Best Buy Has the Best Sales for Black Friday

Lacey

I love going to best buy on black friday...they have just as many registers set up as anywhere else and unless you can get the camera's guy or the home theater person to ring you up you don't wait that long...as a matter of fact...if you aren't camped out and the first person in the building then you wait just as long as everyone else...it's fair...not like being at the grocery store and watching the line that you could've chose move while you stand still...or stuck in rush hour and watching the lane that you just got out of move 10 cars forward while you are still pushing the brake to the floor...just bring at least one person to brave the crowd and do your running while you hold down a spot in line and you then begin to look at is as controlled chaos...not just chaos...and you are then able to simply stand there and enjory the experience of being out on BF:)

70 degrees, 40 degrees - bah humbug - here in Michigan we had 30 degrees, wind and freezing rain! It takes some real guts to stand out in that stuff. This year I'm investing in some serious cold weather gear, since we've already had our first snowfall of the year and it's only the middle of October!

Any chance they'll have a high performance laptop deal for BF? My son's looking for a name brand lap top with dual core processor(AMD or Intel) & at least 1024MB DDR2, 100G-120G HD & a really good graphics card, preferably nVIDIA. Any insight would be great. Every thing I'm seeing is in the $800-$900 range.

Any chance they'll have a high performance laptop deal for BF? My son's looking for a name brand lap top with dual core processor(AMD or Intel) & at least 1024MB DDR2, 100G-120G HD & a really good graphics card, preferably nVIDIA. Any insight would be great. Every thing I'm seeing is in the $800-$900 range.

They might. They change the ad up every year. Last year the two laptops I got was the Toshiba (around $350.00) and the Gateway (around $550.00). I know both laptops I had to add more RAM since the RAM was not much in the laptop.

What is your son looking to do with the laptop? Since the ad's have not leaked to the internet it is hard to say what will be offered. Stayed tuned and welcome to the community!

They might. They change the ad up every year. Last year the two laptops I got was the Toshiba (around $350.00) and the Gateway (around $550.00). I know both laptops I had to add more RAM since the RAM was not much in the laptop.

What is your son looking to do with the laptop? Since the ad's have not leaked to the internet it is hard to say what will be offered. Stayed tuned and welcome to the community!

He is studying networking & programming at a charter school for 5 HS in my area. Besides his programming homework, he'd like to design video games. Microsoft has a beta program out right now that's sparked his interest. He says my computer's way to slow.......sigh. He's thought about building a desk top PC as well, but I think he's leaning tword the lap top. He is paying for it himself, so I'm trying to help him get the most for his money.

He is studying networking & programming at a charter school for 5 HS in my area. Besides his programming homework, he'd like to design video games. Microsoft has a beta program out right now that's sparked his interest. He says my computer's way to slow.......sigh. He's thought about building a desk top PC as well, but I think he's leaning tword the lap top. He is paying for it himself, so I'm trying to help him get the most for his money.

If he is going to program games and other programs he will need a laptop that has lot of RAM, big hard drive and a good video card. What I would do is to sit back and look for the BF ads to come out. With not knowing what the stores will have I cant really tell you what is good or not just yet. If he is a big gammer I would say a desktop would be the way to go since a laptop will be limited in how much RAM and the type of video card you can put in. Also the screen refresh on the laptops are not as fast as a CRT monitor for a desktop so his games will be jerky and jumpy.

GottaDeal.com (this site) has a tech message bord. You might want to ask your question there. Here is the link to the message board: http://forums.gottadeal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry my title didn't show up...

we went to best buy tonight to look at LCD TVs and asked about 'upcoming sales' ;o).

The sales person said they've been encouraging people to buy now because a) the item is in stock and B) they will price adjust until January 25 if it goes lower at their store or another store, even online....

Is this true? If so, do people wait in lines for things that are only released on BF? Or what?

Has anyone had experience with this?

We were thinking of grabbing an Aquos or Samsung 32" or 37" and hoping they'll go lower before Jan 25 somewhere...

Trish

Sorry my title didn't show up...

we went to best buy tonight to look at LCD TVs and asked about 'upcoming sales' ;o).

The sales person said they've been encouraging people to buy now because a) the item is in stock and B) they will price adjust until January 25 if it goes lower at their store or another store, even online....

Is this true? If so, do people wait in lines for things that are only released on BF? Or what?

Has anyone had experience with this?

We were thinking of grabbing an Aquos or Samsung 32" or 37" and hoping they'll go lower before Jan 25 somewhere...

Trish

Are you serious? If that is the case, I will be buying the rumored Sony VAIO way earlier than I thought.

Just as a reminder that Best Buy closes there customer service desk so they can use the registers to check out people. Also this is so they wont price match BF items.

BB also has been known to offer desktops and laptops as BF items that are not in there normal stock. This means you cant buy it before BF and once they are out they are out of the item for good since the SKU and UPC codes are different and not part of there everyday stock.

Part of the reason I jumped on the westinghouse for 615 is that last year by 11:30 there was already about 25 people lined up outside the best buy in sioux falls, that's just way too long to try to wait in temperatures that got down to about 10 degrees F that night.. and you know how people are.. 25 at 1130 becomes 50 by open as people let their friends jump in line with them... I don't deal with best buy on black friday... I love doing black friday, I love getting up at 2 AM and doing the wal mart thing, but when people start getting there at 9 PM the night before, no thanks. :)

I LOVE stores that start their black fridays at midnight and/or stay open 24 hours.

BB is always my first stop. I usually get there at 4a.m. and always bring a friend. As soon as I get in I get in line,I have the cart) and my friend runs for the things on my list. I don't recall ever walking away disappointed. BB is always my first stop, and the longest I have ever been in there was about 30 min,plenty of time to get to target and be one of the first 50! Someone said something about price matching..does BB do that on BF?

Say what you want about Best Buy, but when your local stores don't carry the special doorbuster deals, there's almost no point in going. Do a quick GottaDeal search for "Ohio doorbusters" and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you don't have the $150 computers, $30 MP3 players and $1,000 42" HDTVs, it's pointless.

*Ding ding ding ding ding* There we go. It's my first central Ohio Best Buy BF doorbuster comment for 2006!

Say what you want about Best Buy, but when your local stores don't carry the special doorbuster deals, there's almost no point in going. Do a quick GottaDeal search for "Ohio doorbusters" and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you don't have the $150 computers, $30 MP3 players and $1,000 42" HDTVs, it's pointless.

*Ding ding ding ding ding* There we go. It's my first central Ohio Best Buy BF doorbuster comment for 2006!

Did you do the Monopoly mail out this year? If so how many did you do?

Did you do the Monopoly mail out this year? If so how many did you do?

Even though it's been a staple of my life for the past three years, I did not mail out for any of the Best Buy Bucks this year. There are several reasons for this:

- Much lower rate of return than last year (less chance of getting a higher BB Buck, higher postage cost)

- Most restrictions the promotion has ever had (e.g only $200 per purchase -- this killed it for me)

- Other parts of the Monopoly promotion were worse than before (e.g no good McD's food prizes. I loved getting tons of free value meal coupons for when I didn't have any food around. They got rid of the lunch/dinner value meal instant-win prizes)

- I actually have a well-paying job now -- my time is more valuable, and I had less time to fill out envelopes

- Three years of peeling off the BB Bucks, counting them, and going through the hassle of actually using them was enough for me. Count me out from now on!

We didn't get the doorbuster deals at Best Buy here last year either. It was the first year that's ever happened. I hope the doorbusters are available to us this year, but I seriously doubt it will be :no:.

We didn't get the doorbuster deals at Best Buy here last year either. It was the first year that's ever happened. I hope the doorbusters are available to us this year, but I seriously doubt it will be :no:.

That is true for Iowa, but actually, in Best Buy's favorite guinea pig areas in Ohio, it is not new by any stretch of the imagination. In 2003, we were not given the doorbuster deals that the rest of the country was. Instead, we got an offer where we had to send in a rebate form to get a $20 gift card for every $100 spent (absolute worst thing ever! Rebate center was clueless about this, too). In 2004, the early specials were cut in favor of an instant $15 GC for every $100 spent. The same thing happened last year. So this trend dates back for years.

I don't know where you live, but at least in Columbus (and I know at least a portion of Northern OH and a portion of Southern OH), this has been going on for years, and considering its wide spread last year, I don't see it changing this year.