Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

So looks like I'm not getting my $128 Kindle Fires. I ordered them to pick them up at the store but they don't have any so they said the order will be cancelled. I hope I can find another deal.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

So sorry to hear that, and I regret not trying to get it, I was worried about rushing into it, and not buying from Amazon, and now I need to hope and pray an equal or better deal comes along or I am gonna have Big time regret about this--I was actually ONLINE when deal was posted, sooo many times I miss the deal... but I couldn't make up my mind. DOH! :mad:

So sorry to hear that, and I regret not trying to get it, I was worried about rushing into it, and not buying from Amazon, and now I need to hope and pray an equal or better deal comes along or I am gonna have Big time regret about this--I was actually ONLINE when deal was posted, sooo many times I miss the deal... but I couldn't make up my mind. DOH! :mad:

I was worried I'd regret buying them. Lol. I also would rather buy from Amazon cuz they sound great to deal with plus might want to get the the HDs just for the fact that they have more storage. DDs iPod is an 8gb and can't even update cuz she out of room. Also now the ads are out I want to research the Nexus more. I guess I have more time to think about it now.

Ebay had their daily deals up on the homepage. There is a 10" tablet that looks good for my 12 yr old. Can anyone take a gander and let me know? My son age 17 says its too slow, but for the price wasn't sure. I don't want to pay over $200. Don't care its an off brand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ematic-MID-10-Google-Android-4-0-Multimedia-Tablet-Kobo-eReader-4GB-w-WiFi-/360498645424?var=

someone already said, a few posts up from yours, to NOT buy an ematic...

You may not regret not getting it. I almost jumped at that to get it for my ds, and my siblings and I are getting my parents a kindle fire for christmas, so I was thinking of getting two. My sister said my brother wants to get the newer one, but I don't like having to pay to remove ads, and having to buy an adapter. My sister said she is on her second original kindle fire (she only got it last Christmas), because the adapter sucks and doesn't work well with the unit. And there is no camera at all, which is a must for my ds. And she has a friend who has the exact same issues with hers, and she has since read that this is a frequent problem. Sounds like it would end up costing more in the long run...

You don't need an adapter. THe usb cable that comes with it charges it just fine. I have 9 cell phone chargers in my house that also charge it just fine. I also paid .99 cents for a usb power adapter that works just fine. You don't have to pay to remove ads on the fire, it's only on the ereaders that they bother you. You can opt out of them on the tablets.

You may not regret not getting it. I almost jumped at that to get it for my ds, and my siblings and I are getting my parents a kindle fire for christmas, so I was thinking of getting two. My sister said my brother wants to get the newer one, but I don't like having to pay to remove ads, and having to buy an adapter. My sister said she is on her second original kindle fire (she only got it last Christmas), because the adapter sucks and doesn't work well with the unit. And there is no camera at all, which is a must for my ds. And she has a friend who has the exact same issues with hers, and she has since read that this is a frequent problem. Sounds like it would end up costing more in the long run...

I was under the impression that is was the "new" Kindle Fire not the "original" one.

What difference does that make? THe original one didn't have ads at all. On the new one you can opt out easily and they dont get in way anyway. You can still charge with the usb and it's a better upgraded model. My son had the old one and it is great. His came with a wall charger, but we use our phone charges most of the time since they are already plugged in.

I was under the impression that is was the "new" Kindle Fire not the "original" one.

I was worried I'd regret buying them. Lol. I also would rather buy from Amazon cuz they sound great to deal with plus might want to get the the HDs just for the fact that they have more storage. DDs iPod is an 8gb and can't even update cuz she out of room. Also now the ads are out I want to research the Nexus more. I guess I have more time to think about it now.

The Nexus doesn't have expandable (Micro SD) memory either, but does come in 16 and 32 GB versions. For expandable memory, the Galaxy Tab has it.

What difference does that make? THe original one didn't have ads at all. On the new one you can opt out easily and they dont get in way anyway. You can still charge with the usb and it's a better upgraded model. My son had the old one and it is great. His came with a wall charger, but we use our phone charges most of the time since they are already plugged in.

Cuz the new one has a faster processor and a camera. And I'm not spending that kind of money on last years model.

The Nexus doesn't have expandable (Micro SD) memory either, but does come in 16 and 32 GB versions. For expandable memory, the Galaxy Tab has it.

No but if I can get a 16gb Nexus cheaper than a Fire HD I might want to do that since its a true Android and not held back by Amazon.

No but if I can get a 16gb Nexus cheaper than a Fire HD I might want to do that since its a true Android and not held back by Amazon.

That's what I would do, too...well, it's actually what I kind of did LOL I upgraded from the Fire to the Galaxy Tab in April :) I like the hardware on the Nexus, but really wanted the Memo370T that Asus had originally planned that had the camera and the SD slot.

That's what I would do, too...well, it's actually what I kind of did LOL I upgraded from the Fire to the Galaxy Tab in April :) I like the hardware on the Nexus, but really wanted the Memo370T that Asus had originally planned that had the camera and the SD slot.

How is the Galaxy Tab. I am looking at that and the Asus Transformer 32gb. (not the 16gb at BB since its only $20 more) I know they are different in screen size. DS16 has last years Asus and loves it. I am looking at the 10 inch for me and the 7 inch for DH, or for when I want to go out and not carry a 10 inch. Especially since the price is so good.

How is the Galaxy Tab. I am looking at that and the Asus Transformer 32gb. (not the 16gb at BB since its only $20 more) I know they are different in screen size. DS16 has last years Asus and loves it. I am looking at the 10 inch for me and the 7 inch for DH, or for when I want to go out and not carry a 10 inch. Especially since the price is so good.

I really like my Galaxy Tab2. :) I have the 7in, and it's a good size for me. Fits in my purse nice. I haven't missed anything that it doesn't have or doesn't do. But I'm not very demanding. I do like that it has 2 cameras, and an SD slot, not that I've used either! But I'm glad they're there if I need to. It's fast, and looks good. The only thing that I don't love, is the battery life. But as long as I keep it charged every night, then I'm usually okay.

What kind of battery life do you have. DS gets about 7/8 hours on his 10inch Asus. If you add the keyboard to it you get another I think 8/9 hours. Right now I use my cell phone to go online etc while out. Of course since I am getting on in age, the screen is just not big enough for me so I was looking for something to take with me when I go out to tether to my phone to go online etc. I love the 10 inch but the 7 inch would be for everyday stuff.

I really like my Galaxy Tab2. :) I have the 7in, and it's a good size for me. Fits in my purse nice. I haven't missed anything that it doesn't have or doesn't do. But I'm not very demanding. I do like that it has 2 cameras, and an SD slot, not that I've used either! But I'm glad they're there if I need to. It's fast, and looks good. The only thing that I don't love, is the battery life. But as long as I keep it charged every night, then I'm usually okay.

What kind of battery life do you have. DS gets about 7/8 hours on his 10inch Asus. If you add the keyboard to it you get another I think 8/9 hours. Right now I use my cell phone to go online etc while out. Of course since I am getting on in age, the screen is just not big enough for me so I was looking for something to take with me when I go out to tether to my phone to go online etc. I love the 10 inch but the 7 inch would be for everyday stuff.

Well, honestly I don't use it that much. Mostly when I go on a long car trip, then I just keep it charged in the car. I do know that it is not as long as the iPad and the Thrive. If I had to guess, maybe 5ish hours... What seems to be bad is the standby battery life. Sorry, should have said that in the first post. If I leave it in standby instead of turning it completely off, the battery drains faster than our iPad and my son's Thrive. If I leave it overnight with a full charge, it may be at about 85% the next afternoon with just siittng in standby. But again, if I just keep it charged when I'm not using it...

I am so wanting one of those but have been debating. Glad to hear you are happy with it. I am thinking about getting the white one from BB on BF. I love the fact that its 7 in, cause I think 10 inch would be a little large for me. I tested the size with my sisters net book and 10 inches kinda sacrifices purse portability. lol!. Expandable memory was a winner on this tablet for me, since it make it easy to transfer and store from tablet to pc and vice versa. I think they all kinda have issue with battery life just because of what the manufacturers are limited to packing in such a small little unit.

I am so wanting one of those but have been debating. Glad to hear you are happy with it. I am thinking about getting the white one from BB on BF. I love the fact that its 7 in, cause I think 10 inch would be a little large for me. I tested the size with my sisters net book and 10 inches kinda sacrifices purse portability. lol!. Expandable memory was a winner on this tablet for me, since it make it easy to transfer and store from tablet to pc and vice versa. I think they all kinda have issue with battery life just because of what the manufacturers are limited to packing in such a small little unit.

I really like the white one, wish I had it. But I got mine on release day, when white wasn't available yet. :(

Since I don't use mine much, 7in is a good size for me. If I were going to be sitting on the sofa using it a lot, then I would like the 10 in. But if I'm home, I just use my computer.

I really like the white one, wish I had it. But I got mine on release day, when white wasn't available yet. :(

Since I don't use mine much, 7in is a good size for me. If I were going to be sitting on the sofa using it a lot, then I would like the 10 in. But if I'm home, I just use my computer.

So Staples, Sams Club, Office Depot, Kmart, Costco, & Best Buy have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch 8gb

Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, ($229.00) have the Nexus 32gb 7 inch $249.99

Decisions decisions. I love the Nexus but you cannot increase memory so that is a big drawback, The Galaxy is very similar to the 10inch Tablets (Asus & Acer) my kids have so I think I am leaning towards the Samsung just for the 2 cameras and the microsd slots. Now just to see if I can get the one at BB (I really don't care whether its black or white since it will be in a case) maybe black would be better to hide fingermarks.

I am also planning on getting the Asus from Office Depot for $299, It is only $20 more than the one at BB and is double the memory (and can also increase memory via microsd slot) The kids both have 16 gb with 16 gb memory card installed.

OK I am TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!! LOL

So Staples, Sams Club, Office Depot, Kmart, Costco, & Best Buy have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch 8gb

Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, ($229.00) have the Nexus 32gb 7 inch $249.99

Decisions decisions. I love the Nexus but you cannot increase memory so that is a big drawback, The Galaxy is very similar to the 10inch Tablets (Asus & Acer) my kids have so I think I am leaning towards the Samsung just for the 2 cameras and the microsd slots. Now just to see if I can get the one at BB (I really don't care whether its black or white since it will be in a case) maybe black would be better to hide fingermarks.

I am also planning on getting the Asus from Office Depot for $299, It is only $20 more than the one at BB and is double the memory (and can also increase memory via microsd slot) The kids both have 16 gb with 16 gb memory card installed.

:) Good luck!! :)

The only tablet I'm buying this year I think is a Microsoft Surface, so while there is no sale, at least that makes my store decision easy!! I hate decisions!

LOL!

Well if its only 20 bucks more I say go for it. BB will give you Reward Zone points for future purchases, but I am not sure if that worth it to you to miss out on double the memory. I am a Reward Zone member so I try and base a lot of my buying around Best Buy because those certificates I get back usually buy future gifts. Which one matters to you.....double the memory for a little bit more money (will you ever use 32gb of memory or is it just good to have just in case) or pay $20 less and get extra points for future purchases (but you only get 16gb which may or may not affect you in the future). Hmmm...well..I hoped this helps..lol!

LOL!

Well if its only 20 bucks more I say go for it. BB will give you Reward Zone points for future purchases, but I am not sure if that worth it to you to miss out on double the memory. I am a Reward Zone member so I try and base a lot of my buying around Best Buy because those certificates I get back usually buy future gifts. Which one matters to you.....double the memory for a little bit more money (will you ever use 32gb of memory or is it just good to have just in case) or pay $20 less and get extra points for future purchases (but you only get 16gb which may or may not affect you in the future). Hmmm...well..I hoped this helps..lol!

Nope did not help at all. You only got me thinking more...It will all depend on where I can order online. I don't have an OD near me so that is an online purchase, BB is about 45 minutes away so if I got it from them I hope I can order online. We do use alot of memory on the Tablets since I take them to my kids swim meets and video their races. Last year I took each of their tablets depending on whose meet I was going to. This year DD is joining Varsity so will be doing double the amount of recording at the Varsit meets plus she is still on Age Group which is another set of meets for her. They each have memory cards in their tablets so plan on doing the same whichever I get.

Thanks deelite for making me think even more...my brain is hurting... lol I am going to bed to stop thinking.

Nope did not help at all. You only got me thinking more...It will all depend on where I can order online. I don't have an OD near me so that is an online purchase, BB is about 45 minutes away so if I got it from them I hope I can order online. We do use alot of memory on the Tablets since I take them to my kids swim meets and video their races. Last year I took each of their tablets depending on whose meet I was going to. This year DD is joining Varsity so will be doing double the amount of recording at the Varsit meets plus she is still on Age Group which is another set of meets for her. They each have memory cards in their tablets so plan on doing the same whichever I get.

Thanks deelite for making me think even more...my brain is hurting... lol I am going to bed to stop thinking.

LOL! :gdsorry:.....:D

I love my little Tab. My husband has an ipad and a xoom, and they are so big and heavy. The tab fits in my purse. I use it for everything! I already had a bunch of micro sd cards because of my phones, so that is where I store my movies.

Okay, I just read through the whole thread and now I'm even more confused!

I am looking to get a 7 inch tablet. I had decided that I was going to get a Kindle Fire HD but reading this thread got me thinking. Now I can't decide if I want the Kindle Fire HD with $30 GC from Best Buy or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with $20 GC from Best Buy. Here is why I am indecisive:

What I like about the Kindle Fire HD: Amazon customer service, I am a Prime member already, the book lending service, the HDMI out, etc

What I don't like: Worried that the apps aren't as great as what I could find on the Samsung, I have heard the Kindle is a bit restrictive, no expandable storage.

What I like about the Galaxy Tab: The variance of apps, most people on here seem to vouch how much they love it, expandable storage, two cameras is a bonus.

What I don't like: Not sure about Samsung customer service (never had a product of theirs), I hear battery life is just okay.

I already have a laptop that I use at home and school and an iPhone 4S that I use for apps, Internet browsing, etc as well. I am just wanting a tablet for the same reasons it seems everyone else wants one: to browse the Internet, use apps, read some books, do a few school things, Skype, etc.

I really just wish someone could make the decision for me! But since that's not possible, can anyone give me some more insight into these two? I really would just like to make a decision already. I've been looking into buying a tablet for over a year and have yet to commit!

Do you mean the one that TRU was clearancing? Pretty sure that was the old one...

Not sure if that is what you're saying, or if my talking about ads was what you meant, which is on the new one...

Okay, I just read through the whole thread and now I'm even more confused!

I am looking to get a 7 inch tablet. I had decided that I was going to get a Kindle Fire HD but reading this thread got me thinking. Now I can't decide if I want the Kindle Fire HD with $30 GC from Best Buy or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with $20 GC from Best Buy. Here is why I am indecisive:

What I like about the Kindle Fire HD: Amazon customer service, I am a Prime member already, the book lending service, the HDMI out, etc

What I don't like: Worried that the apps aren't as great as what I could find on the Samsung, I have heard the Kindle is a bit restrictive, no expandable storage.

What I like about the Galaxy Tab: The variance of apps, most people on here seem to vouch how much they love it, expandable storage, two cameras is a bonus.

What I don't like: Not sure about Samsung customer service (never had a product of theirs), I hear battery life is just okay.

I already have a laptop that I use at home and school and an iPhone 4S that I use for apps, Internet browsing, etc as well. I am just wanting a tablet for the same reasons it seems everyone else wants one: to browse the Internet, use apps, read some books, do a few school things, Skype, etc.

I really just wish someone could make the decision for me! But since that's not possible, can anyone give me some more insight into these two? I really would just like to make a decision already. I've been looking into buying a tablet for over a year and have yet to commit!

I can't say anything about the costumer service of samsung tablet line because I haven't had a problem with it, but I did with a tv and they were great even though it was out of warranty, but that was also a class action suit.

So looks like I'm not getting my $128 Kindle Fires. I ordered them to pick them up at the store but they don't have any so they said the order will be cancelled. I hope I can find another deal.

I notices that RadioShack is giving $10 back in store coupon for each $50 spent. FireHD plus something that costs a penny gets you $40 back (maybe get a battery, fuse, or bag of tie wraps). Seems like a good deal.

Do you mean the one that TRU was clearancing? Pretty sure that was the old one...

Not sure if that is what you're saying, or if my talking about ads was what you meant, which is on the new one...

Just got home from picking mine up, I am happy to say it is the 2nd generation one, I had to do some searching to confirm this.

the 1st generation was operating system 6.3.1

2nd generation current system is 10.2.1, the version on mine is 10.1.1 so it just needs the latest update installed.