Contest: Post a Recipe & Win a Black Friday T-Shirt [Winners Posted]

Brad

HOW TO WIN: This was a popular contest the last couple of years so we'll do it again: post a recipe for your favorite holiday dessert. Whether it's Christmas cookies, a pie for Thanksgiving or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here.

Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

I have hidden the previous years' threads so you can't just copy and paste a previous entry (not that any of you would be that lazy, lol), so if you entered in the past 2 years, try to find another recipe to use this year to keep things fresh.

You can post as many recipes as you'd like (please try to keep them all in one post if possible), but each person will only get one entry for the drawing.

Entries will be accepted until 8pm ET on Friday. At that point I'll randomly select 5 winners from all eligible entries and they will each win a Black Friday t-shirt!

Good luck to all!

http://i.gottadeal.com/main/images/merch/bfshirt2011.gif

http://familyfun.go.com/assets/cms/recipes/marshmallow-pilgrim-hats-thanksgiving-recipe-photo-80-FF1101THANKA17.jpg

I haven't tried these yet, but they will be on this year's list of desserts. If nothing more they'll be a fun recipe to try with my godson with the added bonus of being delicious too. How can you go wrong with chocolate and marshmallows?

Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats

Ingredients

24 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies

12-ounce package of chocolate chips

24 marshmallows

tube of yellow decorators' frosting

Instructions

Set the chocolate-striped cookies stripes down on a wax-paper-covered tray, spacing them well apart.

Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler.

One at a time, stick a wooden toothpick into a marshmallow, dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate, and promptly center it atop a cookie.

Using a second toothpick to lightly hold down the marshmallow, carefully pull out the first toothpick.

Chill the hats until the chocolate sets, then pipe a yellow decorators' frosting buckle on the front of each hat.

http://www.meals.com/imagesrecipes/129125lrg.jpgThis is our favorite pumpkin pie - no bake!

Ingredients

* 1 prepared 8-inch (6 oz.) graham cracker pie crust

* 4 oz. cream cheese, softened

* 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, chilled

* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar

* 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed

* 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, chilled

* 2 pkgs. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix

* 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin

* 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *

* Whipped topping (optional)

Directions

COMBINE cream cheese, 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of pie crust.

POUR 1 cup evaporated milk into bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until well mixed. Spread over cream cheese layer.

REFRIGERATE for 4 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped topping, if desired.

* NOTE: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves can be substituted for pumpkin pie spice.

Edited by mrsgrizzle
added picture

Simple Banana Cream Pie:

Graham cracker crust

1 16oz can of Vanilla Thank You pudding

1 fresh banana

Cool Whip

Put thin layer of pudding on crust. Spread sliced bananas on top of pudding. Spread remaining pudding. Top with cool-whip (using full tub). Best when refriderated overnight. Party favorite and super easy!!

This has been a Favorite of my Kids for Nearly 30 years (Good Lord, I am OLD!) ;) When they were little they thought that Mrs. Santa had made the cookies and the white on them was snow from the North Pole. :)

Chocolate Crinkles

http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/recipe/l_R122384.jpg

Ingredients

4 eggs

1 3/4 cups granulated sugar

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly

1/2 cup cooking oil

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups all-purpose flour

Powered Sugar to Roll the Cookies in

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, melted chocolate, oil, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Gradually beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle. *Note - I ALWAYS refrigerate overnight and take out small bits to work with at a time and leave the rest in the refrigerator as you are working with each batch... the Colder the Easier to roll up.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet; set aside. Place powered sugar in a small bowl. Shape one portion of dough into 1/2-inch balls. Shape the remaining portion of dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powered sugar to coat generously. Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.

3. Bake small cookies in the preheated oven about 8 minutes or until edges are set and tops are dry. Bake large cookies about 10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are dry. Do not overbake cookies. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. (Cookies will deflate slightly upon cooling.) Makes about about 72 small and 36 large cookies.

*To Store: Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

Yield: 36 large cookies or 72 small cookies (My Kids say the Bigger the Better!) ;)

I make these brownies for every occasion. They work out especially well when you have to bring a dessert to a large gathering. I cut them into small pieces because they are very rich.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gmi-digital-library/fa7086c7-3c14-4faf-855b-3fb421b7a744.jpg

Traditional Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

Brownie Base

1box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix

Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box

Filling

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

2 cups powdered sugar

2 teaspoons milk

Topping

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup butter

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.

In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.

In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.

Divinity

These scrumptious swirled confections are wonderful for gift-giving or adding to a plate of homemade candies.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gmi-digital-library/9b346911-8197-4ffd-b09c-21c49c5761bc.jpg

PREP TIME 20 min

TOTAL TIME 12 hr 55 min

SERVINGS 4

2 2/3 cups sugar

2/3 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

2 egg whites

1 teaspoon vanilla

2/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts

1. Cook sugar, corn syrup and water (use 1 tablespoon less water on humid days) in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking, without stirring, to 260ºF on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a hard ball that holds its shape but is pliable.

2. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Continue beating while pouring hot syrup in a thin stream into egg whites, beating constantly on medium speed. (For best results, use electric stand mixer, not a portable handheld mixer since beating time is about 10 minutes and mixture is thick.) Add vanilla. Beat until mixture holds its shape and becomes slightly dull. (Mixture may become too stiff for mixer.) Gently stir in nuts.

3. Drop mixture from buttered spoon onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature at least 12 hours, turning candies over once, until candies feel firm. Store in airtight container.

Expert Tips

Try it dry: Making this candy on humid days requires a longer beating time.

Leftover egg yolks keep for 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator; cover tightly to prevent a skin from forming. You can also freeze egg yolks, but they will be harder to mix with other ingredients once thawed. Add extra yolks to scrambled eggs or omelets for an extra-rich breakfast or brunch dish.

One of my favorite memories is making this with my mom every year.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ¼ C. Flour

1 Tsp. Baking Soda

1 Tsp. Salt

1 C. (2 sticks) Butter Softened

¾ C. Sugar

¾ C. Brown Sugar

1 Tsp. Vanilla

1 small Pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding(I use the sugar & fat free one)

2 Eggs

½ to ¾ of a bag of Milk Choc. Chips

Combine flour, b. soda, & salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, b. sugar, pudding, & vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in choc. Chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 9 to 11 minutes.

During christmas time I use the holiday plain m&m's instead of chocolate chips or I have even used the andes candes pieces.

Ricotta Cake

Susan Fitzpatrick 241 package yellow cake mix

(you can use lemon also)

2 pounds ricotta cheese

3/4 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 ° Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Prepare the cake according to the directions on package. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, sugar, eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls on top of uncooked cake. Bake at 350 ° for 1 ½ hours or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Sprinkle cooled with confectioners sugar. Keep refrigerated.

Low Fat / Sugar Free Pumpkin Muffins

(makes 20 small muffins) - 78 calories each and 1 gm of fat each

3 eggs

2 cups splenda

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 can (15oz) of 100% pure pumpkin

1 1/4 cup fat free milk

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp baking soda

3 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

Mix first 3 ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy. Then add the pumpkin and milk until all mixed. Add all dry ingredients and mix until lumps are gone and it's all mixed together good. Put in muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 20 min until done.

Make ahead french toast:

Ingredients

5 eggs, lightly beaten

1 1/2 cups milk

1 cup half-and-half cream

1/2 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 cup light brown sugar

2 tablespoons maple syrup

1 cup chopped pecans

Directions

1.In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Refrigerate overnight.

2.The next morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3.In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Spoon mixture over bread.

4.Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Very Yummy!!!

Cookies 'N Cream Jack-o'-Lantern Popcorn Balls

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/assets/recipe_images/Cookies_N_Cream_Jack-o_-Lantern_Popcorn_Balls.jpg

What You Need:

16 Halloween OREO Cookies, divided

5 cups air-popped popcorn

1/2 cup raisins

2-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows

1/3 cup butter or margarine

Make It:

CHOP 11 cookies; toss with popcorn and raisins in large bowl.

COOK marshmallows and butter in saucepan on low heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is blended, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat.

SHAPE into 10 (2-1/2-inch) balls. Cut remaining cookies in half. Insert 1 cookie half into top of each ball to make a "stem." Serve in cupcake liners if desired.

Christmas no bake Haystacks

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups butterscotch chips

1 12-ounce can of cocktail peanuts

5 ounces chow mein noodles

Red & Green M & M's

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Stir in nuts and noodles. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Try to shape like a small Christamas Tree. Decorate with Red & Green M&M's. Cool. Store covered in the refrigerator.

These are really fun & easy to make with kids. It is an activity that they enjoy. Then they can brag to Grandma how they made them themselves

Christmas Morning Baked Apple Pancake

3 Med-Lg Apples

1.5 Sticks Butter

1/2-3/4 C Brown Sugar

1 t. Cinnamon

2.5-3 Cups Prepared Pancake Batter

Melt butter in 10.5"-12" cast iron skillet, add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon, cook for a few minutes on med heat until well incorporated. Remove from heat pour pancake batter on top. Bake on 350 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let pan sit for 5-10 minutes, and turn over onto platter (will look similar to an upside down cake). Slice and add warm maple syrup. This is a tradition in our house, it is very good!

Edited by Buckeye Shopper
additional info

Sorry my picture will not load :mad:

Ingredients

1 pound walnut halves

1 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons milk

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the nuts start to turn brown and the smell of roasting nuts fills the kitchen.

2.Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees F (113 degrees C). Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla immediately. .

3.Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper, and immediately separate nuts with a fork. Cool, and store in airtight containers.

Here's my favorite holiday dessert. They are soooo easy to make!!!! Guaranteed people will love them. You can adjust the rum...I use a bit more :)

Rum Balls:

Ingredients

1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed

1 1/2 cups chopped nuts

3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup cocoa 1/2 cup light rum

3 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/8 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and cocoa.

Mix in rum and corn syrup.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.

(optional) Store rum balls in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days to develop flavor. Roll them again in confectioners' sugar before serving.

i made up a recipe and make it almost every year. cranberry/pepper bread

make a standard banana bread but substitute chopped cranberries and minced jalapenos instead of bananas.

also put a little cayenne pepper in your favorite fudge recipe

for the bread i guess 2 eggs

1 1/2 c flour

1 c sugar

3-4 minced jalapenos

1 c chopped cranberries

stir and bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes

Ghosts in the Graveyard

http://www.kraftcanada.com/assets/recipe_images/rec_r1_2305ec.jpg

2 pkg. Chocolate Instant Pudding

3 cups milk

1 tub Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

15 Oreo Cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)

Assorted decorations: Creme Sandwich Cookies, decorating gel, 5 candy pumpkins, 10 candy corn pieces

Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in 3 cups cool whip and half the cookie crumbs. Spread into 13x9-inch dish; sprinkle with remaining crumbs.

Refrigerate 1 hour.

Insert decorated cookies into top of dessert just before serving. Add candies. Drop large spoonfuls of remaining cool whip onto dessert to resemble ghosts.

My family loves this, I have made 4 graveyards this year. I'm still trying to think of a way to make this for Christmas

Freezer Apple pie filling--I make this every year to have with french toast, pancakes or waffles (or by itself) Christmas morning....nothing fancy but is good! Easy to make and freeze ahead or leave it to the last minute and do it up the night before!

24 cups of apples peeled cored and sliced

5 cups water

3 tablespoons lemon juice

2 1/2 cups sugar (can use Splenda!)

2 cups brown sugar

1 cup corn starch

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

peel and toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl

pour water into large pan and bring to boil over medium heat

combine sugars, corn starch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add to water stir well and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.

add apples, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 mins

cool for 30 minutes-ladle into 5 freezer containers leaving 1/2" head space, I used freezer bags!

cool for no longer than 1 1/2 hours! Freeze....great on ice cream too!

Santa Hat Party Mix

Here’s what you’ll need…

Bugles

Red Melting disks

Mini marshmallows

White sprinkles (I used nonpareils)

Melt the candy melts, along with a tablespoon of shortening (to help thin the melted candy), in 30 second intervals on half power in your microwave until melted.

Immediately start dipping.

Let them set up for 10 minutes or so on parchment or wax paper.

When they are set, remelt the red candy disk (if necessary) and dip just the bottoms (the large part of the Bugle) into the white sprinkles.

Then flip it over and dip the top in the melted candy and press a mini marshmallow on top.

And voila…Bugle Santa Hats!

If you want to use the hats as an addition to a mix here’s an idea for a sweet and salty mix that’s easy and yummy.

Feel free to play around with the additions and make it your own!

3 cups mini pretzels

1/2 cup craisins

1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts

2 cups Rice Chex

2 cups holiday colored M&M’s

8 oz. white chocolate for melting

Spread all your ingredients, EXCEPT M&M’s, out on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.

Melt your white chocolate according to package directions and drizzle over the pretzel mix.

Transfer into a large bowl and coat mix with chocolate.

Return to baking sheet to allow to dry.

When chocolate is set, sprinkle M&M’s and Bugle Santa Hats over the mix.

Transfer to big bowl to serve!

Wine Cheese Ball

2 C. grated Sharp Cheddar

3 Tbls. Sour Cream

1 1/2 C. grated Swiss Cheese

1 Tbls. Grey Pompon

1/2 C. Cream Cheese

1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt

1/8 tsp. Garlic salt

4 drops hot sauce

4 Tbls. Port Wine

chopped nuts.

Makes 4 cheese balls: Beat all ingredients except wine and nuts together until almost smooth. Gradually beat in wine until well blended. Shape into a ball. Refrigerate covered for several hours to allow flavor to blend. Remove from refrigerator 30 mins. before serving and roll in chopped nuts.

:gdlicklips:I always make ths quick,easy and delicious candy for the holidays. So easy, so yummy :fluffy:

1 bag of the bow shaped pretzels

1 bag rolo candies (unwrapped)

30 walnuts or nut of your choosing

on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper place the pretzels . Top each pretzel with a rolo candy. Place in 350 degree oven for 3-4 mins, until rolo candy melts over the top of the pretzel. Wait 1-2 minutes and place the walnut on top of it....voila. I have also made the "turtles" with the nut directly on top of the pretzel and placed the rolo on top of that till it melts.

I hope this is picked cause I really want a GD t shirt (or anything GD, lol)

Christmas Morning Monkey Bread.

I have made this since I was in my late teens on Christmas morning. We snack on it while opening gifts :yup:

4 pkgs canned biscuits

1/2 C brown sugar

1/2 C white sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla

1 stick of butter (melted)

open and quarter the biscuits. Mix together the dry ingredients. Grease a bundt pan and preheat oven at 375 degrees. Put all the dry ingredients in a baggie then place a few biscuit pieces at a time into the baggie till coated, place in the bundt pan until all 4 pkgs used. Melt vanilla and butter together pour over mixture evenly. Place in oven for 20 mins, let cool and dump pan over onto plate and serve. You must eat this with your fingers until you are totally messy and full!

Rice Krispie Holiday Wreaths.

My step daughter and I enjoy making these every year.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows

1 teaspoon green food coloring

6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®

Canned frosting or decorating gel (**We use red hots for the berries and thin red licorice to tie for the bows instead of frosting or gel)

Assorted candies

Directions

In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.

Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray portion cereal mixture. Using buttered hands each portion into small wreath. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.

Footnotes

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:

In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.

For best results, use fresh marshmallows.

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.

Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.

Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 160 | Total Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 8mg

I would love to make these:

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/small/18726.jpg

Peppermint Brittle

Ingredients

2 pounds white chocolate

30 small peppermint candy canes

Directions

1.Line a large jellyroll pan with heavy-duty foil.

2.Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on medium setting for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.

3.Place candy canes in a plastic bag, or between two pieces of waxed paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, break the candy canes into chunks. Stir peppermint into melted white chocolate. Spread evenly in pan, and chill until set, about 1 hour. Break into pieces by slamming pan on counter.

I wish I had a picture, This is a colorful pretty salad. My grandma turned 94 today and she has made this desert every christmas since my mother was a small child. It is very good.

CHRISTMAS SALAD

Ingredients. 1 box lemon jello

1 box cherry jello

1 8oz package cream cheese

1 large can pineapple crushed

1 bag miniature marshmallow

1/2 pint whipping cream

DIRECTIONS

Fix lemon jello according to box direction. Add cream cheese while still warm. Let cool then whip until foamy.

add crushed pineapple and the whipped cream. ( whip the cream first). I had a not very smart family member misread the directions and just dump the whipping cream in. It looked a mess.

Pour in 9 by 13 cake pan and chill. Fix cherry jello and let cool . Pour on top.

My mom always made these every Christmas and Thanksgiving.

take all the left over dough from your pies and roll it into a ball

roll it out to about 1/4 in thick

sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar

roll it up so that its a long roll

slice it into 3/4 - 1 inch sections

Place sections on a cookie sheet

bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes

I think I just gained 5 lbs from reading this thread! :gdlicklips:

My grandmother makes this all the time, and it's super fast to put together!

PEOPLE/PUPPY CHOW

1 box Chex cereal (corn or wheat)

1 stick butter

1 cup smooth peanut butter

1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate chips

1 bag powdered sugar

Melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a saucepan. Pour melted mixture over Chex in a large bowl and stir carefully until all of it is covered. Put 2 cups (or more to taste) of powdered sugar into a large plastic (Ziploc) bag and pour coated cereal mixture into it, then shake til all cereal is covered with powdered sugar. The powdered sugar will cause the chocolate covered Chex to separate into small pieces. Enjoy!!!

I look forward to this dessert every Christmas. It's super easy to make and delicious to eat!

What you need:

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding

1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows

1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans

1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl.

STIR in COOL WHIP.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour.

Xmas Mint Cookies:

Ingredients

1/2 lb Melting Chocolate baking chocolate

2 -3 drops peppermint extract

1 package Ritz crackers

Directions

Melt Chocolate over low heat.

Add 2 to 3 drops of Peppermint oil.

You do not need alot so make sure they are small drops.

Mix.

Line a cookies sheet with foil.

Dip Crackers into Chocolate,Cover and lay on cookie sheet make sure they do not touch.

Chill until firm.

Enjoy.