GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Happy October 1st Everyone!  My oldest is getting ready to attend his first homecoming dance. I don't know how they do it everywhere else but these homecoming proposals are just ridiculous. What happened to just asking someone to go to the dance with you? Why all the dramatics and over the top ideas? Anyhow, I went with the flow and helped him put it together and she said yes.

• Like 3

Checking in for October, a month filled with many birthdays. My sister would be 42 this month if it wasn't for cervical cancer.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month but I feel sad for those with other types of cancer that get overlooked.  By the way January is Cervical Cancer Awareness month.

I have about 2-3 friends birthdays on October 2nd, so I better get ready to give them a ring.  Sadly though the date in recent years has been scarred into me as it was the date another friend of mine committed suicide.  We had gone our separate ways in the years leading up to it, but it hurt me so much hearing the news.  I cried more at his funeral than I did at other family members.  If you know someone who's feeling down in the dumps, have a little chat with them.  Maybe its just a bad day, maybe its a bad year, but without talking with them, a bad day turns into a bad year, which could turn into something much worse.

Sorry to bring everyone down this month, but Fall has this stigma of death for me, my dad passed in September a couple weeks after somebody else I knew passed.  In November my grandpa passed while I was a Senior in high school, and a few years later a close family friend passed on Black Friday.  My dad and I had talked to him just hours earlier that morning as I wrapped up BF shopping.  Later that day someone checked on him at his farm and he had a heart attack and passed.

Maybe that's why I hang around this site so much during BF season because it takes my mind off stuff.  Maybe this site is my therapy, my way to cope with the season.  Even though I don't buy much on Black Friday anymore, it is still soothing to come to Gottadeal and see the new ads and occasionally join in on the banter on the Holiday forums.  Thank you Brad and everyone else that makes this site great!

Closing on a positive note, maybe we'll see our first ad soon!

Love and hugs to you Rock!  

• Like 1

Thank you.  That happy post with a month full of birthdays turned sad pretty quick.

On the bright side, I found out Pluto added 12 new channels including 24hour Baywatch and American Gladiators (the old ones), so I'll probably hibernate for the rest of the year and relive my youth!

• Like 3

I feel like a broken record by saying this but.........Where the heck did September go?!?!  Mid-90's for highs today, again.  I can't stand it anymore.  I went up north for the weekend and was able to wear jeans, and a 3/4 sleeve shirt 2 days in a row and I thought to myself more than once that I should enjoy it because it might not happen again this winter.  LOL.  Mother Nature needs to get a darn grip about this heat.  

Anyway, happy October everyone.  Time to hang my fall door wreath and garden flag outside.  

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 2

Checking in for October, a month filled with many birthdays. My sister would be 42 this month if it wasn't for cervical cancer.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month but I feel sad for those with other types of cancer that get overlooked.  By the way January is Cervical Cancer Awareness month.

I have about 2-3 friends birthdays on October 2nd, so I better get ready to give them a ring.  Sadly though the date in recent years has been scarred into me as it was the date another friend of mine committed suicide.  We had gone our separate ways in the years leading up to it, but it hurt me so much hearing the news.  I cried more at his funeral than I did at other family members.  If you know someone who's feeling down in the dumps, have a little chat with them.  Maybe its just a bad day, maybe its a bad year, but without talking with them, a bad day turns into a bad year, which could turn into something much worse.

Sorry to bring everyone down this month, but Fall has this stigma of death for me, my dad passed in September a couple weeks after somebody else I knew passed.  In November my grandpa passed while I was a Senior in high school, and a few years later a close family friend passed on Black Friday.  My dad and I had talked to him just hours earlier that morning as I wrapped up BF shopping.  Later that day someone checked on him at his farm and he had a heart attack and passed.

Maybe that's why I hang around this site so much during BF season because it takes my mind off stuff.  Maybe this site is my therapy, my way to cope with the season.  Even though I don't buy much on Black Friday anymore, it is still soothing to come to Gottadeal and see the new ads and occasionally join in on the banter on the Holiday forums.  Thank you Brad and everyone else that makes this site great!

Closing on a positive note, maybe we'll see our first ad soon!

Passing is never a pleasant experience for us to deal with. I try to remember the good times that were had with my family/friends that have gone on and honor them and their memories in that way. Sometimes it's just good to talk to others and think about other things as you said.

• Like 1

As a thyroid cancer and leukemia survivor, I know that September is both Thyroid Cancer Awareness month and Blood Cancers/Leukemia Awareness month. As a 1 year breast cancer survivor, October has taken on new meaning. I'll try to remember January is Cervical Cancer Awareness month.
  • Like 1

It may be October, but the weather sure still feels like summer. It’s supposed to be 92 tomorrow.

Happy Hotober...err I mean October. We have the same temps here. We should be in the 80s by now. Doesn’t look like they will get here for at least another couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Grocery bags are getting shipped out tomorrow. 

I should’ve thought about the quantities better because 4 bags pushes the weight of each package just over a pound which means no first class shipping option as they have to ship Priority Mail so I’m paying $7.50-$10 per shipment which is more than the bags themselves cost :( If I had more bags I could’ve sent 7 or 8 to each of you at the same shipping cost. 

Next year’s prize will definitely be something easier and cheaper to ship :P

• Like 4

I should’ve thought about the quantities better because 4 bags pushes the weight of each package just over a pound which means no first class shipping option as they have to ship Priority Mail so I’m paying $7.50-$10 per shipment which is more than the bags themselves cost :( If I had more bags I could’ve sent 7 or 8 to each of you at the same shipping cost. 

SO then why not just ship 3 bags per person? Use the left over bags for another prize package.

SO then why not just ship 3 bags per person? Use the left over bags for another prize package.

The “rules” in the OP said it would be 4 bags if we had this amount of members, so that’s what I did. And I had already packaged 4 per bag before I realized the shipping issue.

Shipping kills, my friend does custom laser etching on different things like metal tumblers, glass and stuff. The products are reasonable enough to get but the freaking shipping runs the costs way up.

The “rules” in the OP said it would be 4 bags if we had this amount of members, so that’s what I did. And I had already packaged 4 per bag before I realized the shipping issue.

I don't know what it says about me, but I just read the fist post in this thread for the first time.  I am VERY excited about the prize.  One of my favorite stores is Aldis which does not provide bags.  You also have to leave a $0.25 deposit when yoo take a carriage.  You never see a cart blowing around the parking lot.

• Like 1