Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

Wow! Good for your hubby! What a great idea too! The leaked ads could certainly be used to their advantage if they worked it right.

Thanks!

DH is one that says complaining is okay, but even better when you offer ideas or solutions, so he offers ideas whenever he complains.

He used to irk me. Every time I would complain to him, he would ask me about solution(s). Now when I complain to him I have a solution ready for him. Well most of the time lol.

:holiday08

My neighbor just asked me about any leaks, and I told her what was happening with WalMart. She is on her way to call as well.

I just called this number.

Customers Relations

1-800-925-6278

The woman I spoke with apologized but she was not familiar with the situation. She placed me on hold and when she came back, she stated they have been receiving a large number of calls, but they don't have an official response.

I filed a complaint on their web site. Said that If they proceed with this, then I wouldn't shop Walmart on BF or anytime this holiday season. I might not anyway, but at least it gives the impression that there are direct negative consequences.

So Brad, maybe the best GottaDeal response to Walmart is to say, "Sure, you don't want us to print your ad, we won't...and we'll tell all our members that you don't want THEIR business." :yuck:

This is crazy!!!

ok, first, if their ad is leaked, shouldn't they focus their 'legal action' to those who leaked it???? not the one who receives the info and shares it? And I agree, if this threat goes through, just post the text version and make the prices $10**, that way you aren't sharing pictures, actual prices or copywrited ads

second...is it possible that THIS IS wally's way of drumming up publicity ahead of time and it's possibly NOT going the way they intended?? Maybe they made the veiled threat (email? comeon!) with the idea that everyone would be talking about it and only making the desire for teh early ad that more anxious...however, we, rightly, have decided to let them know just how wrong they are...

I dunno...I'm calling...I don't think they realize just how much GD works FOR them!

Besides, if they don't want us knowing about gosh-awful robe and Garth Brooks deals, MAKE GOOD DEALS THEN!!!!

And yes, I agree with the previous poster about this coming at a really bad time since it's their first holiday season without lay-away...

Poor Sam Walmart...I bet he'd be sooo upset over the way his dream has turned out

Okay, I called the customer relation number above and had to hold forever. Finally I spoke with Dana who said she had no idea what was going on and that she would research the problem for me, on hold again, then finally came back and said they have no further information on this subject at this time but she would document the call.

ok, got voice mail but left my lengthy, but polite message

I explained how GD works FOR them, not against and how we ALL read ALL the ads and plan our shopping and for most people, WM is at the TOP of their lists. However, if the ads don't come out early, or if they procede with legal action against GD, they won't even be at the bottom of my list

I also mentioned that this is their first year without layaway and how they always promise that their customers come first, but they are proving themselves wrong...and that we don't want more robes and Garth Brooks....ugh

I left my phone number...we'll see if I get a call back as I politely indicated that I'd be more than happy to discuss this with someone

I emailed and called as well. I spent several thousand dollars last year at walmart at Christmas time as well as my usual $200 plus every week. If they don' drop this threat my money will go to Super Target instead. On with the walmart boycott!!!!!!:mad:

I already try to shop there as little as possible.I would use their ad to get it somewhere else if possible anyway such as pricematching.I can get things cheaper at other stores lots of times as they never really run a sale anymore.For a company that has so much money you would think they could pay them a little better and not terminate so many people.They are like all the other big companies or worse.I think they are sick to raise such a stink about this as all the stores will be full that day anyway and the ads are only good that day anyway and other stores will honor it anyway so we can go where we want no matter what day we see it.I will try to e-mail them and call.

I have a relative who is a manager at our local wal-mart - he/she has had a look at the actual black friday AD but did not tell me any exact items that would be on sale, saying only that it is about on par with the AD they have had over the past couple of years - which I took as being suck-worthy.

So perhaps, as others have mentioned, this might be the reason wal-mart is so paranoid, maybe the AD really is a dog.

Anyhow, as wally world is being such jerks about their AD, my wife and I have decided to not shop at WM >>>EVER AGAIN!<<< from now on, it's ShopKo, Target and Best Buy!!!

BTW, my relative, the WM manager, says that the suits in Bentonville Arkansas (WM HQ) are a little worried about how they will perform this shopping season. he/she had to go there for a get-together with other management people, and said that there is a tone of urgency among the corporate folks.

Guest mldepalma

I have a relative who is a manager at our local wal-mart - he/she has had a look at the actual black friday AD but did not tell me any exact items that would be on sale, saying only that it is about on par with the AD they have had over the past couple of years - which I took as being suck-worthy.

Ok, I spit out my coffee reading that!! I'm assuming you are protecting his/her identity, but it sorta sounds like your not sure of his/her sex.... HA HA HA! Thanks for the laugh!

Here is what I sent Walmart today:

I am extremely upset that Walmart's attorneys saw fit to send an email "advising" the forum owner of www.gottadeal.com that if the black friday ad was "leaked" that they would consider legal action. This is absurd. Not only do you get free advertisement and make extra sales by everyone discussing and getting excited about black friday, you also make customers happy that we see the ad early. Should the ad NOT get leaked due to your undue pressure on the owners and/or moderators of gottadeal, AND/OR if it is leaked and you choose legal action, please let this email become your advance warning that the next time your management in my local store is rude to me, the next time prices ring up 20 cents more than the shelf price, and especially the next time I have coupons and I have an embarrassing hassle trying to redeem them that I will most definitely consider legal action against your corporation.

I will go further to say that when I use my debit card, credit card, or a personal check and your cashier's "leak" my name by mentioning it aloud that I will have no choice but to have my attorney contact you and consider legal action.

If you want all of the thousands of members of gottadeal, along with the gottadeal black friday guests, and all of their combined families and friends to boycott Walmart on black friday and perhaps beyond, that is your choice. However if you want to ensure you keep those thousands and thousands of customers we would like to see an immediate and public retraction of your threats against gottadeal.

I am extremely upset that Walmart's attorneys saw fit to send an email "advising" the forum owner of www.gottadeal.com that if the black friday ad was "leaked" that they would consider legal action. This is absurd. Not only do you get free advertisement and make extra sales by everyone discussing and getting excited about black friday, you also make customers happy that we see the ad early. Should the ad NOT get leaked due to your undue pressure on the owners and/or moderators of gottadeal, AND/OR if it is leaked and you choose legal action, please let this email become your advance warning that the next time your management in my local store is rude to me, the next time prices ring up 20 cents more than the shelf price, and especially the next time I have coupons and I have an embarrassing hassle trying to redeem them that I will most definitely consider legal action against your corporation.

I will go further to say that when I use my debit card, credit card, or a personal check and your cashier's "leak" my name by mentioning it aloud that I will have no choice but to have my attorney contact you and consider legal action.

If you want all of the thousands of members of gottadeal, along with the gottadeal black friday guests, and all of their combined families and friends to boycott Walmart on black friday and perhaps beyond, that is your choice. However if you want to ensure you keep those thousands and thousands of customers we would like to see an immediate and public retraction of your threats against gottadeal.

That was so perfect! Can I copy and paste and send that too? Maybe the more they hear all those topics they will wake up! LOL

WOW very good letter! I agree with you could of not said it better myself:yup: ;)