Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

FYI, Costco had their BF prices on the Galaxy Tab2 both online and in the stores. Got a 10.1" for $279 (after $100 off). The 7" was somewhere in the $177 range I think. Just checked their online and it appears to have vanished. Be careful as the online prices were $20 more for some reason.

'":

Good For YOU! :D I am not a member, I used to know someone with membership but she moved...so not an option for me....

I never thought about them being alphabetical until you said so:

Jelly Bean 4.2 November 13, 2012 (Most Current)

Ice Cream Sandwich

Honeycomb

Gingerbread

Eclair

Donut

Cupcake

I wonder what dessert will be next..lol! xD

Ahh. I remember my Samsung Moment and b!tching about how it sucked. Lol. I think it was Cupcake. ;)

I've heard the next one will be Key Lime Pie 5.0, but we will have to wait and see. :)

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Oh GET OUT! I was only guessing! I just happen to regularly enjoy Key Lime Pie (and Kahlua)

Ahh. I remember my Samsung Moment and b!tching about how it sucked. Lol. I think it was Cupcake. ;)

I've heard the next one will be Key Lime Pie 5.0, but we will have to wait and see. :)

Is that only for Ipad, Iphones, ipod touches, and Kindle Fires. The devices that do not have the capability to expand. Would it work on the Nexxus?

I plan on getting a microsd card with 32gb so will have plenty of storage.

For all you tablet buyers, Amazon has the Wi-Drive discounted today...

- 64g $79.99

- 32g $49.99

great way to share media among your portable devices.

Very interested in this but I think $50 is a little high. I can't believe they get $200 for them!

I got the 64g wi-drive. This is for my wife so she can take movies to dialysis (4-5 hrs at a pop), BUT this will be great on a long drive as three people can all pull media off the drive concurrently. $80 is a little high for a 64g thumb drive, but you cannot use a thumb drive with a Fire, so this is not only the best solution, it's the only solution.

so how about the Galaxy Tab 2 at Verizon for $99? That's a good deal, right? I'm looking for my 9 year old and didn't really want to spend $150 for a Kindle (or even $129 as it was the other day). It says you need to pay $10/month for line access. Do all these other tablets have monthly fees? Or they don't because they are all wi-fi only and not 4g? (I know the Kindle doesn't). But then with this I'm probably going to have to increase my data plan as well, aren't I? Becuase I only have the 1GB plan now for my phone.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/Verizon/scans.php?id=Verizon

ETA: D'oh! as I'm typing it out I realize I'm better off with a $129 Kindle (assuming it goes back down) because if I get the Galazy, in addition to the $99 I'll have to pay $120/year line fee. D'oh!

With a regular tablet, Once you purchase it that is it unless you get a case and memory cards if needed. They are wifi only. If you have a large data plan, you can tether the tablet to your phone for service when not in a wifi area. Your phone becomes the hotspot.

so how about the Galaxy Tab 2 at Verizon for $99? That's a good deal, right? I'm looking for my 9 year old and didn't really want to spend $150 for a Kindle (or even $129 as it was the other day). It says you need to pay $10/month for line access. Do all these other tablets have monthly fees? Or they don't because they are all wi-fi only and not 4g? (I know the Kindle doesn't). But then with this I'm probably going to have to increase my data plan as well, aren't I? Becuase I only have the 1GB plan now for my phone.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/Verizon/scans.php?id=Verizon

ETA: D'oh! as I'm typing it out I realize I'm better off with a $129 Kindle (assuming it goes back down) because if I get the Galazy, in addition to the $99 I'll have to pay $120/year line fee. D'oh!

With a regular tablet, Once you purchase it that is it unless you get a case and memory cards if needed. They are wifi only. If you have a large data plan, you can tether the tablet to your phone for service when not in a wifi area. Your phone becomes the hotspot.

But with the other tablets (i.e, Kindle) - you're not able to use those as 4g with a hotspot when there's no wifi around, right? You're just talking about the Galaxy? Sorry, not all that tech-savvy.

As far as I know if you have a hotspot you should be able to connect the Kindle to the hotspot it works like wifi in your house. If your device has wifi then it conects to a wifi hotspot... My phone is 4g snd if I had a Kindle when I turn phone into a wifi hotspot the kindle can connect to it as long as I input the password.

But with the other tablets (i.e, Kindle) - you're not able to use those as 4g with a hotspot when there's no wifi around, right? You're just talking about the Galaxy? Sorry, not all that tech-savvy.

As far as I know if you have a hotspot you should be able to connect the Kindle to the hotspot it works like wifi in your house. If your device has wifi then it conects to a wifi hotspot... My phone is 4g snd if I had a Kindle when I turn phone into a wifi hotspot the kindle can connect to it as long as I input the password.

got it, thanks. That's good to know in a pinch although I don't want him sucking up all my data plan, lol.

NOt true, you can use any hotspot with the kindle also, many people use their cell phones as hotspots for their kindles. Just because it's a different kind of tablet doesn't make any difference.

Thanks, I still can't decide if I want to get the galaxy that is on sale at best buy now or try for the 399 iPad at Walmart with gift card. If bestbuy didn't charge the restocking fee I would get the galaxy now and just return it if I got the iPad later.b

Is the one at Best Buy on sale now or BF? I would never go to Best Buy on BF and since the iPad is guaranteed at Walmart it's a better bet. My MIL that works at Walmart said that if they run out in store on BF they order it site to store for you for the $399 with a gift card. That's how they are guaranteeing it.

NOt true, you can use any hotspot with the kindle also, many people use their cell phones as hotspots for their kindles. Just because it's a different kind of tablet doesn't make any difference.

That is what I said that it can be used with a hotspot via wifi..

Nice I guess you buy at Staples alot. I realy don't but if they gave me coupons like that I might...

If you have a Discover card, use that for everything. Stores like Best Buy, Walmart, and Staples (there are hundreds of merchants) offer 5% or more cash back on each purchase that starts at shopdiscover.com. You can use this cash to pay your bill or purchase discounted gift cards. I use mine to buy Staples $25 gift cards for $20. When you spend these at Staples, it's getting 20% off their best sales. Sign up for Staples Rewards. It's free and members get $2 per ink or toner cart recycled (up to ten/month), discounts on paper and ink, plus free after rewards paper, batteries, and other stuff. Rewards can be spent like cash at Staples. Often, you can monetize these by spending them on free after rebate items. It's not uncommon for them to offer some software as a download free after rebate. So you get what you paid for, plus the free after rewards stuff, plus the software, plus a gift card or rebate worth more than you could have cashed out at Discover. With all of this, it's not difficult to spend $1k in a year. When this happens, you are a premier member. Premier members get free shipping plus can recycle up to twenty carts per month and have up to six months to spend rewards. You should also buy an hp printer because it's pretty common to get double or triple recycle rewards when you purchase some amount of ink when you recycle. Eventually, you get into this vortex in which ink, paper, and computers are free. Oh, and you get the great $25 off $75 coupons. Isn't that why we are all here?