>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

To Everyone:

We are having nothing but problems with discussions of reselling, eBay, and the like.

We're too busy trying to post the ads and the deals for you guys to have to continue to deal with the drama from all of this.

As such, and given that this is supposed to be about ORDERING a Wii, no discussion of reselling, of this or any other item (yes, other game systems and Elmos included) will be permitted on the board. All such posts and threads will be deleted, and from here on out violators are subject to being banned.

Does anyone know if Samsclub online had a presale for the Wii that I missed? Went on thier site today and it says something about order now in the narrative, but there is a big out of stock for delivery posted. Looks like I missed out. Also they have removed the Wii link totally from Costco.com I may be out in line for this system after all.

Does anyone know if Samsclub online had a presale for the Wii that I missed? Went on thier site today and it says something about order now in the narrative, but there is a big out of stock for delivery posted. Looks like I missed out. Also they have removed the Wii link totally from Costco.com I may be out in line for this system after all.

I read somewhere that tomorrow(Sunday 11/12), TRUs were doing preorders again. If you need one you may want to call them quick to confirm or show up there an hour or two before the store opens tomorrow.

There WILL be a line formed outside the store WAAAAY before opening. If you want one, you better be in that line....

On a side note...*1st pre-order at local EB* yippie!

Our gamestop said doesnt matter what number you ( i asked and we are number 3 on the list ) have if you preordered you will get one due to the numbers nintendo stated they are sending that store that is the number of preorders they did ...

:eyepoppin

Yes Sam's did a very limited preorder. I think it was only open for about 10 mintues.

I read about TRU here and ran down at 10:30. There were about 10 people online. A TRU guy showed up with a list for us to sign.

They had 20 for pre-order and I was #9!!!!!!

I have my Wii Pre-Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, baby!!!!!

Got to pick it up on 11/19. There were a few left -- I don't think too many people knew abut the pre-order (there was a small notice in the ad, someone showed me).

Good luck!!

I read about TRU here and ran down at 10:30. There were about 10 people online. A TRU guy showed up with a list for us to sign.

They had 20 for pre-order and I was #9!!!!!!

I have my Wii Pre-Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, baby!!!!!

Got to pick it up on 11/19. There were a few left -- I don't think too many people knew abut the pre-order (there was a small notice in the ad, someone showed me).

Good luck!!

Congrats!!!:yup::cheesy:

Finally got to play with the Wii today!

Our EB Games had a demo. Had to turn in my license to use the controller. The only thing that sucked was that they only had Excite Truck as the demo game and you had to hold the Wiimote sideways like a regular controller to play...so I didnt get the full range of the Wiimote's capabilities. Plus they didnt have the nunchuk out for use.

Its much smaller than I had anticipated. Very very easy to navigate around the different menus. I got to play on the mii channel to make a caricature.

Im so excited!!! Between that Amazon preorder and Walmart preorder, one of them is bound to show up.

Oh, on an OT note, we also played the PS3 at Target. Yes, the graphics are outstanding, but I think the Wii is much much more entertaining. And what is up with getting a DVD in with the PS3 instead of a game? Blu ray or not, I would much rather get a game than a freakin' lame movie. My DH even told me that he wasnt all that impressed with it either.

Yet another side note...whats up with these gamestore employees talking down to me like I don't know about video games? In fact, I had to school their butts on some features of the Wii. I hate when they do that. They think girls don't know a thing. DH and I went into Gamestop and I asked an employee a question and got the eye roll and dumbed down answer, but when DH asked the same employee the exact same question 15 min later, he couldnt get more in depth and engaging conversation. I mean, its just video games, not rebuilding a flippin' car engine. Sorry, just thought Id rant for a minute, LOL!

Guest Deals4Mommy

Does anyone know the procedures of say Target or Wal-mart for putting these out for sale since it is a Sunday? I do not have one pre-ordered and am wondering if they will have a lottery of will/when should I go wait at the store. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

Based on my experience with the XBox 360, last year, they gave them out to the first in line. Early that morning, like most stores, they gave out something to the first in line. Then, they opened the doors an hour early for those people that stood in line all night. By the time the store was open, of course they were out of the 360s.

That line at Target was too long, especially not knowing how many they would actually have. I went elsewhere and came away lucky.

Guest Deals4Mommy

There were a few left -- I don't think too many people knew abut the pre-order (there was a small notice in the ad, someone showed me).

Good luck!!

TRU had another pre-order sale??? Was this for ALL TRUs? If so, that was really smart of them. Gave others an opportunity to get one, that missed out on the first one they did a few weeks ago.

TRU had another pre-order sale??? Was this for ALL TRUs? If so, that was really smart of them. Gave others an opportunity to get one, that missed out on the first one they did a few weeks ago.

Yep, and apparently it was nationwide.

I read about it here -- but there was a VERRRYYYY small notice in the weekly ad. I mean VERRRYYY small. LOL.

I had to take out my pre-order today just to make sure it was real.

Only bad thing is that the games I want to get for DS aren't out at launch. He is 7 and likes Animal Crossing, Mario and stuff like that. I guess it is down to Monkey Ball or SpongeBob!!

I missed it -- it was very small. On the front was the PS3. The Wii was on the 2nd page, top left hand corner. It showed a couple of kids with controllers (no console) and in a circle in VERY small print it said something like "come in today to preorder your Wii for $50). VERRRYYY small print. I didn't even see the Wii stuff at all and I was looking for it.

Someone in line showed me where it was -- it was easy to miss.

What do you guys mean about downloading the games before they come out? I'm talking about wanting the Wii Animal Crossings (we have the GameCube and DS versions) along with the new Super Mario Galaxy. I don't think the Mario game is out until March 2007.

Does anyone know where a list is of games that come out post-launch but pre-Christmas?

:cool:

I missed it -- it was very small. On the front was the PS3. The Wii was on the 2nd page, top left hand corner. It showed a couple of kids with controllers (no console) and in a circle in VERY small print it said something like "come in today to preorder your Wii for $50). VERRRYYY small print. I didn't even see the Wii stuff at all and I was looking for it.

Someone in line showed me where it was -- it was easy to miss.

What do you guys mean about downloading the games before they come out? I'm talking about wanting the Wii Animal Crossings (we have the GameCube and DS versions) along with the new Super Mario Galaxy. I don't think the Mario game is out until March 2007.

Does anyone know where a list is of games that come out post-launch but pre-Christmas?

From what I understand, the Animal Crossing for Wii is still in development and won't be out until NEXT Christmas. But, then again, anything is possible. Who knows with all the rumors flying around.

One of the cool features with Wii is that you can download other Nintendo games for the older systems onto the Wii hard drive. I haven't seen a list of what's available, it is just been said that for $5 to $10 per game you can access some of the greatest games for the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 consoles. You'll see stores selling the Wii points card .. and you can redeem points for games.

If you go to BestBuy.com .. they have the games listed and show the release date. There are only a few games that will release between release date and Christmas.

5 days and counting......................:D

Ok, so how many of us are going to camp out for the Wii??? When are you all going to get in line??

I'm going by my Best Buy Friday after work to see if there is a line yet. Hopefully people won't start until Saturday morning. If there are more then 10 people in a line, I'm going to the next store which would be Circuit City.

Just in case anyone might of missed it ( ok- there are 9 pages ..:D ) Here is a list of Toys r us stores that will open at midnight for the Nintendo Wii

Participating Stores State

2820 W. Dunlap Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 Arizona

2270 Bridgepoint Pkw., San Mateo, CA 94405 California

22035 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance, CA 90503 California

330 Brandon Town Center Blvd., Brandon, FL 33511 Florida

1645 N.W. 107th Ave., Miami, FL 33172 Florida

7731 N. Point Pkwy., Alpharetta, GA 30022 Georgia

45 Orland Square Dr., Orland Park, IL 60462 Illinois

Northshore S/C (Rts 128/114), Peabody, MA 01960 Massachusetts

13801 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, MI 48313 Michigan

14100 Wayzata Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 55305 Minnesota

3600 Lindbergh, Crestwood, MO 63127 Missouri