go to Target, I pick some up and just put $5 on them; use them on my next purchase and then give them to my kids to play with. They pretend all kinds of things with them... the cards are hotel keys, tickets to plays, credit cards to put in their little purses... all kinds of things. They love the Christmas pictures on them and some of them are so cool, I'm surprised that Target doesn't charge for them!

Who knew??... such a cheap form of entertainment.:)

I would call and ask before you tried it AND I would make sure you talked to a manager and got the name. Mainly because once you use them they are no longer able to be used because the COMPUTER knows they have been used. So if you use them after the date on the card, the COMPUTER may not allow them to be used.

I would call and ask before you tried it AND I would make sure you talked to a manager and got the name. Mainly because once you use them they are no longer able to be used because the COMPUTER knows they have been used. So if you use them after the date on the card, the COMPUTER may not allow them to be used.

Ya, I know that once you use them, you can't use them another day. I just know that Target isn't necessarily the best at coding their coupon expiration dates into their computer, so I wondered if their rewards certificate was similar to that or if those are coded more carefully into their system.

... something that I discovered a couple of weeks ago during the whole greeting card bonanza that lasted just a little while. I was getting gift cards as I was checking out to bump up the total on my receipt a bit, and when I brought the used gift cards home, my kids would bug me to play with them. So now, just for fun while I shop at Target since clearance stuff is pretty much a yawner these days, I've been noticing all the neat holiday gift cards Target has. They have some VERY cool gift cards available this time of year. I mean some of them are little games, not to mention just cute pics of santa, elves, polar bears, etc... I don't know if anyone else's kids are like this, but mine love to play with the gift cards when I'm done with them. So, each time I go to Target, I pick some up and just put $5 on them; use them on my next purchase and then give them to my kids to play with. They pretend all kinds of things with them... the cards are hotel keys, tickets to plays, credit cards to put in their little purses... all kinds of things. They love the Christmas pictures on them and some of them are so cool, I'm surprised that Target doesn't charge for them!

My girls love them also. Here's one that is an actual camera. What the Heck will they think of next.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=125070&highlight=%22gift+card%22

Ya, I know that once you use them, you can't use them another day. I just know that Target isn't necessarily the best at coding their coupon expiration dates into their computer, so I wondered if their rewards certificate was similar to that or if those are coded more carefully into their system.

Yep, I know. But I had one that the clerk didn't mark and I couldn't remember if I used it or not. When I had them check it, it kicks it back. I agree about the date but if you wait and the date is screwed that would be sooooo sad. :D

Forgot to mention that I found the whole series of these today for $2.48 each (Reg. $10). I think there are 6. It was odd cause there was just one of each sitting on an endcap away from toys... kind of weird. Anyway, they look crazy to me, but my girls love any kind of little pet thingy that's just small enough for my husband and I to step on and scream in pain. (They are nice to have on hand to bribe for good behavior though, so I picked them up!)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nt37B%2BPXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Oh yeah. My kids have tons of gift cards from all sorts of stores. They never let me toss them. They LOVE them.

BTW, there is a Christmas Target gift card with M&Ms in it! Yum!

Forgot to mention that I found the whole series of these today for $2.48 each (Reg. $10). I think there are 6. It was odd cause there was just one of each sitting on an endcap away from toys... kind of weird. Anyway, they look crazy to me, but my girls love any kind of little pet thingy that's just small enough for my husband and I to step on and scream in pain. (They are nice to have on hand to bribe for good behavior though, so I picked them up!)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nt37B%2BPXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

They have online codes, like webkinz, and you can do stuff with them. these were the original online "pet" and my nieces, now HS & college age, played with them online in elementary & Jr. High. neopets.com

I loaded up my cart to the top one time and went to use my 10% off reward that was expiring that day. When I got to the register, I didn't have my Target card with me. They wouldn't let me use another card and I didn't have time to go home to get it and come back that day, so the manager wrote on it to accept it the next day. They did have to put the percentage in manually the day after it expired. You might want to call and ask yours if there was anything they could do if your's expired and your didn't realize it. They might be willing to adjust the sate for you.