GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

May means something different around here. We've had 2 severe weather days this week, and May has barely gotten started. One little town East of me got hit by a tornado both days. They didn't even have time to clean up from Monday when boom Wednesday hit. I'll be honest and tell you I love the adrenaline of severe weather. Even when it gets scary, it's a little exhilarating. But I sure hate to see the destruction.

• Like 3

May means something different around here. We've had 2 severe weather days this week, and May has barely gotten started. One little town East of me got hit by a tornado both days. They didn't even have time to clean up from Monday when boom Wednesday hit. I'll be honest and tell you I love the adrenaline of severe weather. Even when it gets scary, it's a little exhilarating. But I sure hate to see the destruction.

Same here.  We’ve had so many tornado outbreaks already this year. Thankfully no huge EF-4/EF-5 yet.  

• Like 1

Just got reminded to check in for May. Been distracted with installing security camera's for a couple of clients the last few months and finally got Valve's "Steam Deck" delivered and in my hands after I put $5 down last year in July and waiting so long for it. Valve really put out a nice product, and easily able to add Xbox Game Pass on it and emulators and of course, play my steam games on there!

The Steam Deck might be a big wanted item when the holidays come around later this year or maybe perhaps the switch will still be the number one gaming handheld that gamers want.

Trying to replace our pool. Need to take down the old one and put up a new one. Why is it that every weekend we can do it, it rains. Next weekend will probably be good to do it, but we have graduation parties both days  :gdcensored:

Vacation is booked! And after dealing with a certain co-worker this school year I definitely need a vacation. Wanted to go to Waikiki Beach again this year but still not sure of things with covid so heading back to St. Pete Beach in Florida. We went there last year and had a great time so we're heading back that way. I can't wait!

• Like 2

May check-in.

May has been busy and summer is just around the corner.  Our 15 year old daughter earned her yellow belt in Tae-kwon-do.  she also tried out and made the U.S. team for our region and will compete in the 2023 World Martial Arts Games (which will be held in the U.S., don't know what city yet).  She had several injuries; a broken ankle then fractured her foot (neither came from karate), slightly pulled muscle in shoulder (from sparring), and just before tryouts her back went out of alignment and she missed a month of karate.  She is definitely a fighter.

During May she also got a job babysitting a little boy that goes to our church.  She is homeschooled and has done the bulk of her school for the year.  She still has some tests and quizzes and she will do math, Grammar, Literature, and Composition throughout the summer (she will spend less than 2 hours per day and won't do school everyday).

Happy May everyone

• Like 1

Checking in, almost missed the month! Very eventful month. Took a roadtrip to az. Went to the crayola experience and participated in the P.O.W.W.O.W. produce rescue. Then got home and caught covid! We each got it one by one. My youngest daughter is still negative. She is avoiding us like the plague. Everyone else is pretty much recovered. I am still symptomatic. Messing up granddaughter's graduation and my 30th anniversary! Gotta get moving!