Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Still 75% in Central FL

FYI: I used the clipless coupon for the coke, cascade and pringles and it only worked on the coke. Cashier was no help:mad:, I didn't have time to get into the whole thing with management:no: besides I will be back for 90%. But I wanted everyone to watch at check out and make sure your coupon works for each item purchased:gdparanoid:.

I actually stopped a lady in the parking lot yesterday to ask her if it had gone to 90 or was still at 75. It was nice to not have to drag two kids out of the car and into the cold to find that out :). I had to go out briefly for something else, so I was in the area, this morning I will just call and check. I did find what I thought was a good deal the day before yesterday. I found the Thomas and Friends Holiday Gift Pack which includes Christmas Thomas, Percy, 2 holiday caboose, 2 trees and a wood storage box that was marked from $40.00 to $19.98. I just took it up to the cashier and siad these other toys ( little pony minty christmas, dora car, etc.) are ringing up %75 off, but this one is still ringing up at %50, will you do a price overide since it is a christmas toy? She did, she took %75 off the $19.98 making it $4.98 and then I used the expired Thomas $5 off coupon making it free...my kids were excited to play with it...only I thought it included some track also..but it does not. I would NEVER have paid $40 for that, but free, yeah, I'll take it. :)

DCPI 7671409803 the box with snowflakes and a ribbon on it.

I saw those peanuts today for $1.74 at one store and full price ($6.99) at another. Go Figure! I had a receipt coupon for $1 off, so that made them quite cheap for 3 cans of nuts.:cheesy:

I tried to buy that same Planters 3 pack at my South County Target and they wouldn't scan on the price scanner. Took it to an associate and he explained that was because they were expired and needed to go back to the mnfctr??:confused: So I asked if I could still buy them because it just sounded weird to me...they clearly are Christmas with the holiday scene and sleigh on them, and he goes, "I wouldn't"...so still not convinced and still wondering what the price was I take it with me to the register..really wanted to use my $1.00 off Target coupon...and the cashier rang it up at regular price of $6.99....I asked her why not ringing up at the then 50% Christmas, and she stated because that was not Christmas..pointed out the holiday scene and sleigh and she stated, "yeah, but these we can take out of the packaging and individually sell them!!! WTH!!!:eek: This was totally wrong and I think she was just talking out of her BLEEP!!!! Anyways, thanks for letting me rant!!! I will still be out there tomorrow to see if they have gone to 90% off here in St. Louis!!! Crazy!!:cheesy:

Still 75% in Central FL

FYI: I used the clipless coupon for the coke, cascade and pringles and it only worked on the coke. Cashier was no help:mad:, I didn't have time to get into the whole thing with management:no: besides I will be back for 90%. But I wanted everyone to watch at check out and make sure your coupon works for each item purchased:gdparanoid:.

Call Customer Service and let them know what happened. Target CS won't know there is a problem with those xkjlkd things unless the consumer calls them and tells them. Every time I get one of those I call and tell them how much I HATE them. They'll keep sending them unless people call and say how much they hate them.

Smocking for Lauren, You super shopper you. I have had to shop via phone with a friend who bought me two of the lighted topiaries,they are so nice. Reg.70 marked down to 17. I had surgery over the holidays so you havent' had any competition from me but my strength is building back up so you other GD shoppers in Opelika move over.

I'll be BACK.(ha ha)

I tried to buy that same Planters 3 pack at my South County Target and they wouldn't scan on the price scanner. Took it to an associate and he explained that was because they were expired and needed to go back to the mnfctr??:confused: So I asked if I could still buy them because it just sounded weird to me...they clearly are Christmas with the holiday scene and sleigh on them, :

Ya know the only place I found them for 75% off was a Super Target. All the "regular stores" do not have them included with the Christmas stuff. Kind of strange. One of the regular stores was stocking an entire end cap with them orange stickered at $3.48 (1/2 price). Kind of bizarre.

They were marking down clearance toys to 50% off this morning. Some went to 75% off. I was able to get the FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229 Here is the link (I don't know how to shorten them.) http://www.target.com/Hasbro-FurReal-Friends-Pony-Butterscotch/dp/B000F2JZKO/sr=1-1/qid=1199375774/ref=sr_1_1/602-5121546-8791013?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Afurreal%20butterscotch&page=1

They were marking down clearance toys to 50% off this morning. Some went to 75% off. I was able to get the FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229 Here is the link (I don't know how to shorten them.) http://www.target.com/Hasbro-FurReal-Friends-Pony-Butterscotch/dp/B000F2JZKO/sr=1-1/qid=1199375774/ref=sr_1_1/602-5121546-8791013?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Afurreal%20butterscotch&page=1

Now that is a deal!!!!!:eyepoppin

Call Customer Service and let them know what happened. Target CS won't know there is a problem with those xkjlkd things unless the consumer calls them and tells them. Every time I get one of those I call and tell them how much I HATE them. They'll keep sending them unless people call and say how much they hate them.

I've had to do that before. It would be great it they worked, but they don't like they should. What's the point? I got one of those $3 coupons for my trouble.

Just at Easton (Columbus OH) store. Their christmas is still 75%. They are still putting out more clearanced toys, which are still marked 30%. However, they still have several of the $1.24 Barbies and they also have a couple of the Just in Case games that were $19.99 for$4.99. They were over in the toys by an endcap in one of those wire racks. They had 1 battleship and 2 trouble left.

I was told by one of the clerks at Target that their food coupons can be used up to 6 weeks after the exp date. I've used them far past the exp date... sometimes you'll get someone that will look at the date and say it's expired, but if you ask them to scan it, it will take it off. I've actually never had one not work and I've used them long after the expiration date.

completely your mileage may vary. i just woudln't use too many at once

Still 75% in Central FL

another issue i have with these is when they say somwthing like $2.00 off the purchase of 2= items (gerber, for example). it always takes off the price of 1 ($1.07) and not the $2.00

You may want to check on it. I saw it half off new year's eve (i believe it was). They had 6 or so, I think they had just gone down.

(St. Louis, MO)

I need to stay home today and get some stuff done but am planning on going back tomorrow. The Target closest to me had about 15 or so when I was in there yesterday.

:tired::tired:

Can someone tell me how to use the target.com website to locate the item in my neighborhood target? I have been trying to figure it out this morning, and am having trouble!!!

Locate the item that you want to find. When you click on it, there should be a tab that says something like Find it at a Local Target. Then you can type in your zip code or city/state and it will show if any are available.

I have found this system to not be 100% fool proof. Sometimes items are in stock and they show out and vice versa.

Good luck! :)

They were marking down clearance toys to 50% off this morning. Some went to 75% off. I was able to get the FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229 Here is the link (I don't know how to shorten them.) http://www.target.com/Hasbro-FurReal...rscotch&page=

WOW! That is a deal!! I will keep an eye out...I did buy Butterscotch for my DD6 and DD3 for Christmas...But yesterday DD3 pushed him down 2 flights of stairs :(...She wanted him to watch TV with her downstairs.....He still seems to be working...But I may getting another...lol... I still dont know how she did it...That horse is heavy!

Locate the item that you want to find. When you click on it, there should be a tab that says something like Find it at a Local Target. Then you can type in your zip code or city/state and it will show if any are available.

I have found this system to not be 100% fool proof. Sometimes items are in stock and they show out and vice versa.

Good luck! :)

u rule! thank u very much!!!

:cheesy:

I'm so jealous :(

are the toys being marked down further ?

Some toys were being marked down further today, but only a few. The Magnetix tubes went to 75%. Some of the games went to 50%. The gal I spoke with who was doing the marking said that only a handful of things were getting the extra markdown.

When I was talking to the markdown lady today we were discussing how things are changing with the way Target does markdowns. She told me flat out that Electronics will no longer be dropping past 50% off. It will be interesting to see if this holds true or not, but it is what she told me.

Some toys were being marked down further today, but only a few. The Magnetix tubes went to 75%. Some of the games went to 50%. The gal I spoke with who was doing the marking said that only a handful of things were getting the extra markdown.

is butterscotch still there? I may jumo in teh car and drive over if u say he is! :eyepoppin

Springs Meadows in Toledo still 75% off christmas. toys 30%. looked around for "christmas" products like baggies, kleenex, nuts but found nothing. they have these round xmas picture frames on an end cap, real cute, still ringing up 4.18 which i believe is only 30% off. didn't have time to argue with anyone but these would have made nice gifts for the girls at the office next year. oh well. i'll keep my eye on them. afraid store will go 90% tomorrow and wont be able to get there til saturday afternoon. might still stop tho.

When I was talking to the markdown lady today we were discussing how things are changing with the way Target does markdowns. She told me flat out that Electronics will no longer be dropping past 50% off. It will be interesting to see if this holds true or not, but it is what she told me

Wow...Did she say why?

I called 10 targets in the area (AZ), 3 of them had a few Butterscotch Ponies but they were only clearanced at $149.98. My husband won't let me buy it for that high, boo hoo!

Just keep watching. It was $149.98 yesterday but the markdown team was just starting to go through the toy section and she said she had just marked it down. It wouldn't hurt to try price checking the SKU numbers in the scanner if you have that type of scanner.

I was there hoping Christmas would be 90% and had no intention to shop for toys.