Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

Sent my feed back as well. I am with alot of you I can not put my game plan together the night b4 we have five houses to do on Thanksgiving day and then get the kids to bed, it would be midnight b4 I could sit down to look at thoses sale papers and then comb through each one and be up at 4 am to go shopping for 18 hours and get up to shop for another 12 hours on Saturday. I dont think so.

WM is accusing us of doing what THEY do each and every year. They benefit from the early release of competitors ads. What about the flyers that have been given out the past 2 years undercutting other stores? What a double standard. Target, here I come!!!

Brad,

I just got this response from the e-mail I sent to John Simley

So that is the correct e-mail address. Good.

Also, please read the article closely - some quotes are from him and some are from the industry analyst guy.

So that is the correct e-mail address. Good.

Also, please read the article closely - some quotes are from him and some are from the industry analyst guy.

Brad I have just sent you a PM about the second e-mail that I just got.

Colleen,

Thanks for that. Erica Ogg, whom I spoke with yesterday, omitted something very important from her story, which is that trading in this material is a violation of federal laws. All we're doing is reminding the websites that they need to follow the law. I'll call Erica and query her about that.

The second item, I can't access. It gives me a message that says, "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address." Apparently, Gottadeal doesn't want us to see what it is telling you.

-j.

here is what i just sent to them:

You people are out of control. I can't even get wal mart to send me an ad at all. so how else am i going to know if i want to make your store the first one i go to. maybe if you sent out your ads or maybe put them in the paper for that day you wouldnt be getting so much flack. pull back a little, doesnt this country have enough problems in its judicial system with all the petty lawsuits, now you have to threaten one too. simply pathetic.

Brad- I just emailed everyone on your list, this one came back though with this message

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following

addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:

161.165.225.20 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 Mailbox unavailable or access denied -

<[email protected]>

Giving up on 161.165.225.20.

Brad- I just emailed everyone on your list, this one came back though with this message

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following

addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:

161.165.225.20 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 Mailbox unavailable or access denied -

Giving up on 161.165.225.20.

I think it's supposed to be Stewart, not Steward.

here is what i just sent to them:

You people are out of control. I can't even get wal mart to send me an ad at all. so how else am i going to know if i want to make your store the first one i go to. maybe if you sent out your ads or maybe put them in the paper for that day you wouldnt be getting so much flack. pull back a little, doesnt this country have enough problems in its judicial system with all the petty lawsuits, now you have to threaten one too. simply pathetic.

:gdyeahthat:

Great one!

Brad,

I tried to PM you but I havent posted enough to PM people. I worked at WM home office for 4 years. I just thought I would add the street address for your snail mail.

702 SW8th St

Bentonville AR

ONLY 7 EMAILS?! Well, bless his li'l pea-pickin' heart. Sounds like somebody needs some attention. LET 'ER RIP!

Yeah, who here actually believes that? With his e-mail address posted here as well as on the main BF site which gets much more traffic than the forum does. I find that very hard to believe.

Like heavenlysshine said, feel free to give him some more attention: [email protected] :yay:

I just sent an email as well.

Mine started off with...

"You're a mean one,Black Friday Grinch"

LOL

Probably wont even be read, but sheesh thats how I feel!

Im calling now!

I love it!!!

Mine has.... "Making my list, checking it twice..."

Another tip:

Make your e-mail subjects sound business-like. He works in the media relations department, so make it sound like you want to interview him or need a comment on something (even something unrelated to this issue) and then he'll read it thinking it's legit and then you can tell him what you really think :P

Hubby is so mad, because he calls and requests supervisors to call back and no one has called yet. I told him they are most likely making a plan of action or too busy to call. I told him to send an email requesting an interview.

He hasn't decided what topic just yet. Thanks for the idea!

What About A Link To Another Website That Is Not Gottadeal (call It Bradspage.com). "technically" It's Not Published On Gottadeal.com.... :D

Don't worry, for those who want to see the ad early, you'll be able to. If it's not posted on GD, there will be literally hundreds of other places to see it, and it will be up to WM to find each and every little web site, forum, blog, etc... and send their lawyers after 'em.

Believe me, people who up until now had no idea what Black Friday even was will now be posting the ad around just because WM says not to. This is going to backfire for them so badly, and we'll all be here to laugh at them when it does :cool:

Another tip:

Make your e-mail subjects sound business-like. He works in the media relations department, so make it sound like you want to interview him or need a comment on something (even something unrelated to this issue) and then he'll read it thinking it's legit and then you can tell him what you really think :P

In my e-mail I have put in the subject box "what are you doing?" and I got an e-mail back.

Don't worry, for those who want to see the ad early, you'll be able to. If it's not posted on GD, there will be literally hundreds of other places to see it, and it will be up to WM to find each an every little site, forum, blog, etc... and send their lawyers after 'em.

Believe me, people who up until now had no idea what Black Friday even was will now be posting the ad around just because WM says not to. This is going to backfire for them so badly, and we'll all be here to laugh at them when it does :cool:

:yup: That will be nice!:yup: