Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

I was able to hit two Targets in Murrieta (SoCal)... Got Princess Tiana Bedding for 70% off. They also had these Disney Princess Kitchen's, I dont remember seeing them before, but they were 70% off... I got it for $45.00, so to me I scored on that! There was one left at 8pm tonight, in case anyone is in the area.

Pretty much every single women's glove, winter hat, scarf, and half of the purses and other accessories are marked to 70% off at the Mission Target. They had at least 500+ sets of those stretchy gloves for $.60/2. Bought a bunch to donate and a few nice scarf/glove sets for gifts. Umbrellas marked down, wallets, TONS.

BOTH of my stores are getting remodeled which I have realized is going to be annoying. It was a nice benefit when I caught some early clearances but now things are just mixed up and crazy. The deal hunting is going to involve actual hunting now.

No markdown in sporting goods there...I'm waiting b/c there are a couple of items there that I really want. Are sporting goods markdowns still on Thursdays usually?

I've forgotten if Legos eventually did go to 70% (75%) in previous years if they stay on the shelf that long. If so, would it occur in 2 weeks? Just wondering if I should get them now as they might be salvaged after 50%. Thanks.

I've forgotten if Legos eventually did go to 70% (75%) in previous years if they stay on the shelf that long. If so, would it occur in 2 weeks? Just wondering if I should get them now as they might be salvaged after 50%. Thanks.

They might be salvaged. More likely purchased. My store had at least 20 Lego sets of varying size yesterday and they were all gone except ONE today. And they were all only 50% off (marked and scanning).

I'm a late night shopper and I notice a crew of workers coming in at 10:30 right before they close. There is a line of about a dozen empty shopping carts with signs hanging from them. I always wondered what they did throughout the night. None of the other stores in the area do this, only this location. What exactly are they doing? And I know you said you've been clearance shopping for ten years but how did you learn all this in such depth?

Hard to say. They might well be stocking. They put signs on all sorts of cards. They move merchandise around, they return go-backs, they stock merchandise. I have gotten to know the employees and managers over the last 10 years. I know the main managers at 6 of our local stores. In fact, 5 of those 6 came up through the ranks and were assistant managers at our Pasadena stores before they got their own stores. I've developed a lot of relationships at the two stores here in town. Some of the employees have changed stores, and I still see them when I go clearance shopping for holiday clearance and make a big circuit. They all tell me different things and they answer questions when I try to figure out why or how they do things. Some of the general retail knowledge I have is from personal experience, too. I have worked in retail management and done buying trips to market. I have picked up a lot over the years, I guess.

They might be salvaged. More likely purchased. My store had at least 20 Lego sets of varying size yesterday and they were all gone except ONE today. And they were all only 50% off (marked and scanning).

Yeah, they used to always go the whole way. Last summer some places only went to 50% and salvaged, others went all the way to 75%. I didn't want to risk it, so I bought the Legos we wanted to get. Depends on how much you want them. Some I was willing to wait on, but I got the sets the boys really wanted.

Hard to say. They might well be stocking. They put signs on all sorts of cards. They move merchandise around, they return go-backs, they stock merchandise. I have gotten to know the employees and managers over the last 10 years. I know the main managers at 6 of our local stores. In fact, 5 of those 6 came up through the ranks and were assistant managers at our Pasadena stores before they got their own stores. I've developed a lot of relationships at the two stores here in town. Some of the employees have changed stores, and I still see them when I go clearance shopping for holiday clearance and make a big circuit. They all tell me different things and they answer questions when I try to figure out why or how they do things. Some of the general retail knowledge I have is from personal experience, too. I have worked in retail management and done buying trips to market. I have picked up a lot over the years, I guess.

Well I appreciate all of your help and knowledge in this forum. I like to keep a mutual respect with my stores but am more under the radar type of person so thank you. A lot of the talk on here is kid related items so I think I'll be all set once I do have kids! :P

A lot of the talk on here is kid related items so I think I'll be all set once I do have kids! :P

I think that might be because kids are so expensive and if you weren't a bargain shopper before you had kids, you have to become one once you do! Especially when they are babies! I know I am glad to have everyone here! We couldn't get by without everyone's postings.

I think that might be because kids are so expensive and if you weren't a bargain shopper before you had kids, you have to become one once you do! Especially when they are babies! I know I am glad to have everyone here! We couldn't get by without everyone's postings.

I agree! Being a mommy of 3 it def. is hard to buy with out getting a bargain. And kids out grow cloths so quick that it just isn't worth spending so much money. With the coat clearance I stocked up on my little man for next yr. and saved 70 percent on each coat. Now that makes me one happy mama ; )

Anyone have prediction for baby clearance mark downs tomorrow? We have two stores at 30% on non clothes and 50% for winter clothes. Would love to see 50% & 70% tomorrow!

My store has had the winter cloths at 50 for 2 weeks so I am hoping Tom is the day for 70. ; )

I found a receipt in my drawer for Jan. 22, 2011 on baby items. So not sure if it will be tomorrow or next week. My target is an hour drive so hate to waste the time driving for nothing tomorrow but really need stuff for this baby.

If I have time in the morning I'm planning on stopping I need a second booster car seat I will post if my target goes

SCORE! my store was marking down just a few min ago.. which is odd because they are very good about doing it first thing before the store opens. They were also picky about which clothes went 50 and which went 70, but i ended up getting 29 items for 1.50 a piece with the exception of a three piece suit my hubby HAD to have (if its a boy!) for 5.60, which still isn't bad, and 4 winter coats for 4.80 a piece (got on sunday). Most were simple shirts, onsies, pants, and skirts. What was odd was that the Circa or Just for one items were oddly marked. Some shirts were, some were not. Found a employee and she said they were told very specifically which things to take to 70% and the rest will go next week. A little over 60 dollars for 29 items isn't bad!

Other items were not marked down past 15% or 50% for smaller items. I am waiting on 50% for pack and plays and car seats, and 70% on other smaller items. Same rep let me know next week as well.

SCORE! my store was marking down just a few min ago.. which is odd because they are very good about doing it first thing before the store opens. They were also picky about which clothes went 50 and which went 70, but i ended up getting 29 items for 1.50 a piece with the exception of a three piece suit my hubby HAD to have (if its a boy!) for 5.60, which still isn't bad, and 4 winter coats for 4.80 a piece (got on sunday). Most were simple shirts, onsies, pants, and skirts. What was odd was that the Circa or Just for one items were oddly marked. Some shirts were, some were not. Found a employee and she said they were told very specifically which things to take to 70% and the rest will go next week. A little over 60 dollars for 29 items isn't bad!

Other items were not marked down past 15% or 50% for smaller items. I am waiting on 50% for pack and plays and car seats, and 70% on other smaller items. Same rep let me know next week as well.

Thanks I hope my store has some stuff left when I get out of work at 5. Ur car seats where they marked down anything more then 30 off?

Thanks I hope my store has some stuff left when I get out of work at 5. Ur car seats where they marked down anything more then 30 off?

No. My store was at 15% and just went to 30% on that kind of stuff today.

Hubby is checking other store at lunch and will let me know there

I found a Monsters Inc bluray/dvd/digital copy for 8.48!!!!! Super thrilled with that. I think it might have been an online item it was buried in the toy clearance. Had a marker through the upc and a red sticker on the front saying "as is" with 8.48. I scanned it myself and it came up not found but it scanned properly at the checkout. Had DH with me so I didn't get to look around for anything else.