>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Wii website has release date of 11/19/06 so I would assume that is correct. My only luck of gettin gone would be waiting at a store that did not do pre-sale. I know Walmart did the online pre-sale would that make a difference if I wanted to try to get one in the store?

If I do not get one no big deal. My son is only 7 and he has showed no interest since he knows very little of it. I think that it would be a better deal for him verses the PS3 (never would pay that price) because of his DS.

I just got this email from EBgames.com.

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when our Wii bundle becomes available for pre-order online at EBgames.com. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling!

Quantities are extremely limited and there will be a limit of 1 Wii bundle per household, limited to US delivery only. Ordering a bundle does not guarantee shipment at launch and orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bundle will be removed from the site as soon as we have reached our expected quota

And so here Wii are. Less than two weeks and counting until the most innovative product the video game industry has seen hits the streets.

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when our Wii bundle becomes available for pre-order online at EBgames.com. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling!

Quantities are extremely limited and there will be a limit of 1 Wii bundle per household, limited to US delivery only. Ordering a bundle does not guarantee shipment at launch and orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bundle will be removed from the site as soon as we have reached our expected quota.

I received the same e-mail. If you ask me they are trying to get in on making some money too. $699.00~~~

IT sure seems that way, but I am not sure why they did not put a start time just Thursday evening CST.

I emailed them about the time and this is what they responded with :

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to GameStop regarding the Wii bundle on

GameStop.com.

Online preorders for the Nintendo Wii will begin Thursday PM, November

9th. We do not have an exact time available. You will get the best

games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to

your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling!

Quantities are extremely limited and there will be a limit of 1 Wii

bundle per household, US delivery only. Ordering a bundle does not

guarantee shipment at launch and orders will be shipped on a first-come,

first-serve basis. The bundle will be removed from the site as soon as

we have reached our expected allocation.

Once again, online preorders will begin on Thursday PM, Movember 9th; we

do not have an exact time available.

Best regards,

GameStop.com Customer Support

I was planning to sit in line starting Friday, November 17 after I get out of work at my local Best Buy or Circuit City (whichever has the shortest line).

How many people think that the people in line for the PS3 on that Friday will get right back in line for the Wii after they purchase the PS3??? (this is my fear since I can't do anything until after work)

I was planning to sit in line starting Friday, November 17 after I get out of work at my local Best Buy or Circuit City (whichever has the shortest line).

How many people think that the people in line for the PS3 on that Friday will get right back in line for the Wii after they purchase the PS3??? (this is my fear since I can't do anything until after work)

I don't think that will be an issue for two reasons:

1. There isn't the same value on the Wii since there will be so many more units available before Xmas.

2. After camping out for several days the PS3 dirtballs will need to shower/sleep/etc.... :cheesy:

I don't think that will be an issue for two reasons:

1. There isn't the same value on the Wii since there will be so many more units available before Xmas.

2. After camping out for several days the PS3 dirtballs will need to shower/sleep/etc.... :cheesy:

LOL!!! I think I agree with you.

I was thinking that whomever buys the PS3 wouldn't really want a Wii.....then I thought, well, if these people are re-selling them they might want both.

I was at Toys R Us today and about died when I saw about 6 Wii boxes on a shelf in the Video section. Turns out the boxes were empty and a display for Wii- now that was just mean - LOL. I was lucky to get a Walmart preorder in but I was hoping to just get the Console and 1 game instead of the bundle. OH well I guess I will keep my order for the bundle and if I happen to find just the console I will return the bundle.

Good Luck everyone!!

And so here Wii are. Less than two weeks and counting until the most innovative product the video game industry has seen hits the streets.

Quantities are extremely limited and there will be a limit of 1 Wii bundle per household, limited to US delivery only. Ordering a bundle does not guarantee shipment at launch and orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bundle will be removed from the site as soon as we have reached our expected quota.

This is the e-mail I received about the pre-sale it doesn't give a time for it. So if you want one I guess you will have to watch all day.

Nintendo Wii Most Wanted Bundle

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020070E

$694.88

This Nintendo Wii Most Wanted bundle includes the following items:

* Nintendo Wii system (system, remote controller, nunchuck, stand, sensor and Wii Sports)

* Wii 1 Gigabyte Memory Card

* 1 additional Wii Remote Controller

* Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess

* Trauma Center: Second Opinion

* Red Steel

* Marvel Ultimate Alliance

* Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

* Madden NFL 2007

* 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

* 12 Month Game Informer Gift Subscription