Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

I have to vent a little bit. I purchased a $79.98 Kindle for my daughter a few days ago....and when we got it home she said she wished that she had chosen a Kindle Touch. We were in Target a few days later....and lo and behold we found a Kindle Touch in the glass case that had been repackaged and was clearanced for $69.98 (instead of the regular price of $99.98). I asked the electronics guy if I would be allowed to return the first Kindle (we didn't want two Kindles) and he said sure, but you might check with customer service. I did. I was told that as long as I still had the box and my receipt that it would be fine. So I went ahead bought the second Kindle at the service desk. I took the first Kindle back today....and guess what Target said? You guessed it.....can't return it! I argued and argued and they finally agreed to give me in-store credit. I am so frustrated with Target's return policies (and the fact that their own customer service people don't understand the policies). I'm sure I will use the credit up over time.....but it is the principal of the matter. I probably should contact corporate.

On a side note.....does anyone know when sporting good clearance will be marked down again?

I have to vent a little bit. I purchased a $79.98 Kindle for my daughter a few days ago....and when we got it home she said she wished that she had chosen a Kindle Touch. We were in Target a few days later....and lo and behold we found a Kindle Touch in the glass case that had been repackaged and was clearanced for $69.98 (instead of the regular price of $99.98). I asked the electronics guy if I would be allowed to return the first Kindle (we didn't want two Kindles) and he said sure, but you might check with customer service. I did. I was told that as long as I still had the box and my receipt that it would be fine. So I went ahead bought the second Kindle at the service desk. I took the first Kindle back today....and guess what Target said? You guessed it.....can't return it! I argued and argued and they finally agreed to give me in-store credit. I am so frustrated with Target's return policies (and the fact that their own customer service people don't understand the policies). I'm sure I will use the credit up over time.....but it is the principal of the matter. I probably should contact corporate.

On a side note.....does anyone know when sporting good clearance will be marked down again?

What was there reasoning for not accepting the return? I mean you had the receipt right? Geeez.

They have funky rules about returns on electronics, but that's ridiculous. It is one thing if you didn't ask. But that just ain't right!

did they give u any specific reason... electronics are tricky... they do not return if they think it has been opened i.e the original seal looks tempered with...also return date is 45 days i think...

once I bought a WII excersie set...i think it had a DVD and some other things in the pack.. as i picked it on clearance, the side tape was a little crumpled...the DVD was still packed .. but they refused to return as it looked that the original packaging looked like it was opened... even though everything inside was completly packed...

I'm curious to what the reasoning was too. Like everyone else said, electronics can be tricky as with most stores. I always get the person's name I talk to at any store/company. Whether it's a complaint I had or whether they 'okayed' something, etc. It doesn't matter if it's in person or on the phone. I will always have a trail of information so I can call them out if I have any issues. It has helped me tremendously over the years.

I picked 11 assorted Mossimo, Merona Ultimate Long Sleeves for $3.60 each today. Great deal for me since I paid $6 and $5 for them back in the fall - but of course, back then, there were a lot of different designs left and stripes. Now it's only boring and odd solid colors left. Beggars can't be choosers. I was glad that there were still some left in my size. Surprisingly the largest number left were in size M and XL (both not my size).

Finally found a 4T bright red pea coat for 70% off ($8) for DD next year. She loves it so much, she's wearing it now. Thank goodness for returns. I was surprised that there were soo many boots left this year (probably the snow fall has been little) - so I got a size 10 for $5.58. Thankfully, I got size 8 boots last year since they were the only size remaining for DD, even though she is only a 7, almost 8 this year. So they won't be wasted :)

Edited by junkietiger14

I'm curious to what the reasoning was too. Like everyone else said, electronics can be tricky as with most stores. I always get the person's name I talk to at any store/company. Whether it's a complaint I had or whether they 'okayed' something, etc. It doesn't matter if it's in person or on the phone. I will always have a trail of information so I can call them out if I have any issues. It has helped me tremendously over the years.

The Kindle was in fact opened. I explained this to the customer service representative and was told that it was not an issue as long as I had the original box and receipt. I knew the name and description of the service rep....but was told by the store manager that I had been given incorrect information about the return policy. I had gone through the process of asking about the return because I knew that Target was really strict on electronic item returns. Maybe I need to start calling corporate and having a conference call with the local customer service when I ask my questions. :cheesy:

The Kindle was in fact opened. I explained this to the customer service representative and was told that it was not an issue as long as I had the original box and receipt. I knew the name and description of the service rep....but was told by the store manager that I had been given incorrect information about the return policy. I had gone through the process of asking about the return because I knew that Target was really strict on electronic item returns. Maybe I need to start calling corporate and having a conference call with the local customer service when I ask my questions. :cheesy:

i think they gave you the store credit because their customer service gave you incorrect info...otherwise they just refuse... i know how you feel but i am glad you got the store credit .. i am saying this based on my experience...

Does anyone know about the Sporting Goods, I always try to buy for a fundraiser, and am afraid I'm going to miss it?

i would say it is coming in waves. i saw, but didn't purchase (all at 70%):

coleman durango tent marked to $13.xx

kelty large hiking pack marked to $17.xx

embark camping chairs marked to $5-6.xx

no movement on the bigger tents, sleeping bags, stoves, airbeds, scooters, etc.

i did buy the ski-doo (snowmobile like yellow sled) for $23.xx

Shoe day is even more exciting than toy day for me! Lots of shoes marked 70% yesterday- tons of boots, lots of slippers, and some regular shoes. I picked up 10 pairs for $4.50-$10 each in next year's sizes.

Last week in toys I picked up a Blue Digital E-Go flip video camera for $11.xx ($12ish). Yesterday I found 2 more (at different stores) hiding on the electronics clearance endcap. Both were marked 50%, but scanned 70% ($12).

Sports wear (NFL, MLB, college teams) is 50-70% off. There were also team logo things like hats, slippers, gym towels, and pillow pets. Look in the sporting goods department.

Today I found a wool throw blanket 80% off for 10.xx! The red tag actually said 80!! They had gray, red, blue plaid and tan/white stripe. Only 1 of the 4 stores I went to today had them at all. The markdown team was doing purses, scarves and jewelery when I was there, a lot at 70 and some at 50.

Sporting goods got marked down yesterday here, according to one of the markdown team. I asked first thing this am if they were going to do it today, and she said they did it last thing yesterday. Picked up the expandable gear bag I bought at 30% today at 50% and returned on the 30% receipt.

Bedding also marked down. Found the sheets I bought at 50% for 70% and did the same.

Finally, I have been stalking the fireplace stuff since I knew it was close to time to mark down. I broke our poker and we don't have tongs, so time for a new set! They finally marked them 30% today. I have to keep an eye out. I bought a new screen on sale that was close to 30% in November, and am hoping to get it in time at 50% to do a return on that also. But we'll see. I'm happy to have them, and they almost always sell out at 30% here.

When does the bulk go on sale again....

Now that we have 3 in contacts in my house and the teenager prefers a certain kind (the most expensive) I jumped with joy when I saw it with the bulk stuff...

Last year it was early to mid-February. But a lot of stuff never goes. It just gets moved to regular aisles. Speaking of which, not sure if anyone has notice the Vday toys this time around. More and more they are putting regular toys in that section, and then not marking them down. They did it at Christmas with most of the Squinkies. This time it is the Club Penguin Puffles, Transformers and little Halo Mega Bloks figures. Kind of a bummer...

YEA Baby furniture got marked down to 50% today. Got this Chicco Travel system for $149 and the Chicco High Chair for $74. With Red Card 5% my total was $220 with tax! I have a 6 week old son and I was eyeing that travel system for a while. So happy to get it on markdown. The baby clothes were still 30 & 50% though. Sporting Goods was marked down to 50% for all you wanting to know. :)

http://www.target.com/p/Chicco-Cortina-KeyFit-Travel-System-Vega/-/A-13206365

Wow!

Anyways...My sporting goods stuff is ranging from 30-50 right now and has been holding steady for like 2 weeks. Some golf stuff is 30 and other golf stuff is 50. It is driving me crazy, I want the womens set of clubs but only at 50 (it's still 30). Why oh why does Target do this to me! lol

Hi Everyone:

This thread is for discussing clearance at Target. Keep it on topic. I cleaned it up a bit. If you quote this post, you're cool (but don't do it excessively everyone, we have deals to find. Especially me - I got a pair of yoga pants yesterday for 75% off.) Because that's what I was taught in college - if you looked up any information to use in your research, you better cite it or be hauled out before the Provost/Deans/Honor Boards.

freesia39, was women's sporting wear on clearance or just random yoga pants?

Some women's sporting wear - nothing new. It's the same stuff that I had been stalking since it went to 30%. It has a very strange looking cuff at the bottom, which looks SO WEIRD when I wear them, but it was 6.88 and I don't care. If I really do care, I might just wear them to sleep, LOL.

They're not made as yoga pants - they're some kind of exercise pants - but I intend to wear them to yoga. :tongue1:

Went to check out the baby stuff. Mostly 50% on the small stuff and 30% on the big stuff. I got the Fisher-Price Comfy Time Bouncer for 50% off. $19.98. I am stalking a car seat n stroller but it is still only 30% off. If I can get it at 50% I would be a very happy shopper!

Any ideas when they will do 50% off the big stuff?