GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

12 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

Happy April!  Anyone having an Eclipse party Monday?  Wear having one at my work.  Moonpies, Starbursts, Milky Way bars and Sun Chips.  lol.  

Have you seen the new eclipse doughnut from Krispy Kreme?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

Happy April!  Anyone having an Eclipse party Monday?  Wear having one at my work.  Moonpies, Starbursts, Milky Way bars and Sun Chips.  lol.  

How fun! 🙂

21 hours ago, Kanyon71 said:

Sounds like a bad windows update. Fixed plenty of those over the years. You also boot to sag mode with networking to get files off if you want. 🙂

Microsoft give us a bad Windows update??? NEVER!!! Blasphemy!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah most likely. I'll fight with it when I actually have a day (or a full evening) to swear at it. LOL

43 minutes ago, wittenlover said:

Microsoft give us a bad Windows update??? NEVER!!! Blasphemy!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah most likely. I'll fight with it when I actually have a day (or a full evening) to swear at it. LOL

I always used to say if Microsoft made good software I would have been out of a job a LONG time ago. 🤣

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:17 PM, Kanyon71 said:

I always used to say if Microsoft made good software I would have been out of a job a LONG time ago. 🤣

If Microsoft made cars...

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car fault" warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11. Microsoft would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a Microsoft subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, Microsoft would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12. Every time Microsoft introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

and it would look something like this...

microsofttruck.png

Edited by len_mullen
fixed some typos
  • Haha 6

Happy April!

I think we are headed towards NW Arkansas tomorrow; may spend the night in Arkansas or Oklahoma so we can see the eclipse on Monday!

I was scheduled for jury duty until Friday; jury duty got postponed until during my planned family vacation.

• Sad 2

On 4/1/2024 at 7:59 PM, bluebear said:

Happy April.  We are on spring break this week, and my grandson is in town staying with my mom.

Sadly I am now at over 2 months being sick, so probably no activities for me.  At least I'm not having to miss work and can get some rest. 

So, I spent my spring break in the hospital.  😞  Zero stars, would not recommend. 

So no visit with my grandson.

But I am home today after 5 days, and I am feeling better finally.   Yay.

And hopefully next weekend I can travel the 3 hours to see my new grandbaby arriving in 3 days!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, bluebear said:

So, I spent my spring break in the hospital.  😞  Zero stars, would not recommend. 

So no visit with my grandson.

But I am home today after 5 days, and I am feeling better finally.   Yay.

And hopefully next weekend I can travel the 3 hours to see my new grandbaby arriving in 3 days!

I'm sorry to hear this; I'm glad you are on the mend though!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel
And all that you love
And all that you hate
All you distrust
All you save
And all that you give
And all that you deal
And all that you buy
Beg, borrow or steal
And all you create
And all you destroy
And all that you do
And all that you say
And all that you eat
And everyone you meet (everyone you meet)
And all that you slight
And everyone you fight
And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But…

image.gif.5572a3f69eded0c9598d227245da5e7c.gif

Heading a bit south today into the path of totality. Co-worker and I discussed our plan on Friday and mapped out a target area we're aiming for, though we'll be traveling separately into said area. We're hoping to get out of the general crowds by getting off the beaten path a bit. Helps that we're both somewhat familiar with the area we're aiming for, so we have some thoughts on where exactly we'll watch from. It is a remote work day for us, so that makes it a bit easier, though our laptops and phones will be with us so we can still be productive as the need arises while we watch the eclipse unfold. (It may be a special event but, being in quality, we're always "on call", so to speak.) 👍

• Like 1

Happy April! My daughter's 2023/24 luge season wrapped up on Saturday, with USA Luge Youth National Championships, in which she placed 4th out of 18 athletes. The three athletes that placed ahead of her are each at least 2 years older than her (Kendall is 14), and have all been on the Candidate Team for 1-3 years longer than her. Several athletes Kendall placed in front of are also athletes who are older and more experienced than she. Kendall has had a great season, and we are super proud of the progress she's made in her first year on this higher level team. The new team selection list comes out on May 1, and summer training will begin in June. You can find her on FB, Kendall Achen, USA Luge, or her group page that I handle, Kendall Achen, USA Luge Jr. National Candidate Team, if you'd like to follow along as she moves forward toward her goal of becoming an Olympian!

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/2xeCoAr2JsbAnD6E/?mibextid=oFDknk

FB_IMG_1712620740534.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, bluebear said:

My granddaughter was born this morning!  11 pounds 3 oz!!  And that's 1 week early.

Her and my daughter are doing well. Now I need to get well so I can go visit her!

Wow, she's a big baby. Glad they're doing well :). Congratulations! 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, bluebear said:

My granddaughter was born this morning!  11 pounds 3 oz!!  And that's 1 week early.

Her and my daughter are doing well. Now I need to get well so I can go visit her!

OMG - that is one BIG baby! Congrats, Grandma. 🙂

• Love 1

6 hours ago, bluebear said:

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ilikefree said:

That eclipse was the coolest thing I've ever seen!! And the weather in our area of NW Ohio was perfect!

For those in the North American continent, here’s an idea. If you’re not planning on holding on to your eclipse glasses until the next total solar eclipse over North America in 20 years, here’s an option other than filling landfills with them.

https://astronomerswithoutborders.org/programs/solar-glasses-distribution

7 hours ago, bluebear said:

image.gif.1d7ff61d8318f0b19b24d41cfd6ccb9e.gif

• Like 2

Well in West TN it wasn’t totality but about 98-99%.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take the day off to head back to Arkansas where I used to live to be in totality.  Near totality was pretty cool though.  It got dusky and eerie at the same time and the temperature definitely dropped.  Hope I’m still alive in 20 years when the next total solar will cut through Arkansas.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wittenlover said:

This is 48! Celebrated my birthday on Sunday. Had gorgeous weather here in SE MI, so I even broke out a dress for the occasion. Mark that on your calendars, folks! This doesn’t happen often! 😆 lol

Resized_20240414_121336.jpeg

Happy birthday!  You look great!!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 4:52 PM, wittenlover said:

This is 48! Celebrated my birthday on Sunday. Had gorgeous weather here in SE MI, so I even broke out a dress for the occasion. Mark that on your calendars, folks! This doesn’t happen often! 😆 lol

Resized_20240414_121336.jpeg

Happy belated birthday. The weather has been really good. Except all this rain. You didn’t birthday wish for rain did you? 🙂

• Like 1