Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

I prefer tablets that have the expansion slots like the Galaxy Tab2 and Asus Transformer. They both also have 2 cameras

Thanks! I personally do too. I love my asus infinity. I just don't have alot to spend on him this year. He first wanted the kindle hd,then he said something about the nook hd (he had and LOVED the nook color until it stopped charging). I may look at the galaxy.

I prefer the Galaxy Tab over the Nexus because it has an SD card slot for expandable memory.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Thanks so much!! I prefer that too myself. He will listen to alot of music with whatever he gets so goodness,I don't know!

I am looking for a Tablet for a 75 year old lady.I am really dumb with technology too.I am afraid the 7 inch would be too small for her to read off of.I would like for her to be able to surf the internet and get e-mail and use it for a reader also.Any suggestions?

I am looking for a Tablet for a 75 year old lady.I am really dumb with technology too.I am afraid the 7 inch would be too small for her to read off of.I would like for her to be able to surf the internet and get e-mail and use it for a reader also.Any suggestions?

Unless she is tech savy I would not recommend a tablet for her unless you will to be available to do everything for her. Font size is adjustable on all tablets.

For those looking at getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 Kmart has them right now for $189.99 in their "Freak Out Sale". Remember to log into your SYWR account to get points on your purchase.

http://www.kmart.com/samsung-7-8221-galaxy-tab-2-with-wi-fi/p-020W004867992001P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

WOW that is awesome thanks!! what do yuo think of this tablet?

I like it. I am getting it for my house and also getting one for my kids Varsity Swim Team Tricky Tray fundraiser as a raffle item. Decisions were made yesterday was made on what to get. It will be in lower on BF but it is one less item for me to worry about.

WOW that is awesome thanks!! what do yuo think of this tablet?

I like it. I am getting it for my house and also getting one for my kids Varsity Swim Team Tricky Tray fundraiser as a raffle item. Decisions were made yesterday was made on what to get. It will be in lower on BF but it is one less item for me to worry about.

Thank you racerfan :) you have been so helpful!

For those that have purchased a Kindle Fire from Amazon, is there a box inside of the black box or is the Kindle right inside? I don't want to open it and have it be the box I need to wrap. Thanks!

My Kindle came in a black box with a zip/pull type opener thing on top. The only way to open it was to pull the tab. The Kindle was inside without any other type of box.

I also liked the Nexus but the chose the Tab2 over it because it has 2 cameras and you can increase the storage via a microsd card. We use the rear facing camera as a video camera especially when the kids are swimming in meets.

I read some reviews on the samsung galaxy tab 2 and the nexus still gets better reviews...hmmm...

My Kindle came in a black box with a zip/pull type opener thing on top. The only way to open it was to pull the tab. The Kindle was inside without any other type of box.

Thank you. That's the box mine came in. Now I have to figure out how to get the shipping label off cuz they are "Santa" presents. Lol. Or maybe I will open them, charge them, put screen protectors and cases on them and wrap them in a different box. Hmm...

I'm getting my wife's grandparents tablets. I bought a 9 inch one for my wife's grandmother which is this one and it was really good and works really well for what it is so I bought another one for her grandfather and I had to get a replacement and return it as well because the quality wasn't as good as the one I got for her grandmother. So I went to Amazon and bought this one (which is essentially the same tablet) and I had to return two of those because again the quality wasn't as good.

The 9 inch tablets like these are popping up all over the place. Even Sears has one in their Black Friday ad called 4sight or something like that. The first one I got is really nice and while it doesn't have the bells and whistles that I like (HD screen, quad-core processor, GPS, etc.) it was amazing for the price, but I think the quality control started slipping once demand started to climb. The 9 inch ones with the white back are essentially all the same, they may just have a few minor cosmetic differences on the back so I'm thinking they are all coming from the same factory in China. The seller from ebay did say that the 9.7 inch tablets that they sell have been very good and they haven't had any issues or complaints, so I may try to get the 9.7 Mach Speed Trio Stealth that Sears has in their Black Friday ad as it is essentially the same as this which is normally $169 there, but they just raised the price because they are currently out of stock.

Thank you. That's the box mine came in. Now I have to figure out how to get the shipping label off cuz they are "Santa" presents. Lol. Or maybe I will open them, charge them, put screen protectors and cases on them and wrap them in a different box. Hmm...

That is what I would do!

I also liked the Nexus but the chose the Tab2 over it because it has 2 cameras and you can increase the storage via a microsd card. We use the rear facing camera as a video camera especially when the kids are swimming in meets.

I can see why you would choose the samsung :) I don't think he cares about the video camera but I will ask just to be sure. I keep asking him what he wants to do with it but I never can get a straight answer...ugh!

I hope they don't sell out before I can get his answer.KIDS...love them :)

We have before, taken the package and put a different gift in it, and after that was opened had her open the present that was in that box, they get so disappointed and worked up that the box didnt have what they thought and then they open up the actually item in another box they get all excited.

That is what I would do!

I can see why you would choose the samsung :) I don't think he cares about the video camera but I will ask just to be sure. I keep asking him what he wants to do with it but I never can get a straight answer...ugh!

The Nexus 7 with 32GB of storage is now $249. Given that he's 17, the Nexus 7 would be the "cool" tablet as it has a quad-core processor instead of dual-core, it has Android 4.2 and as a computer scientist, former Best Buy employee, an Android fanatic (I have the Galaxy Nexus phone and the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity), and just an over all tech geek, you never want to be seen using your tablet as an actual camera. So the rear camera shouldn't be a big issue. The front facing camera is what is important on a tablet as its use is mostly for Skype and other video chatting. Rear cameras on tablets are actually pretty ridiculous.

We have before, taken the package and put a different gift in it, and after that was opened had her open the present that was in that box, they get so disappointed and worked up that the box didnt have what they thought and then they open up the actually item in another box they get all excited.

lol....I LOVE doing stuff like that! We are going to get my 23 yo son good this year. My dil really wanted the workout program,Turbo Fire,so being the wonderful MIL that I am D) I got it when it went on a great sale a few weeks back. Well,he told her I got it for her! I am going to wrap it up and put my daughter's name on it. DIL will know what is going on but she will act really really disappointed so dear son will feel bad...yea,we are mean! He should not have told her though..lol..

The Nexus 7 with 32GB of storage is now $249. Given that he's 17, the Nexus 7 would be the "cool" tablet as it has a quad-core processor instead of dual-core, it has Android 4.2 and as a computer scientist, former Best Buy employee, an Android fanatic (I have the Galaxy Nexus phone and the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity), and just an over all tech geek, you never want to be seen using your tablet as an actual camera. So the rear camera shouldn't be a big issue. The front facing camera is what is important on a tablet as its use is mostly for Skype and other video chatting. Rear cameras on tablets are actually pretty ridiculous.

You rock! Thank you! I never really hear him say a thing about the cameras,his thing is storage. I HEART my infinity! He loves to read,fb,you tube,watch movies...those sort of things.

ETA: I don't really worry about the cool thing )actually neither does he) as long as it is worth my hard earned money :)

That is what I would do!

There are so many stores offering it. I am sure you can get one.

You rock! Thank you! I never really hear him say a thing about the cameras,his thing is storage. I HEART my infinity! He loves to read,fb,you tube,watch movies...those sort of things.

ETA: I don't really worry about the cool thing )actually neither does he) as long as it is worth my hard earned money :)

Well, I think the Nexus 7 over all is a better deal. The whole reason Google doesn't have expandable memory in any of their "Google experience" devices is because they want the software and hardware to run as smoothly together as possible and with cloud services like SkyDrive from Microsoft, Google Drive, Box, DropBox, etc. which all give you at least 5GB of free storage, removable storage isn't as critical as it used to be.

I have been getting a lot of great ideas from this thread. I don't mean to throw another table into the mix but, any thoughts on the Lenovo® IdeaTab™ A2109 Tablet, 9", 16 GB? It is going to be $199 at office depot bf. Thinking about getting a tablet for my parents, but since they are older, I thought a bigger screen size would be better. Thanks!

See I disagree with you. There are so many who use the rear facing camera. Just come to a swim meet, football game, basketball etc. Using the rear facing allows us to really see what is going on as well as record. Our house also has the Asus and we have been using the rear camera way more than front camera.

See I disagree with you. There are so many who use the rear facing camera. Just come to a swim meet, football game, basketball etc. Using the rear facing allows us to really see what is going on as well as record. Our house also has the Asus and we have been using the rear camera way more than front camera.

not to put words in anyone's mouth but maybe s/he meant that for my 17 yo in particular the rear camera wouldn't be an issue ??

I agree with you on the sports meets though,i hated that i missed everything because I was trying to film!

Edited by Jenn_A

Maybe it's a tech geek thing then because on sites like Android Central, Droid Life, even some of the Apple fan sites, they always talk about how it's dorky to use the rear camera on a tablet. Maybe we are just such geeks about technology that we don't want to seem even geekier/dorkier than we already are.