Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

So I was looking at my receipt from Target and realized something has horribly went wrong

I purchase the holiday plastic clear cups. I assumed they are 75% off.

My receipt says I purchased 3 @ 6.99. Doesn't that seem horribly wrong. This means a package of cups would of been like 28 bucks. I would assume this was suppose to be 75% off.

I can return this right? Or will they take the 75% off of it?

Here is the DCPI number -- 240-05-0006

I can't wait til the items went 90% off..does anyone know when is it?? According to the clearance markdown it should be this tuesday. Can anyone confirm that?

I wrote down our schedule for the last few years and we went 75% off on the 31st and 90% on the 6th? We are still 50% and think we will be 75 tomorrow but I think every store is varying but for the last few years its been 7 days in between but some may clear out earlier.

So I was looking at my receipt from Target and realized something has horribly went wrong

My receipt says I purchased 3 @ 6.99. Doesn't that seem horribly wrong. This means a package of cups would of been like 28 bucks. I would assume this was suppose to be 75% off.

I think if you take them back and tell them you bought this in the 75% off stuff, they should be able to see from your receipt, you could return them or they might go ahead and take the 75% off for you. I have done that in the past where things were missed by the computer. Usually things like partyware, etc are where it messes up. I have even seen obvious Christmas stuff missed and usually the cashier catches that and adjusts it.

i really wanted the amor-all gift pack but none left :( If anyone in Orlando sees any please let me know, or buy it for me and I will give you a few extra bucks for your trouble! My new car will thank you for it.

I didn't find it with the Christmas stuff....when I wandered over to the automotive area, I found the Armor-All gift pack sitting with some others. The sign said 30% off, but when I scanned the Armor-All, it came up $6.24 (75%) off.

I also found Dixie plates with snowflakes on them in the paper product aisle. 24 pack reg. $2.69...they scanned for $.62 a pack.

Cedar Rapids Iowa

South side Target - 75% Off Christmas - No additional clearance done on toys yet

North Side - 50% Off Christmas still - No additional clearance done on toys yet

The My Little Pony sets were still scanning full price.

I searched HIGH & LOW for the Playdough sets - NONE found

Walked out of both Targets without buying a thing. :(

Wisconsin Targets are 75% off, I took the My Little Pony sets to the front and stated that they were in the Christmas stuff marked 75% and they gave them to me for $1.75

I didn't find it with the Christmas stuff....when I wandered over to the automotive area, I found the Armor-All gift pack sitting with some others. The sign said 30% off, but when I scanned the Armor-All, it came up $6.24 (75%) off.

I also found Dixie plates with snowflakes on them in the paper product aisle. 24 pack reg. $2.69...they scanned for $.62 a pack.[/quote

yes i looked in auto as well. i am going out now ti try another store. thanks!

I am in MA. Swansea to be exeact!! Not too far away!

I have been to the Swansea Mall many times in the past. I also use to like the Building 19

on Route 6 (closed now right?). I take route 118 all the way to Swansea (the scenic route)

Small World, huh? Good to meet you:p

Just got back from Super Target in North Naples, FL and everything was 75%. There was PLENTY of stuff left.. including a good amount of trees. I bought a 7.5 ft. tree, a TON of ornaments (boxed glass sets and individual) and 3 rolls of wrapping paper all for about $57! Amazing amazing deals.

Take them back right away. They can see by your receipt when you bought them. If they argue, make a fuss.

N.E Ohio 75% off.

Good thing DH took a nap after the game. My car was full. Large Baskets, games, barbies, plates,zip lock & rubbermaid food storage containers, candy, cookies,red box items....... He was so happy when Christmas came to finally have my last stash of gifts go out of the house, I don't have the heart to tell him I'm bringing more back in & I'm still waiting for 90%!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL:gdcheers:

The thing with Christmas clearance is that stuff gets scattered all over the store. People drag anything with a snowflake or penguin on it to the scanner in hopes that it is 75% off. So lots of stuff ends up where it's not supposed to be. I find that it's always best to catch it at the register. If you return the cups, they might give you the discount. It all depends on the cashier (and whether or not they were supposed to be Christmas or not).

Today I had good luck with getting them to change prices on things that (to me) were quite obviously Christmas. Care Bear plush dressed like reindeer and an elf that were ringing up $3.48! The Littlest Pet Shop advent calendar ringing up $6.98 and the Little Pony with the santa hat. I was able to get all of them for 75% off. I just asked, which is about all you can do. The cashiers were very generous with their price overrides. Stores were busy and they just wanted to get ya through the line.

The thing with Christmas clearance is that stuff gets scattered all over the store. People drag anything with a snowflake or penguin on it to the scanner in hopes that it is 75% off. So lots of stuff ends up where it's not supposed to be. I find that it's always best to catch it at the register. If you return the cups, they might give you the discount. It all depends on the cashier (and whether or not they were supposed to be Christmas or not).

Today I had good luck with getting them to change prices on things that (to me) were quite obviously Christmas. Care Bear plush dressed like reindeer and an elf that were ringing up $3.48! The Littlest Pet Shop advent calendar ringing up $6.98 and the Little Pony with the santa hat. I was able to get all of them for 75% off. I just asked, which is about all you can do. The cashiers were very generous with their price overrides. Stores were busy and they just wanted to get ya through the line.

Oooh you were lucky on the advent calendar. That one is considered a "toy." Last year they had the Thomas Christmas trains like that, and this year the wooden Thomas Christmas set is still considered a "toy" rather than Christmas. I did, however, force them to give me the Breyer Mini Whinnies & Transformers Legends ones at 75% off. I was only able to do that at the store where they still had the original section in tact because it showed that they had a shelf tag in the Christmas section for them. They were ringing up full price.

Okay, so in KC.... the Olathe Super Target and Shawnee Mission Super Target DID NOT go to 75% today? These stores were for sure 75% TODAY: Stanly, State Line Super, Ward Pkwy, OP Super (119th and Metcalf), Mission (Shawnee Miss Pkwy and Metcalf), and Oak Park. I just figured everyone went today in KC. GUESS NOT! More shopping tomorrow maybe?!

Does anyone know if the Speedway store went to 75% today?

I just went to the Target near me and everything was 75% off. They were definately running low....lots of lights left but oraments were scarce and wrapping paper ...gone

Really!? We ALWAYS have TONS of wrapping paper and bows left at our stores when they hit 90% off. I am waiting till then to get them. I just refuse to pay more.

One more thing... I just got back from the Overland Park Super Target and found some neat Smith and Hawkin wood ducks, some urns, and other very NON christmasy items. NOTHING in that aisle had a sign on it. The only reason that I even thought to check the ducks was because they had a cute red ribbon around their neck, which I will take off. They are very cute. I got the whole set (4, I think) in different poses. Mommy, daddy and 2 babies. Plan to use them in our screened in porch.

Also got lots of scrapbooking items in the scrapbooking aisle. But, be very careful... many of the embellishments that even looked Christmasy rang up full price. I just said, "no thanks" to the cashier, but she said oh no, I'll change them for you and I had a lot of them too, so I was very surprised. I told her... "really? that's okay. I don't need to have them," but she said "ya, these are definitely Christmas!" I got lucky, but you might want to watch closely on scrapbooking stuff.

Okay, so in KC.... the Olathe Super Target and Shawnee Mission Super Target DID NOT go to 75% today? These stores were for sure 75% TODAY: Stanly, State Line Super, Ward Pkwy, OP Super (119th and Metcalf), Mission (Shawnee Miss Pkwy and Metcalf), and Oak Park. I just figured everyone went today in KC. GUESS NOT! More shopping tomorrow maybe?!

Does anyone know if the Speedway store went to 75% today?

I know as of opening this morning the Olathe Super Target was not 75% - I even scanned some items and they were still ringing up 50% off. That was at 8:30 am.

I am doubtful about the speedway - it seems that they have been a little bit behind on their markdowns - or at least last year they were. Not sure about this year. I was out there when I bought my Polar bears and their department looked about the same as the Stanley store.

I may be wrong, but haven't some of you been at a store late in the day and prices changed. I don't mean weekly markdown stuff but holiday stuff. There's something I really want at one of the ST's and I have to work tomorrow so there's no way it'll be there tomorrow. I was hoping...maybe (very wishful thinking) that maybe if I went late before they close then possibly the prices may have changed. Has this happened to anyone??

The south county Target in MO had 75% off all Christmas today. They still had quite a bit left. Got a lot of stocking stuffers and dollar spot stuff for 25 cents. Also, they had Holiday Funfetti cake mix (the white stuff with red and green chips in it) included in the 75% off so it was $0.24 per box! Great deal....no one in my family will care that they are "Christmas" colored cupcakes :)