Post a Holiday Recipe & Win a Walmart Gift Card [Winners Posted]

Brad

Time for another contest. We do this one every few years so let's bring it back this year...

How to enter: reply to this thread and post a one or more recipes for your favorite holiday foods. Whether it's Christmas cookies, stuffing for Thanksgiving, a Halloween treat or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here.

Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm CT on Tuesday, October 31st. At that point I'll randomly select 3 winners from all eligible entries and you will each win a $25 Walmart / Sam's Club gift card!

Note: unlike past years with t-shirt contests, if you won a gift card you are welcome to try for another.

Good luck to everyone!

Also for anyone looking for more recipes to make this year, here are some of the recipe contest threads we've done in the past:

2009: https://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/101740-post-a-recipe-win-gottadealcom-black-friday-survival-kits-winners-chosen

2010: https://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/119822-post-a-holiday-recipe-win-gd-reusable-grocery-bags-winners-posted/

2011: https://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/151783-contest-post-a-recipe-win-a-black-friday-t-shirt-winners-posted/

2017: https://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/278035-post-a-recipe-win-black-friday-t-shirts-winners-posted/

2020: https://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/331554-post-a-recipe-win-mystery-shirt-prize-packs-winners-posted

• Like 1

Buckeyes.  My grandfather's wife made them every year while I was growing up, and now it's my job.

When I first decided to make them, I looked in a Southern Baptist recipe book I had.   I didn't realize it was enough to feed the entire church!

So now every year I make about 12 DOZEN buckeyes.  I'm too afraid to change the recipe, and they are always a big hit.

1 pound butter

2 pounds powdered sugar

3 pounds peanut butter

2 large bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix butter and peanut butter.  Add powdered sugar gradually.  Roll into balls and place in freezer. Dip into melted chocolate using a toothpick and place on wax paper.

• Like 1

Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert:

• 20 Oreo cookies, divided
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
  • 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
  • Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
  • In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
  • Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.

It's pretty rich, but oh, so good!

Peanut Butter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Little Smokies BBQ

2 packages of Lil smokies

Ketchup

Brown sugar

Worcester sauce

Put the smokies in a sauce pan....mix together brown sugar and ketchup.

Add a couple shakes of Worcester sauce.  Heat and stir occasionally.  Enjoy!!!

***Note:  I don't use a specific amount of ketchup and brown sugar.  I just mix it until it's thick.

I make this every year. My whole family loves it 

INGREDIENTS

Serves 8-10

• 30oz frozen shredded hash browns (I like Ore-Ida)
  • 1lb breakfast sausage, browned and drained (I like Jimmy Dean)
  • 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 12 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk, any kind
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Spray a 6-quart crock pot with nonstick spray then arrange half the hash browns into the bottom. Layer in half the cooked sausage, half of each kind of cheese, and the green onions. Repeat the hash brown, sausage, and cheese layers.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, then slowly and evenly pour over the top. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8 hours, or until eggs are set in the center. Scoop into bowls then serve.
Edited by ytmomof4
  • Like 5

We do these almost every year:

Candy Cane Cookies

1 cup sugar

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon peppermint extract

1 egg

3 1/2cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon red food color

2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy canes

2 tablespoons sugar

Pre heat oven to 375F

Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half.

Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Stir together peppermint candy canes and 2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.

For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies.

Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

• Like 5

So I've been eating sweet potato casserole for the holidays since I was a child and in turn have been making it for my children all their lives...However, I had to switch it up a few years ago because two of my three children really didn't care for the version I had come to love my entire life (the one with pineapples and marshmallows on top)... I searched the internet for another version and found one with a pecan topping... it was a hit! So now I make the original version and the pecan topping version every Thanksgiving... now I don't measure when I'm cooking, only when I'm baking, but I did find this recipe for anyone to use as a guide (because that's all recipes are) it has all the ingredients I typically use, but you may need a little more of this and a little less of that to make it your own...

*I double the pecan topping but you can do what you want, that's just me, lol... the whole recipe can be double or halved depending on the amount of people you're serving.

Ruth Chris' Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Mixture

3 Cups mashed sweet potatoes (baked is best, but can be boiled or popped in the microwave until tender or if you need to save time the canned ones, drained, will do in a pinch)

1 Cup sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1 tsp. Vanilla extract 

1/2 Cup butter, melted

1/2 tsp. salt

A splash (or two) of evaporated milk, OPTIONAL

Pecan Topping

1 Cup brown sugar

1/3 Cup all purpose flour

1 Cup chopped pecans

1/4 Cup butter, melted

• Combine ingredients for pecan topping and set aside.
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly.
  • Pour mixture into baking dish.
  • Sprinkle pecan topping on sweet potato mixture.
  • Bake for 30 mins (or until lightly browned and bubbling because ovens vary).

Let rest before serving as it may be a little loose straight from the oven. This recipe will serve 4-6 people.

*The sweet potatoes can be made ahead and placed in your baking dish without the pecan topping. If making ahead, bring sweet potatoes to room temp before placing pecan topping on and popping it in the oven.

ENJOY!!

• Like 3

I made this pie on a lark for work after telling my co-workers about it. It is a depression era pie and delicious. I have to admit that I was very skeptical about it but was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. The best part is that it's the easiest pie I have ever made! I made it for Christmas one year just for the laughs, but everyone enjoyed it so I have continued making it. Enjoy!

WATER PIE

1 deep dish 9 inch pie crust uncooked
  • 1 1/2 cups tap water
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons butter sliced

INSTRUCTIONS

Pour water into uncooked pie shell.
  • Whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Sprinkle over water in pie crust. DO NOT STIR.
  • Drizzle on vanilla extract and add butter pats on top of pie. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
  • Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 30 more minutes.
  • Pie will set up as it cools and is refrigerated.
  • It will look like it is not cooked when removed from oven but will set up once it is cold.

What Is Water Pie?

Edited by Suzy Crampton
  • Like 1

recipe for "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" cookies:

• 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts, pecans)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
  • Optional: 1/2 cup of any other mix-ins like M&M's, pretzels, etc.

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
  3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mix to the wet ingredients.
  5. Fold in all your mix-ins: chocolate chips, nuts, oats, coconut, raisins, and any other optional ingredients.
  6. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

I am very baking impaired but these sound amazing!

Apple Cinnamon Cookies

TIME ALLOTMENT

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Baking time: 15-16 minutes

Total Time: 30-31 minutes

Yield: 24-28 cookies

COOKING UTENSILS

• Bowls

• Upright mixer - OR - handheld mixer

• Measuring cups + spoons

• Baking tray

• Cooking spray/ parchment paper

Ingredients

• 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter

• 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar

• 3/4 cup (160g) brown sugar

• 1 egg

• 1/4 cup honey

• 1 tsp vanilla

• 2-3 tsp cinnamon

• 1 1/2 (120g) cup oatmeal

• 2 cups (244g) preferred baking flour

• Gluten Free Option: Substitute exact amount of gluten free flour + 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (unless your gluten free flour mix already has xanthan gum added)

• I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking.Flour (no need for extra xanthan gum)

• 1 tsp baking soda

• 1/2 tsp baking powder

• Pinch of salt

• 1/2 cup (85g) 1/4 inch cubed apple pieces

• I cut up one medium sized gala apple

Instructions 

1. In a bowl, cream together 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, 3/4 cup (160g) brown sugar, 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract (wet ingredients)

2. Whisk in 1 egg

3. Stir in 1/4 cup honey

4. In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups (244g) preferred baking flour, 1 1/2 (120g) cup oatmeal, pinch of salt, 2-3 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp baking soda (dry ingredients)

5. Slowly pour 1/4 portions of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until fully combined

6. Fold in 1/2 cup (85g) 1/4 inch cubed apple pieces

7. Take out golf ball sized portions of dough, and roll them together between your palms

8. Line a baking pan with either parchment paper - OR - cooking spray

9. Place dollar-sized balls of dough on the pan

10. Bake the biscuits in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-12 minutes

11. Allow the biscuits to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes before consumption

12. Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Suzy Crampton said:

I made this pie on a lark for work after telling my co-workers about it. It is a depression era pie and delicious. I have to admit that I was very skeptical about it but was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. The best part is that it's the easiest pie I have ever made! I made it for Christmas one year just for the laughs, but everyone enjoyed it so I have continued making it. Enjoy!

WATER PIE

1 deep dish 9 inch pie crust uncooked
  • 1 1/2 cups tap water
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons butter sliced

INSTRUCTIONS

Pour water into uncooked pie shell.
  • Whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Sprinkle over water in pie crust. DO NOT STIR.
  • Drizzle on vanilla extract and add butter pats on top of pie. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
  • Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 30 more minutes.
  • Pie will set up as it cools and is refrigerated.
  • It will look like it is not cooked when removed from oven but will set up once it is cold.

Do you have a pic?

Some friends ask for Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies every Christmas.

Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies

Place into a pot: 2cups sugar

1/2 cup margarine

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup cocoa

1/8 teaspoon salt

Bring to a boil. Boil hard for 2 minutes.

Take from stove and add: 1/2 cup peanut butter

3 cups quick cooking oatmeal

Mix well.

Drop by teaspoon on wax paper

Let stand 1 hour

Remove from paper

Enjoy

For slow moving or busy at home holiday mornings:

Blintz Casserole

Filling:

(1) 6 oz package cream cheese (room temperature)

1 cup cottage cheese

1 egg beaten

1 TBS sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Batter:

1/2 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)

1/3 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 cup flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 cup plain yogurt

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter and flour a large casserole dish (9x13). In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, add cottage cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla, mix well and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well. Add flour and baking powder. Mix in sour cream and yogurt and add orange juice.

Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared casserole dish, layer in filling and then top with remaining batter. Bake 45-50 minutes until lightly browned. Slice into squares and serve with a dollop of sour cream and yogurt and fresh berry preserves.

I make this every year for my kids.

Mint Chocolate Chip Pie

FOR THE CRUST

• 24 oreos
  • 1/4 c. melted butter   

Or Buy a premade Oero or chocolate pie crust

FOR THE FILLING

• 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
  • green gel food coloring
  • 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 tsp. peppermint extract
  • 1 c. mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
  • 1 c. Andes mints, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish

Make Crust: In a food processor, pulse Oreos until they form coarse crumbs. Add butter and blend until completely combined.

1. Press crumb mixture into bottom and evenly up sides of a 9" pie dish. (Try to make crust about 1/8"-thick evenly all around.) Refrigerate at least 1 hour before adding filling.
  2. Make Filling: Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a bowl.
  3. To bowl of stand mixer, add cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed, 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and food coloring and mix on low until smooth. Add vanilla and peppermint extracts and mix until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, then fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped Andes mints.
  4. Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth top. Sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and chopped Andes and drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate until firm, 5 to 6 hours.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, setlok73 said:

recipe for "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" cookies:

• 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts, pecans)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
  • Optional: 1/2 cup of any other mix-ins like M&M's, pretzels, etc.

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
  3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mix to the wet ingredients.
  5. Fold in all your mix-ins: chocolate chips, nuts, oats, coconut, raisins, and any other optional ingredients.
  6. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

My mom would make these and send them to my kids for Christmas... very good...

• Like 1

My family can't get enough of this at Christmas

REINDEER CRACK

3 CUPS SALTED PRETZELS

2 CUPS BUGLES

2 CUPS FRITOS

1 CUP CHEX MIX

1 CUP ROATED PEANUTS

1 1/2 CUP M&M'S

I PKG OF WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK

Melt chocolate and pour over mixture in bowl

Mix Well!

Spread on pan to cool

Break into pieces and store in air tight container.

For Christmas, I use the red & green M&M's.  For Easter, you can use pastel ones and call it Bunny crack!

• Love 1

This is always a big hit at parties and very easy to make!  It was my mom's recipe

DEVILED HAM DIP

1 CUP SOUR CREAM

1 CAN DEVILED HAM (4 1/2 OZ )

1 TBS AND 1 1/2 TSP MINCED ONIONS

1 TSP PREPARED MUSTARD

1/2 TSP CELERY SALT

Mix all ingredients 

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.  

Serve with Bugles

Makes 1 1/2 cups 

• Like 1

My son made Chocolate Crinkle cookies as a 4H project over the summer. We will definitely be making them for holiday get together this year 😋 

Ingredients

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled

2 cups granulated sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 eggs

2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup powdered sugar

Steps

1. In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.

2. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.

3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

My family loved this ! I was looking for a quick and easy dessert for our family Christmas party but also something a little different; I came across ….EGGNOG CHEESECAKE 😋

Eggnog Cheesecake

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins

Ingredients

Crust:

• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs

• 3 tablespoons melted butter

• 2 tablespoons white sugar

Filling:

• 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

• 1 cup white sugar

• 3/4 cup eggnog

• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

• 2 large eggs

• 2 tablespoons rum (optional)

• 1 pinch ground nutmeg

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2. Make the crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together in a medium bowl until well combined.

3. Press graham mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.

4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow crust to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

5. While the crust is cooling, make the filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar, eggnog, and flour in a food processor; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum, and nutmeg.

6. Pour eggnog mixture into cooled crust.

7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue to bake until edges are puffed and surface is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes. Loosen the sides of the springform pan; let cheesecake cool before removing the rim completely.

8. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Eggnog Sheet Cake with Eggnog Buttercream Frosting

IMG_7641.jpg

INGREDIENTS

YIELDS: 12-16 SERVINGS

• 3 Cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg ground
  • 1 Cup unsalted butter softened
  • 2 Cup sugar
  • 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 Cups eggnog
  • 4 large eggs

FOR THE EGGNOG BUTTERCREAM:

• 1 cup unsalted butter softened
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Eggnog
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon rum extract OR Vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • Sprinkles or Additional nutmeg

INSTRUCTIONS

• Eggnog Sheet Cake
  • Yields: 12-16 Servings
  • Prep time: 10 Mins
  • Cook time: 40-45 Mins
  • Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
  • 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 Cup sugar
  • 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 ¼ Cups eggnog
  • 4 large eggs
  • For the Eggnog Buttercream:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • ¼ Cup Eggnog
  • ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • ¼ teaspoon rum extract OR Vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • Sprinkles or Additional nutmeg
  • Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
  • Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg until combined.
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, and eggnog until well combined,
  • Beat in the eggs one at a time.
  • Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
  • Pour the batter into the baking dish, and smooth out the top.
  • Place into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Set aside to cool.
  • Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the butter until it turns white and creamy.
  • Turn the mixer to low speed and add the powdered sugar, along with the nutmeg and rum extract, then increase speed to medium and beat until smooth. Add the eggnog and continue to beat until the consistency is smooth and spreadable.
  • Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
  • Sprinkle the cake over either with holiday sprinkles or a light dusting of ground nutmeg.
  • Enjoy!

• Like 1

I am partial to homemade (not canned) cranberry sauce, and it is simple to make.

Here is a recipe and photo from the web.

Easy-Cranberry-Sauce-Recipe-1-of-1-6.jpg

Ingredients

• ⅔ cup sugar
  • ⅓ cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
  • ⅓ cup water
  • ⅔ cup orange juice
  • 12 oz cranberries rinsed and picked through -- bad/bruised cranberries removed

Instructions

• Combine sugars, water, and orange juice in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.  Stir occasionally until sugars are dissolved, and bring to a boil.  
  • Add cranberries and return to a boil.
  • Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook cranberries, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes or until all or most berries have burst (careful, there is some splatter) and the mixture is slightly reduced. The longer you cook your cranberries the thicker your mixture will be, but it will also thicken up after standing.
  • Transfer mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes at room temperature.
  • Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.  Or prepare in advance as cranberry sauce can keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.

Orange Salad

1 pkg. Orange jello

1 pkg. Tapioca Pudding

1 pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding

1 sm. Can Mandarin Oranges

1 8oz  Cool Whipe

Put orange jello, tapioca pudding and instant vanilla pudding in a cooking pan. Add 2 cups cold water (use juice from mandarin oranges as part of the 2 cup liquid). Cook until thickens. Cool and add drained mandarin oranges and cool whip. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

received_996037701452845~2.jpeg

Pecan Sandies

From the 1974 edition of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter

⅓ cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons water

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped pecans

Cream the butter and sugar; add the water and vanilla; mix well. Blend in the flour and nuts; chill the dough for 4 hours.

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Shape the chilled dough into balls or fingers. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool slightly; roll in powdered sugar.

Makes 3 dozen

Screenshot_20231029_175928_Photos.jpg

Edited by joymm58

I'm not much of a cook or baker, but these look and sound really good

Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties

• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
  • 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
  • 2 cups leftover stuffing
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • Unsweetened applesauce, optional
    1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
    2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet; press to flatten slightly. Fry on each side until golden brown and heated through, 4-5 minutes. Drain patties on paper towels. If desired, serve with applesauce.

Nutrition Facts

2 patties: 364 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.

My family and friends have me make this every holiday and special occasion. Make sure to follow the instructions accurately when mixing or it won't turn out right. Enjoy!

Yves' Banana Pudding
Ingredients
 2 bags of Vanilla Wafers
 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
 2 cups milk
 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
 1 bar of Butterfinger

Directions
 Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
 Sprinkle a layer of Butterfinger s on top of bananas.
 In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using
another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the
whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture
and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining
cookies.
 Sprinkle Butterfinger in spaces between cookies.
 Refrigerate until ready to serve.

All the recipes look so good. Thanks for sharing! Here is a recipe I made for Christmas last year that was a hit:

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Ingredients-

12 tablespoons Salted Butter, Room Temperature

1 cup Brown Sugar

2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips

Instructions-

1. Bake flour on a baking sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes (when flour reaches a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit).

2. Mix butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on high until fluffy.

3. Mix in vanilla, then add in flour once it has cooled. Add a little more baked flour if the dough is too sticky.

4. Fold in the chocolate chips. 

5. Use a mini ice cream scoop. Roll dough into balls in between the palms of your hands until smooth. Cut in half for smaller bites. Add more butter if it is too crumbly.

6.Place the chocolate chip dough balls on a plate or cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator to harden before putting away.

Store in sealed bag or container in refrigerator for 1 week or freezer for up to 3 weeks. 

To make Dairy-Free, I use Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Mini-chips and Earth Balance Butter.

You can also make the recipe your own by adding sprinkles or you can dip them in chocolate if you wish! 😀

• Like 2