This Black Friday I vow to....

msomnipotent

I vow to not get too upset when 4 new ads get leaked the same night and I'm up until 4am posting them all :P

Just remember how much we all love you for it. :g_dance:

My vow,

I will only use monetary instruments that have president's faces on them and the plastic ones that make me spend too much money. It is definitely the credit cards forcing me to spend to much, not me.

I vow to stick to my budget! I always end up spending more than I intend to and on stuff that isn't necessary, just because its cheap. I have about 15 DVDs that I bought last year because they were cheap and have never even opened.

I vow to not get too upset when 4 new ads get leaked the same night and I'm up until 4am posting them all :P

I vow to look at EVERY one of the ads you spend the time posting:tongue1: (Seriously, we DO appreciate your work!!)

I also vow to try to remember to click through GottaDeal when making online purchases.

I vow to actually go shopping on BF this year! Every year I say I'm going to do it and I always come up with some lame excuse not to go. No this year!! Especially if TRU opens at midnight. I'm definitely there!!:holiday16

me too! That is also my vow this year. (although there have been a couple years that I didn't get to go due to circumstances beyond my control)

I vow to stick to my budget! I always end up spending more than I intend to and on stuff that isn't necessary, just because its cheap. I have about 15 DVDs that I bought last year because they were cheap and have never even opened.

Agreed! I think maybe we have the same DVD pile from last year!:yup:

I vow to not go over budget on people including my DD8!! Just because she doesn't have 40 presents to open doesn't mean she is going to be upset or saddened. I put more pressure on myself than she does.

& I vow to tell her the truth about Santa this year if it comes up. She's starting to ask a lot of questions that I don't have the answers too :) Smart girl.

I vow to not go over budget on people including my DD8!! Just because she doesn't have 40 presents to open doesn't mean she is going to be upset or saddened. I put more pressure on myself than she does.

& I vow to tell her the truth about Santa this year if it comes up. She's starting to ask a lot of questions that I don't have the answers too :) Smart girl.

we did that this year, I have already told her, she was like duh! guess what i got out of it... a shopping buddy! she is always like, "MOM what got posted today on gottadeal? are the ads out yet?" she is 9!

I vow not to forget what I bought!

I vow to keep the my holiday spirit when others won't

I agree.To often we lose the spirit of Christmas and let the gift of giving take on new meanings.So many kids go without on Christmas and i selfishly but my kids everything only to throw it away but next year.

I also vow to do the senior citizen angel tree again this year.It made me feel so good to do it last year.

I vow to get in line early with the family and enjoy the night....we always make it such an experience. Games, music, fun. It is why I go every year. Deals smeals....who cares? (okay maybe just a little bit...okay a lot, but I do it for the family fun and the deals are a bonus!) I didn't get to go last year due to food poisoning... so I am really looking forward to this year...

we did that this year, I have already told her, she was like duh! guess what i got out of it... a shopping buddy! she is always like, "MOM what got posted today on gottadeal? are the ads out yet?" she is 9!

I vow not to forget what I bought!

Yah!! I can't wait for a shopping buddy!!! We don't talk about Santa anymore, I don't bring him up I just say tell ME what you want for Christmas. She doesn't even want to go see him at the mall anymore because she knows that's not the real Santa and he is too busy so what's the point she says. Although I love the look in her eyes when he calls her on the phone a week before and asks her what she wants. I am going to miss that, maybe we wont have to forget about him until next year.

Actually get some sleep the night before! :tired:

I am usually all amp'd up and stuck in front of Best Buy so I end up not sleeping any. So when I leave Best Buy that BF morning I go home and crash for the rest of the day. I miss all the other sales every year!

I vow not to grumble over possibly chilly temperatures when there are so many others in freezing temperatures or worse. I vow to try and be more happy with whatever I can get than upset over anything I don't get. Somehow whatever I miss out on, no matter how small or meaningless, always seems to take over the must have item spot.

write down what I buy on Black Friday and keep it with me throughout the holiday season so that I remember what I bought and do not overspend

Me too!!! Also I vow not to drive to a sale when we have freezing rain. (Almost slid off the road last year!):D

get the hdtv i have wanted for 4 yrs. i have a friend who will camp out with me. the years keep getting crazier with more people showing up early. i miss the days when you could line up at 4 am and get what you wanted. i think 3 pm the day before might be risky now

I vow to be xtra nice to the employees at the stores I shop at. Normally I am nice but, on BF I am sure there are people who aren't nice to the staff. I like the idea of bringing them goodies may have to do that.

Also, I choose a charity that I donate something to. This year I vow to go above and beyond. I am planning on sending care packages to our troops. My friend is being deployed and I am sure he and his squad would love some stuff for the holidays!!

I vow to not be an impulse shopper!! Last year I got so caught up in the excitement that I bought tons of stuff I didn't need. I tried to buy one of eveything on sale and I did not have anyone to give the stuff to. I took almost everything back to the stored for a refund the day after Black Friday. I need help!! I am a Black Friday junkie!!!!

I vow not to freak out over buying something,then seeing it on sale later on,and returning it only to save a dollar. The stress over doing that multiple times is surely not worth the few dollars I might be saving.

I vow to CUT BACK.

I know I say it every year,but this year I mean it!

(I say THAT every year too)