Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Couldn't believe Christmas things are still ringing up 90%. Found these "hidden" deals:

#####071950454 Synder's of Hanover Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches dipped in Hershey's Chocolate $0.32 Reg. $3.29

#####086000128 Crazerasers (these were not Hotwheels; they have a green cardboard backing) $0.19 Reg. $1.99

Neither have any Christmas look to it. Synder's were in the regular pretzel section. Crazerasers were by the cashier. Also found a random Colgate kids toothpaste, Reynolds parchment paper, HP Lego, Barbie Puzzle.

Thanks for the heads up on the pretzels! Do you have any details on the parchment paper like what to look for or the code, etc.?

We went last week and just so happen to go during the 90% off mark down. I got two rolls of wrapping paper, a bunch of ribbon, mini M&Ms in tubes, PEZ sets, little box of Jelly Belly, UNO card game, little Lego set, Espresso Bark, Cookies and Cream bark, 2 5-pks of Hot Wheels cars, Lindt chocolates, some other little candy, Be Merry set of 3 serving bowls with lids and 6 of the matching Be Merry plates.

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/72/13729844.jpg

The best deal was this. Found these cans of Pringles with the reindeer on them. They rang up regular price however the manager told the cashier to go ahead and ring them 90% off since they were in Christmas packaging so I got them for about $0.20 each. The best deal for us yet! FYI, we did not grab all of them. There were a lot left though it may be gone now after the cashiers found out how cheap it was. ;)

http://img.makeupalley.com/4/6/0/4/2153215.JPG

The best deal was this. Found these cans of Pringles with the reindeer on them. They rang up regular price however the manager told the cashier to go ahead and ring them 90% off since they were in Christmas packaging so I got them for about $0.20 each. The best deal for us yet! FYI, we did not grab all of them. There were a lot left though it may be gone now after the cashiers found out how cheap it was. ;)

I saw the pringles but since they had the same UPC as the regular stock, they weren't ringing up on clearance so I left them. Maybe I'll have to see if their still there and ask :) The Weat Thins with snowflakes were also the same thing, ringing up full price.

Thanks for the heads up on the pretzels! Do you have any details on the parchment paper like what to look for or the code, etc.?

The parchment paper had a snowman, reindeer, penguin, and Christmas tree on it. That one was obviously Christmas. Sorry, the Colgate and Reynold's Parchment were Christmas looking.

The parchment paper had a snowman, reindeer, penguin, and Christmas tree on it. That one was obviously Christmas. Sorry, the Colgate and Reynold's Parchment were Christmas looking.

Thanks for info! Yeah I didn't see any holiday ones last week when I was there, was hopin it as a secret deal.

Thank you for the post on the Bicycle card set! I found multiple sets today...gonna help fill up the Easter baskets this year...Lady that checked me out couldn't believe it. I decided to scan a regular deck of cards just to see..they were $4+ ...this was a steal!

I was able to pick up some of the carmel popcorn with the nuts in it in the tall clear round plastic containers as in year's past. (Usually near the chips)They have several flavors but the store only had the carmel with nuts in it with the silver tagging on it, not green. They were ringing .49! We got addicted to this last year when we found tons of it in the regular section not marked. Some of the stores don't even carry it anymore, I got it at a Super Target. Was also able to pick up some more pretzel m&ms at .80! That was all I managed to find though. Everything else was cleared out. Found lots of crackers and pringles with holiday packaging but all ringing regular price.

Word at my store is toys will go 70% Thurs and baby clearance gets another markdown on Monday! Our toys were almost all 50% over the weekend so I think this Thursday is the day!

I don't believe it. I think it will be next week because they did a large number of markdowns to 50% last week.

Toys were 70% off at the Shawnee Mission Pkwy/Metcalf store this morning. Already marked down when the store opened! One aisle consolodated and the rest shoved on endcaps. However, Legos (and there are a TON of them) are only 50% off. Boo!

I mostly picked up some small things...teacup piggies, those little stuffed animals, a Leapster game, and my big purchase was the 2011 Holiday Barbie. I got most of what I really wanted/needed last week.

A few things I saw but did not get:

Tons of baby dolls, play kitchens of all shapes and sizes, big Matchbox airplane sets, tons of Little People sets (including a few nativity sets)...there was a ton of stuff.

Most coats were 70% off there, but snow pants were still 30% off.

Toys were 70% off at the Shawnee Mission Pkwy/Metcalf store this morning. Already marked down when the store opened! One aisle consolodated and the rest shoved on endcaps. However, Legos (and there are a TON of them) are only 50% off. Boo!

I mostly picked up some small things...teacup piggies, those little stuffed animals, a Leapster game, and my big purchase was the 2011 Holiday Barbie. I got most of what I really wanted/needed last week.

Tons of baby dolls, play kitchens of all shapes and sizes, big Matchbox airplane sets, tons of Little People sets (including a few nativity sets)...there was a ton of stuff.

Is this store usually a Wed store or a Thurs store?? My store usually does toys on Thurs but one year they were early and did them on Wed, so I don't want to miss it!! It's rainy and yucky here though so I hate to drag my little one out in it just to go check. They did the toy markdowns last week on Thurs, so maybe they didn't get ahead and will do them tomorrow as usual.

I would LOVE to find one of the little people nativity sets. My store had them 2 days before Christmas but I haven't seen any sign of them since. I'm stopping by today to scout things out and see if there is anything even worth going back for in the morning since my store typically does toys on Thursdays.

A HUGE thank you for posting the Snyder pretzels!!!! My kids love them - I found 6 bags in the reg section but they were scanning "item not found". So I took a chance since I had printed out your email so I could find the correct item. The manager at first was hesitant to give them to me for 32 cents, but when I showed them your post I printed she actually rang them up for me! I was happy she was so nice to give me a break. The guy behind me asked me where I found them - I am sure he was shocked at my 2.XX total!

No Crazeraser, uno cards, or legos though, bummer!

Is this store usually a Wed store or a Thurs store?? My store usually does toys on Thurs but one year they were early and did them on Wed, so I don't want to miss it!! It's rainy and yucky here though so I hate to drag my little one out in it just to go check. They did the toy markdowns last week on Thurs, so maybe they didn't get ahead and will do them tomorrow as usual.

It's a Wednesday store ususally. This year is so wacky...I would check if you can (though with yucky weather I may skip it). I mentioned it last week but one of my stores marked down last week and I've heard 3-4 people (different stores) say that theirs did the same. You just never know.

Most people posting on my blog are saying that their stores have NOT gone to 70% off yet. I'm guessing tomorrow for the masses.

We went last week and just so happen to go during the 90% off mark down. I got two rolls of wrapping paper, a bunch of ribbon, mini M&Ms in tubes, PEZ sets, little box of Jelly Belly, UNO card game, little Lego set, Espresso Bark, Cookies and Cream bark, 2 5-pks of Hot Wheels cars, Lindt chocolates, some other little candy, Be Merry set of 3 serving bowls with lids and 6 of the matching Be Merry plates.

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/72/13729844.jpg

http://img.makeupalley.com/4/6/0/4/2153215.JPG

I found these too but cashier didn't want to adjust the price. She called the manager and the manager says she couldn't give them to me at 90% because it's still in date and they will sell them at regular price even though it has a freakin reindeer on it... Omg REALLY!!!!

I found these too but cashier didn't want to adjust the price. She called the manager and the manager says she couldn't give them to me at 90% because it's still in date and they will sell them at regular price even though it has a freakin reindeer on it... Omg REALLY!!!!

Which store was this??

Park and DNT. It was so annoying. They had about 20 of them.

Annoying... perhaps, but then do you really think that bringing something up to the register that is scanning FULL price and asking Target to give it to you for 90% off is logical? There is soooo much that is packaged with something holiday"ish" (pumpkins, pilgrams, snowflakes or holly) that is not part of clearance. As much as we would all love it, if you give it some thought, it is a real long shot to get a cashier/manager that would take something down from full price to nearly free.

Congrats to those who have luck with that. I personally would feel funny even asking.

Congrats to those who have luck with that. I personally would feel funny even asking.

I agree. I've mentioned elsewhere we still have a load of Halloween reese's no bake stuff at my store because to this day it scans full price. In my opinion it's not the cashiers place to decide what should or shouldn't be discounted.

I have questioned managers at Publix about fresh cakes after a holiday because they USUALLY discount it, but with prepackaged stuff when I know it's hit or miss what goes on sale I wouldn't bother myself or store personnel.

We have tons of the Pringles, I thought I hit the motherload (and a year's supply for my dad)when it went to 90% but it scanned full price and I just left it.

Well, I'll be danged! SOOOO....Glad to hear it. I reckon I'll be ready to rock first thing in the morning. I mostly want the Halo sets for DS and will probably buy some Legos at 50% since they want them and Bdays are soon.

I took a box of the Triscuits with snowflakes on it up to customer service to see if it was a part of Christmas because I read someone saying that along with the Weat-Thins. She said no that was a vendor (Nabisco) product. Since this particular store isn't as friendly as my regular store, I didn't ask anything further. I know Coke, Frito-Lay, etc. will bring in their own products to stock. But somehow all these food products are getting down to 90%. Would this mean that the brands that are getting clearanced out are not vendor supplied? The whole vendor thing doesn't make any sense.... Sorry to go off topic a little everybody