Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

I plan on getting a 32gb SD card and just leaving it in the tablet. If its anything like my Android phones then you can get an app called AppToSD and then you can move any app that will let you to the SD card. Plus I'm sure you can store pictures, music and movies on there. It's better than my DDs iPod that's 8gb and is so full I can't even update it till she deletes some apps.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

That is what I plan on doing too. My phone has 16gb and I have a 32gb card in it. I am noting where has the cards on sale BF to either order or purchase if I am in the store.

Looking to get my son the Samsung Galaxy or Asus. Have been reading the reviews for both and they say there is not Adobe Flash at all and/or when the updates load Adobe Flash is not on the updates. We use skype a lot since we have family out of state. Is there a way around that?

Looking to get my son the Samsung Galaxy or Asus. Have been reading the reviews for both and they say there is not Adobe Flash at all and/or when the updates load Adobe Flash is not on the updates. We use skype a lot since we have family out of state. Is there a way around that?

Adobe has stated that they will no longer be making mobile Flash. There will be another way to do it though, I just don't know what it is cuz I don't use it.

There is a Skype App. I use it all the time on my Galaxy Tab 2. There is also a YouTube app. Flash is not on any tablets that I know of. I have found almost nothing though that this affects for me using my tablet.

There is a Skype App. I use it all the time on my Galaxy Tab 2. There is also a YouTube app. Flash is not on any tablets that I know of. I have found almost nothing though that this affects for me using my tablet.

I think that last years Asus and Acer that I got for DD and DS were the last tablets to have Adobe flash.

Try checking for an Otterbox on eBay. They are defiantly the best cases especially for young kids.

http://bit.ly/Q8vVg4

Be careful with this case because the only one that Otterbox has listed on their web site says NOT compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2:

Compatibility:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0

NOT compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, 7.0+, 7.7, 8.9, 10.1

NOT compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0, 10.1

So it seems they are only good for the first version of the Galaxy Tab. It doesnt seem like Otterbox makes one for the new version. Bummer..I love their cases. :(

Be careful with this case because the only one that Otterbox has listed on their web site says NOT compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2:

Compatibility:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0

NOT compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, 7.0+, 7.7, 8.9, 10.1

NOT compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0, 10.1

So it seems they are only good for the first version of the Galaxy Tab. It doesnt seem like Otterbox makes one for the new version. Bummer..I love their cases. :(

I just did a quick check.

Pretty sure the Staples one is a Nexus 16 GB for $229, (that is $199 at WM), and 32 GB is $249...

Ok, I think I have this right, but I lost my "cheat sheet" when I was up late last night. . . so I can buy the NEXUS 8 GB staples for 229.00, or 16 GB pay 249 ?

at Walmart for 199.00 (now) don't know any workers so no discount..the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch 8gb and buy a 32 GB SD card for a total of 40 GB for how much money?

Walmart has the Galaxy Tab 2 now for $199.99 in store or online. On BF you can pick up a microsd card for $17.99 at BB for example. I think I saw it also someplace for $16.99

That would give you 40gb in the Galaxy Tab 2 not the Nexus. I just went to my Walmart and they had one left in stock and I can put it on layaway if I want. I spoke to my Son's friend who works at Walmart and he said he would buy it for me with his discount which would bring it down to the same price as BF. He also said if I wanted to wait and bring a BF flyer (since some of them have the Tab 2 not as a doorbuster I can get it for the BF pricematch and also his 10% discount. I am thinking also of doing the same with the Asus Transformer at OD, pricematch at Walmart since they have the 32gb there also.

Ok, I think I have this right, but I lost my "cheat sheet" when I was up late last night. . . so I can buy the NEXUS 8 GB staples for 229.00, or 16 GB pay 249 ?

at Walmart for 199.00 (now) don't know any workers so no discount..the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch 8gb and buy a 32 GB SD card for a total of 40 GB for how much money?

Ok now I have a question for all you tablet savvy people. Walmart has on special buy the HKC tablet with 8gb and android 4.0 bit also says it comes preloaded with google play store its 99.99 on sale from 179.98is this a good tablet for 6 and 8 year old.

If it this one then god no!

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=654E8661D941EBDA155F3157164BAE53#ip/HKC-7-Capacitive-Touchscreen-Tablet-Featuring-l-Mobile-Services-and-Android-4.0-with-8GB-Memory-Assorted-Colors/20976849

NEVER purchase anything that says "capacitive" touchscreen. That mean you have to press down for it to work. Horrible and sooo outdated. Please don't buy this. :)

NEVER purchase anything that says "capacitive" touchscreen. That mean you have to press down for it to work. Horrible and sooo outdated. Please don't buy this. :)

i think you mean "resistive" means you have to push. iPhone is a capacitive screen.

I bought my grandkids resistive screens. All the low price ones have those screens unfortunately . Only the 200 and up ones have capacative screens. I've never heard of that brand, but I bought Pandigital ones. Cnet reviews said Pandigital were the best choice for the low price tablets. I can't justify 200 for 3 grandkids. My own kids get the fires, but not the grandkids.

Ugh...had decided I was getting my daughter (13) a Kindle Fire HD. Cashed in points for Amazon gift cards. Tonight she tells me she wants a Nook HD. The rest of our family has Nook Colors and love them. I said you don't want a Kindle like most of your friends, nope want a Nook. Figures...now I will be in search of a good deal on a Nook.

I was checking this one out the other day and reading the reviews. Seems pretty good for the price and even though I had already decided to get the Fire HD for my daughter, I almost went with this one instead. In the end I decided against and am still going with the Fire. Amazon customer service and warranty is so good, I want to know my daughters only gift will be backed with no issues. Although, if I can come up with the extra funds I want to try out this one at Walmart as a family gift, even though we already have a family Kindle Fire.

I agree with the amazon customer service. It is just too good to go with anyone else. I go on teh amazon help forums every day and answer questions and read the posts. THere are people with nooks on there too and people with other tablets and ereaders. THe other companies are awful. I went on teh nook forums just for fun to see if they were true and the people on there are so upset and angry all teh time because you get no help from them. Amazon replaced my kindle twice, I broke teh screen myself and they shipped me a new one free. ONe lady said her dog chewed hers up and they sent her a new one. One person said she replaced hers 9 times because the keys faded and they kept sending her new ones free. No other company on the planet will do that.

I was checking this one out the other day and reading the reviews. Seems pretty good for the price and even though I had already decided to get the Fire HD for my daughter, I almost went with this one instead. In the end I decided against and am still going with the Fire. Amazon customer service and warranty is so good, I want to know my daughters only gift will be backed with no issues. Although, if I can come up with the extra funds I want to try out this one at Walmart as a family gift, even though we already have a family Kindle Fire.

Walmart has the Galaxy Tab 2 now for $199.99 in store or online. On BF you can pick up a microsd card for $17.99 at BB for example. I think I saw it also someplace for $16.99

That would give you 40gb in the Galaxy Tab 2 not the Nexus. I just went to my Walmart and they had one left in stock and I can put it on layaway if I want. I spoke to my Son's friend who works at Walmart and he said he would buy it for me with his discount which would bring it down to the same price as BF. He also said if I wanted to wait and bring a BF flyer (since some of them have the Tab 2 not as a doorbuster I can get it for the BF pricematch and also his 10% discount. I am thinking also of doing the same with the Asus Transformer at OD, pricematch at Walmart since they have the 32gb there also.

wow that would be awesome!

do some research on that transformer before you buy it. I got one when they first came out buyt ended up getting to trade it in to the infinity because it had so many issues. LOVE my asus infinity!

wow that would be awesome!

do some research on that transformer before you buy it. I got one when they first came out buyt ended up getting to trade it in to the infinity because it had so many issues. LOVE my asus infinity!

We already have the Original transformer and DS LOVES it. No problems. The 2md gen that came out right after we bought his had so many problems with wifi and gps. This one is the TF300 that came out after the 2nd gen. I guess their 3rd gen but different model #. No problems with it at all. I have been hoping for a deal on ASUS much prefer it to DD Acer Iconia A5000 she got last year also

I have heard a lot of great things about Amazon's customer service and warranty's for the Kindle Fire. Do you have to buy through Amazon to get that kind of service or can you buy the Kindles at Best Buy but still go to Amazon for support and customer service? I know Best Buy has the gc deal bf but I am willing to sacrifice that if it makes a difference where it is bought.