Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

i think it was coupon mom i was on but it is a manufactorer coupon(for the didj)-i had to have the target one because the star wars design is exclusive apparantly.and yeah im stoked about the bakugan arena but now i just need bakugan....fingers crossed :)

I highlighted the parts of your post I am commenting on.

1-Good for you. I am going to try it, if I don't would you be able to recall the site?

2-I am so ripped about that coupon thing. I didn't get a book in the mail (although I have for the past 3 years! Another lady was in line behind me yesterday at Target and she was saying that she heard that people were stealing things from mailboxes this year--and she didn't get her Target book either! I turned around and began discussing it. I could have used that coupon many times already...

(If I can just have that Toro Snow thrower for 15 bucks, I'll forgive Target/whoever took my book and coupon ;)

3-Congrats on getting the Bakugan arena :)...

The toy coupons are available on their site and in most stores on an endcap side display

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=toy_coupons_main&&ref=sc_iw_r_14_2

I have gotten them in past years by mail as well, but didn't this year. I know my mail hasn't been rifled and stolen, unless they did it at the PO itself. When I have asked about not getting mailers in the past, Target has said that they do not always mail to the same people from year to year or promo to promo. They may simply not have sent them to us this year. :no::no::no: BOO!!

I think I finally figured it out. I never get mailers with coupons and have the debit and credit cards from Target. See the way I see it, they know I will shop there regardless so they don't send me the good stuff but save it to entice those that shop there less often. (made a lil bit of sense didn't it? lol)

I have the red card too and have shopped enough to earn a reward certificate every month for the past 3 years. I get their mailers and coupons a lot. I wonder if it has to do with what part of the country you are in more so than individual spending??? Or maybe how many Targets there are around your area and what kind of competition they face for your spending???

Don't know... just guesses!

I think I finally figured it out. I never get mailers with coupons and have the debit and credit cards from Target. See the way I see it, they know I will shop there regardless so they don't send me the good stuff but save it to entice those that shop there less often. (made a lil bit of sense didn't it? lol)

Yeah, I feel that way too!

I have the red card too and have shopped enough to earn a reward certificate every month for the past 3 years. I get their mailers and coupons a lot. I wonder if it has to do with what part of the country you are in more so than individual spending??? Or maybe how many Targets there are around your area and what kind of competition they face for your spending???

Don't know... just guesses!

Yeah, I have a backlog of the 10% rewards. I wouldn't need to spend anything for a couple of years, and I'd still get one each month. Could be you are right, but I sure feel like KC!

I want the 10 off $100 purchase or the $5 off of $50 that many people got, I already have the regular toy coupons I spent over $300 there... buying GPS, etc.

I don't have their charge so I don't think that should influence the coupon situation. I just think it is unfortunate not to give it to faithful customers who use it/shop there all the time.

Also someone mentioned on one of these Target threads that they got their toy book in the US mail and they could see the SHINY part where the $ off coupon was already peeled off their book. :mad:

My mail people put stuff in the wrong boxes, at least once a week (after I live here for 14 years) etc, so I don't have much trust or confidence in their honesty.

But this is off topic to this thread so, I am done.

My finds today:

Box set of 20 notecards and 20 birthday cards, each box set was 75% off, down to 2.48 (my son's teacher is always writing us parents thank you notes, so one for her!)

Crayola Color Explosion Star Wars sets were 50% off, so 4.98 each. I grabbed the last 2.

2 bags of halloween candy- not in system, manager sold to me for 25 cents each (they were the florida naturals ones).

Leaf wreath hanger- 1.74 (forget percent-I think it was 75%)

There were tons of video games for all platforms. nothing we needed though. There was nothing at all in toys, though I did grab the last 2 planet heroes figures for 3.50 each. They did have 2 of the Tony hawk bikes on clearance that could use the coupon as well, but we don't need it.

I was pretty peeved they are sold out of the ultimate light saber and the alien force chamber, 2 things I need for Christmas. Oh well.

I'm in MN too...and I got the toy book (and picked one up in the store) and get the ads with the $10 off and $5 off quite a bit. *dunno*

Our Target hasn't had much of anything lately. I did pick up a Princess drawing kit for $11.98...only like 30% off, but it's for Christmas for the diva, so checked that one off the list. :)

I went in today and they had clearanced the Halloween scrapbook stuff to 50% off now, but now it was just icky things left. I didn't care enough to hide anything. I have a terrible memory anyways. I got the things I want for BF price adjusting though... Wish more stores did this!

scored a cinderalla halloween costume in the toy dept. for $2.99. It was marked reg. price 29.99 and wouldn't scan. I asked CS if this would be 90% off since it's obviously a Halloween leftover (big orange tag). woo hoo!! Do a swoop for any returns that just got put back with all the other dress up stuff.

Kind of OT, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread -- anybody else take advantage of the Starbucks sale this week? Buy two 12-oz packs for $7 apiece (couple of bucks off regular price) and get a $5 gift card. Such a deal, if, like me, you suck down Starbucks like water!

I went in last night to get my hubby some shirts and on the mens clearance rack was a pair of champion boxer/briefs...no tag. I was also looking in house wares and found the 75% off shelf. I found a wooden/apple shapped cutting board...No clearance tag either. I figured these were just in the wrong place. Got to the cash register and neither would ring up. The manager came over and searched the system. Then she asked me if $1.41 was ok for the boxers and $1.24 was ok for the cutting board. I was estatic.

For Christmas I bought an Xbox 360 for a gift, and I will be receiving as a gift a Nintendo DS Lite... Last night at Target, I found 3 Xbox games for like $24.xx each which is only half off, but is still a good price and I picked up one game for my new DS... THEN i also got a 120gb Hard Drive for the 360. It said Orig. $179.xx on sale for $125.xx... so when i was going through my coupons cause i knew i had at least 1 of the $5 off $50 i found out that I had two... and they accepted both... WHOO HOO...

Last week I found 1 MM at one store and 4 MM at another store. It seems it is the same stores that I find them in. I also got four more nativity sets $4.24. I can't believe they didn't change the tag. I went back again and they finally changed it to the correct price. I was out in Orange County on Sun and stopped by a store and they had two nativity sets. The manager said, well, they're all gone - because I bought the two they had - so I don't have to worry about this. I'm wondering when they get another shipment in, the shelf price will still stay $4.24. Who knows.

Yesterday, I picked up three packages of the Boo Bar Mops. Someone must have accidentally put them out. They wouldn't scan. The cashier told me that she didn't think she could sell these because they're salvaged but she would check. She checked with the manager and he said sell it. She said how much. He said 49. So I got the 4 count packages of bar mops for 49 cents.

All of my Targets also have their fall paper goods for 30% off. One of my Targets has the fall candles and kitchen towels at 50% off. I'm hoping it will go to 75%.

The Hanna Montana acoustic guitars were clearanced even more last night. Scored 2 - one for dd and one for dn @ 22.48 each.

Seen for the DS - Puppy Spa Resort clearanced to 13.98 (reg 19.99) and also Swiss Miss packets of hot chocolate marked down to 1.02 per box - not much off but cheaper than the sale I had just done at the grocery store - ugh! There are coupons out there for Swiss Miss from last Sunday's paper.

Edited by threelittlecupcakes
sp

Our store has been marking a ton of things with damaged packaging down for about a month now. Seems life there is more and more every time I go in. They use the long "As Is" tags. Yesterday I picked up a National Geographic Microscope Set for $4.96 (was $19.99). Only thing wrong with it, the label (a sticker) is a little messed up! Never even opened in hard plastic packaging :D

The Hanna Montana acoustic guitars were clearanced even more last night. Scored 2 - one for dd and one for dn @ 22.48 each.

Seen for the DS - Puppy Spa Resort clearanced to 13.98 (reg 19.99) and also Swiss Miss packets of hot chocolate marked down to 1.02 per box - not much off but cheaper than the sale I had just done at the grocery store - ugh! There are coupons out there for Swiss Miss from last Sunday's paper.

Do you have the DCPI# for the hannah montana guitar? DD has been asking for 1, but I don't have the $$ to pay full price for one.