GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Another month down, another room deep cleaned and decluttered in our household.  I don't want to jinx myself, but so far this is going better than expected. April is oldest DS birthday month, so his room is in focus.  He's in there now with some big garbage bags to go through clothes that no longer fit and whatever else he can find to get rid of.  I'm hoping to get some silverware back!  What is it with missing forks and spoons with teenage boys? Is it just boys? 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, lucyismycat said:

Another month down, another room deep cleaned and decluttered in our household.  I don't want to jinx myself, but so far this is going better than expected. April is oldest DS birthday month, so his room is in focus.  He's in there now with some big garbage bags to go through clothes that no longer fit and whatever else he can find to get rid of.  I'm hoping to get some silverware back!  What is it with missing forks and spoons with teenage boys? Is it just boys? 

My boys are the same.  My youngest just cleaned his room and "found" my missing chip clips and spoons.  I hope he has 1 kiddo just like him!

• Haha 4

Busy start to the year for work.    Hoping it will slow down a bit this month so I can get some deep house cleaning done.  My dining room has become a catch all and it's driving me bananas.

1 hour ago, Jeanne515 said:

April checkin - new grandbaby coming April 16th at the latest!!!!

Congrats!

Mine is scheduled for the 9th,  but was also due on the 16th.  Grandma Twinsies!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Happy April.  We are on spring break this week, and my grandson is in town staying with my mom.

Sadly I am now at over 2 months being sick, so probably no activities for me.  At least I'm not having to miss work and can get some rest. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, bluebear said:

Happy April.  We are on spring break this week, and my grandson is in town staying with my mom.

Sadly I am now at over 2 months being sick, so probably no activities for me.  At least I'm not having to miss work and can get some rest. 

20240401214423x250x250.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ytmomof4 said:

Looking at some pretty bad weather here today in Ohio.

When you've got Reed Timmer and friends roaming in the Cincy area, you know it can't be good. Stay safe, buddy to the south of me. 

April is my bday month, so the emails have started rolling in with my bday offers. Looking forward to taking advantage of at least some of them, one of them being a free meal up in Frankenmuth! Yum yum yum! Totally worth the drive, especially if I make a full day of it and hit up the Cheese Haus as well! (Yep, I'm part mouse, for sure. LOL) 

Started the month with the April Fools joke of my personal laptop having croaked (battery completely shot, doesn't even want to boot up when plugged in but its also several years old, so...?). Oof... Sooooo did a little digging around since I needed a quick replacement. Found myself a gaming laptop with likely more capability that I'll ever need but for same prices as other ones I was looking at with far less. Difference? It was rated "Open Box - Excellent", so not quite brand new. Just about cut its price in half. Worth it. Set that up last night and I'll deal with trying to get the older laptop working enough to pull data later. Thankfully, I back up to an external hard drive, so I don't think there's much on there I don't already have saved, especially if it was at all important, but I'd like to try to look at least. LOL

On 3/29/2024 at 10:38 AM, stationchief said:

Today: expected to be clear with a high of 81 degrees. Tomorrow: thunderstorms and showers with a high of 63.

Go home, mother nature. You're drunk. :2drunk:

I agree!! We're expected to have bad storms with a good chance of tornadoes and hail tonight and a little snow tomorrow.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, lucyismycat said:

I don't have any girls but I can confirm that yes, boys DO love to hoard silverware in their rooms!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 11:44 AM, wittenlover said:

When you've got Reed Timmer and friends roaming in the Cincy area, you know it can't be good. Stay safe, buddy to the south of me. 

April is my bday month, so the emails have started rolling in with my bday offers. Looking forward to taking advantage of at least some of them, one of them being a free meal up in Frankenmuth! Yum yum yum! Totally worth the drive, especially if I make a full day of it and hit up the Cheese Haus as well! (Yep, I'm part mouse, for sure. LOL) 

Started the month with the April Fools joke of my personal laptop having croaked (battery completely shot, doesn't even want to boot up when plugged in but its also several years old, so...?). Oof... Sooooo did a little digging around since I needed a quick replacement. Found myself a gaming laptop with likely more capability that I'll ever need but for same prices as other ones I was looking at with far less. Difference? It was rated "Open Box - Excellent", so not quite brand new. Just about cut its price in half. Worth it. Set that up last night and I'll deal with trying to get the older laptop working enough to pull data later. Thankfully, I back up to an external hard drive, so I don't think there's much on there I don't already have saved, especially if it was at all important, but I'd like to try to look at least. LOL

Don't know if you can remove the battery but sometimes that helps. Also try just holding down the power button for up to 60 seconds to see if it will force on. I don't know the make/model but sometimes there are reset type thing you can do to get them to come back up.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, lucyismycat said:

Every time I am missing dishes or silverware, I check both kids' bedrooms and usually find what I am missing however after 8 months I am still missing a bowl and a coffee mug! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanyon71 said:

Don't know if you can remove the battery but sometimes that helps. Also try just holding down the power button for up to 60 seconds to see if it will force on. I don't know the make/model but sometimes there are reset type thing you can do to get them to come back up.

I should clarify - it powers on when plugged in but something has gotten corrupted (I think) that doesn't allow it to boot up unless in safe mode, no matter what else I've tried. It may require "format C:" to truly get anywhere, though with the shot battery, it's one of those "do I truly want to fight that hard to get it fully functional again?" with the answer being, "no, not really". 

Well it's April, so time to figure out a driving question I've always had.  You're driving on a side street and you reach a stop sign at an intersection.  You wait for a clearing in the cross traffic to make a left turn.  You've waited fora clear minute but there's still traffic.  Across from you, another car pulls up to their stop sign and they're looking to go straight across the intersection.  You were there way before they showed up.  Now, the traffic clears.  You're making a left and you've been waiting longer.  The person across from you wants to go straight.  Do you expect the other driver to give you a head nod so you can go first?

On 4/3/2024 at 3:13 PM, wittenlover said:

I should clarify - it powers on when plugged in but something has gotten corrupted (I think) that doesn't allow it to boot up unless in safe mode, no matter what else I've tried. It may require "format C:" to truly get anywhere, though with the shot battery, it's one of those "do I truly want to fight that hard to get it fully functional again?" with the answer being, "no, not really". 

Sounds like a bad windows update. Fixed plenty of those over the years. You also boot to sag mode with networking to get files off if you want. 🙂

• Like 1