Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

The mother load today. My store went 90% and the employees told all of us that they found 12 pallets of Christmas items in a trailer in the back that they had forgot about. There were 12 aisles full of all items and it was mayhem. I had to stop and 2 1/2 baskets full. Lots of wrapping paper, bows, ornaments, bags, boxes, stockings and other decor. Got a couple of little trees and lots of lighted garland too. Grand total was $170.00 for over $1700.00 worth of merchandise. Now where to put it.....

Toys had two aisles, one 30% aisle and one 50% aisle, nothing at 75% yet, employees said that won't be until next week. Happy Shopping!

where do you live?

The mother load today. My store went 90% and the employees told all of us that they found 12 pallets of Christmas items in a trailer in the back that they had forgot about. There were 12 aisles full of all items and it was mayhem. I had to stop and 2 1/2 baskets full. Lots of wrapping paper, bows, ornaments, bags, boxes, stockings and other decor. Got a couple of little trees and lots of lighted garland too. Grand total was $170.00 for over $1700.00 worth of merchandise. Now where to put it.....

Toys had two aisles, one 30% aisle and one 50% aisle, nothing at 75% yet, employees said that won't be until next week. Happy Shopping!

Are you in KC? I witnessed something this morning that I have never seen in the many, many years I have been shopping Target clearance. Oh MY! I went out to a store that I hadn't been to yet (Chipman Road ST). I didn't get there until about 10:30, but they are 90% off TODAY, and they were hauling loads of stuff out from the back. And I mean GOOD stuff. Boxes of Solo plates and cups, Dixie plates, Hefty plates, Kleenex, Vanity Fair napkins. I couldn't believe it. I would have been thrilled to find that stuff for 75% off!!! There were people who had been there since 8 and said they have just been hauling things out since 9 a.m.

I mean there was so much for everyone. I think everybody there got more than they wanted. Others were taking plates sets, beautiful charger sets, comfortor sets. I got a lot of Cranium and travel games, baby bratz. It was like they were stocking the shelves BEFORE Christmas!! It was wildly fun. The only thing better would have been if there would have only been about 6 of us all waiting instead of 40! :yup: Many people who didn't have kiddos with them (unlike me!) had 4 carts full. I could only manage 1 cart with my 2 year old, but I got plenty of stuff.

I don't know of other stores around here that went to 90 today, but if you were going to check Chipman Road tomorrow morning, you might just x that one off your list. Unless they keep hauling stuff out. Someone at checkout said they were done though when I was checking out at 11:30.

I bought $550 worth of stuff for $55.

Are you in KC? I witnessed something this morning that I have never seen in the many, many years I have been shopping Target clearance. Oh MY! I went out to a store that I hadn't been to yet (Chipman Road ST). I didn't get there until about 10:30, but they are 90% off TODAY, and they were hauling loads of stuff out from the back. And I mean GOOD stuff. Boxes of Solo plates and cups, Dixie plates, Hefty plates, Kleenex, Vanity Fair napkins. I couldn't believe it. I would have been thrilled to find that stuff for 75% off!!! There were people who had been there since 8 and said they have just been hauling things out since 9 a.m.

I mean there was so much for everyone. I think everybody there got more than they wanted. Others were taking plates sets, beautiful charger sets, comfortor sets. I got a lot of Cranium and travel games, baby bratz. It was like they were stocking the shelves BEFORE Christmas!! It was wildly fun. The only thing better would have been if there would have only been about 6 of us all waiting instead of 40! :yup: Many people who didn't have kiddos with them (unlike me!) had 4 carts full. I could only manage 1 cart with my 2 year old, but I got plenty of stuff.

I don't know of other stores around here that went to 90 today, but if you were going to check Chipman Road tomorrow morning, you might just x that one off your list. Unless they keep hauling stuff out. Someone at checkout said they were done though when I was checking out at 11:30.

Sounds like massive over ordering? I wonder why they didn't haul this stuff out at 50%, I guess as one posted mentioned they just found it?? I wish ours would have that LOL I would love to get another comforter set, we got two different ones and found one to be so warm and snuggly, love to find another.

The Target at 15 and Frank Scott is 90% and they had the whole back wall + 2 additional aisles. Hit great deals + a few non-Christmas to share:

Tree Skirt- $3.99

4 pk. Marvel Comic ornaments- $0.99

Barbie's - $0.99

Baby Sleeper- $0.99

Replacement light bulbs - $0.07

Cars Ornament - $0.69

63 Christmas Seals- $0.19

3 pk. Planter's Nuts - $0.35 (cashier checked and they gave me 90% off clearance price)

Non-Christmas Clearance

Herbal Essence Conditioner + Bonus gel - $1.75 - $1.00 MFR coupon = $0.75

Also, I noticed our store had:

Eddie Bauer Dual Stroller - $64.98 (orig. $129.00)

Pink Graco Pack and play- $45.00

Fisher Price infant to toddler rockers - $21.98

Dyson Vaccum's - $389 (orig. $459.00 They had 10-12 so hoping these will go down more!)

I believe the Dyson is this one: "Dyson DC14 Drive Vacuum" I will check on the UPC when I go back if anyone wants it.

Sounds like massive over ordering? I wonder why they didn't haul this stuff out at 50%, I guess as one posted mentioned they just found it?? I wish ours would have that LOL I would love to get another comforter set, we got two different ones and found one to be so warm and snuggly, love to find another.

OMG, I know... especially those household paper goods. YIKES. Someone up the Target chain is probably not too happy about that!

Both Pasadena stores went 90% today. They didn't hit 75% the same day, so go figure. I'll be heading out to check out the other stores on my way to my business appointment this morning.

Be sure to check other aisles!!! I found some Christmas toys in the regular toys. I also found some GREAT baskets (the ones I posted pictures of last month) in the aisle where they usually have that kind of stuff. Look for the green or silver tags that indicate Christmas. I got a couple of large ones for $2.99 & 2 smaller ones for $1.99. These will be great to make gift baskets for our preschool fundraiser in a couple of months!!

Also found a few of the Battleship & other games hidden in amongst the regular games.

Finally, I got a Thomas Christmas train (mentioned earlier by another poster) for $2.80.

I'm insanely jealous of you right now! I think I want to quit my job and be a full time Target shopper.

I got a ornament storage bin yesterday at 75% off. Last year it seemed like I scanned those for 2 months after christmas before they marked them down so I dont know for sure. Its the only one I saw tho so maybe they did it all together at our store this year.

Lucky you. I just spent $9 on one of those darn boxes the other day! :no:

I just called two Targets in Tucson (Grant/Tanque Verde and Old Spanish Trail/Harrison). I received vague answers as to when toys would be marked down and when XMas would go 90%. They are both holding strong at 30% off toys and 75% off Christmas.

I know as soon as I cave and buy the VTech for $35, it'll go down in price. Granted, $35 is not a bad deal. I am inclined to think I am going to cave rather than wait.

If they do go down further and they have them in stock, I'll buy one and just return it with the $35 receipt.

The Target in Surprise, AZ hit 90% off this morning. I made out! I got a couple of the travel games, a wreath, garland, a stocking, gift bags, tissue paper and more. I spent $23.xx I was pretty excited.

Also, toys were being marked down to 50% off.

orland and tinley park are both 90% off. crestwood still 75% and chicago 45th & pulaski are still 75%

Thank you. I was going to go to New Lenox, but I don't know what percent they are at so I'll just head to Tinley Park instead. New Lenox didn't have a lot left the last time I was there anyway.

Can anyone tell me what the bratz dolls and the Disney Royal nursery princesses on sale look like? If I know what I'm looking for I might be able to find some in the regular toys like I did with the games and the barbies.:) Thank you

The disney royal nursery gals have candy canes on their package and I believe they double as an ornament.

still 75% off at Oklahoma... however, day 4... new stuff being put out. I got some Bounty Christmas paper towels 2 pk for 74c and some adorable pink snowmen full size flannel sheets for $3.74. Not sure where this stuff is coming from but I had never seen it in the % off section before. I think it will be 90% tomorrow because it went 75% last Saturday

Where in Oklahoma are you?

My mom lives in Broken Arrow so I was wondering if I should send her to check the 71st street Target. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the bratz dolls and the Disney Royal nursery princesses on sale look like? If I know what I'm looking for I might be able to find some in the regular toys like I did with the games and the barbies.:) Thank you

The bratz I got were different from the ones another poster found but the one I got on clearance were hanging on pegs and were ringing up 1.xx something. They were bratz angels but the thing is, they have some with a yellowish background and the ones on clearance were different. They are holiday themed with red and a greenish background (I think that's it) The yellowish colored ones didn't ring up on sale at my store, kind of like the cabbage patch ones......they are the small bratz ones I found, not the barbie sized one.....(babies maybe??) in a small like 4x6 package......

I went to my local target this morning and got there at about 9am. they were marking things down and it was all 90% off! I got:

a sprite(needed to replenish during shopping, lol)

a lil bratz ornament ~ .49 cents

5 little sprouts cabbage patch kids @ 99 cents a piece

6 ft tree for my sister ~ 1.99

2 multi-pack gift boxes ~ .39 cents a piece

1 pack each of clear SOLO red and green holiday plates ~ for .24 cents each

Diamond silverware, 5 packs for .24 cents a pack

Trouble "just in case" game for $1.99, found in with regular toys but thanks to GD, knew it would be on clearance, lol.

Pot of Gold candy for .59 cents a box, bought 6

Philips stay lit lights, clear for .79 cents a box, bought 8

2 packages of Starbucks winter blend coffee, .74 cents each

and a few other things for .24 cents each.

my total was $28.00 and i had a cart full! I actually had to carry some bags in my hands while getting out to my car, lol.

also the other day i found a Rival oven roaster for $8.74, 75% off. This is a xmas gift for my sister for next year. since she doesnt have the use of an oven and therefore cant cook anything in the oven, this will be great for her since it looks like it can just be plugged in and has the heat temps on the front of the roaster.

A little bit away from home today, so I called a Target in this area. 90% off in the Harrisburg, PA area today Friday, Dec. 4.

I'm just south of Harrisburg a half hour and it was still 75 in East York today :(

I did find some AA batteries back near electronics that...well...weren't on clearance or anything, but for a box of 5 "2 packs" (10 batteries) it was cheaper than the ones they have packaged as 10 AA batteries. Why it was cheaper to buy more packaging, I'll never understand! :confused:

90% in WPB, not much to chose from but did get the wrapping paper packs for 1.20 and the folding chair covers for 99cents... toys still between 30 and 50%... waiting for those to go down.. they still had a ton.. my DD5 wanted I play guitar but I refused to buy it at that price.. if it drops lower though I MIGHT think about it!!

amazon has these right now for $35 with free ship

amazon has these right now for $35 with free ship

They're 39.99 right now at target, but if they drop the percent again it may go to 20 something... I may buy at that price... it's one of those things that it's all she wants, but as a mom you know she's going to get it and it's going to be too hard for her so it'll be a bust.... if it's that cheap though I may get it for her bday...