Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Very true statement indeed - I will remember that advice. I am a mixed bag. I really wanted the Planters Almonds so I was all over the floor, and on my knees etc searching through the 4 shelves of nuts to find the last few that were there. I looked at every can in that approximate size. My bigger problem is that I cannot easily spot which items are going to be clearance items. Like pepperidge farm - I love their line and I need to cut back on the sweets (type 2 runs in the family etc) - and to get so cheap - I keep wanting to go back and see if they have more. LOL But why didn't I just check all the boxes the first time... I don't know! I just didn't think of it at the time. I was on a quest to find the almonds & the hello kitty & the grinch. Only found 1 of the 3. Then I ran out of time trying to figure out what was on clearance. I'm pretty sure I saw the MP almond tubs, but I totally would not have thought about scanning them. Thankfully - you all help me out here!

Btw - coffee drinkers is the Via Starbucks any good? It's instant Starbucks right? I only got 4 packs out of the 20 that was there.

Toy clearance - just nothing really exciting me... legos are mostly 15% off - esp the smaller sets. The big sets were 30% but the only one that was plentiful was that Star Wars set.

Well, it's not as good as I thought it would be. All my friends have raved about how they love it. But I don't like instant coffee so it is much better than any other instant coffee I have tasted. But like PP said it is good for when you don't have time or can't brew a cup. Plus, my friends will be happy to get some of my stash. BTW- my store had probably 40 or 50 packs of this stuff left.

I went in today to return some stuff I'd bought at 50-75 and managed to get at 90% and lady at CS ASKED if I wanted to buy anything back so I got most of if it back. Plus picked up a few more christmas cards and odds and ends. Best find today were the men's pajama sets. they had A Christmas Story and The Grinch scanning 1.99 in a rack of other pj sets which were scanning 15.xx.It's a cotton shirt and fleece pants.dcpi for grinch set XXL-044-05-6169 XL 044-05-6168 , didn't get other so no dcpi. Also found misc. mens chr-stmas shirts a fun pixelated reindeer one, a green don't stop believin (with santa on it) and there was a red one with christmas story kid and something about shooting. Maybe stop or I'll shoot? I'll get dcpi's for 1st too in a bit.

Target is totally making me look bad after mentioning grinch shirts only made it to 30% last year:P I totally expected everything to be salvaged by today.

http://img3.targetimg3.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/68/13680686_138x138.jpg

http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/71/13711113_138x138.jpg

the sets are folded up into a rectangle and tied with a black ribbon and I found mine hanging with other sets(they've got big pant type hangers to hold them in place.).

Edited by tinkrbel
pics

I went in today to return some stuff I'd bought at 50-75 and managed to get at 90% and lady at CS ASKED if I wanted to buy anything back so I got most of if it back. Plus picked up a few more christmas cards and odds and ends. Best find today were the men's pajama sets. they had A Christmas Story and The Grinch scanning 1.99 in a rack of other pj sets which were scanning 15.xx.It's a cotton shirt and fleece pants.dcpi for grinch set XXL-044-05-6169 XL 044-05-6168 , didn't get other so no dcpi. Also found misc. mens chr-stmas shirts a fun pixelated reindeer one, a green don't stop believin (with santa on it) and there was a red one with christmas story kid and something about shooting. Maybe stop or I'll shoot? I'll get dcpi's for 1st too in a bit.

Target is totally making me look bad after mentioning grinch shirts only made it to 30% last year:P I totally expected everything to be salvaged by today.

http://img3.targetimg3.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/68/13680686_138x138.jpg

http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/71/13711113_138x138.jpg

the sets are folded up into a rectangle and tied with a black ribbon and I found mine hanging with other sets(they've got big pant type hangers to hold them in place.).

Some people at Target CS are so nice! Good for you. :)

Hit the jackpot on scissors today. I bought 6 pair and had 3 $1.00 coupons (from last year when I couldn't find any). So I paid 19 cents in tax for 6 pairs of scissors. This was at the Ford road Target in Canton, MI. I left at least 6 more pair of scissors if anyone is still looking for them. No cheap tape though.

Christmas was gone, but I did find a pack of stray napkins for 22 cents.

The large Mickey Mouse head bowl was 99 cents (also 90% off) and I left those too. I had already bought a few in Ann Arbor. Oddly, the small Mickey bowl was 7.99.

70% off, Springmaid quilts & shams, my king was $27.xx. Not very happy that it faded after 1 wash. Also had a blue/green/tangerine combo...

I got the one on the left, it's dark purple and white. The package is a white box that the front is open so you can see/feel the item. I got the king size for my queen bed and it fits great, the full/queen size was way to small. I am disappointed that it faded for you, hopefully I'll get lucky and be fine.

There's still a side of an aisle with Christmas stuff. Nothing good. Just those foam things and tons and tons of individual ornaments.

I found the christmas story pajamas today!!! Lady at checkout was so surprised when she rang them up that she started to scan them again..lol..they were with pjs with red stickers that were 30% but these didn't even have clearance sticker..Also found 2 Meguiar's gift sets, not marked down, scanned 70% off for $9, reg $30..CS let me return things I had bought at 70% to get 90% today..oh, and I found more tape--think I have enough to last a couple of years (and that's after giving mom half my stock)...Thank you all for continuing to post these deals!

So excited! Got ds his coats for next year. All baby and toddler coats were 70 off. Got him a peacoat for 8** and a coat with the fleece inside for 9**. Also got him some pjs for 3** and 2**. Hoping to get a car seat next week for at least 50 off. He needs another convertible one for dh car.

So excited! Got ds his coats for next year. All baby and toddler coats were 70 off. Got him a peacoat for 8** and a coat with the fleece inside for 9**. Also got him some pjs for 3** and 2**. Hoping to get a car seat next week for at least 50 off. He needs another convertible one for dh car.

Thanks for the heads up on coats!! I just got them too! :-)

Is it better to go first thing in the morning for the toy clearance or later in the afternoon after they have had time to mark everything?

If you want a good selection it is best to go first thing in the morning. I used to think it was best to wait until 9:30-10:00 to get there so the markdown team would be done. But now with so many people shopping you pretty much need to be there early or the biggest/best items will be gone. Even if the markdown team is still working...you just wait until they get to the stuff you want or you (nicely) ask them to scan things for you if they are willing to do that. Most of the time they will but last year one guy flat out refused to scan anything that wasn't on the shelf in front of him. So I just started putting toys on the shelf in his path. :)

Some stores will have the markdown team there early and it will already be done when the store opens (that has happened more than once to me). And some will not have the team start until 10:30 and people have come and gone by then. It's kind of a crap shoot. It all depends on what toys you want and whether or not you want to deal with the whole chaotic scene.

So I guess I'm saying be prepared to get there early and wait around a while if you want the best selection.

Christmas not salvaged yet here in North DFW!!:eyepoppin Ran into buy some groceries, and figured I would check for more goodies and sure enough found the 2pc jammie sets. Grinch, Family Guy ringing 2.19.

Didn't see anyone mention the following items:

###086000129 Hotwheels puzzle erasers (4 piece set) .19

###087000465 Wooden puzzle brain teasers .39

###083091742 dog toys - orange tennis balls in large and small sizes (only bought the large size, 6 balls per pack in orange netting, look for red tag) .49

These were not on the regular holiday markdown schedule (they are red sticker markdowns) so won't make it to 90%, but they are Christmas themed and I've been trying to find them to put away for next year:

###081043065 RoseArt Color Blanks 2pack 2.98 was 9.99 (Went down to 70% off sometime within the past 2 days)

Couldn't believe Christmas things are still ringing up 90%. Found these "hidden" deals:

#####071950454 Snyder's of Hanover Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches dipped in Hershey's Chocolate $0.32 Reg. $3.29

#####086000128 Crazerasers (these were not Hotwheels; they have a green cardboard backing) $0.19 Reg. $1.99

Neither have any Christmas look to it. Snyder's were in the regular pretzel section. Crazerasers were by the cashier. Also found a random Colgate kids toothpaste, Reynolds parchment paper, HP Lego, Barbie Puzzle.

Edited by mju