Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Keep your eyes open for the Scotch tape--I found single rolls of tape for .54 and the 4-roll packs for .74. It was in the aisle with the gift wrap. Our store also had tons of candy--I bought a lot of Hershey Kisses, Ghirardelli squares, and M&M's. Also found a couple of twin size flannel comforters for my kids' beds for 9.99, and one pack of flannel twin sheets for 4.99. The Toll House ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookies and brownies were also marked down. There was tons of gift wrap at my store, so I may go back and check that out when it goes to 90%.

Called the Target near my house in Knoxville, TN and they told me it was 75% off, so me and my wife headed there and when we got there all of the signs still said 50% off, so we scanned a few items and everything was still showing only 50% off, so we asked a sales person and she said everything was 75% off. We loaded up the cart and headed to the check out and the lines were very long. The reason was the cashiers were having to take an additional 50% off of the way the items rung up to get it to 75%. Needless to say it was a nightmare to get out of there. Talked to the lady ringing up our stuff and she was nice but a little upset that she had to manually change everything (rightfully so). She told us that everything was set to go 75% off tomorrow but somehow an employee made a mistake and started the sale today instead. Don't know if the other stores here are 50% off or not, but the Clinton Hwy store is.

wow I am amazed they went along with it, if their registers etc were stating another wise...eek that would be a nightmare for the cashiers.

My sister and I went right as they open. We went to Northwood and over to Glenbrook.

Yes we are both from Fort Wayne

I did the same but I turned the wrong way on Stellhorn. So I ended up close to 469. Then realized I needed to turn around. It is frustrating not knowing this place since I am just visiting. Urg. But the Glenbrook store has been really nice to me when I have asked questions. The Northwood store hasn't really been that nice on the phone or in person.

I spent entirely too much money today!! YIKES!! My store in TN was 75% off, Chattanooga. I spent almost $200!! They had the pre-boxed gifts for 75% off as well. This was the lantern/TV sets, keychains, etc. Grabbed several of those items. Got a 7' pre-lit tree for $43, regular $170. I hope it works, as they said no returns. I was hoping the toys would be marked down further, but they are still 30%. I am looking to get the IM-Me, so if anyone sees that marked to at least 50%, let me know, PLEASE!! I will pay $35, but $45 is still a little high for me.

Keep your eyes open for the Scotch tape--I found single rolls of tape for .54 and the 4-roll packs for .74.

I have been looking for the tape, out of 3 stores, I found 4 rolls, here is the UPC for the single rolls, 051131855410 this might help anyone else looking. The 4 I found were in the Christmas section but there also regular rolls of scotch tape mixed in w/them so I had to scan them to figure out which one was on sale. ;)

Also, for any Oklahoma people on the board who are wondering, OKC South, OKC North and Norman all went 75% today.

OKC South restocked some Christmas items today, so there is a decent selection left.

OKC North had a lot of the red boxed gift sets left.

Norman store seemed to have the most candy and cookies.

And to the person looking for the Armor-all gift sets, I have seen them today in the regular auto section of the store, you might check that part of your store also. :)

HTH someone

UGH! Which stores in KC? I wish I didn't have an hours drive but I'm going to start heading there.

I went to Stanly at 151st, State Line Super, Ward Pkwy and Mission. I scored 11 of the Armor All car packs. I was so excited. My husband goes through that stuff like crazy and there weren't hardly any left at ANY of the stores. Then I went to the Ward Pkwy store and they had a ton. They come in a really nice wood box too. I told him he had to share the boxes with me! He doesn't care. He is just after what's inside for his precious cars. They were $6.24. He says that is about what you'd pay for ONE bottle of all the stuff inside. GOOD DEAL!

I came across the coolest cashier today. I was buying those car kits for DH and we were talking about cars as he was ringing everything through. it was very quiet early this morning and I was the only one in line. I had 3 Christmas Barbies and he couldn't get one to ring through, so he just threw it in the bag. I also had 2 My Little Pony tubes, which were ringing up $6.99!! (They were wearing Santa hats for goodness sakes!) I pointed it out to him and he just changed them right there to $1.75.

It was very quiet at the stores this morning. I suppose, if anyone doesn't follow this forum and just went by what Target did LAST year, than they were expecting things to go either tomorrow or Tuesday. The aisles were very quiet until my LAST Target stop, which was at about 10 am. Then it got kind of crowded. I did 4 Targets in 3 hours. I was on a mission cause we had guests coming over for lunch. Thank goodness there are so many stores close to where I live.

was the first in our Target with DD...had the pick of everything. I bought every multi pack of gift bags (the larger bags) so I was happyyyyyy. PJ's were already gone- workers got em first. Asked when 90% off and workers said not until next week (yeah right). Went back this afternoon...OMG it was a nightmare- some old lady was yelling at a stockperson to make room in the aisles.

I came across the coolest cashier today. I was buying those car kits for DH and we were talking about cars as he was ringing everything through. it was very quiet early this morning and I was the only one in line. I had 3 Christmas Barbies and he couldn't get one to ring through, so he just threw it in the bag. I also had 2 My Little Pony tubes, which were ringing up $6.99!! (They were wearing Santa hats for goodness sakes!) I pointed it out to him and he just changed them right there to $1.75.

It was very quiet at the stores this morning. I suppose, if anyone doesn't follow this forum and just went by what Target did LAST year, than they were expecting things to go either tomorrow or Tuesday. The aisles were very quiet until my LAST Target stop, which was at about 10 am. Then it got kind of crowded. I did 4 Targets in 3 hours. I was on a mission cause we had guests coming over for lunch. Thank goodness there are so many stores close to where I live.

Very awesome! You are quite lucky!

Cedar Rapids Iowa

South side Target - 75% Off Christmas - No additional clearance done on toys yet

North Side - 50% Off Christmas still - No additional clearance done on toys yet

The My Little Pony sets were still scanning full price.

I searched HIGH & LOW for the Playdough sets - NONE found

Walked out of both Targets without buying a thing. :(

Cedar Rapids Iowa

South side Target - 75% Off Christmas - No additional clearance done on toys yet

North Side - 50% Off Christmas still - No additional clearance done on toys yet

The My Little Pony sets were still scanning full price.

I searched HIGH & LOW for the Playdough sets - NONE found

Walked out of both Targets without buying a thing. :(

I found 3 playdoh sets at 1 of the targets in Fort Wayne, IN. The lady was pulling a lot of the clearance off the toy shelves and putting the stuff in these big red flatbed carts. She said I was welcomed to look through it. I found 3 bags that way.

I went over to the Stanley store right after the first post. I have no idea why the Super Target in Olathe is still 50% but I am so happy you posted about Stanley since that is only 10 minutes away from me also :) I was able to get the last holographic train which was the main thing I wanted. I am really glad I got the Polar Bears at 50% off because they didn't have any at the S. Olathe Target, the Stanley, or the Olathe Super Target. I don't like driving all over town and really prefer to stay close to home and off the highway so all in all I am happy with my purchases. I also got a fiber optic tree, a fiber optic santa, a couple of stocking holders, a few boxes of ornaments, some garland lights, 4 rolls of wrapping paper, a cute Santa candle, got lucky and found some 4 packs of the gift wrap tape and one pop up tape, a couple of t's for my dd - all for $80 which is what I would have spent for the train set full price!!

The one thing I hate about clearance though is that I tend to overspend on stuff I don't really need but that I can't resist at 75% off. I think I did pretty good restocking and only getting a few "new" items.

I will probably still go to the Olathe Super Target tomorrow, LOL. I wasn't impressed with the selection of wrapping paper and will probably also pick up a couple of stockings to replace some of the babyish ones we have now.

Newark, Ohio 50%

Someone called while I was there asking if it was still 50% and the salesman acted po'd about it, saying, "Just tell them it's 50% off and I have NO IDEA when it will be 75%" Very rude. Of course, they probably get tons of those calls a day LOL

I got:

4 gold/sliver accented garland $1.49 each

Tons of new ornaments (My new puppy had fun with over half of mine) all under $1

Big bag of snickers $.74

Hersheys Kisses w/ caramel .19 (after .50 coupon from Target.com)

Wreath $7 (HUGE and absolutely gorgeous- grabbed off a cart an employee was bringing out from the back room)

Nestle tollhouse white christmas chocolate chips .24

Gift bags (solid colors to use for birthdays this year) .24 each

tissue paper .19 each

tinsel .12 each

big books of gummi lifesavers .74 each

Book light $1.25

Probably forgot some stuff, but needed all of it! Bring on 75% at Walmart now. haha

So I was looking at my receipt from Target and realized something has horribly went wrong

I purchase the holiday plastic clear cups. I assumed they are 75% off.

My receipt says I purchased 3 @ 6.99. Doesn't that seem horribly wrong. This means a package of cups would of been like 28 bucks. I would assume this was suppose to be 75% off.

I can return this right? Or will they take the 75% off of it?