Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Thanks OP for the heads up on the water hoses.  Picked them up this morning for .99 each.

Can't find the sunblock deals.  Scored the paper products at 70% (they usually disappear at 50%, so very lucky this year) and found a few stragglers at 90%.

Slim picking's this year at 90%.  Still managed to get the jelly belly ice shaver and green apple flavoring, so the kiddos are happy.

Were there any water gun packs this year?  Last year they had the 3 packs for .09 (.99 originally) and I stocked up for pool parties.  Didn't see anything like that this year.

Yes they had the water gun packs! I posted a photo and they are in them! They were still .09 cents! 

Well, I have a little bit of interesting news regarding toy clearance.  I stopped by one of my Targets this afternoon (they typically markdown on Thursdays, but I think once or twice they have done it on Wednesday).  Sure enough, they had someone in the toy aisles marking down.  I had her scan two lego sets and one game.  The Lego sets didn't budge in clearance price at all (they were maybe either 15 or 30% off).  I also had her scan a game and it only went down to 50% off!  I checked another random toy that she had already scanned and it was also only at 50% off.  What is going on??  Anyone else been to a store that is doing Wednesday markdowns??

Summer was all gone here though I didn't hunt very hard for hidden items.  Toys not marked down here today... anyone see them at 70%?  Jealous of the sunblocks b/c none clearanced here at all.    Saw some "big" baby stuff clearanced, car seats, strollers, etc, but didn't look closely b/c I didn't need any big stuff.  There were tags for other baby clearance on the shelves, but were all empty.  Not sure if they took them in back to mark them but I'm guessing they are gone since it is Wednesday and baby usually gets marked Monday.

Do you have the barcode number off the target brand sunblock and what the packaging looks like.  I scanned every package that looked remotely different today and couldn't find any.  I did find one coppertone 90 off but that was it. 

The Target is a 3 pack of sport sunscreen "summer value pack" white bottles with orange writing and tops, there is a beachball on the front of the packaging.  Barcode is 071661826322.

Well, I have a little bit of interesting news regarding toy clearance.  I stopped by one of my Targets this afternoon (they typically markdown on Thursdays, but I think once or twice they have done it on Wednesday).  Sure enough, they had someone in the toy aisles marking down.  I had her scan two lego sets and one game.  The Lego sets didn't budge in clearance price at all (they were maybe either 15 or 30% off).  I also had her scan a game and it only went down to 50% off!  I checked another random toy that she had already scanned and it was also only at 50% off.  What is going on??  Anyone else been to a store that is doing Wednesday markdowns??

Interesting. I have found that many toys are not even marked at 50% yet. The legos at my stores never hit 70%. Their cyle is 15%, 30%, 50% then salvage. But many post that their stores do 70% on legos. I went to a store today that did toy markdowns on Wed last year and there was no markdown team to speak of. Also there were hardly any toys priced at 50% off. Most seemed to be priced at 30% off. Not sure if they would go straight to 70% or 50% tomorrow and then 70% next week? Seems very little toys are on clearance this year anyway.

Which store did you find the hoses at? I went to both Pasadena stores yesterday around noon. The east Pasadena store was still at 70% and not much there. The 2 story Pasadena store was 90% and very picked over. Only bought Coppertone sunscreen and 1 glad press and seal.

East pas had art least 4 of each color 70% yesterday. I asked a friend to get me more today @ 90%. They were in garden and not marked.

Can't resist posting that the Kona, HI store is 90% and has stuff left today. :-)

• Like 1

Went back to target worried they may have marked toys later in the afternoon, but they didn't. I actually have my eye on several things this time.

I have seen toys go straight to 70 from less than 50 every July/jan, so don't let that alone discourage anyone :) Markdowns seem to always go in 2 week increments, so whatever gets marked this week wouldn't get marked again for 2 weeks... Someone correct that if I'm wrong ;)

Did find Glad cling wrap at 90% tonight, said "summer edition" or something like that in big letters on right of box.

There were lots of bagged coffees 30-50% that weren't marked earlier. Mostly archer farm brand, but also Starbucks, etc. Archer farms coffe coupon on target.com $1.50 off 2.

• Like 1

I'm the one who posted about my store doing a few small toy markdowns yesterday afternoon (our store sometimes marks toys on Wednesdays).  Does that mean they are going to wait another two full weeks before they do another markdown??

ya everyone is waiting for toys to go 70% should be some time this week

I'm starting to seriously doubt it. The fact that no Wednesday stores went doesn't give me much hope. I'm not even going to bother going out and looking. Most everything I was interested was gone at 30% anyways. :( Probably good since my kids don't need more toys! lol

I got there at open.  Markdown was in toys, had marked down those light-up lego-looking things down to 70%, and she was marking down giant rubber balls to 50%.  I didn't ask her any questions b/c I never bother the markdown team.  Also saw someone marking down shoes.  Went to get a coffee to wait on her, came back and she had moved on to sporting goods.  I didn't see anything else in toys that had been marked down from last night.  Unless someone posts that they saw 70% today I'm not going to bother going back later this afternoon.   I couldn't find anything from summer to scan to see if still 90 or salvaged.

I'm the one who posted about my store doing a few small toy markdowns yesterday afternoon (our store sometimes marks toys on Wednesdays).  Does that mean they are going to wait another two full weeks before they do another markdown??

No, I think they will mark down again in the toy department next week, but different items.  I don't think I've ever seen them mark down a particular *item* on back to back weeks.

Edited by boredbread

I know this is a longshot but I am hoping that one (or more) of you can help me.  I totally dropped the ball and I am a bad mom :(  I know it may seem ridiculous but if anyone bought any of the packages of rainbow glitter party hats by Spritz when they went clearance, can I please, please, please buy them from you?  I will pay for the hats and shipping via paypal.  They are seriously the ONE thing my son asked for his birthday party.  He is turning 3 and we are doing a silly monster theme and he actually said to me (after I suggested it) "mama, that would be so awesome if we put google eyes on the party hats for my party"  Seriously, every single time we saw those hats in the store, he would ask me if that was the day we were going to "take them home and glue google eyes on them"  I had no idea they would be clearanced so quickly.  Just for reference, in all the stores I went to, they were always on an endcap near party and displayed with a bunch of other rainbow themed party goods.  They come in a package of 6 and there is a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple hat in the package.  They were originally $4.99 and marked down to $1.48.  I am willing to pay more than the 70% off price!!  DCPI is 053 00 0008.  I am seriously begging - please, please help!!!

I found a set of these this morning and bought it if you still want it!  They were only half off (actually, they were removed from the system, but the tag said 2.48 so she sold it to me at that price.  Let me know if you still want them and I can have my husband mail them tomorrow.  kristinraye @ yahoo dot com

Found Mossimo jeans 70% off on shelves along back wall in ladies' clothes and also found terry cloth lightweight hoodies 70% (those were actually on back wall of maternity but are not maternity...location may vary from store to store).

Yes they had the water gun packs! I posted a photo and they are in them! They were still .09 cents! 

Thanks.  I looked through the pics and found the green motorized water guns but no luck on the multi packs.  Bummed out, since those are always such a big hit.  Now, if I could only find the batteries needed for those green water guns at 90%!! :wacko:

• Like 1

a few toys had been marked to 50%. most others still 30%, and Legos 15%

90% summer was marked yesterday at one of my stores but the day before at the other. If you are looking for this stuff, you need to know what you are looking for. 

Someone posted pictures in a previous post.

I found a set of these this morning and bought it if you still want it!  They were only half off (actually, they were removed from the system, but the tag said 2.48 so she sold it to me at that price.  Let me know if you still want them and I can have my husband mail them tomorrow.  kristinraye @ yahoo dot com

Oh my goodness!!  YES - I definitely still want them!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  I will send you a message now :)

Is there an inventory checker that actually works?  I am so excited to use some of these items to put together for a silent auction for my husband's co-worker on Saturday.  I would go look for more too, but want to know what I might find before I go if I can.

Does anyone know if its too late to look for summer clearance? I haven't had a chance to go so I have no idea if/when the stores in Columbia, SC went 90%.

in Northern CA, my store was 90% off on Tuesday and was still 90% off today (Thursday).  Found summer items 90% off in the dollar section (justice league items, glow necklaces, flashing ducks).

My store in central California was a bust. I drug the kids out of bed and was there at open. My daughter had a cart and so did I and like previous years filled up with anything with a red tag. The lady was scanning products and I asked her if she was marking down and said yes. I went back after everything was in the cart and very few items were 70%. I went back to her and asked if she was marking down to 70%. She said only some products are 70%, some are 50% and others are 30%. She said they don't do a 70% markdown until after Christmas. HUH? I told her I've gone the past few years in July and got MANY toys for 70%. My daughter and I reshelved most of the stuff. I think we got some Batman and WWE toys for birthday parties, an Orbies remote bug thing for my daughter, and a Thomas pirate set for my son for 70%. We got a stomp rocket by air hogs and Barbie squinkies for 50% and that was it. My summer stuff was GONE! I really could have used one of those hoses too.

I went this afternoon and bought a Baby Alive Walkin Baby 70% off $12.xx and two of the Lasar Pegs for around $6 each. Really didn't see much else that I wanted. There weren't any women with carts full of toys either. This was probably the worst toy sale ever in the seven years I've been going. Happy I got the doll though!

Anybody know if summer is still ringing?

At one of my stores it was and at the other it wasn't :(  Btw - did you get my email about the party hats you found?  If not, check your spam folder but also check your messages here.  Or email me at autumnbride1018 @ yahoo dot com