Best Buy Has the Best Sales for Black Friday

Lacey

There are four males at my house that love Best Buy! They camp out the night before starting at around 10:30pm to be the first one in line. They have done this for the past two years. Last year however they got there at 10:30 and found that the first people in line had lined up at 8:30pm. Both years they have gotten some really fantastic deals by being the first ones or in the top 10 in line. I'm sure we will be there again!:gdnum1:

i love best buy's deal but i hate the setups that they make you do in order to pay. they wrapp around the store making a huge circle and its rather annoying, because its mainly blocked off, so ppl cant cut in but you cant pick up other items while in line either. this is at my local store

Guest fun_4_u_nme
Im thinking the new play station is going to be the bomb this year, like xbox 360 was last year, I hope all the stores can have plenty of stock.

I hate the way BB is on BF.... there are so many people lined up and they don't really have the order thing worked out so that it is not mad chaos... if you don't pick up what you want and run for the front you could be in line for hours!! At least they give tickets for the big items though... we went there last year for the 149 dollar emachine.. we were there at 10 so first 6 or so in line. We got our tickets and when the doors open they said "follow the red footoprints for the emachine" so we follow them around the store and they lead all the way back to just inside the front door where there are now 100 people waiting...the sales people weren't ready... we're pissed 'cause we first ones there, finally they ask who has tickets and we have to pick our way through 100 really mad people who didn't have tickets... not a good experience. They had you pay and go out the back door, which was good but had we wanted anything else we'd have been sol.

I hate the way BB is on BF.... there are so many people lined up and they don't really have the order thing worked out so that it is not mad chaos... if you don't pick up what you want and run for the front you could be in line for hours!! At least they give tickets for the big items though... we went there last year for the 149 dollar emachine.. we were there at 10 so first 6 or so in line. We got our tickets and when the doors open they said "follow the red footoprints for the emachine" so we follow them around the store and they lead all the way back to just inside the front door where there are now 100 people waiting...the sales people weren't ready... we're pissed 'cause we first ones there, finally they ask who has tickets and we have to pick our way through 100 really mad people who didn't have tickets... not a good experience. They had you pay and go out the back door, which was good but had we wanted anything else we'd have been sol.

I went with my sister for the $149 eMachine. She got the ticket, but I didn't need or want one so while she was in line to pick up the computer, I ran through and grabbed a couple of other smaller items ($3 DVDs for her daughter, etc.). So this year, you can always bring along someone who may not care for any of the big ticket items to help you out, or vice versa :)

In the 6 years I have been doing BF shopping, only once have I attempted BB. My sister and I went to Walmart first and then one other place before stopping for a bagel and to watch them open the doors at BB before attempting to head in. It was a bad mistake to even try to shop there. After the crazy people who ran in the store to get what ever they wanted (I think this was before they started doing tickets beforehand), everyone else came in and almost IMMEDIATELY there were huge check out lines. We waited 3 1/2 hours in one line to check out. CRAZY!! Don't know if I'll do BB any time soon (I guess it depends on what ads they have... ;) )

To think about it, last year they had a microwave on sale. And the min. limit was 3 or 5. They didn't HAVE IT! The paper says min. limit the store must carries. Not only they didn't have it, they took so long to check and wasted my time. However, they gave me an alternate microwave for a lower price.

If that ever happens again to me, I wreak havoc.

I go to BB every year and I love the way they do the tickets. I wish all stores did that, I might then be tempted to try another store.

The only issue I have with BB is that they let so many people in. Wish they only let a portion of the line in and then let more people in as people came out.

I go to BB every year and I love the way they do the tickets. I wish all stores did that, I might then be tempted to try another store.

The only issue I have with BB is that they let so many people in. Wish they only let a portion of the line in and then let more people in as people came out.

The store I went to in Austin did that. They had to after the fire marshall showed up one year and kicked everyone out for being too crowded. Most stores are pretty scary if you think about it. If there were a fire a lot of people would probably die, mostly by being trampled.

• 2 weeks later...
I usually go for the cheap DVDs & games for the kids; although this year I'm hoping to score a good price on a LCD TV. As BB will match CC's prices, I prefer BB just for the reward program. I usually spend enough during the holidays to get a nice size gift certificate in January.

I usually go for the cheap DVDs & games for the kids; although this year I'm hoping to score a good price on a LCD TV. As BB will match CC's prices, I prefer BB just for the reward program. I usually spend enough during the holidays to get a nice size gift certificate in January.

same reason i shop at BB...reward program..i price match all cds and dvds that i can or want there...

In the 6 years I have been doing BF shopping, only once have I attempted BB. My sister and I went to Walmart first and then one other place before stopping for a bagel and to watch them open the doors at BB before attempting to head in. It was a bad mistake to even try to shop there. After the crazy people who ran in the store to get what ever they wanted (I think this was before they started doing tickets beforehand), everyone else came in and almost IMMEDIATELY there were huge check out lines. We waited 3 1/2 hours in one line to check out. CRAZY!! Don't know if I'll do BB any time soon (I guess it depends on what ads they have... ;) )

I went to BB one year with my friend, first we hit kmart at 5 and we were out before 5:30, WM was up the street and they opened at 6. We left WM by 6:30 and hit BB at 7am. Back then BB opened at 7am which gave us time to hit other places. It works out good if you have at least two people.