GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy belated May the 4th Be With You, Happy Cinco De Mayo and Happy Revenge of the 5th Day.  LOL

i went to the Symphony yesterday for a Star Wars show.  It was so much fun and the costume contest was amazing.  Great way to spend the day for a Star Wars nerd like myself.  Happy May everyone. 

• Like 1

Checking in for May. May has already been a wetter month than April was around here. The grass is growing like the weeds it is!!  This month I’m going to a Duran Duran concert with one of my sons, last month we went to see John Mellencamp. I’ve been to more concerts the last few months than I have been to in years. It has been a blast though.  I had forgotten how fun a live concert is, but they are way more expensive than they used to be!!

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 9:28 AM, tinkrbel said:

May is starting off badly 😞 Pup doesn't have many days left and I'm dreading having to make the decision. I don't want her to suffer but also don't want to do it too soon. 

Hardest decision we pet parents ever have to make... Much love to you from one pet parent who's been there (and will be there again someday) to another. ❤️‍🩹

• Love 2

On 5/5/2024 at 6:07 PM, marathonshopper said:

Checking in for May. May has already been a wetter month than April was around here. The grass is growing like the weeds it is!!  This month I’m going to a Duran Duran concert with one of my sons, last month we went to see John Mellencamp. I’ve been to more concerts the last few months than I have been to in years. It has been a blast though.  I had forgotten how fun a live concert is, but they are way more expensive than they used to be!!

I hear you about the prices! My son and I are going to see The Oak Ridge Boys for their farewell tour (this will be my 3rd or 4th time seeing them) in a couple weeks, then my sister and I will be going to see Tim McGraw the end of the month.

Well, I am officially unemployed. The company I worked for 27 years decided to close and sell to a pot growing farm and we as workers got squat for severance. It still hasn't hit me that I don't have a job anymore.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Rose0426 said:

Well, I am officially unemployed. The company I worked for 27 years decided to close and sell to a pot growing farm and we as workers got squat for severance. It still hasn't hit me that I don't have a job anymore.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding an even better job!

8 hours ago, Rose0426 said:

Pot places seem to be taking over everything. Every time some around us closes a pot shop opens up. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the old saying as one door closes another opens holds true for you. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:05 PM, ilikefree said:

I hear you about the prices! My son and I are going to see The Oak Ridge Boys for their farewell tour (this will be my 3rd or 4th time seeing them) in a couple weeks, then my sister and I will be going to see Tim McGraw the end of the month.

I’m seeing the Oaks next week, and then Rick Springfield the week after. I just need my 80s body back to match the 80s music haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/11/2024 at 4:57 PM, Kanyon71 said:

Pot places seem to be taking over everything. Every time some around us closes a pot shop opens up. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the old saying as one door closes another opens holds true for you. 

Indeed. And as one whose body revolts physically at even the scent of the stuff, there are certain areas I can't even visit any more because of it. Such a shame. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 1:19 PM, wittenlover said:

Indeed. And as one whose body revolts physically at even the scent of the stuff, there are certain areas I can't even visit any more because of it. Such a shame. 

I visited Washing DC for the first time a couple weeks ago. And the smell of pot around the Washington monument gave me a headache and made me nauseous. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 5:27 PM, speeddiva said:

I’m seeing the Oaks next week, and then Rick Springfield the week after. I just need my 80s body back to match the 80s music haha. 

I get to see Rick Springfield in Tulsa in August!  My cousin bought tickets for us to go for my birthday, which is in August,  and surprised me with a Meet & Greet. I’m so excited!!  I saw him on my 18th birthday in Tulsa many, many years ago, this time I get to see him on his birthday. I agree on needing the 80s body back to match the music!!  LOL. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ljvoskuil said:

O no I missed April 🤦🏻‍♀️ I will definitely try again next year. Plan ahead and post it on my calendar for the beginning of every month for 2015! 

I'm sorry you missed April.  That said, I sure wouldn't complain if we can really go back to 2015! 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Last day of school! The kids were done yesterday but we had a work day today. I'm so done with this school year! We had 2 people quit just before Thanksgiving and 1 quit maybe a month or so ago and have had quite a time trying to replace the bodies. First it was that administration didn't even post the jobs till just before Christmas for the 1st 2 that left. We had one lady work 1 day then quit. Another lady we hired had the flu on her first day and was out a couple days, then her mom passed away and she went to Georgia for a couple weeks. The other one we hired was sick for her scheduled interview then had to reschedule. She had her interview and was hired, but just before she was to start she got sick again and was in the hospital & ICU. They're both really good workers now. Then we had a part-time person quit about a week and a half ago. Our substitutes have been lifesavers for us! One of our ladies retired today so now we have 3 spots we have to fill. The sad thing is that administration won't post the positions till the beginning of August. It's so frustrating! And then about 3 weeks ago one of our kindergarten teachers, my husband’s cousin, suddenly passed away at 54 years old. To say It’s been quite the school year is a major understatement!

On the bright side, we only have 34 days till we leave for Hawaii!!

Edited by ilikefree
Correction
  • Sad 2

Checking in for May. No idea if i have already or not.

Our internet has been down for almost 2 weeks 😡😡😡😡😡and the fingerpointing is no help.

EarthlinkSucks

Glad for cell iPads $$

Happy Memorial day to all and Thank You Veterans

• Sad 2

On 5/24/2024 at 1:05 PM, packratfamily said:

Checking in for May. No idea if i have already or not.

Our internet has been down for almost 2 weeks 😡😡😡😡😡and the fingerpointing is no help.

EarthlinkSucks

Glad for cell iPads $$

Happy Memorial day to all and Thank You Veterans

I FEEL this one in my bones. Comcast has been a hot mess since they claimed a router change was needed a couple years ago now. Consistently disconnecting etc, making us go over AT&T data almost monthly and resulting in SUPER slooooooooow service, making streaming to avoid the extra $10 box fee ridiculous and making long distance sketchy with no idea if internet will pick up to give me driving directions. I'm starting to wonder if it's our older extenders but also so overwhelmed with life that trying to find suitable replacements is not really happening. ALSO....I think they sent another equipment upgrade email a while ago, where this could be months to going on a year. Plus looking at bills, they're back up to $254. Starting to wonder if it's time to cut them off but then my mom watches and records all her food network shows etc so I'd feel bad.