Hve any of you bought a gift your kid is BEGGING for and its killing you tokeep it qu

digman6

my dds are 7 and 4 and they are both BEGGING for BABY ALIVE . I bought them each one and they are soooo annoyed because I bought aextra for ebay totry and sell. Well yesterday I brought itback once I saw how the shelves are stocked ( 20 of those dolls on a shelf here). the older dd said oh my god I cannot beleive your bringing her back :eyepoppin I want her so much. Ijust laugh and laugh little does she know hers is in my closet locked!

her older brother knows and he just rolls his eyes at me.:g_liar: I said Iam not spending that kind of money on a doll:smirk:

Won't she :D be shocked

Don't ya just love being sneaky like that. Last year we had a hard time with this bike Meijer had on sale really cheap. I'm talking a west coast chopper for 25.00..Hubby waited there and was first in line to get one of only about 10 they had. He was there at 1 am and walked to where they were going to hold the line. Anyway, we had to hide it in the garage and keep him outta there. That was one great deal! Your daughters will love ya once they open them!

Yep it's happened to me before and it's so hard to keep quiet. I have been know (by DH) to give in and give DS something small for really good grades or whatever excuse I can come up with. ;) With bigger ticket items like XBox or whatever I won't give in. I like to see his face opening it up.

I usually drive my DH crazy with singing "I know what you got for Christmas, and I'm not gonna tell ya"! ROFL

I don't know who is worse - my husband keeping a secret from our dd or me. lol! I usually can get something and keep it hidden - but dh will crack under pressure and give in earlier. So now I have to hide the toys from my dd AND my dh! lol!!

Not so much for my kids but for my DH forget it I can barely keep a secret. This year I've been able to get everything on my DD's must have list and I can keep the secret no problem. As soon as I buy my DH anything I want to tell him or show him. I think last year was the first year I was able to totally surprise him with something I got and it was way too hard!

Vicki

Oh dear. It's not a big ticket item (not really anyway), but my daughter (who is about to turn 3 in January) is dying for the My little Pony styling Unicorn. Well that bad boy is named Rarity for a reason. :x Somebody had some on Amazon that they were re-selling for $140 a piece.

I lucked out, and found it at walmart for $15 (with 10 bonus hair pieces :tongue1: ) but it's killing me to hide it from her because whenever she plays with her other ponies she'll say "Mommy, member the unitorn with the hair like this pony? I liked that." Yeah, baby.. I know you liked it. LOL

Yes it kills me. My daughter wants the Fur Real friends white tiger, she has the newborn one and really wants the bigger one. Every time she is playing with the newborn she keeps telling it not to worry, maybe santa will bring her her mommy for Christmas. I went this morning and bought it since target had it on sale saving 10 dollars and it is now hidden in my closet. I just hope I can hold out when she starts playing with the newborn again.

Last year my husband blew it big time! I ordered 2 Ipod Video's for my sons which they were NOT expecting at all and when they came I was SOOOOOO excited! I couldn't wait for Alan (my DH) to come home so I could show SOMEONE...ANYONE what I bought :eyepoppin So he comes home from work I usher him into our bedroom quitely and show him the ipods... He was impressed! He went to the bathroom then came out and as he was coming back into the bedroom he says loudly " Soooo.....I pod Video's HUH" with a smile on his face.. He hears a voice from the room nextdoor "I am in my bedroom and can hear you" I was SO MAD! Normally it is me who can't hold it in but I can at least wait a few days/weeks not minutes!

Tina

No kids yet, but last year I bought DH a laptop on BF and that was hard one to keep quiet... left it at my Mom's house. He was so suprised, have never seen him speechless for that long! He was wondering from BF to Christmas what it was that I had to get up so early to buy ;)

My 16 year old son always seems to find out wjat he's gettin. This year, he's gonna stand in line with grandma and me for the ps3 for his Christmas. Hopefully we'll be able to get one!!! But he's not going to be allowed to have it until CHristmas!! Course that'll kill hubby! I think he wants it just as bad!!:tongue1:

Not so much for my kids but for my DH forget it I can barely keep a secret. This year I've been able to get everything on my DD's must have list and I can keep the secret no problem. As soon as I buy my DH anything I want to tell him or show him. I think last year was the first year I was able to totally surprise him with something I got and it was way too hard!

Vicki

OMGosh especially if I got a HUGE Deal on something. It just about kills me not to tell him (DH) how much I saved on this or that. With DH I usually end up blowing it.

I never let it slip.

Although one year I bought a train table and had it all set up in the basement and covered with a sheet. My son (then 2) saw it because my husband forgot to put the sheet back on and he was like "i need that, i need that" I told him it was broken and he cried.

It was supposed to be from Santa but it obviously ended up being from us.

I enjoy keeping the xmas gifts secret. There's nothing I like more than to see the look of joy on peoples faces when they open what they have been wanting for so long!! I don't have kids of my own, but I sure do dote on my nephews, and they just beggg to know what's in their packages. That part is fun too, seeing their growing anticipation of christmas day!

I have done this in years past with my son. Just kills me not to be able to tell him. And then last year I had a painting done for my BF and I so wanted to show it to him. But I do know not to tell him anything that I got for his daughter, because he will tell her. I have a couple of her gifts wrapped already and he was asking me what they were and I am not telling him!

I have a 5 year old and I'm horrible at keeping secrets. I want to tell him so he can be excited like I am. His dad keeps me in check. I want him to have that "Oh my gosh" feeling on Christmas morning so I'm glad I have someone to keep me in check! ;-)