Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Part of me feels that way too which is why the only place I post is here :)

V day still 70% here today surprisingly. Did find 2 mini Lalaloopsy dolls in reg toys that were Vday clearance. Had "only at target" on the front.

I was waiting for kids bedding to go down to 50% but almost all gone here at 30 % :(

Bedding all disappeared overnight here. With a sick kiddo, I didn't get to check yesterday whether it went down. I'd been watching a King size quilt.

Could be...because so many people were tipped off to go buy it. Totally Target thinks it might be due to it being "set" with Easter now. Could be.

No, that isn't it. Our Easter was set several days ago with these items having tags and everything. They caught it. No doubt in my mind at all. It isn't the first time they've done this, and before it has gone until the the item was salvaged, and only then did it ring up correctly. In fact, the sesame street stuff was ringing 70% off the full price of $7.99, rather than the current $4.99 price.

No, that isn't it. Our Easter was set several days ago with these items having tags and everything. They caught it. No doubt in my mind at all. It isn't the first time they've done this, and before it has gone until the the item was salvaged, and only then did it ring up correctly. In fact, the sesame street stuff was ringing 70% off the full price of $7.99, rather than the current $4.99 price.

You are paying more for your Sesame in CA than we are in MN. They are $5.99 regularly priced here.

I also forgot to mention a package of Lip Smackers I got for .39. It is blue, with chapstick, nail policy, and gloss in it. There are lips on the packaging. There are packages like it that were not 90% off.

You are paying more for your Sesame in CA than we are in MN. They are $5.99 regularly priced here.

That is often the case. They charge more for some items to cover higher rents. Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it annoyed me, so I did. These Sesame Street toys as well as the Chelsea dolls were "on sale" for $4.99 the ENTIRE period of the holiday, from the moment they were set, until the holiday, THEN they went back to regular price $5.99 or $7.99 before going on markdown for clearance.

Most stuff 90% off. I scanned one of the boxed Valentine cards w/candy sets and they rang up 70% off.

Same here. Not sure why those were only at 70%.

I got some of the Godiva sets for .99 (90%) for teacher appreciation/Mother's Day gifts.

I can't imagine paying 10 bucks for that stuff but I'm not a chocolate fan,so maybe they're worth it?

Nobody's posted but I lucked past some men's boxers and lounge pants at 90% off. cookie monster, beavis&butthead, seasme street, hershey kisses. The pants were red little devil and sesame street.

I also picked up some dog toys and managed to find the boys shirts and a very cute minnie mouse set 12M, its a dress(white or grey)with tulle skirt attached and pink undies $1.80. There were lots of Valentines looking stuff in girls but nothing rang up 90%.

update: forgot to add I got some cute long sleeve baby onesies not really vday theme at 90% off. One said "my middle name is romeo", another was lime green with a phone and some txt message, another was black with a heart and the word Mom in it and the last was a stick figure type thing can't recall what it said. I think they were regular $5 so came to .50 each.

Late yesterday the Vday was 90%. Only one endcap left but there were dog biscuits and toys for 49 cents, whoopie pie and brownie pop kits, slipper socks, and some non-chocolate candy. Was hoping for 70% off heated blankets but they were only 50, however this was at a store that is not marking down as quickly as others (two days ago got some bodega items for 50 off and they were only 30 off at this store).

Has anyone else seen electric blankets/throws 70 off in DFW area?

Late yesterday the Vday was 90%. Only one endcap left but there were dog biscuits and toys for 49 cents, whoopie pie and brownie pop kits, slipper socks, and some non-chocolate candy. Was hoping for 70% off heated blankets but they were only 50, however this was at a store that is not marking down as quickly as others (two days ago got some bodega items for 50 off and they were only 30 off at this store).

Has anyone else seen electric blankets/throws 70 off in DFW area?

I've been watching those blankets too and they have been holding at 50 off here for over a month now.

Comforter sets (brown w/flowers) were 70% off today. Blankets and pillows still 50%.

Got some more of the boxed vday candy. The Nestle Crunch bars in boxes w/vday cards. Bars are minis without any vday graphics. 20 per box for .34 each. Also found the crayons and bouncy balls for 90% off. Lego packs ringing full price.

Anyone in DFW see the outdoor doormats go 70%, please post. Mine are shot and I'm too cheap to pay the 30% off price:D

Found some stuff in the bulk section. 15%, 30% and 50%.

Luvs diapers 15% off, Huggies diapers 30%. Still cheaper price per diaper to buy luvs. Would be even better if you had coupons. I'm gonna dig through all my diaper coupons to see what I have. Would love to snag some diapers at 50% but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Best find today was crest 3 pack toothpaste and 4pk colgate toothbrushes for $2.98 in bulk section. They were 50% off, plus target has a promotion right now, buy any 3 crest, colgate, etc get a $5 gift card! I had no idea. I just picked up two packs of toothbrushes and a 3 pack of toothpaste. When he rang them up he said I got a gift card so I went back for more!

Our electric blankets finally 70% off. Only had a few king left at my store and another store had none! Glad I can quit stalking them!!! :)

OMG thank you 1angelnhvn! I went back to the same Target I went to last night and sure enough, they had been marked down. I got the very last Queen and only because I remembered a few random endcaps that had stragglers. I had to settle for a color I didn't want, but who sees it anyway. There were lots of twins if anyone wants them for the kiddos. Heaters were also 70% off but they were out of the one I wanted. Went to another Target and there were no electric blankets left and heaters were only 50% off so YMMV.

Comforter sets (brown w/flowers) were 70% off today. Blankets and pillows still 50%.

Ours went a couple of days ago, but I missed it. I was SO bummed! I wanted a particular quilt that was gone. Fortunately, I bought my 2nd choice at 50%. The one I wanted was only 30% before, so I missed it entirely.

I finally got to hit a few stores today, though, and only one, the last of 5 that I visited had the Marvel plush and Lego sets 90% off. Every other store had them full price. Found a bit more candy, too. Wish I had known about the Nestle bars then, but I am not going back for them... Would have been good for DS's bday goodie bags.

I found 4 queen sized electric blankets last night. Only one rang up 70%. The others were still 50% off and also different colors. The one that rang up 70% seems like a return. I guess someone used it and returned it... GROSS!!!! Needless to say, I left the "used" one there. Anywho, I asked if they could price adjust it for me and nice lady did. YAY! Heaters were still 50%.

thats the wreath I picked up and at 70% it was still $6 so I left it, didn't get back for 90%.....its funny the price point we pick up items at....at $2, would of bought it $6 nope LOL

Too true. I didn't even stalk the Vday stuff when it went 50% or 70%. Went out when I thought it would go 90% and was happy to drop $$ at 90% but you couldn't get me to crack my wallet for 70%.:cheesy: My gas tank was happy too!!

And the wreath is very lovely at 1.99.

Too true. I didn't even stalk the Vday stuff when it went 50% or 70%. Went out when I thought it would go 90% and was happy to drop $$ at 90% but you couldn't get me to crack my wallet for 70%.:cheesy: My gas tank was happy too!!

And the wreath is very lovely at 1.99.

I got candy only, not even sure it went 90% on the candy but it was going pretty fast at 70%

I am kind of annoyed with all the big bloggers out there today that made some of the hidden finds go back up to regular price! I like to do my hunting in secrecy for this very reason!

I assume you are talking about the little Disney dolls at the checklanes, Webkinz Lil Kinz, Marvel plush & Sesame Street figures. But I could be wrong. It is possible it is the bloggers, but I think more likely that the large number of purchases of those items triggered a computer alarm that caused them to catch it. I was watching them and hoping that they would drop to 90%, but they were back to full price today....

Well, funny thing happened on this score, at least with the ones I list above, but not the little Disney dolls at checkout. They are all ringing up Item Not Found today. So, I pulled them and took them to the register and got them for 90% off.

While in Target today I saw some of the Oral B (I think) brush heads, and kinda said out loud I needed to get new brush heads for our toothbrushes. A few minutes later I found a Sonicare for 70% off, $29.98!! Even better, since I'm the last one in the family that still has a battery operated one. Yay! (Guess everyone else still needs a new brush head though...)

I found a 4 piece hello kitty twin bed set for 12.xx(reg 49.99) as an online return yesterday....The cashier rung it up full price until I explained the tag to her, then she tried to sell me Vday lounge pants for 16.99 AFTER checking price with another associates "gun".

I loved the logic though, she explained to me "it's no longer in the system". Really?!...so you know it was clearanced and has been taken off the shop floor, you just confirmed the last price in the system and your conclusion is it should be sold at full price. I passed and let them keep it.

I loved the logic though' date=' she explained to me "it's no longer in the system". Really?!...so you know it was clearanced and has been taken off the shop floor, you just confirmed the last price in the system and your conclusion is it should be sold at full price. I passed and let them keep it.[/quote']

Similar thing happened to me yesterday with dog toys. Ringing "Item Not Found" and took them to CS where the clerk said "we can't sell them since they are no longer in the system". It's hit or miss. Sometimes you get a clerk that is more amenable and sometimes you get the clueless and then you get the stickler for the rules (the latter in my case). Frustration level was minimal . . . my decaf is really working.

Sorry it didn't work, but it's always worth a shot. The bedding was certainly a good deal.

Sorry it didn't work, but it's always worth a shot. The bedding was certainly a good deal.

I know they're not supposed to sell it and I'll always try anyways. It's just the logic she gave me of "its been clearanced out of the system so you have to pay full price" that got me. It took everything in me not to laugh in her face but I'm sure that's what they told her to say. It just surprised me she did it with such a straight face.