Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

70% off here in West TN.,

My biggest find was teh Singing & Storytelling Bells retail $79.99 for $23.98! My daughter is gonna love her for her 3rd birthday!

Your dd is gonna love that Belle doll. I got it for my dd for Christmas because I got it at 50% on a weekend sale. Just make sure if your dd is one that looses pieces easily to find a special place for the accesories. My dd constantly misplaces things and the main part of the doll is the add ons so I make sure when she finishes playing with it the pieces go in a special shelf.

Thank you for the suggestion! Hope she does like it - hard finding stuff we don't already have from her big sister so this will be a little different for her!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/038.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/037.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/036.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/034.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/030.jpg

2 of the 3 Targets I go to marked down today. yay!!!!

Edited by kimpooh19

Exton, PA went 70% off on MOST toys today, Lego sets holding at 30-50% (it about killed me to leave them, but we don't really need any more, though I would've gotten them at 70% anyway), and a scattering of other toys still at 30-50%, so be careful. All seemed to be marked, as I scanned a bunch. I didn't see any Halo toys on the clearance there. :(

Here is what I got there:

### 086050039 Circo brand Cupcake Wand $0.74. (DD is having a Cupcakee wars party.)

### 086100208 Time 4 Toys Polka dot Tea Set $4.50

### 086100225 Time 4 Toys butterfly peg craft set $3.00

### 086100226 Time 4 Toys Military play set (In plastic jug) $3.00

### 087050497 Disney Cars 2 RC set (Lightening McQueen & Francesco) $13.48

### 087061769 Squinkies - Hotwheels $2.98

### 087061766 Squinkies Cars2 dispenser set $7.48

### 087070949 Rev up ramp set $11.98

### 204070542 Hello Kitty Mega blocks sets $3.58

Thank you for the suggestion! Hope she does like it - hard finding stuff we don't already have from her big sister so this will be a little different for her!

I really wanted one of those Belle dolls for my daughter too. Only one store near me even has her and the store is closer to my work and I'm home today so I just can't justify the drive to go there in hopes they have one. By tomorrow, I'm sure they will be gone. Bummed about that. Was able to find some of what has been posted already though. Didn't buy as much either as in year's past. I had a little more restraint! LOL!

The sales associate clued me in to the little number on the top right corner of the clearance tag that shows the % off, how accurate do you think that is? Should I always scan?

TY

Just peeled off all the little orange tags and this seems to be the case for the stuff I bought. But yes, ALWAYS scan! :)

Only found a few more things when I went out at lunch.

086022664 Teacup Piggies 2.98

086022706 Littlest Pet Shop Blythe Airplane 11.98

087050803 Cars 2 Lightning McQueen RC Car 19.48 (reg 64.99)

087070619 Hot Wheels Build A Motorcycle 2.68

204070836 Need For Speed Porsche (MegaBlocks) 16.48

Nice haul of boys toys at Temple, PA:

### 086100212 Time 4 Toyz foam sports ball 3 pack 3.00

### 086100211 Time 4 Toyz Large car carrier truck 4.50

### 087021568, 087021565 Paper Jamz guitars 5.36

### 087021573 Paper Jamz drums 5.96

### 087050754 New Bright R/C small trucks 7.48

### 087070859 Mario Kart pull back car 2.38

### 087070963 Tonka construction vehicles 2.98

### 087071357 Hot Wheels Monster Jam Ultimate Crush kit 11.98

### 087071883 Hot Wheels cars 0.98

### 087101347 Lego games 5.90

### 087101930 Tapz 9.58

### 088030344 Oglo glow in the dark bouncy balls (3 pack) 1.48

### 204000483 Lego Star Wars advent calendar 19.98

### 204030550 Circo foam play swords 1.48

### 204033213 Imaginext alien 2.00

### 204033583 Thomas the Train: TrackMaster Cranky and Flynn Save the Day Playset 17.98

### 204040940 Leapster Jedi math game 7.48

### 204041436 Leapster Jedi reading game 7.48

### 204041170 Leapfrog Tag Learn to Draw and Write with Mr. Pencil 8 piece book set 5.98

### 204070183 TRIO Joker's laugh lab 8.38

### 087070968 Hot Wheels Super 6 lane raceway 23.99

### 204070249 Lego Star Wars Darth Vader keychain LED light 2.99

### 065152136 HOME red poinsetta wreath 5.98

Also found more tape, pop up tape dispensers, and pop up tape refills all ringing up INF and they WOULD NOT sell them to me! Boo! I've gotten INF stuff before but I take it as a sign from above that I must have enough tape already :)

Edited by ama125

70% off here in cleveland oh. It amazes me how many boy toys there are since I had a girl. It was like that during the summer toy markdown too. I did manage to get the Minnie Mouse purse and glasses. Was hoping to find the shoes but no luck.

I found the Bicycle card sets someone posted were ringing .49. The store had 8 of them but scanned as unavailable. I never ask because I get too annoyed when(and I do mean when) they say no.

Now I am waiting for the inflatable beds to go 70%.

I found some the other day that rang 49¢...found a few more sets today that scanned "item not found"...there was an employee near the scanner and I mentioned I had previously purchased them at that price..he said he would radio the checkout to let them know...shared one with a lady that was shopping with her two kids and she was delighted..I figure it never hurts to ask :-)

I hit the Pace, FL target first. 70%. Only 1 or 2 people there. I had my pick of basically anything. Not much I cared for since we have too many toys anyways. I got

Step 2 Took Workshop-$20.xx(was really hoping for this)

Step 2 Play kitchen-$24.xx

Chuggington Railway-$17.xx

ABC Foam Mats-$6

Firetruck-$8.xx

Alphie-$11.xx

Pensacola, FL didn't mark down today and didn't have much of a selection. Not sure about the Bayou location. They had squat the other day. Now just need to hit the baby clearance.

Ugh, so the cashier didn't give me my Minnie Mouse purse set. I called and they said it wasn't anywhere to be found. Of course I wont find another back in toys since it is picked over.

Now in order to even get my money back, they want me to come in with my receipt while the security guy is there so he can comb over security footage to see what happened with it THEN give me my money back!

The trouble is not worth the $3 but it's the principle! And thanks goodness I didn't tell my daughter about it when I picked her up from preschool! What a bummer.

Guess I didn't need the matching shoes I was hunting for!

Went back to the Brandon Target and I couldnt believe it, they werent lying, they were not marked down today! But, I was thrilled that I did go today because only a few of their toys were 70% off for a few weeks now and they had a barbie charm school bedroom dollhouse set for 11.98 originally 39.99 and right next to it was the Barbie perfect CHristmas holiday Barbie set which I have been searching everywhere for and has def not been there, my guess is someone hid these two things in a stash or something and they just found it and put it back or were returns, either way I grabbed it, it only scanned at 50% but I bought it because I was planning on buying it weeks ago at 50% but just couldnt find it, so overall was REALLY happy I went back, hopefully they mark down 2morrow! Someone said it might not be until Saturday, I hope thats wrong because I will not get a good pick then.

Ugh, so the cashier didn't give me my Minnie Mouse purse set. I called and they said it wasn't anywhere to be found. Of course I wont find another back in toys since it is picked over.

Now in order to even get my money back, they want me to come in with my receipt while the security guy is there so he can comb over security footage to see what happened with it THEN give me my money back!

The trouble is not worth the $3 but it's the principle! And thanks goodness I didn't tell my daughter about it when I picked her up from preschool! What a bummer.

Well that doesn't sound fair to me!!!

I had my own moment of displeasure with Target today, but yours beats it hands down. I was in the store at 8, mark downs had just started, 4 other women and I piled stuff up and waited for them to finish. None of us asked to put stickers on our stuff, we waited- well until they decided it was time to go on break while we all waited. We ended up talking to the manager (after waiting for a half hour) who promised

they would come out and scan our stuff immediately... well that didn't happen. Until I raised a stink that I had been there with a 1 year old for over an hour waiting for them to scan 4 of my toys. *rollingeyes* So an hour and a half later I finally made it out of the store. I got some good deals but was really peeved. i would have been less peeved if they hadn't gone on break and left us just hanging.

Well, I had to go back out and got the Belle Storytime interactive doll after all! I made the long drive because I just couldn't stand it not getting her. Luckily I did because they only had two left! Not sure why only one store around here got her! :) I'm very happy!!!!!

Well when their system shows up their stock to be -1, then they should refund you without going through all of that hassle.

I would go and call their bluff. I find it hard to believe they really will go to that extreme for $3.xx. and if they do decide to, and once they see u didn't get em, throw a fit with the manager maybe they will offer u a gift card or something for waisting your time.

I didn't buy much today! The only thing I really wanted was one of the kitchen sets and I got it! Here's what I bought:

(1) Circo play kitchen set $23.98

(1) Spy Gear camera $7.48

(1) MP3 player $7.48

(1) Paper Jamz guitar $5.36

(1) Air Hogs remote car $5.36

(1) Tag Jr. Thomas the tank book $3.24

(1) Lil girls cellphone $2.18

I also found the Disney princess kitchen play set, but didn't buy it because I liked the Circo one better!

70% off here in cleveland oh. It amazes me how many boy toys there are since I had a girl. It was like that during the summer toy markdown too. I did manage to get the Minnie Mouse purse and glasses. Was hoping to find the shoes but no luck.

There were quite a few girl toys earlier, but they either sold out early, or were salvaged this morning before opening. I suspect at least a fair number were salvaged because an entire aisle's worth of clearance toys disappeared overnight from last night to this morning. Most notably the Littlest Pet Shop, but definitely more than that. Locally they probably had a salvage company willing to pay more for girl toys like those so they got pulled.

I made out well. Though I made a judgment call between my 2 closest stores and chose well. The one I went to was the only store all day that had the Halo sets left. That and a large Erector set (which I saw full price everywhere else) that DS wanted. It was interesting how different what was left was from store to store. More than usual. Most had almost no good Ninjago spinners, but 2 were loaded with the better ones, not just skeletons. Some had Thomas wooden railway sets (nice ones), others those were full price or not around at all. Very different for me this year.

Got several Legos at 50% since I didn't want to chance it.

Hot Wheels Squinkies are a hidden deal at a lot of stores. Check the regular aisle.

That is a bummer, but I can hardly blame them. If I was the store owner I wouldn't just refund because someone claimed it was left out of the bag. That is one of the reasons why they have the security camera. You can imagine how many similar calls they get every week. Plus they would need your receipt to give you a refund for it or to refund your credit card, so you would need to go back in in any case. It doesn't take that long for them to go over the tape. It is on the computer.

I had my own moment of displeasure with Target today, but yours beats it hands down. I was in the store at 8, mark downs had just started, 4 other women and I piled stuff up and waited for them to finish. None of us asked to put stickers on our stuff, we waited- well until they decided it was time to go on break while we all waited. We ended up talking to the manager (after waiting for a half hour) who promised

they would come out and scan our stuff immediately... well that didn't happen. Until I raised a stink that I had been there with a 1 year old for over an hour waiting for them to scan 4 of my toys. *rollingeyes* So an hour and a half later I finally made it out of the store. I got some good deals but was really peeved. i would have been less peeved if they hadn't gone on break and left us just hanging.

Annoying as it is to have to wait, they are legally required to take breaks after a certain amount of time working. They can actually get fired for NOT doing so. I know a fair number of the local employees, and I've seen them in a panic running to clock out for break to avoid getting there late. And, they don't really have any obligation to scan the stuff once it is off the shelf. As far as they are concerned, once it is in your basket, you are planning to buy it. I know some of them can be passive aggressive over the whole thing, believe me. I've heard the stories of the employees getting nasty about people hovering to get their markdowns. But it sounds like they were just doing their jobs and having a normal work day. It just happened to be inconvenient for you because you were shopping with a small child and wanted to get stuff marked and leave. Store 2 I went to on the way to take DS to school and they had not started on the main aisle yet. I had about 5 things in my cart and asked them if they were going to be doing them soon, and they said they were taking their break. I had to leave to get him to school and had an appointment the other direction at 10, so I could not come back till after school. So, I put the cart over in a back corner of sporting goods and hoped for the best. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when I came back at 3:30 and found that it was not only still there, but they had marked the items in my cart!! These were cool, big Thomas sets and everything. It was pretty amazing.

One store I went to today had not started marking at 1pm. They were doing price changes of full price merchandise first. I pulled everything I wanted and then asked if they would be doing it soon. They didn't know and so one offered to ask her boss if she could mark them for me. They said no. So, I bought them at the higher price and will return them at one of my close stores to re-buy them at the lower price. I bought 2 of anything I was concerned about being able to get when it was returned to the floor.

That happened to me about 2yrs ago. Myself and another lady were the first two there and employee said yes marking down today. So we walked around waiting and some people starting loading carts so then I did the same. Then the mgr sends mark down team to housewares. WHAT?! at that point there were about 18 people with carts of stuff to get marked. I called CS from inside the store and about 20 min later they marked our carts down. I wasnt missing out once people started getting carts of stuff, so I did too. I was there about 3 hours. My husband came to ge my little one as it was nap/lunh time. But, that was my best haul to date.

That is a bummer, but I can hardly blame them. If I was the store owner I wouldn't just refund because someone claimed it was left out of the bag. That is one of the reasons why they have the security camera. You can imagine how many similar calls they get every week. Plus they would need your receipt to give you a refund for it or to refund your credit card, so you would need to go back in in any case. It doesn't take that long for them to go over the tape. It is on the computer.

Annoying as it is to have to wait, they are legally required to take breaks after a certain amount of time working. They can actually get fired for NOT doing so. I know a fair number of the local employees, and I've seen them in a panic running to clock out for break to avoid getting there late. And, they don't really have any obligation to scan the stuff once it is off the shelf. As far as they are concerned, once it is in your basket, you are planning to buy it. I know some of them can be passive aggressive over the whole thing, believe me. I've heard the stories of the employees getting nasty about people hovering to get their markdowns. But it sounds like they were just doing their jobs and having a normal work day. It just happened to be inconvenient for you because you were shopping with a small child and wanted to get stuff marked and leave. Store 2 I went to on the way to take DS to school and they had not started on the main aisle yet. I had about 5 things in my cart and asked them if they were going to be doing them soon, and they said they were taking their break. I had to leave to get him to school and had an appointment the other direction at 10, so I could not come back till after school. So, I put the cart over in a back corner of sporting goods and hoped for the best. I was shocked, absolutely shocked, when I came back at 3:30 and found that it was not only still there, but they had marked the items in my cart!! These were cool, big Thomas sets and everything. It was pretty amazing.

One store I went to today had not started marking at 1pm. They were doing price changes of full price merchandise first. I pulled everything I wanted and then asked if they would be doing it soon. They didn't know and so one offered to ask her boss if she could mark them for me. They said no. So, I bought them at the higher price and will return them at one of my close stores to re-buy them at the lower price. I bought 2 of anything I was concerned about being able to get when it was returned to the floor.

I am glad you were lucky and that things worked out for you.

There is clearly a difference in needing to take a break and just being a rude- ours were just being rude. I swear without training I could have scanned the whole darn aisle in the time one woman scanned a shelf. The had a 5 minute discussion whether to take their break at that time or what until they were done, it was not a pressing time constraint. So, no, they weren't just doing their their jobs, they were working extra slow. I do take some offense to your assumption the only reason I was peeved was due to being there with a young child. Yes, that made it all the more offensive, but the other women there waiting without children were just as upset. Without being there is is hard for one to make assumptions about what happened. Besides, really- what is the difference if they scan an item in a cart or one on the shelf. It all has to be scanned- why does it make such a difference? Scan them and get folks out of the way seems to make way more sense to me. But that is just my 2 cents.

The store at Grand and 17th in Santa Ana, CA has about 6 of the kids digital camera/video cameras on the very last toy asile at the back fo the store for $20 (originally about $70). They look VERY durable, and would be a great gift. Also K'nex rocket/coaster thing (look on the bottom shelf in the back).

Tustin Marketplace had a lot of Squinkies and Zoobles, some Thomas, and those fairy tree house things (sorry my D is 17--I am just not current on toy names).

I picked up a Cars racing set, some Squinkies, a Thomas Take 'n Play, a Cars monopoly set, a Pictureka card game, and a few other odds 'n ends. Done holiday shopping for next year, with some extras for donations.

SoCal, Lake Elsinore store was marked down yesterday morning... I wasnt able to get there until 11:30am and by that time 2/3 was gone (went the day before and the 1 1/2 isles were full). I was able to get a few things: Wooded activity table $27, Princess tiara plush doll and bath time doll and barbie fairy doll, Dora dress up clothes, Lots of disney's toy story and cars stuff, a few polly pockets (which I use for birthday grab bags). I am going to hit Murrieta after work today... probably not much left but it is worth a try!

All of our Step Two stuff is still 30% off... they still had the big wheel, kitchen, water table and wagon.