Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

Ya it's $199 at Walmart right now too.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Samsung Galaxy 2 Tab 7" 199.99 + 5.94 shipping. I think it's $180 on BF so this is only $26 more. Posting this in case any are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007P4VOWC/ref=mp_s_a_8?pi=SL75&qid=1352855643&sr=8-8

If you go right to the J & R website (they are the ones selling the galaxy on amazon) they have it for $199.00 also with no tax or shipping like on the Amazon site.

And the J& R people (whom I never heard of until tonight) have an offer extra $10 off purchase up to 249.... bringing the price down to 189.00 with that... I don't know how they offer no TAX though... but I am sure racerfan knows...

I'd just be afraid to order from them because I never dealt with them, am no where near them.. and items in 100-200 range are "big" deals to me, but I don't want to influence others, that's a great deal if you don't want to stand inline BF.

My kids each have 10", they are great. I have decided I want a 7 inch and a 10 inch for ME!! :) DH will use one of them. I will have more use for the 7inch I can take it everywhere with me. He can use the 10" at work too. We will switch up.

I think im wanting to hold out for the 10".

And the J& R people (whom I never heard of until tonight) have an offer extra $10 off purchase up to 249.... bringing the price down to 189.00 with that... I don't know how they offer no TAX though... but I am sure racerfan knows...

I'd just be afraid to order from them because I never dealt with them, am no where near them.. and items in 100-200 range are "big" deals to me, but I don't want to influence others, that's a great deal if you don't want to stand inline BF.

J&R is a pretty big retailer. They've been overshadowed by some big box stores. They were one of the first and largest online retailers. I wouldn't worry about them.

J&R is a pretty big retailer. They've been overshadowed by some big box stores. They were one of the first and largest online retailers. I wouldn't worry about them.

I have ordered from J n R before. I think their store is in NYC. They don t have a store in PA so I dont get charged tax.

Walmart has the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7" refurbished for 149.99. I ordered it and added the 2 year protection plan (drop, spill, crack screen) for $20 more! (This one is for my 5 year old)

I bought a new one at BB a couple of weeks ago for my 8 year when they were having a special of $100 off when you signed up for a hotspot with Verizon. We needed to get one anyway for our trips to the beach. So, we got the $100 off plus a free hotspot.

Yeah, I've ordered from them before. Last night, I got the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7" new from them for 199 with no tax and free shipping. Also, got $10 gift card for $100 to $200 purchase. It had gift cards for various ranges of purchases. Another item off my list. May try to get another from BB on BF:)

Where is the extra $10 off with purchase up to $249. I know they are offering a gift card but would prefer it taken off my item. :)

Yeah, I was trying to get that but could not find it and googled promotion codes and nothing came up. The $10 gift card was a Friends/Customer appreciated they had on the website...not sure, if you saw it. Right, that would have been a better deal:) It did not give you the option to use the giftcard...it was included in order summary for mailing:(

Where is the extra $10 off with purchase up to $249. I know they are offering a gift card but would prefer it taken off my item. :)

I only saw this ON WEBSITE, I have never been to the store/ordered from there ever.

My fault if I misunderstood, it says "to claim your gift card online please enter promocode THANKYOU at checkout and the promotional gift card will be added into your cart"

I took this as meaning you would save the 10$ online off item, I am probably mistaken.

Thanks I saw that one. I am so debating. I have a friend who works at Walmart was thinking of giving him the ad to get price matched over BF weekend and then use his discount also. I also heard there is a big tablet sale at Walmart the weekend after BF (plan on going to talk to my Walmart manager this afternoon) don't know if it will be lower.I also have the option of waiting for Sunday to see if it is part of BB Silver Reward Zone sale. Preview is on SUnday. The deal ends at J&R on Saturday.

I am buying more than one because my kids Varsity Swim team is having a Tricky Tray in February and this is a good way to get a raffle item for a low cost to make money on in the raffles.

Yeah, I was trying to get that but could not find it and googled promotion codes and nothing came up. The $10 gift card was a Friends/Customer appreciated they had on the website...not sure, if you saw it. Right, that would have been a better deal:) It did not give you the option to use the giftcard...it was included in order summary for mailing:(

Well, my thinking was to get the J&R deal. Try to get the BB Samsung Galaxy Tab2 next week. Then return or keep the J&R one. Still a good deal to me. Guess it a matter, if you can afford to do that and whether you can definitely get the BB and Walmart deals. I just felt relieved to know I definitely had one in hand.

Thought I would post this: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/misc/guide-to-black-friday-android-tablet-deals/

A summary of the tablets available on BF by store

Best Buy

Acer Iconia A200 10.1″ 16GB – $249.99

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 16GB – $279.99

Kindle Fire 8GB – $159.99 + $30 gift card

Kindle Fire HD 7 16GB – $199.99 + $30 gift card

Nabi 2 Tablet 8GB – $169.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – $179.99 + $20 gift card

Visual Land Prestige 7 8GB – Hot Price

Costco

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB – $279.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – $169.99

Office Depot

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 $299.99

Google Nexus 7 32GB – $229.99

Kindle Fire – $159.99 with $25 gift card

Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 9″ – $199.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – $179.99

Ultratab by Jazz 7″ – $69.99

Ultratab by Jazz 9″ – $99.99

Office Max

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB – $299.99

Kmart

Mach Speed 7″ Trio Stealth – $69.99

Mach Speed 9.7″ Trio Stealth – $119.99

Nextbook 8″ 4GB – $99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – $177.99

X-Treme Tab 7″ 4GB – $39.99 – Thanksgiving only

Kohls

Polaroid 8″ 4GB – $89.99 after rebate

Polaroid 10.1″ – $149.99

Radio Shack

Digix 8GB – $149

Sears

4Sight 9″ 4GB – $89.99

Mach Speed 7″ (Resistive Touch) – $39.99

Mach Speed 7″ Trio Stealth – $69.99

Mach Speed 9.7″ Trio Stealth – $119.99

Maylong 7″ with keyboard case bundle – $99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – $177.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB – $297.99

Sam’s Club

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB – $299.99

Staples

Kindle Fire – $159.99 with special offers

Lenovo A2107 7″ 8GB – $149.99

Walmart

Ematic 7″ 4GB (Resistive Touch) – $49.99

Nabi 2 Kids Tablet 8GB – $129.99 – Thanksgiving only

Nook Color 8GB – $99.99 – Thanksgiving only

I have an unusual tablet question, and I'm sorry if this seems basic. Looking at the Samsung for DD11 and the Nabi 2 for DS3. I see a lot of apps for the Ipad which I guess is through ITunes. Is there a way to download an ITunes app using their store onto an Android-based tablet? Kind of how you can get mp3 files on ITunes and use them on other mp3 players besides Ipods.

Thanks for the information. My doctor has ordered me to rest and no stress until we figure out my heart issues, so I'm hoping to score one of these BF deals online :)

I have an unusual tablet question, and I'm sorry if this seems basic. Looking at the Samsung for DD11 and the Nabi 2 for DS3. I see a lot of apps for the Ipad which I guess is through ITunes. Is there a way to download an ITunes app using their store onto an Android-based tablet? Kind of how you can get mp3 files on ITunes and use them on other mp3 players besides Ipods.

Thanks for the information. My doctor has ordered me to rest and no stress until we figure out my heart issues, so I'm hoping to score one of these BF deals online :)

No you can not download iTunes or the Apple App Store onto an Android. You can download the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store. There are many apps that are the same as the Apple App Store though. Most company's make apps for iOS and Android.

No you can not download iTunes or the Apple App Store onto an Android. You can download the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store. There are many apps that are the same as the Apple App Store though. Most company's make apps for iOS and Android.

Thanks for the quick reply :) the apps I'm looking for specifically for the little one are Jake and some other ones that seem to be only in the ITunes store. But at least now I know.

I dont know about downloading itunes app. Android tablets usually have Google Play store for apps and you can also download the Amazon app store. There are several free apps. Amazon has a free app everyday that they offer.