Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

I just got finished going down the list of their email addresses. I think I got them all, lol, and called. Man, they are not as friendly today as they were last week. Oh, well. Over the weekend I emailed both days and made sure that most of my contacts did too. I hope they choke on their crappy sales this year.

I wonder why they feel the need to do this. I think either the sales are going to be crappy this year and they don't want people to discuss that ahead of time or if there's going to be something really good that they don't want their competitors to copy. The ad does come out officially on the Monday before BF, so we still have some time to plan. I wonder how many GD-ers there are and whether our anger will affect WM's sales or not.

I personally don't care what they do because WM isn't on my BF route, but I don't want other businesses to follow WM's lead.

It's very hypocritical to release something, intentionally or not, and then to get threatening when you see the results of the chain reaction. It reminds me of the adage, where there's a will there's a way. That is, if it leaking out concerned them all that much, then they can figure out themselves how to stop it.

And, they are constantly in the media, so often for doing something that makes some group mad. They have a long history of it. It reminds me of Courtney Love, never getting attention on merit alone, but having to run around doing ridiculous things in order to get it. It works well enough for an individual because it has no ill results for the public, but when a corporation does this, something negative could happen.

And, I read something of Walmart's defense claiming their releases are copywritten with release dates. I would suppose that it to prevent early leaking, yes. But, it's like this: If I compare ads and choose to go somewhere else with my money before Walmart, then I can see how this might disadvantage them. But, really this just means that a.) their sales could have been better, and b.) they are presupposing that I would go there on the mere chance that they could have better sales, if I did not know what their sales would be. Of course this is not true, and I don't know many people who would stand in line at Walmart not knowing exactly what they're standing in line for while other stores are offering things like a free $10 gift card.

It's getting to the point that Walmart does b.s. so often that nobody cares passionately to react negatively anymore. It's corporate corruption at its best.

I sent an email and never received a response back. I called today and got Susan at Sarah Clark's office, who was definitely annoyed that I was another caller about BF. She said they were only reminding them of the legal aspects of the trade secrets and copywrights. I informed her that I thought it was ridiculous and that it only brings Wal-Mart more publicity and that I may not be shopping there this year at all if the ad is posted and they follow through. She said she would pass this on, but I kind of got the feeling she may be tired of doing that.

I am very disappointed in WM for this..... and everyone is right- their ad last year was terrible. I sent them an email. I have already been trying to avoid the WM closest to me- it is so dirty and yucky already. Definitely will be looking elsewhere this year!

I, too, sent an e-mail. I wish they would realize A LOT the customer base for Black Friday is one that enjoys making a plan way before the actual day. Wal-Mart doesn't HAVE to be part of my shopping day - especially since MOST of the items on deep discount that day are cheaper Chinese products that run a higher risk of breaking quickly. (Or have lead! Geez!)

I have tried for years to get Wally World to send me an ad. But they tell me they don't send ads to my area, which is kind of funny since my sister in law lives two miles away in the same town and she gets it mailed to her.

These people are crazy and out of their minds. I am sure Mr Walton is spinning in his grave right now. Ever since he passed away these people are getting goofy. First the layaway, now this. I say the heck with these people, I will shop else where. Besides most of their "good deals" are the crap the other stores won't sell.

I have tried for years to get Wally World to send me an ad. But they tell me they don't send ads to my area, which is kind of funny since my sister in law lives two miles away in the same town and she gets it mailed to her.

Same thing with us. We have lived in the same general area for over 7 years, yet we have never received a Wal-Mart Ad in the mail or in the newspaper. We never shopped there on BF, because we didn't know about their sales. I mention this in my emails to them, even being told to come into the store for one after they came out. (To late for that, as I will be in the stores were I was able to see an ad and plan.)

I also advised them that since finding their leaked ad online that I have shopped there on BF.

I emailed....

I do not appreciate reading that you're threatening legal action to sites that post your black-friday ad. For a store who claims to value your customers you treat us quite poorly. The prices are low, and so is the level of respect we get from corporate and staff. You no longer honor the shelf price - even when the error is clearly yours, you do not price match your own website, you do not deliver ads to my house, and you threaten 1 man operations who try to help shoppers like me!

I travel during the thanksgiving holiday and have to have a black friday plan in place long before that week. If you will not release the ad legally through sites such as this, you will lose my business. I not only shop for my family, I help organize other shoppers black friday plans through diligent research.

I hope Best Buy, Kmart, and Target all chip in to buy you a thank you present for driving your customers away.

In addition - your feedback form chokes on submission.

One thing about phone calls: everytime you call on a 1-800 number, you are costing Wal-Mart money. That is the only thing they understand.

I'm guessing they pay a flat rate for their phone numbers.

The real usefullness of the calls is for whomever answers them to tell their superior about them, and hopefully word spreads to those in charge.

I'm guessing they pay a flat rate for their phone numbers.

The real usefullness of the calls is for whomever answers them to tell their superior about them, and hopefully word spreads to those in charge.

Flat rate 800 numbers only work within a LATA (local access and transport area), meaning that most calls to an 800 number will generate some type of toll, even if it is only pennies a minute.

My last call to WM resulted in a 7 minute hold and me being read a "copyright infringement notice" type document once I mentioned Black Friday. That seems to be the key to their call database now (used by operators to answer questions). She was confused for a time when I mentioned only gottadeal.com. Just some friendly pointers. :D

can someone compile the list of direct emails, names and phone #'s? I can't bring myself to go thru the 14 pages for it...

Can do, and now done: (I will see if Brad will add this to the 1st post in the thread.

1-800-WAL-MART

Media Relations 1-800-331-0085

Not Sure 1-479-273-4000

Sarah Clark 1-479-273-8771 [email protected]

Carol Schumacher 1-479-277-1498

Anthony Clark 1-479-277-9558

Legal Line 1-479-273-4505

Customers Relations 1-800-925-6278

Media Relations

Shannon E. Frederick 1-479-277-7584

Tara Raddohl 1-479-277-7589 [email protected]

Tara Stewart 1-479-273-4314 [email protected]

Snail Mail

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Thanks to Patty for putting the list together :)

Phone Numbers:

Customers Relations: 1-800-WAL-MART

Corporate HQ: 1-479-273-4000

Sarah Clark: 1-479-273-8771

Carol Schumacher: 1-479-277-1498

Anthony Clark: 1-479-277-9558

Legal Line: 1-479-273-4505

Media Relations:

General Number: 1-800-331-0085

Shannon E. Frederick: 1-479-277-7584

Tara Raddohl: 1-479-277-7589

Tara Stewart: 1-479-273-4314

E-Mail Addresses:

Sarah Clark: [email protected]

Tara Raddohl: [email protected]

Tara Stewart: [email protected]

Corporate Site E-Mail Feedback Form

Snail Mail:

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

I'll try to re-post this list at least once on each page of the thread from now on to make it easier to find.

And keep calling!!! :D