Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

You get that support no matter where you buy it from, but if you buy from amazon, you have until jan 31 to return for full refund no matter what. If you buy from somewhere else, you go buy there return policy. Some only allow 2 weeks on tablets/ In that case if it's after 30 days you get a refurbished unit. One lady bought one for a xxmas gift and registered it, by the time xmas came around it wasn't working and staples wouldn't take it back, she had to go through amazon but it was past the 30 day time period and she couldn't get anything but a refurbished unit. It wouldn't have happened if she'd bought through amazon.

Okay, guys I have a dilemma. My daughter had originally asked for a kindle ereader. I was going to get her the paperwhite. Now she says she'd really like an Ipad. She is fully grown with a baby and I don't spend that much on my grown children,. I spend about 150 -200. What are my options? I thought kindle fire, but what else is close to Ipad without spending 400. I'm really a kindle person.

Yes, you have to buy from Amazon. There will be a manufacturer warranty from other stores and whatever shortterm warranty they offer.

That's not true at all, You do not have to buy from amazon. You get that support no matter where you buy from. Mine didn't come from amazon and they replaced it twice even when I broke it. The only difference is the after xmas return length. That is the only difference. You get a full year warranty with complete full support from amazon no matter where you buy it from, so don't give false information. I go on the amazon help forums every day and answer questions to other kindle owners. I know what kind of warranty they give. Amazon doesn't care where it is purchases, they make the product and they give full support of it. They just won't give you your cash back, they will replace it for you though no matter what happens to it. IF they won't replace it free for some reason like you smash it on purpose, the will still give you a low cost replacement.

I'm looking at a Kindle Fire for our 9 year old. Wondering whether I should get the 8gb or 16gb. I'm thinking she will just use it mostly for reading, maybe some games and photos. Any advice?

My DD has an 8gb iPod and its already full.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

My son is 15 and the 8 has been fine for him. The movies take up about 300mb when in mp4 format. He keeps them on his laptop and changes them occasionally. He mostly streams netflix which takes up no space or watches youtube. Books take up very little space also, only 1-2 mb each.I have 1000 on my kindle and its only half full.

I'm looking at a Kindle Fire for our 9 year old. Wondering whether I should get the 8gb or 16gb. I'm thinking she will just use it mostly for reading, maybe some games and photos. Any advice?

How do you find out if they are getting more. I was thinking of going to Walmart on Saturday after BF and showing them the 3 day sale with the lower price and have friend buy it then with his discount.

Yup he said they only have 1 in store and 2 on order for now but will be getting more for the sale.

How do you find out if they are getting more. I was thinking of going to Walmart on Saturday after BF and showing them the 3 day sale with the lower price and have friend buy it then with his discount.

You can do that cuz I don't know what they are going to be on sale for. The electronics manager told me about the sale and that they are getting more, that's why they don't have many in stock right now.

Geez, calm down. It was not purposeful false or misleading information. No reason to bite my head off. A simple correction would have sufficed. We all try to provide information and no one minds being give CLARITY on info.

That's not true at all, You do not have to buy from amazon. You get that support no matter where you buy from. Mine didn't come from amazon and they replaced it twice even when I broke it. The only difference is the after xmas return length. That is the only difference. You get a full year warranty with complete full support from amazon no matter where you buy it from, so don't give false information. I go on the amazon help forums every day and answer questions to other kindle owners. I know what kind of warranty they give. Amazon doesn't care where it is purchases, they make the product and they give full support of it. They just won't give you your cash back, they will replace it for you though no matter what happens to it. IF they won't replace it free for some reason like you smash it on purpose, the will still give you a low cost replacement.

You get that support no matter where you buy it from, but if you buy from amazon, you have until jan 31 to return for full refund no matter what. If you buy from somewhere else, you go buy there return policy. Some only allow 2 weeks on tablets/ In that case if it's after 30 days you get a refurbished unit. One lady bought one for a xxmas gift and registered it, by the time xmas came around it wasn't working and staples wouldn't take it back, she had to go through amazon but it was past the 30 day time period and she couldn't get anything but a refurbished unit. It wouldn't have happened if she'd bought through amazon.

Do you have a link for the longer return policy?

Well Amazon made my mind up for me with the lightning deal, got 8 yo DD the kindle fire for $129, no tax, free shipping and no standing in line. Now I just need 2 of the Nabi 2's for the little guys

I got a Kindle Fire also for my boys. I would have loved to pick up 2, but I didn't have the extra money. I will probably have to pay full price for another Kindle later on so they will have one each.

I will also be headed to Walmart Thanksgiving night to get the Nabi 2 for my 6 year old daughter.

Ya I used mine and hubby's accounts to get two. Not even sure if its what I want but it's a good deal. Lol. :P

LOL, this is funny! I had one in my cart because it was such a good deal, but then let the deal expire. We already have two original Fires and I really want to give my daughter (who is asking for any Fire) the Fire HD so I can check it out lol.

Warranty Service

"Whether you bought your Kindle through Amazon or in a retail store, your Kindle is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty. If you need service under the warranty or would prefer some personal assistance, please contact us so we can help determine how best to help you. We'll gladly provide service or a replacement according to the warranty guidelines."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_901888_prod_kindle?nodeId=200144510

Does Amazon.com have an extended return policy for the holidays?

"Yes. Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012, may be returned until January 31, 2013, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed in our Product Return Policies Help pages.

If you're a gift recipient that needs to make a return, you can learn more at the Gift Returns section of the How to Return help page."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&nodeId=901888&tag=cl03f-20

Warranty Service

"Whether you bought your Kindle through Amazon or in a retail store, your Kindle is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty. If you need service under the warranty or would prefer some personal assistance, please contact us so we can help determine how best to help you. We'll gladly provide service or a replacement according to the warranty guidelines."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_901888_prod_kindle?nodeId=200144510

Does Amazon.com have an extended return policy for the holidays?

"Yes. Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012, may be returned until January 31, 2013, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed in our Product Return Policies Help pages.

If you're a gift recipient that needs to make a return, you can learn more at the Gift Returns section of the How to Return help page."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&nodeId=901888&tag=cl03f-20

Thanks. :) I looked through their site but couldn't find it.