Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I was at the SoCo Target last night & they had next to nothing compared to the Arnold store. Make the extra 5 minute trip & try that store. They always have way better deals. I love the Arnold store not just because its right down the road but there are never as many people there. :)

It is right down the road from me too. I don't know if it was a blessing or curse that it opened. My DM said going to Target is an addiction for my DD and I. Even my DGD drew Target in her favorite thing book at school. lol

We are probably cruising the end caps at the same time. :yup:

Christmas still 75% at my local store. Nothing good left at all. Toys still only 30%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hit it at 75% before things get picked over. I keep checking this thread to see if anybody has seen the toys at 75% yet. I did find some shoes for my girls and my two nephews for $3.24 a pair.

Did anyone happen to buy the Capture brand digital picture frame that is 7inches for Christmas?? They were on clearance tonight and I was wondering the quality. We had to return our Pandigital as it never even worked and they had none left. TIA

how much is it?

I live right by my store too. I live in the neighborhood behind it. I can't believe how much Christmas stuff is left, almost 12 aisles, although they could probably be consolidated. Tons of stuff, they've never had this much in the 3 years I've been 90% shopping. I'm wondering if our store will elect to wait a few days until they go 90...it just seems too good to be true. Going at 8:00am tomorrow just in case though :)

I found the Ballerina Barbies tonight and the Cabbage Patch Lil Sprouts but then was really disappointed when I scanned them and they came up full price. :(

I went out at lunch yesterday and thought I hit the jackpot on some of the toys not in the clearance section! But when I went to scan them, they were full price like you said (this was a different store from where I was the day before) So go figure. I guess I learned not to get too excited till I scan the stuff...

I am so that lady in the old mervyns comercials this morning! :::open,open,open :::: LOL, I am eagerly awaiting hearing from the east coast posters...

ME TOO!!! Come on East Coast shoppers!!!! I'm only an hour behind you, so I have to hurry hurry if today's the day!

Ok My mom was just at one in SE michigan(bless her heart she went to check for me while I get the kids off to school) and still 75% off. I cant believe they would do 90% over the weekend but I guess I will get up early tomorrow to find out.

Thanks for the update! I am in that area too and have a sick 3 year old so I was hoping they would hold off til tomorrow when DH is home.

My sister just called me from Florida and they are 90% where she is. I am going ust in case. I would hate for them to have the 75% signs up and it be 90 and I miss it.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I am betting that it is 90% and they just have not changed the signs, never trust the signs LOL always SCAN!! ok so I am a little excited and I brewed my coffee way to strong this morning LOL :cheesy:

I am so that lady in the old mervyns comercials this morning! :::open,open,open :::: LOL, I am eagerly awaiting hearing from the east coast posters...I even dreamed of Target clearance last night!

oh my, I had a dream about shopping @ Target too:cheesy:- In my dream, I went to Target & it was all 90% off and I had two carts filled with Christmas stuff ..no luck-- I went to Target this morning before work -it's still 75%-

I live right by my store too. I live in the neighborhood behind it. I can't believe how much Christmas stuff is left, almost 12 aisles, although they could probably be consolidated. Tons of stuff, they've never had this much in the 3 years I've been 90% shopping. I'm wondering if our store will elect to wait a few days until they go 90...it just seems too good to be true. Going at 8:00am tomorrow just in case though :)

I think this might be an indication of the economy and peoples lack of extra spending money, because I was thinking the same thing yesterday about the abundance of items @ 75% off. :yup: I will have to make a trip out to check for 90% off in my area.

careful on the launch pads. They only make two versions of it, and 3 sets of keys. Barney and wiggles. Arthur and clifford and thomas and bob the builder.

Honestly if I can find it cheap enough I don't care if there are not a lot of different characters. He loves Elmo so he would be happy with just the base system because I'm pretty sure that one comes with him right?

You might check walmart. mine had the Disney ones for $15.00 and the keys were $3.00 each. They had 3 or 4 different sets of keys.

THANK YOU!! Going to check my Target (to see if I missed any) and hopefully Walmart tonight too. My hubby having the car during the deal is killing my deal findings :mad: I can't go until that night when everything is picked over!!!

It is right down the road from me too. I don't know if it was a blessing or curse that it opened. My DM said going to Target is an addiction for my DD and I. Even my DGD drew Target in her favorite thing book at school. lol

We are probably cruising the end caps at the same time. :yup:

So thats why I havent been finding any good deals lately!! We are there at least a few times a week trying to collect the Disney Cars Die-cast toys for my son!

I went out at lunch yesterday and thought I hit the jackpot on some of the toys not in the clearance section! But when I went to scan them, they were full price like you said (this was a different store from where I was the day before) So go figure. I guess I learned not to get too excited till I scan the stuff...

my experience with this is that some of the smaller stores tend to clear out items that the larger stores are going to keep because they have more space. that might be what you ran into here. I hate it when they ring up full price like that when you are expecting a deal, though! Just gives me a sick feeling because I was so excited!

Ugh! I couldn't see that far up. If it is still there next week or whenever they do the next markdown round, I'll post again.

Sounds great! I will look forward to your post... ;)

Do u think any place will be 90% off, I didn't sleep well thinking of all the things I may miss out on... You are right Madres still has lots of odds and ends in Seasonal, loads of bows, curling ribbon, candy,,,