Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I found two grape MM's today.......who knew something so small can make you so happy!!!!:D Not a whole lot else out there though. I did find a few purses for my DD for Christmas, Madden 09 for the DS for 75%, and some Cover Girl Makeup for me for 50% and it was the "bonus packs" that had two items for the price of one in it, so it was a pretty good deal. Can't wait for the after Christmas Clearance to begin!!

... something that I discovered a couple of weeks ago during the whole greeting card bonanza that lasted just a little while. I was getting gift cards as I was checking out to bump up the total on my receipt a bit, and when I brought the used gift cards home, my kids would bug me to play with them. So now, just for fun while I shop at Target since clearance stuff is pretty much a yawner these days, I've been noticing all the neat holiday gift cards Target has. They have some VERY cool gift cards available this time of year. I mean some of them are little games, not to mention just cute pics of santa, elves, polar bears, etc... I don't know if anyone else's kids are like this, but mine love to play with the gift cards when I'm done with them. So, each time I go to Target, I pick some up and just put $5 on them; use them on my next purchase and then give them to my kids to play with. They pretend all kinds of things with them... the cards are hotel keys, tickets to plays, credit cards to put in their little purses... all kinds of things. They love the Christmas pictures on them and some of them are so cool, I'm surprised that Target doesn't charge for them!

Who knew??... such a cheap form of entertainment.:)

Mine collects them - Walmart has cute ones too usually. She keeps them in her duct tape wallet - lol!

I loaded up my cart to the top one time and went to use my 10% off reward that was expiring that day. When I got to the register, I didn't have my Target card with me. They wouldn't let me use another card and I didn't have time to go home to get it and come back that day, so the manager wrote on it to accept it the next day. They did have to put the percentage in manually the day after it expired. You might want to call and ask yours if there was anything they could do if your's expired and your didn't realize it. They might be willing to adjust the sate for you.

THANKS! That's exactly what I wanted to know. It's not a huge issue for me to use it the day it expires next week... it's just that I would have rather waited until Thursday and got to wondering just how particular "the system" was about expire dates on those things. Now I know!!

That was nice of the manager to do that for you. I know I try to plan those runs to stock up on certain things. THere have been times that I've gotten distracted and had a cashier TAKE that card and put it in her drawer with my coupons. UGH. I don't let THAT happen anymore. I like to hit several stores the day I use it. Most cashiers know to give it back, but occasionally some don't and if ya don't watch them, you can walk out the door and forget until you get to the next store and wonder where the heck the card went!

Saw a

### ## ###Tony Hawk BMK bike, green, can't remember the name, for $69.xx, from $99.99

My store had 3, on an endcap in a box, by the vaccums and outer gear. (Not by the bike rack)

I saw these too ... there is a coupon for $10 off a Tony Hawk bike in the toy catalog too :yup:

I seem to remember a long time ago a discussion on here about Shutterfly products on clearance? I am sure they are probably not on clearance now, but is this something Target always carries? If so, what kind of products are they? (I am thinking about something along these lines for a gift). Thanks!

Quick questions:

If I don't have my reciept anymore, but I put it on my Target card will they be able to look it up and return it?

Also when you get the 10% rewards through your target card, how long is it usually good for (does it expire? I am hoping to get one soon and would like to save it for the toy clearance in January) and is it only good at one store or all day?

I'm not sure if this is new or old, so YMMV, but today I found:

### Fisher Price 3 in 1 baby swing for $23.24 030091767

No sticker, just didn't match up to any price tags so I scanned it. Got a nephew coming, so I've got my eyes peeled!

They also had the Halloween Magic 8 ball in the toy dept next to the reg. magic 8 ball - it was out of the system, but they sold it to me for .80

Might be worth a look!

Quick questions:

If I don't have my reciept anymore, but I put it on my Target card will they be able to look it up and return it?

Also when you get the 10% rewards through your target card, how long is it usually good for (does it expire? I am hoping to get one soon and would like to save it for the toy clearance in January) and is it only good at one store or all day?

They can look it up typically but it will still have to be within the return time frame for the product you want to return.

The 10% is usually good for about a bit over a month if I remember correctly. You can use it ONE entire day.

Quick questions:

It has an expiration date on the rewards card. FYI, you get a simultaneous one to use online, so you can also shop there as a separate 10% off transaction. I usually just don't want to pay full price or shipping...

It is good for about a month after you get it. You can only use it for the one day, but as many times you want at as many Target stores as you can find that day. If it comes now, it won't be good for toy clearance. You would need to get it in the mail, probably in late December or Early January to be able to use it. I have one I am saving for Black Friday. I get one every month, and it comes around the 2nd or 3rd, and it is good till the 7th or 8th of the following month.

I found 2 sitting on the shelf next to all the other Little Mommy dolls and scanned it...full price:yuck: I was hoping to get one for my niece as an extra Christmas gift...oh well.

The ones I got scanned full price too. I just took them up to the service desk and asked if they could give me the Halloween clearance price on them and she called a mgr and he said to sell them for 90% off. I got 4 of them.

I found 2 sitting on the shelf next to all the other Little Mommy dolls and scanned it...full price:yuck: I was hoping to get one for my niece as an extra Christmas gift...oh well.

The ones I got scanned full price too. I just took them up to the service desk and asked if they could give me the Halloween clearance price on them and she called a mgr and he said to sell them for 90% off. I got 4 of them.

The store I found it in won't adjust anything, so I didn't bother. maybe I'll find them at another.

Woo Hoo!

Found a MM Apple Juice 10 pack today! Only took me a few weeks from first hearing about them here! I was so excited! I went to scan it and it sure enough was .69! Nothing very good on toy clearance. I did find some jewelry that was marked 50% off, but the sign said 75% off. So, I asked a person on the floor who looked like they may have some authority and she was able to let me take it for 75% off so I picked up some of the exhiliraton costume jewelry for 75% off. Lots of stuff that is one of my good friend's style (lime green, orange, blue) and I was able to get her a few items for under $2 each. I'll put it in a gift basket with the bath and body stuff I grabbed at 75% off a week or 2 ago!

Also wanted to point out the most adorable pink holiday wrapping paper I saw in the one spot. It had penguins on it. They also had the matching tags. I just thought it was the cutest paper and tags.

I did see lots of games on the clearance section in the back of the electronics section (xbox360 and ps3). Also, there is a polaroid display across from the camera section (on an end cap near diapers facing cds). On the bottom section there were digital frames on clearance but still way to high. They were like 10-15% off, marked 89.XX But, they are something to keep an eye on in case they do down further (I hope!)

DS games on clearance.

I picked up:

Zoo hospital for 7.48

Wario something or another lol 7.48 (I knew my son loved anything mario)

High school musical Sp game 7.48

HI

do you mind telling me what store and if they had anymore ds high school musical games?. I am heading to canton tomorrow for mall to hit one of the last disney stores. Thanks:)