GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

It's now December so the club is closed to new members. We're at 42 members this time, which means you've already received an upgrade to at least 3 bags per member if you make it all year.

I figured we'd have less members this year because I posted the thread 3 days later than last year. I thought about starting it in December 1st but giving 31 days to join might have led to way too many members (and bags to buy).

Next year will be interesting because Cyber Monday won't be until December 2nd so there will still be a lot of people on the board in December. Might just have to give a certain number of days to sign up instead of the whole month.

It's really meant to reward those of you who are around often so congrats to those of you who were on the forum and found the thread in the 3 days it was available for signups :)

Also, yesterday I received a sample of the bags just to make sure they are the same size/quality/construction as the old ones from 10 years ago and from what I can tell they haven't changed which is great. Now I'll just wait for a deal at some point during the next year and order several hundred of them. I might crowdsource the design for the bag as well in here over the coming months.

Maybe link memberships to posts made until the end of November?  That might increase traffic during November.

I just returned from the candle madness at Bath & Body Works. Happy December! I have gotten a decent amount of shopping done. I may consider starting to wrap tonight; I’ll have to check the TV Christmas schedule [emoji4]

Oh my lord you are a much braver soul than I am!  I did it once and I said "never again" however, if I wasn't sick I probably would have ventured there today for a couple of "off-season" scented candles.  I was actually going to bite the bullet and pay shipping online but before I could finish scrolling through the ones I had in my cart sold out.  LOL.  Guess the world is trying to tell me I don't need any candles.  :)

• Like 2

I just got around to checking my emails today and I have two from Kohls.......one is a $10 birthday month gift and the other has a $15 Y2Y rewards in it.....sweet heaven now I have to go back to Kohl's and find something else to buy.  LOLOL.   ACK........maybe shoes this time.  

At least I have the entire month of December to spend them both.  

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 2

I went to Walmart today and was quite surprised to see they still had some Black Friday movies for sale.  I thought for sure they'd either be shipped back or thrown into bins by now.  I didn't have much time to look but almost get the Divergent series but never seen them so I didn't want to blind buy 3 movies I didn't know I'd like.

Also this counts as my December post so that's why it also seemed like a rant.  Happy December everyone.

"It's a long December and there's reason to believe, that this year will be better than the last"- Counting Crows

• Like 1

I just got around to checking my emails today and I have two from Kohls.......one is a $10 birthday month gift and the other has a $15 Y2Y rewards in it.....sweet heaven now I have to go back to Kohl's and find something else to buy. LOLOL. ACK........maybe shoes this time.

Hmmm..I got the Y2Y one but not the Birthday one (mine is 12/5) I’ll have to wait and see if that shows up.

• Like 1

Happy December everyone! 

For those into smart home stuff, I am interested in thoughts on the wifi door locks.  Are there any out there that do NOT require a hub?  I've seen the bluetooth ones, but I'm not sure if I want to do that.  I'd rather do wifi where I can unlock for my parents when I am at work.

Happy December everyone!

For those into smart home stuff, I am interested in thoughts on the wifi door locks. Are there any out there that do NOT require a hub? I've seen the bluetooth ones, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'd rather do wifi where I can unlock for my parents when I am at work.

Check out the August smart lock. I use Airbnb a lot and multiple hosts use them so they don’t have to deal with keys.

My dad is 76 and is still (happily) working full-time, even though he doesn't have to. We tell him he should retire and enjoy life, but his response is always,"If I retire, then what will I do?" He works 3rd shift and tonight is the night my 2 sisters and I go to his house after he leaves for work and put up his Christmas tree & spend the night there. We've been doing this for several years now and he expects it every year but it's always fun to watch his reaction when he walks into the house in the morning and we're all there. We hide our cars so he doesn't know we're there till he walks in. It's always a good time!

• Like 9

My dad is 76 and is still (happily) working full-time, even though he doesn't have to. We tell him he should retire and enjoy life, but his response is always,"If I retire, then what will I do?" He works 3rd shift and tonight is the night my 2 sisters and I go to his house after he leaves for work and put up his Christmas tree & spend the night there. We've been doing this for several years now and he expects it every year but it's always fun to watch his reaction when he walks into the house in the morning and we're all there. We hide our cars so he doesn't know we're there till he walks in. It's always a good time!

awww......I love this!

• Like 1

Happy December everyone. It's been a beautiful weekend here in Texas with 77 degree weather. Unfortunately the cold front coming through the mid-west is going to bring some coldness this week. Dress accordingly wherever you are.

• Like 1

We have so much to talk about.  Broadcast television got a shot in the arm when Amazon launched their Recast.  The Alexa Skills required to support the Recast open doors for others.  I'm looking forward to the competition between the Tablo TV DVR and the Recast.  Nothing new on the Amazon front for me, but I have started replacing the wall switches in my home with Insteon switches.  I just bought my third TCL Roku TV.  If you guys want to talk about the best television for OTA, I'm all mouth.  I went to a mall last night to pick up a Snowblower.  It was a Craftsman 88694 26" 208cc Dual-Stage Zero-Turn Snowblower.  I have been shopping for three years and this was the smallest machine on my list.  At $700, it was as inexpensive as I have ever seen it.  Add $257 of SYW points and I was sold.  We could talk about the AMAZING young woman who ran the pickup operation at that mall on her cell phone when the computers went down.  I got a couple laptops this year.  In a couple weeks, I will be able to offer first impressions.  And only twelve more months to post...

I love hearing stories about people going above and beyond their job description

It's now December so the club is closed to new members. We're at 42 members this time, which means you've already received an upgrade to at least 3 bags per member if you make it all year.

I figured we'd have less members this year because I posted the thread 3 days later than last year. I thought about starting it in December 1st but giving 31 days to join might have led to way too many members (and bags to buy).

Next year will be interesting because Cyber Monday won't be until December 2nd so there will still be a lot of people on the board in December. Might just have to give a certain number of days to sign up instead of the whole month.

It's really meant to reward those of you who are around often so congrats to those of you who were on the forum and found the thread in the 3 days it was available for signups :)

Also, yesterday I received a sample of the bags just to make sure they are the same size/quality/construction as the old ones from 10 years ago and from what I can tell they haven't changed which is great. Now I'll just wait for a deal at some point during the next year and order several hundred of them. I might crowdsource the design for the bag as well in here over the coming months.

Or a tier system for the prizes

I just got around to checking my emails today and I have two from Kohls.......one is a $10 birthday month gift and the other has a $15 Y2Y rewards in it.....sweet heaven now I have to go back to Kohl's and find something else to buy.  LOLOL.   ACK........maybe shoes this time.  

Funny my list keeps growing every time I log in. lol

Yeah, I just can't do BBW anymore. My mom went at 6:30 this morning (while she was out of town even!) and bought 12. She loves those.

Oh dear, I forgot about Y2Y rewards... I just checked and I have $30! I've already bought ALL THE THINGS!

$30 wow! I only got $20

I went to Walmart today and was quite surprised to see they still had some Black Friday movies for sale.  I thought for sure they'd either be shipped back or thrown into bins by now.  I didn't have much time to look but almost get the Divergent series but never seen them so I didn't want to blind buy 3 movies I didn't know I'd like.

Also this counts as my December post so that's why it also seemed like a rant.  Happy December everyone.

"It's a long December and there's reason to believe, that this year will be better than the last"- Counting Crows

That is a good series, you should grab them if they are still there next time you go in.

How awesome! :)

• Like 1